2024 Reservations/Packages Open on May 31, 2023

bama_ed

It's kind of fun to do the impossible-Walt Disney
You beat me to it. Stinking Operations meeting I'm sitting in on...

The most exciting is what you highlighted "just in time for the launch of 2024 bookings... on May 31"! Stay tuned everyone coming to the 2024 DIS meet in November.

j

Word is TA's no longer get commission for booking campsites too.
Well, that's not very nice. I never used a TA for the Fort, but I know a lot of people do for the convenience.

j

Last edited:

That is significant particularly during the much-in-demand holiday times like Halloween and Christmas IMO. And group contracts.

Bama Ed

EDIT:

You beat me to it. Stinking Operations meeting I'm sitting in on...

81VRaUAUZzL.__AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Last edited:
I read this and immediately wondered if Chapek was back.
Exactly what I was afraid of, here I am with a 10 day gap in my 2024 plans and now they pull this.
I miss the good ole day when Disney at least pretended that they liked me. Assuming we get in (wouldnt go to Vegas with the odds) we will likely use our last 2 park days up and bid Adieu to the Mouse. It was a good run but I am tired of companies using up all their goodwill with me.

Well shoot, this timing stinks for me. I'll be in the middle of Yellowstone with no/little cell on the 31st, so hopefully I can grab something a few days later.

Well shoot, this timing stinks for me. I'll be in the middle of Yellowstone with no/little cell on the 31st, so hopefully I can grab something a few days later.
November isn't a traditionally busy time, except for the RunDisney weekend. I think booking a few days (or weeks) after May 31st should still have availability.

j

I slept overnight :cloud9: on this news and woke up thinking .....

When park reservations are no longer required, doesn't that mean I really don't HAVE to buy my theme park tickets so far in advance (if at all)? I felt like I had to buy tickets week/months in advance in order to have a ticket that would be used to verify to make a reservation for THAT specific park on THAT specific day for EACH person in my party.

In my recent Thanksgiving trip last year, I shelled out months in advance for 6 adult tickets for 3 park days each. I worried if somebody had cancelled out, I was stuck with a paid-for ticket. Yeah, I know the value carries forward but still.

We don't do G+ or LL. And if I make an ADR for dining in a park, I don't need a ticket for that.

Does this mean I can check into Fort and THEN buy my 1- or 2-day tickets after consulting the weather forecast, park hours, special events, etc. if I want to? Kinda like the good ol' days? Sounds too good to be true.

I need ya'll to correct my thinking or tell me I'm on the right track.

Bama Ed

November isn't a traditionally busy time, except for the RunDisney weekend. I think booking a few days (or weeks) after May 31st should still have availability.

j

I wonder if the 500 day rule will still be in effect on May 31? That only takes us out as far as arrivals on Oct 12, 2024. Or will they open up booking for all 12 months of 2024 on May 31? I wonder.

We'll find out.

Bama Ed

j
I am booking the last week of Jan, but also another hopefully lower popularity week.

I wonder if the 500 day rule will still be in effect on May 31? That only takes us out as far as arrivals on Oct 12, 2024. Or will they open up booking for all 12 months of 2024 on May 31? I wonder.

We'll find out.
That's a good point. I don't remember what happened last year for 2023 bookings. My plans for this year were DLP and not WDW, so I didn't pay as much attention. The announcement is somewhat vague. "Exciting news just in time for the launch of 2024 bookings for theme park tickets, Disney Resort hotel stays and packages at Walt Disney World on May 31. "
It doesn't define "2024 bookings" except to say "starting with stays beginning Jan. 9, 2024".

When park reservations are no longer required, doesn't that mean I really don't HAVE to buy my theme park tickets so far in advance (if at all)? I felt like I had to buy tickets week/months in advance in order to have a ticket that would be used to verify to make a reservation for THAT specific park on THAT specific day for EACH person in my party.

Does this mean I can check into Fort and THEN buy my 1- or 2-day tickets after consulting the weather forecast, park hours, special events, etc. if I want to? Kinda like the good ol' days? Sounds too good to be true.
The only risk is if they close ticket sales due to volume. (highly unlikely in early November). The postings yesterday said if you had a "date based" ticket, you didn't need a daily park reservation.

This is from the announcement.

"Removing theme park reservation requirements for date-based tickets: Starting with park visits on Jan. 9, 2024, theme park reservations will no longer be required for date-based tickets. When getting your ticket, you will simply select a start date for Jan. 9, 2024 or later, complete your purchase and then you will be all set! For reference, date-based tickets are the standard ticket option we offer to guests."

j

Last edited:
We will be in Yellowstone May 20 to 25 and then to Tetons till May 27. We are flying and renting a car. No RV for us to this location until we retire and i can do the trip over months :)

The only risk is if they close ticket sales due to volume. (highly unlikely in early November). The postings yesterday said if you had a "date based" ticket, you didn't need a daily park reservation.

Yeah and the high volume/crowd days are when I don't travel (Christmas week, around Easter, and the like) so not an issue for me. That's a YUGE mental sigh of relief for me.

We will be in Yellowstone May 20 to 25 and then to Tetons till May 27. We are flying and renting a car. No RV for us to this location until we retire and i can do the trip over months :)

We are flying/renting too for the same reasons (coming from FL). But I'm just going to assume the cell service will be not enough within Yellowstone to make Disney reservations until we get to Jackson later the evening of the 31st. Have a great trip, we fly out to SLC on May 25th! Hoping the snow will melt by then.

We are flying/renting too for the same reasons (coming from FL). But I'm just going to assume the cell service will be not enough within Yellowstone to make Disney reservations until we get to Jackson later the evening of the 31st. Have a great trip, we fly out to SLC on May 25th! Hoping the snow will melt by then.
I agree with you on the cell signal. I am not expecting to get any good signal until we head to Jackson wed to Sat. We are also flying in and out of SLC.

Enjoy your trip. I will post a trip report on the community board.

FWIW, a poster on the Resorts board did a Chat with Disney Reservation and was told that on May 31, ALL 12 months of 2024 will be available for booking. At least that's what they were told.

I'd like to get confirmation from a bus driver before I am certain but ....

giphy.gif

Ed

I agree with you on the cell signal. I am not expecting to get any good signal until we head to Jackson wed to Sat. We are also flying in and out of SLC.

Enjoy your trip. I will post a trip report on the community board.
We were in Yellowstone in 2010 and had better cell service than at home. (gotta love AT&T)

Could this be to discourage them from booking sites for people staying offsite so those people get onsite benefits?

I can't imagine a reputable TA doing that, but who knows?

We're YNP 'veterans' and made our 8th trip there last summer. &ou can get good reception at Fishing Bridge, Mammoth Hot Springs, and at Old Faithful. In fact, I think all of the 'villages' now have good cell service except Roosevelt Lodge area. So unless you're back-country you should be OK.

Good signal at Colter Bay Village in GTNP too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter