2nd Day Free?

Nellas Elensar

DIS Veteran
Hi, y'all...

Does anyone know if Sea World is offering or will be offering their 2nd day free admission this year?

Nellas Elensar

I haven't been to Sea World this year, but the second day free promotion has been running continously for a very long time. It has no signs of stopping. Thus, it is a good chance that the offer will be available when you visit.

I noticed on the Sea World website, there are 2 different tickets and one says 2 day admission and one is just a single day admission with 7 day advance purchase

Bought my tickets via AAA in May, they advertised the 2nd day deal, but tickets did not say anything, they assured me it was a valid offer. At the park I stopped at the window by the exit, they took my picture and printed it onto my existing ticket, good for admission within 7 days... no problems..

great to know that, chip_mc. We are AAA members also and we just purchased our tickets yesterday, so I am looking forward to our vacation from June 25 to July 2. Yahoo!!!

Nellas Elensar

Just got back from Sea World and yes they are still offering it but there is a catch. It has to be full price ticket that you purchased. If you used any discount than it is not available.

DisneyFan#1 said:
Just got back from Sea World and yes they are still offering it but there is a catch. It has to be full price ticket that you purchased. If you used any discount than it is not available.

crud....really...i just bought 10% off tickets online...

has anyone been able to get the 2nd day free with the discount or can I upgrade to a full price 1 day ticket and get the 2nd one free....

:sunny:

ok, just called Sea World to inquire as to if the 10% off tickets had a free second day...and the answer was no. The free 2nd day is only for full price tickets. I asked if the 10% off tickets we have can be upgrade to full price and the rep did not know. She suggested going to Guest Services prior to using the ticket to inquire.

UGH!

when you go in to Sea world there is a booth off to the side to get your picture taken and they don't ask how you paid to get in they don't care as long as you are in the park you can get the free 2nd day. you don't show them anything at all....

leanne11 said:
you don't show them anything at all....

You have to give them your original admission ticket when you get the second day free pass. This ticket will show the price paid. Recent reports indicate that you now must have a full price ticket to get the 2nd day free.

gw_lit said:
You have to give them your original admission ticket when you get the second day free pass. This ticket will show the price paid. Recent reports indicate that you now must have a full price ticket to get the 2nd day free.

I think maybe the changes about 2nd day free has changed because they have a new ticket for 2 days that I saw advertised on TV. It is a one day ticket with a 2nd day free anytime this year I think. ??? You don't have to go within the 7 days like before. I could be wrong but I think that is what I heard. We always have our gold pass so don't really pay much attention to prices.

Used it at BG yesterday so the sons and friends could ride the new roller coaster, Sheikra. Awesome ride.
Crowd was huge, though. Long lines for the new coaster-almost 2 hour wait. Then when they got strapped in the ride had to close for about 30 minutes-Last car had hit a bird.
They also had great firework show at closing.

The SeaWorld website now lists 2 different single day tickets.

#1 SeaWorld Orlando Single Day Ticket with 2nd Day Free -- With this ticket you can visit once and come back for another day within 7 days of your first visit, all for the price of single day admission. (59.75 adult, 48.00 child)

#2 SeaWorld Single Day 10% Discount with 7 Day Advance Purchase -- Save 10% off single day admission to SeaWorld Orlando with this Print@Home ticket. Minimum 7 day advance purchase required.

Note that ticket #2 (the discounted ticket) doesn't say anything about a 2nd day free. If you look down this thread, DisneyFan#1 reported that when they were at SeaWorld recently only full price tickets were eligible for the 2nd day free within 7 days. And metta4 said they just called today and SeaWorld confirmed that only full price tickets were eligible for the 2nd day free within 7 days. Previously, when purchasing tickets online, there was never anything stated about a 2nd day free within 7 days. From the way it appears, I'd say it is definitely true that the only way you'll get the 2nd day free within 7 days on a single day ticket is if that ticket is full price.

yeah..unfortunately I am going to ask about up grading my tickets to the full price vs 10% to get the 2nd day free. the person I talked to at Sea World didn't know if they would do it or not...

if not I may just buy new tickets and return the old (10% off ones). per their website you can return tickets

"Tickets purchased through our web site may be returned for a complete refund, excluding shipping and processing charges."

my concern is what is the processing fee?

Maybe I'll just end up being blunt with the person at guest services, when I ask about changing the ticket. If she says no, I'll nicely explain they have a choice of upgrading myself, dh and 2 children for the 2nd free day and me paying them back the 10% or I take that day and go to WDW and spend my money there..... :wave:

:p

The 2nd day pass that is good for the entire year is for Florida residents. That is what I've seen on both the SeaWorld and Busch Gardens commercials. But the 2nd day free pass that you get at guest services is only valid for the 7 days after first visit.

mommi97 said:
Does that also exclude the 2nd day if you are using the SW discount at the gate?

That's the way it appears. I'm curious to hear from first-hand experience if you can use the Southwest discount to get the 2nd day free within 7 days, I'm guessing no from the changes I've heard.

Darn! I waw hoping at least the advance purchase price would still be eligible for the second day free. I think we'll wait & see & hope it changes back. Last Nov. when we were there, you could go back as many times in a week for the ticket price & we had a 20% discounted ticket. They ended up getting $ for 3 days of parking fees, snacks & a few souvies from us over that time. Without the admission deal, we wouldn't have been able to afford returning 2 more times.

That said, if it doesn't, we will suck it up & buy the regular tickets because we love it & want to go twice. Would be nice to have the extra $25 for food though.

gw_lit said:
That's the way it appears. I'm curious to hear from first-hand experience if you can use the Southwest discount to get the 2nd day free within 7 days, I'm guessing no from the changes I've heard.

I called SWO office earlier this week and was told that the SW Discount (20% off full gate price admission) was available with a temporary (not permanent) Rapid Rewards Card. Then I asked if this could be combined with the second day for free program, and was specifically told that it could be.

I'll know for sure next week when we visit!

Thanks familyguy can't wait to hear your results! I am planning my sister's trip and my own and we were both banking on the 2nd freebie day with SW discount.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter