2021 Disney Vacation Club Member Cruise to the Western Caribbean! June 12, 2021!

We have not gotten a confirmation email from Chase yet. It was a week ago that we called. We will be calling again.

I sent Chase a message as I was traveling today and this was the response I received:

We've determined the transactions in question did not qualify for the 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offer. A full explanation of qualifying transactions can be found in your Disney® Premier Visa terms and conditions.

To take advantage of the 0% APR Disney Vacation Package, please be sure to follow these helpful steps: - Charge the entire transaction to your Disney's Visa Card account, including the deposit and all payments (from $101 up to a maximum of $10,000). The 0% APR is good for six months following the date of the credit card transaction. - Be sure to call the appropriate Disney travel package phone number, and request a Walt Disney Travel Company or a Disney Cruise Line package. The numbers have been provided below. Disney packages offered by third-party vendors do not qualify.

FOR DISNEY VACATION 0% PACKAGES, CALL
Walt Disney World Resort® 1-407-828-8101
Disneyland Resort® 1-800-543-0857
Disney Cruise Line® 1-800-257-2024
Adventures By Disney® 1-866-242-8740

Do you think it could be because our reservations haven't been transferred to DCL yet?

I will call tomorrow.

Last edited:
Charge the entire transaction to your Disney's Visa Card account, including the deposit and all payments (from $101 up to a maximum of $10,000).
I don’t recall this $10,000 max before, is that new? My charge last year for the now-rescheduled 2020 Alaska MC was more than $10,000 and it got the 0% for six months. If that is truly a new limit, seems to be a disadvantage for some Disney vacations ie an Adventures by Disney trip. I can’t see where the transfer to DCL is a factor as the charges show up from DVC not DCL. Chase didn’t know in prior years when a DVC charge was for a MC vs annual dues.

Anyway, I’d proactively sent Chase an email last week about my 2021 MC transaction, which shows on my account when I log in but isn’t yet on a statement until this week, asking if it qualifies for the 0%. The response I received included the wording above, but the rep also said “ we've determined the transactions in question would qualify for the 0% Annual Percentage Rate (APR) offer”.

So I’m anxiously awaiting the end of the billing cycle this week to see if it bills that way or if it is like others here where it doesn’t get put into the 0% category. I can’t check it until the end of the week.

I pulled this from the Chase Disney Rewards website - It mentions DVC, which I was wondering if that was a change, and does not have any spend amount parameters.

Special Vacation Financing
Get special vacation financing on select Disney Resort packages, all Adventures by Disney® packages, all Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i vacation packages, and all Disney Cruise Line packages (collectively, Disney Vacation Packages). Disney Vacation Packages must be booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. and charged to your Disney Visa Credit Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Pricing & Terms for pricing details. You will receive complete terms and conditions for this offer once you become a cardmember

0% Promo APR for the first six months following the purchase date on select Disney vacation packages or purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort, provided your account is not past due on the purchase date.c After that, 15.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

When I go to the Chase credit card account and look for the full Terms & Conditions, I find this -

We don't offer your specific cardmember agreement online, but you can request a copy by going to "Things you can do" or the more options menu , choosing "Account services" then "Request cardmember agreement." We'll send you a copy of the agreement using the billing address we have on file for your account.

OUr total was less than $10K so that isn’t the reason why our charge wasn’t eligible and they never told me why is didn’t qualify just that it didn’t. I’m trying to get them to put in writing what the issue is.

DH sees that I am getting something in mail from Chase cardholders. Two envelopes, and we already have gotten the bill. Mail comes usually between 1-3. I hope it’s the letter I have waited for.

I pulled this from the Chase Disney Rewards website - It mentions DVC, which I was wondering if that was a change, and does not have any spend amount parameters.

Special Vacation Financing
Get special vacation financing on select Disney Resort packages, all Adventures by Disney® packages, all Aulani, A Disney Resort & Spa, Ko Olina, Hawai‘i vacation packages, and all Disney Cruise Line packages (collectively, Disney Vacation Packages). Disney Vacation Packages must be booked by you or your travel agent through the Walt Disney Travel Company, Disney Cruise Line or Adventures by Disney Travel Services, Inc. and charged to your Disney Visa Credit Card prior to commencement of your vacation. Other restrictions and exclusions apply. Please refer to the Pricing & Terms for pricing details. You will receive complete terms and conditions for this offer once you become a cardmember

0% Promo APR for the first six months following the purchase date on select Disney vacation packages or purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort, provided your account is not past due on the purchase date.c After that, 15.99%. This APR will vary with the market based on the Prime Rate.

When I go to the Chase credit card account and look for the full Terms & Conditions, I find this -

We don't offer your specific cardmember agreement online, but you can request a copy by going to "Things you can do" or the more options menu , choosing "Account services" then "Request cardmember agreement." We'll send you a copy of the agreement using the billing address we have on file for your account.
Unfortunately, the above doesn't specifically mentioned Disney Travel booked through DVC (even though it was included last time). :(

I got the reply. The purchase does not qualify for the 0% promotional rate.

WOW!

Did they provide a reason why it doesn't qualify?
No. Just visit DVC.COM to learn more about the 0% promotional APR for 6 months you receive on select DVC purchases.

It seems the MC is no longer one of the DVC purchases that qualify.

No. Just visit DVC.COM to learn more about the 0% promotional APR for 6 months you receive on select DVC purchases.

It seems the MC is no longer one of the DVC purchases that qualify.
Did they say where on the DVC website this info is found?

Other than Please Visit DisneyVacationClub.com, no.
Just got a DVC CM on chat and asked where to find the promo financing eligible info, She said that is not on the DVC website as all Transactions and promos are with the credit card company. She directed me back to Chase for the info and assistance.

A catch-22 for sure...but makes sense as Chase does not know what the charges are for, only where they come from.

Just got a DVC CM on chat and asked where to find the promo financing eligible info, She said that is not on the DVC website as all Transactions and promos are with the credit card company. She directed me back to Chase for the info and assistance.

A catch-22 for sure...but makes sense as Chase does not know what the charges are for, only where they come from.
That's what I was told as well. The Chase Rewards does state:

Get 0% APR financing for 6 months on the amount of the purchase of a real estate interest, including a Member Add On, in a Disney Vacation Club® Resort that is charged to your Disney® Visa® Card. Your standard purchase APR will apply after the promotional APR expires.

But says nothing about cruises booked through DVC. How would Chase know if we added on or booked a cruise?

Just spoke with Chase rep. She said it does qualify for the 0% apr financing for 6 months and that I'll get a letter in 7-10 business days. I'll post the letter info when it arrives. I'm cautiously optimistic.

I had been told it would. Today’s letter says no. I guess we will call again tomorrow.

But says nothing about cruises booked through DVC. How would Chase know if we added on or booked a cruise?
Exactly what I am thinking - Chase knows the company who made the charge, not what was purchased with that charge. So DVC as a vendor should qualify when it comes through as a travel expense, which this charge did.

I sent Chase a new message quoting the DVC wording since they just keep pointing me to the terms and conditions, so I'll let you know when they respond. They keep telling me NO but not WHY.

Just spoke with Chase rep. She said it does qualify for the 0% apr financing for 6 months and that I'll get a letter in 7-10 business days. I'll post the letter info when it arrives. I'm cautiously optimistic.
Have you received your statement yet with the charge?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter