2024 Reservations/Packages Open on May 31, 2023

No matter what Disney's motivation was its still a defacto price increase. In the end Disney's dithering on the 24 ressies left a hole in my plans that couldnt be filled until the end of May after all my other plans were nailed down in Feb and March. On top of the rapidly increasing site prices I now had to pay a separate fee to the TA rather than spend an entire day on hold with central reservations. This is my reality of diminishing value for a Disney stay. I think Disney is at serious risk of over spending their long built up goodwill with people.

Because Disney isn't paying commission your TA charged you a fee to book FtW? I'd say that's on the TA, not Disney. If your TA doesn't want to keep your good will that's up to them.

Have you ever tried booking online? I never use a TA and just book online (not just for Disney, either). I'd say that unless one has a super complicated reservation it's easy peasy.

I think the longest I've ever spent on hold with WDTC is about an hour, and that was on reservations 'opening day'. I just plug in my AirPods and carry on until they pick up the phone.

No matter what Disney's motivation was its still a defacto price increase. I think Disney is at serious risk of over spending their long built up goodwill with people.
I know what you mean about a defacto price increase. Not a direct increase to the customer, but increased revenue for TDC by not paying out a commission.

As far as Disney at risk over out pricing their customer, there are a lot of signs that is happening. There are significant room discounts right now that cover the normally busy Summer time frame. They have also rolled out the 4 day, 4 park @$100/day deal they have used in the past when things were soft.

There are a lot of factors that can be driving it, but I think value per $ for a Disney vacation is a part.

j

Because Disney isn't paying commission your TA charged you a fee to book FtW? I'd say that's on the TA, not Disney. If your TA doesn't want to keep your good will that's up to them.

Have you ever tried booking online? I never use a TA and just book online (not just for Disney, either). I'd say that unless one has a super complicated reservation it's easy peasy.

I think the longest I've ever spent on hold with WDTC is about an hour, and that was on reservations 'opening day'. I just plug in my AirPods and carry on until they pick up the phone.
Unfortunately I dont share your luck with making online reservations. I would never ask the TA to work for free, they arent running a charity. Disney has always put money before loyalty and this event was no exception.

Well, I just was able to book one night on Halloween this year as a separate reservation before my 11/01-11/05 🎃 . Both Full hookup category. Probably insane to come in that day and hopefully they won’t make us switch sites but I couldn’t resist grabbing it when it popped up. Especially after being displaced a few years ago

Well, I just was able to book one night on Halloween this year as a separate reservation before my 11/01-11/05 🎃 . Both Full hookup category. Probably insane to come in that day and hopefully they won’t make us switch sites but I couldn’t resist grabbing it when it popped up. Especially after being displaced a few years ago

They won't make you change sites if you do the following:

When you check in for the first reservation (the 1-night), tell the Cast Member you have a "continuing stay" and since the second reservation is of the same type as the first (Full), the CM will roll the pre-assigned site number on the 2nd reservation to the same site number that you have on the first reservation.

Have a great time. Glad you got Halloween Night. Get ready for trick or treating.👻

Bama Ed

Thanks Ed! Do you suggest I don't do the online check-in on either reservation and just work with a cast member at the pull through check in when we get our text of the site number? I don't think we will want to chance showing up too early on Halloween and having nowhere in overflow to park and sit. Although I suppose we could head to a parking lot at one of the theme parks if we had to.

We have downsized our travel trailer to a Class C (Sprinter chassis) only 24.5", so not as nervous about getting a site we can't squeeze into or navigating Halloween decorations this year.

And yes, I need to start shopping the candy deals!

Last edited:
Thanks Ed! Do you suggest I don't do the online check-in on either reservation and just work with a cast member at the pull through check in when we get our text of the site number? I don't think we will want to chance showing up too early on Halloween and having nowhere in overflow to park and sit. Although I suppose we could head to a parking lot at one of the theme parks if we had to.

I always do the check-in in person because I arrive early in the morning.

However, I suppose you can do on-line early check-in and get your site number in a text. But then you need to call or visit the front desk and mention the "continuing stay" so they can do the swap. It needs to be updated before the other person pre-assigned to your site arrives the next day. So anytime the same day you arrive should work.

Ed

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter