2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

It will be DW and I, MIL, DS 19, DD 23, and 3 dogs, 2 parrots, cat and ferret. Animals don't each much, but will steal bean bags.
I will have a set of bags/boards, and have a few puzzles to bring.
Maybe we can see if the kids wanna play polish the aluminum wheels on the RVs. :rotfl2:

Last edited:
George Conover, DW and two GD, not sure about DD.
The horses are living the life, no shows to worry about. Same for the rest of the critters.
I have all the stuff for the wheels, not a bad idea.

If i can pry them out of my kidos hands. Lol. Be warned to check hers, lots are fakes and i can't tell the diffrence. I can bring a second set of bean bags and boards.
Ggc how old are the grandchildren? Just wondering as my daughter is 8 going on 18 and wants to know. Plus we have the ins on the free beaches for the little ones.

Im also open to a pot luck one night. Whos with me!

Girls are 4 & 7
Ok nice. I have spots for you guys to explore. If you want to. Usher park beach, on lake george but smaller beach and area for littler kids. , good for the little ones and free. A little walk downhill but they have close bathrooms. And a decent playground. I have more remote places also, depends what you want. If six flags opens its good for the 7 yo , ok for the 4 yo. Then there is another amusment park great for the 4 yo, and not so great for the 7 yo. It has all the kiddie rides from the 1920s , lol. Its atually a blast feom the past. We will see whats open. The mini golf, around the world off the main beach is a must do for everyone. One of the best gold courses around. And fireworks are Wednesdays? At lake georege.

Did everyone check their PMs? I know Vince put one out the other night. I noticed a couple of missing responses.

We got our 6 person cart reserved. We also added 2 weeks to our current camping trip at our local campground. So we are departing from there and working our way up to the moose. Looks like this is shaping up for a good time.

Do we want to plan some stuff? Pot luck? Cabanas? Dinner out? Chime in here folks.

I know (and the exact day/times will depend on watching weather as we get closer) that the definite off site activities we will be doing are a river tubing ride and one of the 1 hour cruises with one of the steamship companies. If anyone else is interested in any of those, could possibly go at same time.

I am on board with a get together one of the evenings... I was kind of thinking the Thursday or Friday night (13th or 14th) would work best. I am good with the idea of a “sort of” pot luck. “Sort of” meaning anything we brought would likely not be home made (although I am willing to bring drinks or anything that I can pick up food wise to help out with such an undertaking). I would not want to subject anyone to anything I might attempt to make... and frankly, after seeing some of what people have accomplished at some of the other DISmeets (esp: GSP), I don’t think I could hold a candle to any of that! Having said that, I don’t expect anyone else to spend their vacation time in meal preparations, either (although some people love to do that, of course). So, bottom line, I am all for an evening get together for snacking/eating/drinks and visiting, but I don’t need it to be anything super fancy or of great preparation. I am simple/easily satisfied... lol.

I think we are probably out on the cabana rental, but we will certainly be around the pool area during our stay, so would hopefully see some of us around down there.

Ok so i see the foreworks at lake george were cancled for this summer. So we can do a pot luck ( dosent have to be home made) or get together, drinks and snacks on Thursday or friday. Whatever is good by most.

Oh , and we can do an impromptu tubing trip depending on the weather. They usally always have spots open for that, so no need to book ahead.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter