2020 Point Charts

I also wonder, if DVC can tell if a lot of points at all the resorts are being carried forward (ie, banked) into the next UY causing a large build-up of points, that isn't a problem now, but towards the end of the original 2042 resorts expiration dates might cause major headaches for all the owners because their won't be any place for them to use their points.

.........Or they might just like selling small 25 point add-on contracts for all the people who had just enough points for a studio for a week, and can now only stay 5 days. o_O

Maybe the 25 point direct purchase work around for direct benefits, a few years ago, before the 75 point minimum was instituted, got DVC management to start thinking......

I also wonder, if DVC can tell if a lot of points at all the resorts are being carried forward (ie, banked) into the next UY causing a large build-up of points, that isn't a problem now, but towards the end of the original 2042 resorts expiration dates might cause major headaches for all the owners because their won't be any place for them to use their points.

.........Or they might just like selling small 25 point add-on contracts for all the people who had just enough points for a studio for a week, and can now only stay 5 days. o_O

Maybe the 25 point direct purchase work around for direct benefits, a few years ago, before the 75 point minimum was instituted, got DVC management to start thinking......
Your first point is something I asked earlier too. I think they know the banking and borrowing patterns. I wondered if they intend to burn points so people can actually get 2020 reservations. I mean SSR is going into refurb (removing a lot of rooms) and SW:GE is opening. If they expect 200k+ in Disneyland opening day I can only imagine over the year what they expect WDW to get. I would guess over the course of the year since WDW is a resort destination many more will visit.

I'm more upset it was dumped without context and if certain rooms can/would be raised without check (resorts without dedicated studios and 1 beds).

I would imagine that DVC has a significant amount of data at their disposal that could be used to perform their analysis. If I were in their shoes, I would look at user‘s web searches of the availability tool vs. what the user ends up booking. Who knows what they are actually using, but technology definitely exists to perform that kind of data mining.

Yeah, you would have thought that they would have said something at the Member Meeting in December about the 2020 point chart, but they just released it after. Not a good look..... looks like they were try to hide something.

I'm more upset, that the seasonal demand wasn't addressed by the charts, the fall frenzy season at least should have been moved up from Choice to Dream at a minimum.

Check out the DVC web page. Updated 2020 point charts are back in line with 2019!

Ho...
Lee...
Cow

Can't believe it, but just checked the charts for myself. If this is a true “permanent” reversal on the reallocation, BIG props to all the folks on here who've done the research and pored over the docs! Looks like you made a difference!

Yeah, just checked VGF charts, and they say “Revised” 2020 now!!!

Can’t believe it!

Sucks for my family since we need 2 bedroom units, but glad management was called out. Good job guys! :worship:
Same here. I’m impressed with the persistence.

Good job to those who worked so hard on this!!! Thought the naming of the revised point charts is interesting, the point charts when you download are now named "FINAL" implying they were not official before now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter