2019 Holiday Time at DLR Superthread: 11/08/19 - 1/06/20!

Any recent/updated crowd reports? Tomorrow is the last day for the Deluxe AP and Friday is the last day for Signature. How is that affecting the crowds now?

Yesterday was great. For most the rides the FP times were nearly immediately or less than an hour away. With the exception of HM and it’s a small world. It was definitely the least crowded of our days!

We have been in the parks around this same time for three years now and yesterday was definitely one of the least crowded, for sure.

Probably a dumb question, but is Christmas morning at the parks crazy crowded? We just moved to SoCal and don’t have plans for Christmas morning so we are considering heading to the parks first thing in the morning and just doing as much as possible until early afternoon. We are considering just going to DCA to save a little money on a park hopper and also to get some food at the Festival of the Holidays booths.
Obviously we won’t have early access - the parks open at 7am for Early Magic hours and 8am for all other guests - so I’m concerned DCA will already be super crowded when we go in at 8am. Thoughts? Advice? We’d like to hit a few rides but also don’t need to see everything Christmas morning. Mostly just looking for a fun Christmas morning activity since it’ll just be hubby and me for our first holiday as SoCal residents.

We are arriving on Sunday. Bummer to see rain expected pretty much all week :(

Dress warm! We were freezing our buns off. I packed us jeans, pants, and our usual spirit jerseys/Columbia fleece and it was not enough. I was envious of the people I saw in their full on winter coats- I so regretted not bringing ours! We were there last year and maybe we got lucky but it wasn’t as cold as it is now. Disney definitely made a profit off us and many others that weren’t prepared and had to buy hats/scarves in the shops. 😂

Yesterday was great. For most the rides the FP times were nearly immediately or less than an hour away. With the exception of HM and it’s a small world. It was definitely the least crowded of our days!
We have been in the parks around this same time for three years now and yesterday was definitely one of the least crowded, for sure.
Once the lower passes start their holiday blackouts, it makes a noticeable difference in the crowd levels in the parks. Today, I would expect an upswing in crowds since it's the last day for Deluxe. Glad your trips are going well!

I'm hoping to go Saturday. I'm kind of sad my friends will be blocked though lol Guess it will be a solo day!

What are the good holiday foods? I haven't tried very much, granted I've only gone twice during the Christmas season. I've tried the santa cookies churro and that's it.

Dress warm! We were freezing our buns off. I packed us jeans, pants, and our usual spirit jerseys/Columbia fleece and it was not enough. I was envious of the people I saw in their full on winter coats- I so regretted not bringing ours! We were there last year and maybe we got lucky but it wasn’t as cold as it is now. Disney definitely made a profit off us and many others that weren’t prepared and had to buy hats/scarves in the shops. 😂
Thanks for the head's up! I will definitely pack accordingly. I wouldn't have thought to bring the fully on winter gear, but we'll make sure to bring the warmer coats. Thanks again :)

Thanks for the head's up! I will definitely pack accordingly. I wouldn't have thought to bring the fully on winter gear, but we'll make sure to bring the warmer coats. Thanks again :)
I will add to this. I always wear my winter coat to the park this time of the year. I can't stand being cold. There are always at least a few people who will say "wow, we should've dressed like you" or "we are going to have to leave the park early because we did't dress our kids warm enough". Many of these people are also from colder climates. So don't underestimate the cold in Anaheim!

I will add to this. I always wear my winter coat to the park this time of the year. I can't stand being cold. There are always at least a few people who will say "wow, we should've dressed like you" or "we are going to have to leave the park early because we did't dress our kids warm enough". Many of these people are also from colder climates. So don't underestimate the cold in Anaheim!
I'm in Northern California and lived in LA for a while so I know what you mean. My husband always needs the reminder though. He claims to not get cold ... until it's cold, LOL. I read the posts aloud to him to encourage him to bring a warmer coat :)

While it will be very busy and crowded, getting there at park opening would be an okay choice, especially since you plan on leaving a few hours later. You can single rider Radiator Springs and maybe get a decent return time on one FP.

I've never been to DL at park opening on Christmas day. I am assuming people will be doing gifts/church/etc first thing in the morning and the parks won't get too insane until around 11:00am (the time I usually get there, which I don't recommend).

If you are in the parks this weekend, will you please report on the crowd levels? I'm planning a trip next year for the weekend before Christmas, so I'm super curious. Of course I'm watching wait times on the app, and I'm aware of the AP block outs, but I'd love to hear some first hand accounts.

I’m here now and have been here since rope drop. Started at DCA. Was able to get a candy cane wristband and be at the front of the line for Soarin.

To me it’s not bad, but it is still early. Also adding, I’m going pretty slow and have gotten through Soarin, Cars, Monster Inc, space mountain, Matterhorn, and I’m about to do haunted mansion

If you are in the parks this weekend, will you please report on the crowd levels? I'm planning a trip next year for the weekend before Christmas, so I'm super curious. Of course I'm watching wait times on the app, and I'm aware of the AP block outs, but I'd love to hear some first hand accounts.
Since this is the first weekend after most passes got blocked, there should be a noticeable decrease in crowds. The day ticket guests will still be out in full force, but the masses of lower APs trying to get their park fix before being blocked out are not there (until next month!).

I was at the park from Rope drop to about 12pm. The morning time was very empty!!!! I was able to get a wristband for a candy cane with no problem. Around 9, I went to trolley treats to get something, and the lady said they had just ran out of wristbands. So they didn’t go immediately.

I’ve been going the few days or weekend before Christmas for a while now, even before having a pass. The key to it is getting there as early as possible! Like I said morning was empty! I did 8 rides by noon! Getting there early will allow you to start stacking fastpasses! If you arrive at say 10am, you will be stuck with farther out times and longer waits to choose your next fastpass. I noticed when I did space mountain (At 9ish), the standby was 75 minutes yet the fastpasses were distributing for 45 minutes away. Same with rides like Big thunder and small world. Standby was 45-50 minutes each yet the times weren’t far away. I’m assuming this is due to more tourists/newbies being in the park and not knowing how to use fastpasses.

This is such a cute treat! Got it this morning! I don’t normally care for Rice Krispies, but I thought it was good.
Downside: I think the sugar, dye, whatever was in here may have made me sick. Oops! Lol I should know better by now but I sometimes can’t resist some of the treats around the park.

Attachments

• BCF9F40D-EE57-417D-AC0F-A6EFD383FF7A.jpeg
    BCF9F40D-EE57-417D-AC0F-A6EFD383FF7A.jpeg
    74.3 KB · Views: 20

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter