2nd week of June cancel watch thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I literally just got off the phone with Disney transferring money from my cancelled res to my new July res and I said the same thing to the agent. This is my 3rd try at a trip this summer and each time one cancels, the new one has gotten more expensive.
I'm lucky in that my rates for this next trip are actually cheaper than my cancelled March trip. That all stops if they stay closed after the 9th when the AP discounts ends.

Soooooooooo now we know that USO is opening June 5th. I'm like, almost shaking, because I called & moved my June 12-16 trip after getting The Email today. Technically I cancelled it, not Disney. I'm worried that was some sort of strategy on Disney's part, to get people to cancel until they got below capacity. Tell me I'm crazy, please? I'll be bummed if they open the 14th but far less sad than if they open on the 5th as well.

Think of it this way, if they open around the 5th the further out you are from that date the more refined the experience will be when you get there. I'm sure this will be a learn-as-you-go for Disney, so probably a better plan to give them a few weeks to figure things out before going to the park.

I'm lucky in that my rates for this next trip are actually cheaper than my cancelled March trip. That all stops if they stay closed after the 9th when the AP discounts ends.

Mine, too. I did go through the calendar and just pick the cheapest week for August, though. Can't go any further and still get the Sun and Fun.

If (after?) they cancel us, we are thinking we'll book one of the Disney Springs Hiltons, but we need the pool to be open and I haven't checked if they are. Does anyone know? I saw the B resort's pool was open.

Delta cancelled all the flights or they are booked, so we are driving 8 hrs anyway. If anything opens - Sea World, Universal, Busch Gardens, we may try to get tickets for the day. We need a couples get away, and this is my 40th birthday trip, so the date actually matters. We are AP's and going in Sept with the kids, so I'm OK with a different experience. I just need decent places to eat, alcohol and a pool.

What is everyone's plan B?

So I have 6/13 - 6/18 booked at Boulder Ridge, but wanted an extra few nights on the front end. I had a room reserved at Lake Buena Vista Hilton 6/11-6/13 that was just canceled by Hilton yesterday. No news yet on the DVC portion of my trip...

You'd think they'd open resorts now to get people on property in a way easier to socially distance and such than in the parks. Just my opinion. People could go and enjoy the restaurants and the theming. Get some money flowing down there. No parks is fine with some people. There isn't a theme park at every hotel worldwide. Granted if there's nothing else to do or anywhere else to go I'd guess some would not agree for sure.

You'd think they'd open resorts now to get people on property in a way easier to socially distance and such than in the parks. Just my opinion. People could go and enjoy the restaurants and the theming. Get some money flowing down there. No parks is fine with some people. There isn't a theme park at every hotel worldwide. Granted if there's nothing else to do or anywhere else to go I'd guess some would not agree for sure.

I have done some park free trips in the past, and enjoyed them. But I think part of the problem is that it may cost them more to open the resorts than the money they will be bringing in if the parks are still closed. Is it profitable to run a hotel at 30% occupancy? Of course, they could consolidate guests at just one or two of each level, but that would also anger some guests. We also don’t know if they are having any issues with suppliers, and how that might affect restaurants and resort rooms. For example, how has the virus impacted their decision to eliminate individual toiletries and go with communal ones? Will guests still be open to that, and if not, how long does it take to get a sufficient supply to place in rooms? How will guests feel about coffee makers being removed from rooms, especially if self service beverages in food courts are removed as well? I don’t envy them dealing with all the intricacies of getting the resort back up and running.

DVC point bookings aren’t getting cancelled until 5-7 days out
Correct, but if the cash resorts are cancelled the DVC will be as well. So better to start preparing that the trip is off at this point since they’re in the cancellation window.

Correct, but if the cash resorts are cancelled the DVC will be as well. So better to start preparing that the trip is off at this point since they’re in the cancellation window.
That is an assumption. We do not know that. They could open just the DVC portion without parks and without the general hotel rooms in order to cover their legal liability to DVC owners to open the DVC portion as soon as it is safe.

First time posting, but have been watching the boards for our upcoming trip. We have a reservation at Contemporary June 11-14 with fast passes. No email and FP are still in MDE for what it’s worth!

First time posting, but have been watching the boards for our upcoming trip. We have a reservation at Contemporary June 11-14 with fast passes. No email and FP are still in MDE for what it’s worth!
You just checked your MDE and FP are still there? DVC or cash res?

Just checked, fast passes for everything but HS studios are gone, hotel still there. Cash. Got cancellations for ADR’s yesterday.
Keep checking for other cancelation email, but nothing yet

Still have a reservation for BLT using DVC for June 15 - June21. All ADR's and FP's for the entire time are still listed on MDE. Expecting the worse but hoping for the best, especially with Universal announcing opening.

Still have a reservation for BLT using DVC for June 15 - June21. All ADR's and FP's for the entire time are still listed on MDE. Expecting the worse but hoping for the best, especially with Universal announcing opening.
They have only cancelled stays with checkins through 6/13. Check back in Wed/Thurs evening for an update on your dates. Fingers crossed for you!

For anyone who didn't get the cancellation emails for June 7-13, I just called for us. Confirmed, all stays cancelled. They are sorry emails didn't go out to everyone, but say they should be arriving "soon".
This is how it is goes down every time. Some people get emails, some don’t. But if you aren’t DVC and you’re checking in on the dates TAs have been notified are cancelled, you’re cancelled. Ridiculous but it is what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter