25th Anniversary Ideas - Galveston 5 night Dec 2024 cruise

KinsellaReed

Earning My Ears
We are looking to do a 5 night cruise early December 2024 to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have only cruised 2x in the past and both times with Disney, the first in the first week of January 2000 on our Honeymoon, a few weeks after our wedding (trying to save a few $ even back then :) ). I've been researching like crazy, got a lot of info so far. But when I search 25th anniversary with Disney Cruise, of course I get info on the actual cruise line. Does anyone know if they do anything special for 25th anniversaries? or is this this something I should plan to surprise my husband?

Also, if anyone has taken the Galveston trips in the last 2-3 years, please feel free to share your top trip suggestions! Much appreciated!

I've only ever cruised the Magic out of Galveston, twice now, and I've really loved both my trips. This recent one, the waves were so rough for the first two days, even the cast members were shocked. My first cruise I barely felt any movement. The shows are totally amazing, the food is amazing (with the correct expectations). For Cozumel, unless you have a reservation or want to buy stuff from the grocery, I would stay on the ship

Passengers celebrate all types of special occasions on cruises. When DH and I celebrated our birthdays onboard, our DCL waiter brought out a small one-layer chocolate cake with a white-chocolate ribbon with a chocolate (brown) picture of the ship on it. It wasn't anything spectacular but they made the effort. Not sure if this has changed or if they do the same thing with every DCL ship. You'll need to tell the waiter what you're celebrating and which night.

I've only ever cruised the Magic out of Galveston, twice now, and I've really loved both my trips. This recent one, the waves were so rough for the first two days, even the cast members were shocked. My first cruise I barely felt any movement. The shows are totally amazing, the food is amazing (with the correct expectations). For Cozumel, unless you have a reservation or want to buy stuff from the grocery, I would stay on the ship
Reservation like the beach adventures and stuff? My will be 20-year old son will want to do beach stuff as much as possible if his college schedule allows and my then 22 year-old daughter is more or of a homebody/less adventure-ish, but likes history, so maybe the Mayan exhibits? It's a 5 day - anything worth seeing in Cozumel? Thanks!

Reservation like the beach adventures and stuff? My will be 20-year old son will want to do beach stuff as much as possible if his college schedule allows and my then 22 year-old daughter is more or of a homebody/less adventure-ish, but likes history, so maybe the Mayan exhibits? It's a 5 day - anything worth seeing in Cozumel? Thanks!
Yes, sadly all the beaches close to the port will be private, so you have to pay an entrance fee. What other ports will the cruise stop at?

We are looking to do a 5 night cruise early December 2024 to celebrate our 25th anniversary. We have only cruised 2x in the past and both times with Disney, the first in the first week of January 2000 on our Honeymoon, a few weeks after our wedding (trying to save a few $ even back then :) ). I've been researching like crazy, got a lot of info so far. But when I search 25th anniversary with Disney Cruise, of course I get info on the actual cruise line. Does anyone know if they do anything special for 25th anniversaries? or is this this something I should plan to surprise my husband?

Also, if anyone has taken the Galveston trips in the last 2-3 years, please feel free to share your top trip suggestions! Much appreciated!
We've sailed out of Galveston twice (we live in Austin so it's a pretty easy drive). The gulf can be a little rough. I'm not sure they do anything different for any particular number of anniversaries. We cruise often in January because it's our anniversary month and we celebrated 24 on board last month. We'll celebrate 25 on the Fantasy next January but my TA just noted "anniversary" on our reservation. I don't believe there's anything in particular just because it's 25.

Feel free to read my trip reports for our Galveston cruise. Both are in my signature!

We've sailed out of Galveston twice (we live in Austin so it's a pretty easy drive). The gulf can be a little rough. I'm not sure they do anything different for any particular number of anniversaries. We cruise often in January because it's our anniversary month and we celebrated 24 on board last month. We'll celebrate 25 on the Fantasy next January but my TA just noted "anniversary" on our reservation. I don't believe there's anything in particular just because it's 25.

Feel free to read my trip reports for our Galveston cruise. Both are in my signature!
Oh perfect! Thank you! We are just northwest of Austin :).

I sent my sister on a snorkeling excursion in Cozumel. Part snorkel In open water, part was at “El Cielo,” a calm clear water, white sandy bottom area with lots of starfish. The starfish area can be bundled with catamarans, beach clubs with food, various combinations.

I found two Mayan excavation sites for Cozumel. Neither seems as impressive as the famous ones on the Yucatan or other countries.

IMG_6977.jpeg
IMG_6978.jpeg
IMG_6979.jpeg
If going to Progreso, you may want to check out Mayan Ruins there. I was going to suggest Mayapán, but that is currently closed due to a workers’ strike. I would still do research on sites in this area.

The drive to Chichen Itza would be long. We did it from Cancun. I enjoyed being able to climb the pyramid (no longer an option), but my sister does not have fond memories of that trip.

Check out options for cenote swimming, possibly combined with a ruins visit. That would help balance the activity needs of the family.

I sent my sister on a snorkeling excursion in Cozumel. Part snorkel In open water, part was at “El Cielo,” a calm clear water, white sandy bottom area with lots of starfish. The starfish area can be bundled with catamarans, beach clubs with food, various combinations.

I found two Mayan excavation sites for Cozumel. Neither seems as impressive as the famous ones on the Yucatan or other countries.

View attachment 834047
View attachment 834048
View attachment 834049
If going to Progreso, you may want to check out Mayan Ruins there. I was going to suggest Mayapán, but that is currently closed due to a workers’ strike. I would still do research on sites in this area.

The drive to Chichen Itza would be long. We did it from Cancun. I enjoyed being able to climb the pyramid (no longer an option), but my sister does not have fond memories of that trip.

Check out options for cenote swimming, possibly combined with a ruins visit. That would help balance the activity needs of the family.
thank you!

We got a little cake at one meal and our room host made 2 love swan towel animals on our bed.
This was 2016 when we celebrated our 35th anniversary.
They really didn't do anything else for us.
Not sure if they will do more now or not.

Attachments

• IMG_0237.jpeg
    IMG_0237.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0164.jpeg
    IMG_0164.jpeg
    57 KB · Views: 2
For occasions like that, I liked to pre-purchase something special to be put in the room for my wife ahead of time. You could surprise your spouse with something like that. They are overpriced for what you get, but you only get one 25th anniversary. You can look by clicking here.

Other than that, if it is noted on your reservations, the server will usually bring you a plate that has an extra desert and maybe something written on the plate in chocolate, like "congratulations." I think that is usually about it, but it's a nice little touch.

We were on the Magic in January with port stops in Cozumel and Progreso, and we wanted to visit Mayan ruins. We booked a PA from Progreso to Uxmal because it was closer to Progreso (shorter bus ride). We ended up having to cancel, though, so I’m sorry I can’t review it! This is it - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/progreso-mexico-uxmal-mayan-ruins/

We also considered this one - https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/port-adventures/progreso-mexico-dzibilchaltun-mayan-ruins/

We got a little cake at one meal and our room host made 2 love swan towel animals on our bed.
This was 2016 when we celebrated our 35th anniversary.
They really didn't do anything else for us.
Not sure if they will do more now or not.
wow - love the swans :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter