2018 Princess Half Marathon

I was going to run out and grab KT tape today, but just realized the Marathon expo is this week! I think I'll run over there and visit the KT booth so I can watch them apply tape to my ankle and learn to do it at home.

Good idea. Buy it there so they’ll tape you.

The Kt website has tons of videos on it to help as well.

I ran 10 miles today on the treadmill, it wasn't as terrible as I thought. Wouldn't want to do it again though, it took 2 hours! Praying for better weather for the rest of training. Happy New Year everyone! Hope everyone else's training is going well.

I was going to run out and grab KT tape today, but just realized the Marathon expo is this week! I think I'll run over there and visit the KT booth so I can watch them apply tape to my ankle and learn to do it at home.

Watch out for the crowds. They get pretty busy on Thursday and Friday preparing people for the weekend races.

I went out and bought heavier pants today so I can run tomorrow in our 3-degree weather (I always run on New Year's Day, it's like a good luck charm) but I am wayyyyy behind in my training. It's fine, it's fine, I have plenty of time. Someone tell me I have plenty of time! haha

Watch out for the crowds. They get pretty busy on Thursday and Friday preparing people for the weekend races.

My plan was to be there first thing Thursday morning. I have to drop my in laws off at MCO around 8am. I’ll be there well before they open, but as long as I have coffee and a book to pass the time I’ll be fine. At the very least I’ll get a good parking spot at ESPN :)

I did a mile on the treadmill this morning. Between a bad back and then a stomach bug I am about 4 weeks behind in my training. My NY resolution is to run at least a mile every day this year. I'm planning my first marathon in the fall of this year so I want to get off on the right foot.

Long run on the treadmill today...10 degrees with -5 wind chill and snow/ice covering the running paths and sidewalks kept me indoors.

DH and I usually do the local Y’s New Years Day race, but it was cancelled due to the weather conditions.

Sending safe travel wishes to those headed to WDW for Marathon weekend!

I did my 9.5 on the treadmill this morning. It was tough, but I'm glad it is done! Looking forward to hopefully less cold and less snow for the next long run. I'm so much faster outside :crazy2:

I did my 7 yesterday (will do 2 today...I’m behind and got flip flopped lol). That treadmill, not easy!

Setting the belt speed is tricky. I was on my ‘mill at a 1 incline at 4.0 speed setting the other day. A slightly taller dude was next to me, at 0 incline and 9.0 speed. We were going at the same pace. His strides were longer, but come on. His treadmill belt was doing a ton of the work for him. And he got to x miles well before I would have.

Yearerday my garmin clocked me at 8.29 miles while the treadmill had me at 7.01. Pretty sure the garmin is more rooted in reality. The treadmill is stuck at whatever I tell it.

So I’ll train well beyond the mileage each time, and I’ll love being on the ground for the event! :):)

Still fighting this nasty plantar fasciitis :headache: Got a cortisone shot last Thursday, which I was really hoping would help, but no relief yet. Tried to do 4 on Sunday, but only made it to 2.5 before the pain was too rough. I'm going to try the gym's elliptical today, and hope that somewhat mirrors running??? Not sure how this is all going to come together in time for the races, but I plan to finish them, even if I have to crawl :rolleyes:. Those medals are fabulous!!

So excited that I just snagged a BoG res for lunch on the Tuesday after the races. Wish I was as happy about my running progress! Missed my New Year's Day run due to a last minute family trip. Hopefully going to get something in tomorrow and then we're expecting a big snowstorm Thursday. Sigh... Fingers crossed I can get in a long run this weekend.

I, too, am interested in this ^^^ info. Hopefully they do a wallet, since I already dropped some serious cash on the Disney Dogs D&B tote and foldover crossbody, so I'm all set on bags.

Any info on pre-order or design of the dooney bags for this year? Seems like they usually have something out by now.
The bag shown for the marathon looked like a loungfly one I wonder if they are switching over

I did my 7 yesterday (will do 2 today...I’m behind and got flip flopped lol). That treadmill, not easy!

Setting the belt speed is tricky. I was on my ‘mill at a 1 incline at 4.0 speed setting the other day. A slightly taller dude was next to me, at 0 incline and 9.0 speed. We were going at the same pace. His strides were longer, but come on. His treadmill belt was doing a ton of the work for him. And he got to x miles well before I would have.

Yearerday my garmin clocked me at 8.29 miles while the treadmill had me at 7.01. Pretty sure the garmin is more rooted in reality. The treadmill is stuck at whatever I tell it.

So I’ll train well beyond the mileage each time, and I’ll love being on the ground for the event! :):)

Yeah my Garmin is always ahead of my treadmill too. Treadmill said 9.5, Garmin said 10.1.

Had my ankle taped up at the expo yesterday. I went for a run this morning and no pain!!! It’s been a long time since I’ve had to run in 30 degree weather. I put on too many layers LOL! I had on a tank, long sleeve shirt, vest, pants, gloves and a hat. I could have done without the vest and been perfect.

Keep stalking those FOP fast passes! I was just able to snag some for Friday morning which is our one day to go to AK! With only 3 park days we weren’t able to have much flexibility.

Can’t wait!
I was also able to snag FOP fast passes this morning for Thursday 2/22, the exact day I wanted to go to AK, so definitely keep checking if you weren't able to get them! :wizard:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter