2024 Destash Dare to be Bare!

Donation pickup was on Thursday again. I get texts/email every 6 weeks or so if I have anything.

A few weeks ago, my DH passed. It was really unexpected and still find it hard to talk about. I am browsing here and there. Posting, here and there. Married almost 42 years. Together almost 24/7 last 17 years. Can't even begin to express my feelings, the loss, how much I miss him. This should be a whole other post.

Thankful for my (can't wrap my head around not saying "our") small house, I can keep up with it. Still love my area and my neighbors.

Having said that, I had already started a donation pile for this last pick up - mostly got rid of what I had left still in packages - wedding/party favors. A few/not all - High heel shoes I don't think I will wear again after I broke my foot and ankle last year. Some shirts and just a few things from my DH. No where near ready to clean up/get rid of his things. I can still smell him on flannel shirts/sweatshirts/jackets he wore over his shirts. I need this desperately.

It is forcing me to slowly, eventually start to donate many things moving forward. I might consider a condo in the future/if one comes up where one of my daughter-in-law's parents bought a few years ago. I would be close to them (great people) and a few minutes closer to both my sons. Closer to the bridge where the ride to my daughter would also be 20/25 mins shorter. This has to make me clean-up and get rid of things that I don't need/not necessary.

I don't have much desire for anything - but the walls will swallow me soon if I don't try to do a thing or two that I used to do.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your DH. :hug:

Donation pickup was on Thursday again. I get texts/email every 6 weeks or so if I have anything.

A few weeks ago, my DH passed. It was really unexpected and still find it hard to talk about. I am browsing here and there. Posting, here and there. Married almost 42 years. Together almost 24/7 last 17 years. Can't even begin to express my feelings, the loss, how much I miss him. This should be a whole other post.

Thankful for my (can't wrap my head around not saying "our") small house, I can keep up with it. Still love my area and my neighbors.

Having said that, I had already started a donation pile for this last pick up - mostly got rid of what I had left still in packages - wedding/party favors. A few/not all - High heel shoes I don't think I will wear again after I broke my foot and ankle last year. Some shirts and just a few things from my DH. No where near ready to clean up/get rid of his things. I can still smell him on flannel shirts/sweatshirts/jackets he wore over his shirts. I need this desperately.

It is forcing me to slowly, eventually start to donate many things moving forward. I might consider a condo in the future/if one comes up where one of my daughter-in-law's parents bought a few years ago. I would be close to them (great people) and a few minutes closer to both my sons. Closer to the bridge where the ride to my daughter would also be 20/25 mins shorter. This has to make me clean-up and get rid of things that I don't need/not necessary.

I don't have much desire for anything - but the walls will swallow me soon if I don't try to do a thing or two that I used to do.
So very sorry for your loss. Try to get out of your house for a while each day. Take a class start a weekly coffee club. I work at a Panera and almost every day there are different groups of people coming in.

I'm so sorry about the loss of your DH. :hug:

So very sorry for your loss. Try to get out of your house for a while each day. Take a class start a weekly coffee club. I work at a Panera and almost every day there are different groups of people coming in.
Thank you so much.

Every thing I do is forced/things that I have to get done. I am attending mass as much as I can during the week while still trying to make calls, filling out papers, notarize papers, Post Office, etc. I want to try to get back to the gym soon. We both went to a class twice a week which we loved. I know it will be hard. I am trying to attend the grandchildren's baseball games, etc. I just cannot imagine my life going on like this without him :(. I know - I will try soon. Thank you.

I am so sorry for your loss. I can see how much you loved him. Your strength and resilience is amazing. Take the time you need, get the support you deserve, and I hope the memories of your love will be stronger than the grief. :grouphug:

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter