2020 dining plan changes- game changer! DxDP - any plan changes or credit sharing issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am pretty sure none of the call center CM are on-site... please someone let me know if I am wrong. There are many people who answer Disneys phones that don't "work" for Disney. Unfortunately, CM do not really many times know what in the world is going on.

I can't confirm that there are NONE onsite, but I do know many of them don't live anywhere near Orlando. I have a cousin who was a Disney dining phone CM. She lives in NC. She's NEVER been to Disney. Has no idea that Disney is any different than your local amusement park. The only training she had was reading what was given her and following the prompts on her home computer that was logged into Disney's system.

I still say the phone CM saying this is giving their interpretation of "kid's must eat from the kid's menu." There have been many people coming to these boards over the years and asking if that includes buffets, so it's easy to see how he came to his conclusion.

May I ask why you were concerned about TS credits for buffets? I've not seen anything anywhere about changing the credits needed for buffets.

THIS THREAD. I read everything straight through -I think I got confused based on the very mixed-up posts about two rooms and splitting deluxe and regular and co-sharing credits with offsite guests and children in one room vs another.

That must have been so frustrating.
If it were me, I'd keep my ressies and not worry. I would put his info in the ridiculous and totally unenforceable category.
And I'm sorry he sounded sort of gruff.
Crazy stuff, huh?

He was polite but obviously tired of the questions around dining.

THIS THREAD. I read everything straight through -I think I got confused based on the very mixed-up posts about two rooms and splitting deluxe and regular and co-sharing credits with offsite guests and children in one room vs another.

Okay. Let me see if I can clear it up. Before Jan 1, DELUXE credits and QS credits were not separated into child and adult, so you could use a child's credit to purchase an adult meal at both QS and TS locations (if you had Deluxe dining). Disney has finally decided they're not going to allow that anymore, so children do have to ORDER from a child's menu when there is one available. There's no way they are going to make that happen at a buffet where no one orders, but just helps themselves. The only thing that has changed is you can no longer use a child's credit to pay for an adult eating at said buffet.

I think anytime there's a loophole that works in your favor, you need to be grateful every time it works, but always be expecting that the next time it will no longer work. :) I think it goes along with the mindsets of going into things prepared for the worst, but hoping of the best and/or keeping your expectations low so that there are more happy surprises than unhappy ones. :)

Personally, I tend to expect Murphy's Law to be hard at work every day of my life, so when I catch a break, I'm super excited, but I don't feel too bummed out when I don't, because that's what I was expecting anyway, LOL!

All that aside, I do know that it's always a bummer when something that has been working for you for some time suddenly stops working in the same way. I'm sure we've all been there in many aspects of life.

FYI, the Dining Plan signup page still states: "*Meal and snack entitlements are per person (ages 3+), per night of your stay. For example, for a 4-night stay, if you get the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, each person (ages 3+) would get 8 Quick-Service meals and 8 snacks. "

I wonder if Disney can be sued for not honoring this statement any longer?

FYI, the Dining Plan signup page still states: "*Meal and snack entitlements are per person (ages 3+), per night of your stay. For example, for a 4-night stay, if you get the Disney Quick-Service Dining Plan, each person (ages 3+) would get 8 Quick-Service meals and 8 snacks. "

What about the statement isn’t true anymore?

I will state my opinion for the change is simple: Alcohol. It is MY OPINION. Looking ahead under the old rules. One adult sits with the 3 kids. 3 adults go up order 6 QS meals and gets 6 drinks (3 were technically from the child credits but the system didn't know) with alcohol and pay for 3 water/juice beverages because nobody is giving children alcohol on my watch ever but I digress. The other adult goes up and orders a QS with a drink. The 4 adults now have 7 drinks. I am certain this was happening just by reading all the crazy throw away and room splitting posts. My head was dizzier than consuming two glasses of wine at lunch.

I think you may be right. It never occurred to me to double fist drinks for myself but on two occassions we used my 3 year-old’s QS credit to treat my friend while paying cash for what my kid ate instead. In both instances she ordered an adult entree and an alcoholic drink. I like to think it balances out by the instances where I got a soda for myself at TS meals, or used QS credits for breakfast. But I could see where Disney potentially started to lose money once alcohol was included.

I think anytime there's a loophole that works in your favor, you need to be grateful every time it works, but always be expecting that the next time it will no longer work. :) I think it goes along with the mindsets of going into things prepared for the worst, but hoping of the best and/or keeping your expectations low so that there are more happy surprises than unhappy ones. :)

Personally, I tend to expect Murphy's Law to be hard at work every day of my life, so when I catch a break, I'm super excited, but I don't feel too bummed out when I don't, because that's what I was expecting anyway, LOL!

All that aside, I do know that it's always a bummer when something that has been working for you for some time suddenly stops working in the same way. I'm sure we've all been there in many aspects of life.

We've always expected to be charged adult for adult and child for child. It's only here that I read of such crazy. Personally, except for 3 times (Children of friends) in the last few years, we haven't had children that qualify (ages 3-9) in over 18 years. I always felt badly for the parents (me!) of the picky 4 year olds that had to pay the big $$ for 3 chicken nuggets. These parents are on the other side- their 8 & 9 year old children have big appetites and eat a variety of food.

I think it is a combination of many things, alcohol only being one of them. I think the number of guests buying DxDDP for kids, and then sharing the credits with adults in another room put Disney over the edge. When it was only a relatively small number of guests who managed this loophole, things were left alone, but if i go just by this message boards posts, the practice exploded.

I will state my opinion for the change is simple: Alcohol. It is MY OPINION..
I lost this part in all the crazy discussion.

I agree!! I don’t drink so I never thought of this angle but this is probably why they had to extend the fix to the QS loophole too. (That’s the one I’m sort of sad about)

Last edited:
It's more to what is not said in this statement. 3+ is the only age determination provided anywhere. Saying that 3-9 is now a different class of meal would be a significant introduction of undisclosed facts.
Please. There are children menus which children, 3-9, are expected to order. That has never ever changed. What has changed is Disney's ability to give you exactly what you purchased. No more, no less. The days of paying $26 and getting an adult qs meal w a cocktail is over. You will now get exactly what you are entitled.

[

It's more to what is not said in this statement. 3+ is the only age determination provided anywhere. Saying that 3-9 is now a different class of meal would be a significant introduction of undisclosed facts.

They haven't changed anything in their literature and they do disclose that the 3-9 age group is a different class of meal:

Each Guest ages 3 and over will receive a refillable drink mug, which is eligible for refills at self-service beverage islands at Quick-Service locations at any Disney Resort hotel. Guests ages 3 to 9 must order from a children’s menu, where available.

You are paying two different rates so how could one assume a child rate gets adult meals. No one will sue, there is no false advertising. People just need to stop being cheap and follow the rules that were already in place instead of *****ing.

I lost this part in all the crazy discussion.

I agree!! I don’t drink so I never thought of this angle but this is probably why they had to extend the fix to the QS loophole too.
Two drinks per kid on plan 1 @ QS and 1 @ TS for $30 ...is a steal. FOR THE ADULTS TO DRINK (sorry, if I don't state that, someone will accuse me - the person that didn't drink until I was nearly 40 and still won't drive if I've taken a sip of being some sort of degenerate that gives children alcohol)

You are paying two different rates so how could one assume a child rate gets adult meals. No one will sue, there is no false advertising. People just need to stop being cheap and follow the rules that were already in place instead of *****ing.

But it would be nice if Disney simply downsized the portions as opposed to offering the same 2-3 foods across the board.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter