2020 Northeast Dismeet @ Moose Hillock thread

My son’s 14 b-day is Thursday, so will be doing something for him that day (dining of his choice), plus we have ice cream cake for his b-day that we just bought at local place here, but will still make sure to visit in evening at least. I’m not sure exactly what the Thursday schedule will be with that.
Sounds good, keep us informed

Thursday afternoon/evening works for us or any other day. :thumbsup2

Finished our grocery shopping for the MH and will be heading out around 10:45 for a 2:00 checkin tomorrow. :car: See ya soon

I might be following you at some point tomorrow coming down from lake placid.

Ok , so restaurants are packed early. It seems a lot of places chose to close mon, tues, wed, for the covid. So , make reservations if you want to eat out. Its a madhouse trying to get into a place to eat. And my go to places that are usally open are closed.

Dully noted. i will let my buddy deal with that. LoL. I figured I would be out for a few hours but should be back for other festivities.

As for a meet and greet, I was thinking a Friday dinner at an agreed upon came site weather dependent. We are grown children we should be ok 😂 Saturday night can also be a get together evening as well.

Speaking of which my wife did bring snacks for the MG individually wrapped. Here she is supervising my fire making. I have started the transfer of power with making and building fire. DD is learning wood placement and poking duties. She will have the ultimate goal of starting the fire.

Attachments

• 20200811_205259.jpg
    20200811_205259.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 10

@snowmedic ouch that must have hurt. Good luck getting that fixed.

The fix wasn’t to bad, I was able to use the MH jacks to lift it high enough to get the tire off, but had to get a garage to come out and get the spare off the back mount. I didn’t have the right size wrench. That ran me 35.00. About 45 minutes after it happened I was on my way. The rim is trash now, along with the hubcap. Thankfully I have a brand new spare and rim in the garage.

image.jpg

It was the front passenger tire. I could feel a vibration for about 10 miles, slowed to just below 65, made the vibration a little better, then boom, entire tread pealed off. Luckily I wasn’t passing anyone and no one was behind me. When the tire let go it was a hard pull to the right and dust and debris everywhere. I just passed a exit ramp so I was out of the travel lane to change the tire.

Wow! Im glad it wasnt worse. Next time put out a feeler here, i might have had a wrentch that fit. But 35$ is worth it.

Arrived about 5:15 today. Got up to site and as I backed in (unbeknownst to me until I was backed in) the sirenia88 family as well as snowmedic family were coming down road in golf cart and watched me back in (I was told nice back job...but not sure if it was a serious compliment or trying to make me feel good... lol). In any case, had a few quick words with them as I tried to commit all their names to memory (no promises). All set up in site 142. Kids had quick hot dog dinner and we are down at pool checking it out. Got 1 hour Lake George cruise tomorrow 12-1 and tubing at 1 PM Saturday scheduled. Older son turns 14 tomorrow, so lunch after the cruise is his choice and ice cream cake later. Other than that it’s okay it by ear. Look forward to running into folks with quick swings by sites when there and meeting up! Looks like great weather!!

Arrived about 5:15 today. Got up to site and as I backed in (unbeknownst to me until I was backed in) the sirenia88 family as well as snowmedic family were coming down road in golf cart and watched me back in (I was told nice back job...but not sure if it was a serious compliment or trying to make me feel good... lol). In any case, had a few quick words with them as I tried to commit all their names to memory (no promises). All set up in site 142. Kids had quick hot dog dinner and we are down at pool checking it out. Got 1 hour Lake George cruise tomorrow 12-1 and tubing at 1 PM Saturday scheduled. Older son turns 14 tomorrow, so lunch after the cruise is his choice and ice cream cake later. Other than that it’s okay it by ear. Look forward to running into folks with quick swings by sites when there and meeting up! Looks like great weather!!
You guys have been busy already, went by your site a little bit ago but no truck

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter