2019 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 29-November 23, 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you're getting midday tickets, then you won't even be entering Epcot until noon, and by then WS will be on its way to being a madhouse on a Saturday (weather permitting - if the weather is bad some locals may just stay home). I'd do it on Friday, the madness starts a bit later.

I agree, a kid who won't eat booth food may find something they like at the regular QS around the showcase.

Is there any place to find a listing of the events by day? We only have 2 days available and I’d love to see an overview of just what is happening those days rather than trying to comb through each event searching for the days!

I see now that to get this kind of info you have to pay for their guidebook. Not going to spend money for that! Guess I’ll have to set aside time over the weekend to comb through the events.
Going to MDE on my phone via the internet not the app, then reserve dining, the options are listed together. I don’t know if that’s everything but it might be an easy place to start.

I see now that to get this kind of info you have to pay for their guidebook. Not going to spend money for that! Guess I’ll have to set aside time over the weekend to comb through the events.

No you don’t have to have the guidebook. There are other links that outline the events.

I'm sorry if we missed it - we already have our EttB package, but we won't be activating our AP until we get there for that trip - anyway to still get it after we activate our pass?
You don't pay for your EttB package until you are there and in the restaurant. After your meal you will get your check and tickets for the concert. You will need to have your AP activated by then in order to get the discount...it's just like everything else with the AP discount. Discounts can't be used unless it's activated.

I've read (somewhere) that there may be a problem with using your Magicband and possibly Disney gift cards at some of the food kitchens. Will a credit card be a problem? I'm thinking about maybe getting a prepaid Visa gift card. TIA

I've read (somewhere) that there may be a problem with using your Magicband and possibly Disney gift cards at some of the food kitchens. Will a credit card be a problem? I'm thinking about maybe getting a prepaid Visa gift card. TIA
Occasionally (some years more often, some years much less often) the food and wine booth registers go down for a period of time. When that happens they can still take cash.
So, my solution has always been to bring a disney gift card. (I can reload it as needed...and I do reload it. :sunny:)
I also bring about 20.00 in cash. If the register goes down, the CM will start asking folks with cash to step to the front of the line. They will serve you and you'll be on your way with your treats.

A credit card will also work when the registers are fully operational. As long as you bring a small amount of cash, too, I think you'll be fine.

Has anyone had luck with people cancelling the speciality dining pairings? I tried to book the Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing for October 7th and they said there isn't any availability for 1 person.

Has anyone had luck with people cancelling the speciality dining pairings? I tried to book the Mediterranean Food and Wine Pairing for October 7th and they said there isn't any availability for 1 person.
It happens but as the events are non-refundable it’s not frequent. I did have to cancel one year due to a medical issue. They do refund on an exception basis in extreme situations like that but since they don’t refund if you’re just changing your mind/plans it’s not too common.

I really can't wait to attend my first F&W. There's so many different foods I want to try so bad after looking at the menus lol. Am an AP holder so will be going at least 4 times to get that coaster swag

I read you can get the passport that you can get stamped (I guess to know which foods you try?). Is it something to use during the whole time there, or need to pickup a new one each time? Sorry for it being a dumb question

I really can't wait to attend my first F&W. There's so many different foods I want to try so bad after looking at the menus lol. Am an AP holder so will be going at least 4 times to get that coaster swag

I read you can get the passport that you can get stamped (I guess to know which foods you try?). Is it something to use during the whole time there, or need to pickup a new one each time? Sorry for it being a dumb question

You can bring it back and use it every visit! :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter