2yr old turning 3 @ Disney.

amlynn5

Mouseketeer
Hi! I’ve read and searched some of the threads and wanted to ask again, if our two yr old is turning three during our stay (last day) will we be charged for his meals/food (buffet and family style) before he turns three? Since everything is on our magic bands and ages are given when I made the hotel reservations (DVC), and on My Disney Experience I am hoping that for the buffets and family styles he won’t be charged. This is assuming that in Oct. 2020 there will be character dining with family style/buffets. To be clear when we are ordering QS off the children’s menu we have always paid for his meals. Thanks!

We went for a third birthday in 2019, and they asked his age at every buffet. He was free for the ones before his third birthday, but once he was 3 we started paying for his buffet meals (even though he still had no park ticket).

Has anyone ever been challenged on their 2 yr old’s age? Wondering if I should bring a copy of his birth certificate.

We went for a third birthday in 2019, and they asked his age at every buffet. He was free for the ones before his third birthday, but once he was 3 we started paying for his buffet meals (even though he still had no park ticket).
That shouldn’t have happened. Whatever age a guest is at check in is the age they stay for the duration of the trip. You’re mid trip 3 year old should have stayed 2 - and free - for your entire stay.

It is Disney's policy hands down that the child is his age at check in for the entire trip (if you have multi day tickets that is). So you do NOT pay for a child once he turns 3. He is considered two for the duration of the trip. He will not need a magic band or fp and will not be charged at buffets or family style. At a la carte restaurants you pay for whatever you order him. You do not need any kind of proof of age (my son is very tall).

Ask for a refund on the meals you paid for. Child is 2 at check-in and all through the stay

Our trip started Nov 30. Our granddaughter turned 3 on Dec 1. We only did one buffet that trip and did not pay for her, nor did we need a ticket for her.

Has anyone ever been challenged on their 2 yr old’s age? Wondering if I should bring a copy of his birth certificate.

We took our DS for his 2nd birthday and he was and still is quite tall for his age. Only once did a cast member ask for his magic band to get in, it was at Animal Kingdom. I told her he is 2 and she didnt question it but did look confused. I brought his birth certificate with us just in case but never needed it. We went again when he was 2.5 and never got questioned on his age at that visit.

what others have said is true: 2 at time of check-in= 2 throughout trip as far as tickets and meals (free buffets). We went for my daughter's 3rd birthday (Jan. 2nd, 2017), though she was 2 when we arrived for the start of our stay. Had a cake ordered and delivered to our birthday dinner at Chef Mickey's, and no issues throughout the stay. I also brought a birth certificate at first because I was also constantly questioning, but it wasn't needed. Enjoy this last trip without the ticket cost and one less person charged for your buffet meals!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter