2021 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival - Concluded on November 20, 2021

We just canceled our Oct 30-Nov 6 reservation at Boardwalk, and are now just going for the Swan & Dolphin Food and Wine Classic. Very disappointed that there are no lunches or demos this year. Hopefully they'll be back next year.
How is the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic? Can you attend if you are not staying at either resort? Is it worth the cost? Thanks

How is the Swan & Dolphin Food & Wine Classic? Can you attend if you are not staying at either resort? Is it worth the cost? Thanks

Yes, you can purchase tickets if not staying there.

It's typically held outside on the causeway between the Swan and Dolphin. When moved inside to the convention space for weather, the atmosphere takes a significant dip - but can't predict that.

Food is excellent. FAR more wine booths than food booths. Pours are very small but you can keep going back.

It's nice compared to the Disney festival to not have to pull a payment method out at every booth.

Personally, would describe as a decidedly adult event. Have seen some kids as the event starts but it definitely moves into more of a bar atmosphere as the night progresses.

There have historically been some "classes" that accompanied this event (for a separate charge) but don't think they've announced any yet.

For anyone who's there now--do they seem to have a decent stock of the Food & Wine 2021 themed appetizer plates with the wine insert? They're already sold out online and I was hoping to get one when we get there for our eating adventures.

I saw tons of them on the racks for sale on Wednesday, July 28th.

Yes, you can purchase tickets if not staying there.

It's typically held outside on the causeway between the Swan and Dolphin. When moved inside to the convention space for weather, the atmosphere takes a significant dip - but can't predict that.

Food is excellent. FAR more wine booths than food booths. Pours are very small but you can keep going back.

It's nice compared to the Disney festival to not have to pull a payment method out at every booth.

Personally, would describe as a decidedly adult event. Have seen some kids as the event starts but it definitely moves into more of a bar atmosphere as the night progresses.

There have historically been some "classes" that accompanied this event (for a separate charge) but don't think they've announced any yet.

With no Party for the Senses this year, my wife and I are attending this event for the first time this year. We've been considering it for years, but just never bit the bullet. How would you say it compares to Party for the Senses?

With no Party for the Senses this year, my wife and I are attending this event for the first time this year. We've been considering it for years, but just never bit the bullet. How would you say it compares to Party for the Senses?

Fun! I think you'll enjoy it. I know I've enjoyed both.

The obvious difference is that the Classic is ideally held outdoors and hopefully weather cooperates. It allows them to spread the event out a bit more and after dark the lights on the palm trees along the causeway and elsewhere create a really fun atmosphere.

At the Classic there are some tables with seats (typically seating ~6-8), but far fewer than PFTS. The majority - in my recollection (& it has been a few years) - were standing/bar height tables. The year I went, I also found that larger groups would "commandeer" a table and occupy it the whole night (as I recall PFTS had similar challenges before it offered guaranteed tables as an option). It was tough to find a seat for two (& we were looking to sit down with food and then move along) but we never had trouble finding a standing table (we did share sometimes).

At Classic there are FAR more wine stations than food. As such, the food lines can get long but move pretty quickly. The Shula's booth in particular (typically offering a filet) is almost always long. Todd English is typically at the bluezoo station and people wanting photos with him can also slow that line down a bit.

And the food and beverage stations are separate. In other words, at the Shula's booth you can pick up the steak but would have to go to another station to find a wine and, in my recollection, there weren't any recommended pairings for the food items.

The amount of wine was almost overwhelming. I certainly enjoy my wine but am not particularly well-versed. We just ended up kinda wandering and trying what sounded interesting and didn't have a big line. The wine stations are generally staffed by either reps of the winery or distributor. I found their interest in talking about the wine to vary pretty considerably (and in some areas it is pretty loud). Some seemed a little "snooty" to me. Pours are quite small. I'm not great at judging volume but I'd say the pours are smaller than what you get at a typical EPCOT F&W stand. I could never figure out what the proper "etiquette" was - were you supposed to stand there and taste and then if you liked it they'd fill you up? No one else seemed to be doing that -- I don't know. There are "dump buckets" at every station. You also carry the same glass from station to station (vs. them having anything pre-poured that you just pick-up). There are some spots with pitchers of water you can use to rinse your glass but as the night went on those were harder to find full.

Definitely an adult, cocktail party/bar atmosphere (though we did see some kids), but I'd say PFTS is as well. That's all I can think of. Will come back and add more if I think of anything else. I am definitely considering it for this year but haven't purchased tickets yet. I had been hoping there might be a "phase 2" of F&W with the return of PFTS and some special events after 10/1 but we don't seem to be headed in that direction, unfortunately. Maybe I will see you at the Classic. Fingers crossed for good weather and that you enjoy!!

Fun! I think you'll enjoy it. I know I've enjoyed both.

The obvious difference is that the Classic is ideally held outdoors and hopefully weather cooperates. It allows them to spread the event out a bit more and after dark the lights on the palm trees along the causeway and elsewhere create a really fun atmosphere.

At the Classic there are some tables with seats (typically seating ~6-8), but far fewer than PFTS. The majority - in my recollection (& it has been a few years) - were standing/bar height tables. The year I went, I also found that larger groups would "commandeer" a table and occupy it the whole night (as I recall PFTS had similar challenges before it offered guaranteed tables as an option). It was tough to find a seat for two (& we were looking to sit down with food and then move along) but we never had trouble finding a standing table (we did share sometimes).

At Classic there are FAR more wine stations than food. As such, the food lines can get long but move pretty quickly. The Shula's booth in particular (typically offering a filet) is almost always long. Todd English is typically at the bluezoo station and people wanting photos with him can also slow that line down a bit.

And the food and beverage stations are separate. In other words, at the Shula's booth you can pick up the steak but would have to go to another station to find a wine and, in my recollection, there weren't any recommended pairings for the food items.

The amount of wine was almost overwhelming. I certainly enjoy my wine but am not particularly well-versed. We just ended up kinda wandering and trying what sounded interesting and didn't have a big line. The wine stations are generally staffed by either reps of the winery or distributor. I found their interest in talking about the wine to vary pretty considerably (and in some areas it is pretty loud). Some seemed a little "snooty" to me. Pours are quite small. I'm not great at judging volume but I'd say the pours are smaller than what you get at a typical EPCOT F&W stand. I could never figure out what the proper "etiquette" was - were you supposed to stand there and taste and then if you liked it they'd fill you up? No one else seemed to be doing that -- I don't know. There are "dump buckets" at every station. You also carry the same glass from station to station (vs. them having anything pre-poured that you just pick-up). There are some spots with pitchers of water you can use to rinse your glass but as the night went on those were harder to find full.

Definitely an adult, cocktail party/bar atmosphere (though we did see some kids), but I'd say PFTS is as well. That's all I can think of. Will come back and add more if I think of anything else. I am definitely considering it for this year but haven't purchased tickets yet. I had been hoping there might be a "phase 2" of F&W with the return of PFTS and some special events after 10/1 but we don't seem to be headed in that direction, unfortunately. Maybe I will see you at the Classic. Fingers crossed for good weather and that you enjoy!!

Thanks for the detailed response! I'm looking forward to it, but I'm worried it'll be really hot. We're also staying at the new Swan Reserve for the first time, so I'm looking forward to that as well.

This was probably asked but 24 pages is a lot to go through, we are heading to Disney soon, didn't really plan to go for Food and Wine, but we will be there for it. Do you still make dining reservations or do most people just graze throughout the day for this? We have reservations set up but thinking maybe we won't need them. Plan to hop to Epcot in the evening a couple of the days.

This was probably asked but 24 pages is a lot to go through, we are heading to Disney soon, didn't really plan to go for Food and Wine, but we will be there for it. Do you still make dining reservations or do most people just graze throughout the day for this? We have reservations set up but thinking maybe we won't need them. Plan to hop to Epcot in the evening a couple of the days.
We use Food and Wine as our primary, if not only, source of food when at Epcot. Although you could have dining reservations, particularly if lines are long or the food doesn't appeal to you, I would say most people don't need them.

As the above poster said, there's definitely enough food options to graze around a couple of evenings with no danger of going hungry. I'd probably keep the reservations for now just in case it's a rainy day (there will likely be passing afternoon storms - I'm talking about just a washout of a day) - most of the food booths are outside and in that instance you may want to opt for table service. As long as you cancel up to midnight the day before the reservation there is no penalty.

I have not seen any info for booking special events (lunches, demonstrations, etc.). Are they having these or not? We always enjoy them.

Dress for hot weather.
My recommendations based on my trip that ended (sadly) yesterday.
1. Bring 2 or more pairs of shoes as it rains every day.
2. Umbrella both for the sun and rain. People take cover when it rains and they are unprepared. Don't be them. Shorter lines in Epcot booths especially.
3. Cooling towels if you have kids. I never used them but they eliminated queue line complaints from the wee ones.
4. freeze a few water bottles the night before a park and put in your backpack. By 11a the sun would have melted them into the coldest water you have ever had.

Last edited:
Anyone know if these newly opened kiosks are just going to be open weekends thru 10/1 or weekdays as well? Going this Monday and Wednesday...

Like others have said, the eat the majority of our meals at the booths. We hop over to Epcot every day, sometimes twice a day. We try to eat or drink at least one thing at every booth (haven't hit that goal yet and all the years of going). We eat breakfast at the resort or the parks, grab a snack of some sort at the park we have reservations for since you can't hop until 2 then hop over to Epcot. I think in the past, we have had maybe 2 TS ADRs during a festival and rest of the food was at booths. We don't make our ADRs in advance though, we like to be flexible so if it's pouring down rain and they shut down the booths (I've seen it happen more than once) we just hop on MDE and find somewhere we can get an ADR or grab a snack or something at a QS.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter