3 cars but a 2 car garage... storm coming!

Put all three in. We had a two car garage with three cars. My husband is a bit of a nut job (and a very good parker) and he wanted them all three in. Cars one and two pulled in front end forward and as far to the left and right as humanly possible. In the configuration, it was possible back in car three in between. Getting out of the car in the middle was a little difficult. Recommend the thinnest person in your household do the backing. But, it's completely possible!
I'd like to see that. I guess it is possible, a typical 2 car garage is 20 feet by 20 feet, and the typical car is 6 feet wide, so there is 2 feet to spare, about 8 inches between cars, but no way I could open the doors on any of those cars, unless they are tiny cars.

I work in auto insurance claims. Your first instinct was right. Hope you kept the Honda outside. That's why you have insurance for it. If it gets totaled insurance will cover it and you can replace it. If the Pontiac or van would leave you fully out of pocket to replace. Or drive a golf ball around, with smashed windows.

I had a Nissan Leaf get totaled by a hail storm. Poor thing....

Put all three in. We had a two car garage with three cars. My husband is a bit of a nut job (and a very good parker) and he wanted them all three in. Cars one and two pulled in front end forward and as far to the left and right as humanly possible. In the configuration, it was possible back in car three in between. Getting out of the car in the middle was a little difficult. Recommend the thinnest person in your household do the backing. But, it's completely possible!
I'd like to see that. I guess it is possible, a typical 2 car garage is 20 feet by 20 feet, and the typical car is 6 feet wide, so there is 2 feet to spare, about 8 inches between cars, but no way I could open the doors on any of those cars, unless they are tiny cars.
It depends on the size of the cars and the size of the garage. When I was growing up, we put three cars in our two car garage, but the cars were small (one was a compact, the other two were midsize) and the garage was slightly larger than normal. Our current garage barely has room for our minivan and my full size Sonata.
I work in auto insurance claims. Your first instinct was right. Hope you kept the Honda outside. That's why you have insurance for it. If it gets totaled insurance will cover it and you can replace it. If the Pontiac or van would leave you fully out of pocket to replace. Or drive a golf ball around, with smashed windows.

I had a Nissan Leaf get totaled by a hail storm. Poor thing....
Sure you can replace it. But..
1) There's a chance your rates will go up.
2) Unless your policy is set up that you get an "equivalent or better" vehicle, the insurance payout may give you the "value" of the vehicle, but I doubt you'll find an equivalent vehicle for that value.

Now, at least in our state, there is no charge to get the windshield replaced (assuming you have insurance). So that wouldn't worry me one bit. The dents? Eh, it's a kid's car. Who cares?

Our current garage barely has room for our minivan and my full size Sonata.
Interesting how times change. In 1974 Allstate offered a compact car discount, any car under 200 inches long qualified. At 192 inches long your Sonata almost would have been a subcompact then, not full size.

When I was growing up, we had a 2 1/2 car garage. It held our two very full size cars, the riding mower/garden plow, bicycles, etc. I imagine with today’s smaller cars, that if you didn’t have the big mower you could squeeze three cars in It. I am hoping the storm was a non event for the OP.

When I was growing up, we had a 2 1/2 car garage. It held our two very full size cars, the riding mower/garden plow, bicycles, etc. I imagine with today’s smaller cars, that if you didn’t have the big mower you could squeeze three cars in It. I am hoping the storm was a non event for the OP.

We have what is called a 2 1/2 car garage. However, the opening is only two cars wide. You'd have to be pretty dedicated to try to get three cars in! LOL

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter