2nd Day Free?

Last July we used the SW Rapids Rewards card at the gate for a 20% discount. They literally had staff everywhere telling people that the second day was free (within the next 7 days) for everyone paying that day. You needed to get a picture ID/admission ticket.

ttfn3 said:
Last July we used the SW Rapids Rewards card at the gate for a 20% discount. They literally had staff everywhere telling people that the second day was free (within the next 7 days) for everyone paying that day. You needed to get a picture ID/admission ticket.

Yes, that was true last year, but now apparently ONLY full price tickets are eligible for the 2nd day free within 7 days. We're still waiting on an actual report if you can still get the 2nd day free with the SWA Rapid Rewards discount.

This may be a stupid question, but are the tickets that AAA members buy through AAA full priced, or are they considered discounted tickets. Back in 2001 and 2002, we bought our tickets via AAA and received the 2nd day free both times. AND there's an ad at the front of our AAA Florida book for the 2nd day free for Busch Gardens and/or Sea World for this year. Should I just bring that ad with me just in case?

Nellas Elensar

Just got back tonight...went to SW on 06/05/05 with 3 tickets purchased under the 10% discount online....

no problem getting the 2nd day free...just stop at the 2nd day free desk to the left once you enter...

I asked at guest services and they said no problem and then when I went to get the 2nd day pass I had no problems there either...I was very relieved as it differed from what I was told when I called SW and asked them prior to leaving for orlando. We went on the 5th and the 8th.

:Pinkbounc

If you are unsure if your ticket will be accepted or not, send an e-mail and get it in writing. Print out the e-mail that you received and you have evidence that you were told it would or would not be taken if they say otherwise. Just go to www.seaworld.com, click to Sea World Orlando, go under "Park Information," and select "Contact Us." You will have a forum to type in an e-mail.

mommi97 said:
Thanks familyguy can't wait to hear your results! I am planning my sister's trip and my own and we were both banking on the 2nd freebie day with SW discount.

gw_lit said:
Yes, that was true last year, but now apparently ONLY full price tickets are eligible for the 2nd day free within 7 days. We're still waiting on an actual report if you can still get the 2nd day free with the SWA Rapid Rewards discount.

Visted within the last week, used the SW discount and did get the 2nd day free (to be used within 7 days of the first), with absolutely no hassles or questions at all.

FamilyGuy said:
Visted within the last week, used the SW discount and did get the 2nd day free (to be used within 7 days of the first), with absolutely no hassles or questions at all.

Great... sounds like good news!

we also just got back and used the southwest discount at the gate (didn't have card yet, just used print out) and stopped back on the way out and got our second day free ticket which we used 3 days later. The only thing you have to pay for is parking on the second day!

Just got back from WDW and Sw we did SW first with the reduced price ticket I think it was $48 for FL resident and got the second day free. You have to go to another ticket counter after you get in to get it vailidated and everyone must do that becasue they take your photo and put it on the back of it.
Lexi

Is this for Busch Gardens too? This is what I emailed BG to ask about the 2nd day free:

Can you tell me if Busch Gardens is still offering the "Next Day Free" tickets? If yes, are all tickets, including discount tickets, eligible for this?

This is the response I got:
We have a "two fer one" promotion available now. It is a full paid daily ticket and the next ticket is good until 12/31/2005, no discounts.

I bought my tickets online using a discount code from Wendy's and saved 20% off the ticket price.

Perhaps BG and SW have different policies? It seems like a entirely different ticket if you wish to get 2 days from BG.

All I can tell you is that I called seaworld and asked if I could get 20% off the ticket(s) w/ SW rapid rewards card, after the response I asked if I could use this discount and get the second day free benefit, and was assured that I could. When I visited the park it was exactly as promised, no questions about it, no hassles. If they had told me I couldn't get the second day free as it was discounted, I was prepared to get speak with the GM of the park if need be, as I was told by phone, prior to deciding to visit the park, that I would get the second day free....

So even though they are both Bush parks BG and SW may have different policies. Another difference I see in the return a second day for free is that SW second day must be within 7 days of the first, BG is by the end of the year.

I am sure that if you really wanted the second day free, and that is a slightly higher priced ticket they would allow you to upgrade, prior to visiting the park.

I just called BG to ask about this and was told the Two Fer tickets are for Florida residents only. So since I'm from NJ, that won't help me. That is also the only promotion going on so it looks like the next day free is only at SeaWorld and not Busch Gardens too.

we are going there tomorrow, where can i get discounts for these tickets? or should i pay full price and try to get the 2nd day free ?

I am getting my sea world tickets with my thank you redemptions from my citibank card. Wonder if I will be able to get the 2nd day free? Lets hope so. I don't have the tickets in hand yet, it will be interesting to know if it has a price on them. ANyone else done this?

San Diego SW currently has the second day "free" coupons. I'm wondering if there is enough to do there to warrant spending two days?

I'll be taking my 3.5 yo daughter, parents, and sister. We haven't been to SW in over 10 years. I know it has changed a lot, added rides, etc. but I think my daughter is too young for the rides.

The park is open 10-6. Should we plan on 2 days or do you think we'll have had enough after 1 day. Keep in mind we'll be going to SW in San Diego.

Thanks!

Is the 20% off the Sea World ticket(s) w/ South West rapid rewards card still available?? What about other discounts like Wendy's?? Thanks for your help.
:sunny:

we did everything in one day, and never rushed or anything and had a great time~!!! We (my hubby and myself) didnt need a 2nd day

oh, i'm not worried about not getting everything done in one day, but we are going the last week in october and they have the spooktacular weekends, so I was hoping to go during the week for our "day" in SW and then going on Saturday for the halloween stuff and seeing a couple shows or letting the kids play in shamu's happy harbour awhile while we are killing time between leaving orlando and checking in in daytona for our second week of vacation. :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter