2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

America Gardens Bandstand
The 2021 Epcot International Food & Wine Festival opens with America Gardens Bandstand, live music concerts Friday through Monday evenings featuring bands from the state of Florida.
  • July 16 to 19: Epic! Live
  • July 23 to 26: Champagne Orchestra
  • July 30 to August 2: Element
  • August 6 to 9: Sound Society
  • August 13 to 16: The Hooligans
  • August 20 to 23: The Vybe
  • August 27 to 30: The M-80s
  • September 3 to 6: Latin Ambition
  • September 10 to 13: Audio Exchange
  • September 17 to 20: The Hooligans
  • September 24 to 27: Epic! Live
Thank you for posting

Just got back and enjoyed F&W. I did miss the special meals, the festival center and the small seminars but it wasn't horrible. All of our meals came from booths except one meal at HBD lounge and one meal at Nomad Lounge.

We didn't have time to hit all the booths but got most of them and I have to say, we enjoyed most of what we had. I ate only a few bites of the pork rinds and pimento cheese before throwing it away but I think that was the only thing that got trashed. We loved the lobster but the lobster dip was really good and not too expensive. We did the cheese crawl and the ice cream/cheesecake at the the end was good but way too big. We did not get to Canada, Kenya, Noodles, Australia or Italy.

Just got back and enjoyed F&W. I did miss the special meals, the festival center and the small seminars but it wasn't horrible. All of our meals came from booths except one meal at HBD lounge and one meal at Nomad Lounge.

Brown Derby lounge is serving food again?!?! That's awesome! One of our favorite spots! Glad to hear you enjoyed F&W!

Brown Derby lounge is serving food again?!?! That's awesome! One of our favorite spots! Glad to hear you enjoyed F&W!
The menu is a little different. The Cobb Salad is the full size instead of the smaller one and I think the menu was smaller. Three of us shared a cheese board, two of us shared a Cobb Salad and my son had, I think, a tuna poke. While it is still walk up, we had to put our name on a list and it was about 60 min. before we got called back.

Just back to comment on the value of booth dining compared to regular table service. Two of us spent two days eating lunch at Food & Wine last week. We spent about $75 and $115 on those days (and we were stuffed). I think that more or less compares favorably to the TS lunch we had the next day at Brown Derby for about $110.

Thanks for posting. Unfortunately it appears my hopes for a "phase 2" of the festival with more "normal" F&W events is not in the plans. :sad1: Really hope they're not gone for good - thinking about more than just concerts but also the special lunches at restaurants, celebrity chef appearances, demos, wine tastings etc.
Agreed - we loved the special seminars, events, dinners etc. Pre COVID we always went for FW and did the celebrity events. This year we have booked new dining - sh71, s220 - and special events like celebration at the top. So it will be different but should be equally as fun.

hoping FW2022 returns to normal.

We did Food and Wine on Tuesday 9/21, starting about 4:30 pm. No lines, and the food was great! Our favorite was the Beef Poutine (ours was loaded with meat and sauce!) and the most surprising dish was probably the Spicy Pho. I thought it was going to be too hot to eat, but once we took the red peppers out and squeezed the lime juice in it, we all enjoyed it. The family is already asking to recreate both of those dishes at home!

Shown below: Vegetarian Chili, Spicy Beef Pho, Banana Bread with Berries, Lamb, Beef Poutine, Filet Mignon.

Shown below: Apple Pie drink, Hard Cider (Bourbon Barrel one), Griddled Cheese, Germany Ham and Noodle Dish, Germany Cherry Beer, Strawberry Cheesecake Cheese Crawl Completer Prize.

Not pictured: Pimento Cheese and Pork Rinds (probably our least favorite dish), Hawaiian Cheesecake, Corned Beef Dish.

We did Food and Wine on Tuesday 9/21, starting about 4:30 pm. No lines, and the food was great! Our favorite was the Beef Poutine (ours was loaded with meat and sauce!) and the most surprising dish was probably the Spicy Pho. I thought it was going to be too hot to eat, but once we took the red peppers out and squeezed the lime juice in it, we all enjoyed it. The family is already asking to recreate both of those dishes at home!

Shown below: Vegetarian Chili, Spicy Beef Pho, Banana Bread with Berries, Lamb, Beef Poutine, Filet Mignon.

View attachment 607118View attachment 607119View attachment 607120
View attachment 607121View attachment 607122View attachment 607123
Which stand has the veggie chili?

BD does have cobb salad at the lounge, but it's the full restaurant version, not the appetizer version they used to serve. Might be better for some

BD does have cobb salad at the lounge, but it's the full restaurant version, not the appetizer version they used to serve. Might be better for some

What time does the BD Outdoor Lounge open? Thinking about hitting it up for lunch one day while we are there, but we tend to leave DHS fairly early.

Shown below: Apple Pie drink, Hard Cider (Bourbon Barrel one), Griddled Cheese, Germany Ham and Noodle Dish, Germany Cherry Beer, Strawberry Cheesecake Cheese Crawl Completer Prize.

Not pictured: Pimento Cheese and Pork Rinds (probably our least favorite dish), Hawaiian Cheesecake, Corned Beef Dish.

View attachment 607125View attachment 607126View attachment 607127View attachment 607128View attachment 607129View attachment 607130
I agree about the pork rinds, we are from Georgia so they are kind of a state food and those just weren't good. Also, my completer Fromage Montage was filled all the way to the top with the cheesecake just barely holding on. Three of us couldn't finish it.

When Epcot is open from 10-12 for deluxe resort guests, will any of the food booths be open during that time?

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if you have to get each of the 5 distinct items for the Fromage Montage or can you double up on one? No one in my traveling party likes pork rinds/pimento cheese so we don't want to order it just to throw it away.

I apologize if this question has been asked before, but does anyone know if you have to get each of the 5 distinct items for the Fromage Montage or can you double up on one? No one in my traveling party likes pork rinds/pimento cheese so we don't want to order it just to throw it away.
I don't recall seeing anyone officially post that they had done it, but the prevailing thought was that you could double up on any of them. We went last week, and I will say they didn't seem too strict about it. For example, one of the booths had run out of the stamp ink, so they just signed it. Also, one spot was lightly stamped with yellow (on the yellow passport) and you could barely see it. I thought maybe either of these issues would prevent us from getting the prize, but it wasn't a problem.

The passport itself says 5 items, it does not specifically state 5 unique items. If you do end up trying, please report back!

You can double up! There have been a few vloggers that asked/have done it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter