2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

Those were some waves, weren’t they??
OMG! We started referring to it as the DCL Coaster! That was our 13th cruise and definitely the worst for waves.

I will be cruising with DD15 but I haven’t told her yet - kinda afraid cruising won’t be back to normal even by then. There was SO much disappointment this summer, I’m being more cautious for next year.

Last edited:
That is so cool! His session was definitely one of the best memories of that cruise! Did you get the signed bookplate? I did, and then bought the book when it finally came out, but now I can't find the bookplate to put in it! :joker:
Yes I also got the book plate. If it hadn’t been a MC, he probably would have thought I was stalking him! As I kept showing up wherever he was.

He was at D23 Expo when the book came out later that summer, and they had a display of all of his original drawings in the book before those were shipped off to Shanghai Disneyland- so Awesome to see in person. Of course, I also had to ask him to sign something fhere.

Eric and co-author Dave Bossert did a session on the book; don’t know if you recall, Dave was scheduled for the MC but had to cancel last minute.

15E0F727-9828-47B2-A9B4-EBF9957F4CD8.jpeg

Oh yeah those were some waves!!
We were in Cabanas at the very end of lunch with another couple nearby and things were sliding and crashing all over. And that night - I felt like I could have fallen out of bed from the rocking, that's how far tilted it felt like we were going - the closet doors crashing back and forth - we kept trying to jam them with pillows but the pillows would fall out! I've been on 12 cruises and haven't experienced anything like it!

I still haven’t gotten the call to pay. Today is morning swim day, we will have information I need with me.

I still haven’t gotten the call to pay. Today is morning swim day, we will have information I need with me.
Maybe if you don’t get the call today, Then call them yourself tomorrow. The web page says return calls for payment will be within 72 hours which is by end of day today. Hope you hear from them soon

I got the call just about 5pm in Saturday, so maybe you’ll get the call this morning. It looks like the cruise didn’t come close to selling out.

Well, we were eating with friends on the Wildwood Boardwalk. It wasn‘t a good time, the pizza was just delivered! So, in the end, I am calling, 20 minutes on hold so far!! Tom was right, he said I would get the call when we were out!

38 minutes on hold so far!!

Last edited:
For those who have sailed before and been to CC, what’s your favorite thing to do there?

I like to snorkel from the beach.

For those who have sailed before and been to CC, what’s your favorite thing to do there?

I like to snorkel from the beach.
I’ve only been there once; it was overcast & a bit too cold for the water so I’d have to say the 5K.

I just looked at my Disney Chase Visa statement, and I don’t think it put my cruise purchase into the 6-months no interest category. Anybody else?

I just looked at my Disney Chase Visa statement, and I don’t think it put my cruise purchase into the 6-months no interest category. Anybody else?
I haven’t received my statement after the charge yet, but it definitely should have (ours did last time).

Sorry, my statement closed the day before the charge posted, so I’ll have to check next month. Agree with @poohj80 it should be eligible for the six months promo no interest as it has in the past for me as well.

Has anybody received any "paperwork" regarding the cruise. When we received our follow up call they stated that we should get an email and snail mail confirmation in two weeks that would include the permanent confirmation number. Still have no information when logging into the DVC website nor the DCL website. Is everyone else in the same boat.

Has anybody received any "paperwork" regarding the cruise. When we received our follow up call they stated that we should get an email and snail mail confirmation in two weeks that would include the permanent confirmation number. Still have no information when logging into the DVC website nor the DCL website. Is everyone else in the same boat.
None here either, although they told me it would take a month or two.

It is different this time....and you are correct, not in the 6 months, no interest category!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter