32 + 24 + 20 + 4 = 5 Fantasmic Days in the World --4/2 update

YAY for Mickey Mail! And that's when you just know you're getting super close!!:cool1: Add me to the list of people who love the new ME tags. Guess I'll be waiting for July to get my hands on those.... :rolleyes1 I think your adjustments sound great. We had lunch at Chefs in April and it was fantastic! The french onion soup was delicious.

Looks like you had a fun camping weekend...but blowing a tire like that. That is scary. Thankfully it was all OK. :thumbsup2

Katie is just adorable, too!

Oh, and don't feel even a little bit guilty about spending time at SAB! Its so wonderful.

Those luggage tags are so cute! I want luggage tags. :rotfl: One of the downsides to DVC membership. No tags.

I almost pulled my luggage out today to start packing, but I stopped myself. I did, however, buy a new pair of shorts to put in my suitcase. :thumbsup2

YAY for new Disney clothes! :thumbsup2

YAY for Mickey Mail! And that's when you just know you're getting super close!!:cool1: Add me to the list of people who love the new ME tags. Guess I'll be waiting for July to get my hands on those.... :rolleyes1 I think your adjustments sound great. We had lunch at Chefs in April and it was fantastic! The french onion soup was delicious.

Looks like you had a fun camping weekend...but blowing a tire like that. That is scary. Thankfully it was all OK. :thumbsup2

Katie is just adorable, too!

Oh, and don't feel even a little bit guilty about spending time at SAB! Its so wonderful.

Joe has been dreading major heat in early June but I just say "No worries, we can hang in the pool mid day & enjoy some yummy snacks at the club lounge!"

I really can't wait!

Yesterday this arrived in the mail:

travelbooks.jpg

Even though we have a garmin, and I included the google directions in my planner, I like tohave a real physical map (plus I oughta get SOMETHING for paying my AAA dues every year :rotfl:) so I ordered a triptik, southeastern states & central Florida maps, and travel books for NC, SC & GA.

We had fun browsing through the maps and books last night, and scoping out a hotel to sleep in on the way home. I haven't decided yet if I want to make a reservation, or just keep the book handy & make a call when we are ready to crash. I'm not exactly sure how the timing is going to work on the trip home, what time we'll get to NC (where Lesley lives) or how tired we will be, so I think we will be winging it & just making a call from the road. :drive:

btw what's with the smilies? they are different ever time I log in. maybe some smilies were feeling left out? :crazy2:

This morning I went with Katie to school for a "Muffins with Mom" breakfast. Just have to share :goodvibes
Muffins_with_mom_breakfast.jpg

TGIF!pixiedust:

You are a much better Mommy than me...no way would you get me camping in a tent! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

But it looks like you all had fun.

I can't believe your trip is so close. Your plans are sounding great and I just know that you are going to have a fabulous time.

I want those luggage takes too! Major envy.

LOVE Les Chef's, wonderful food, ambiance and well...Remy!!! Cutest rodent ever, I'm not sure I've ever laughed so much at a meal.

You are a much better Mommy than me...no way would you get me camping in a tent! :scared1::scared1::scared1:

But it looks like you all had fun.

I can't believe your trip is so close. Your plans are sounding great and I just know that you are going to have a fabulous time.
I have to say, having electricity and a self inflating/deflating air mattress really made it tolerable. Last year we camped out at a girl scout event and I had this thin little bedroll - not much better than sleeping on the ground and it was awful.

I want those luggage takes too! Major envy.

LOVE Les Chef's, wonderful food, ambiance and well...Remy!!! Cutest rodent ever, I'm not sure I've ever laughed so much at a meal.

You are so close my friend! Very excited for you!
I am so far behind in everything! I should have included DISboards on my to do list!:rotfl:thanks for hanging in there!! :wave2:

I am so looking forward to getting there, that I am trying to igore the next 12 days (too much work!)

Hi Gang!
I have been so crazy busy that I have not had any time to DIS lately and I am sorely missing the updates! I have been trying to sneak peeps in on my phone or nook when I have a minute or two. Don't be offended if I haven't commented any where lately!

Joe and I are leaving for our trip in 7 days!!!! We will be in DisneyWorld in 9 days and I am so excited!

and I had a bit of a freak out moment when I realized how much I have on my life and vacation to do list!

So yesterday I managed to send out the e-vites to my 25th Class reunion in July. CHECK!

and last night after Katie went to bed I finally finished putting together my trip binders. I made a big 8 1/2 x 11 binder that has reservations, travel directions, tips, plans, hours, suggestions from our DreamsUnlimited itinerary, and pockets for tickets, tip envelopes, all sorts of smaller or loose items.
2012-05-24222200.jpg
2012-05-24222421.jpg

Then I made three smaller 5 x 8 mini versions with just the basics that will fit in my park bag - it has our confirmation numbers, basic schedule, park hours, and, at Joe's suggestion, I added games! (one for each of us)
2012-05-24222033.jpg

2012-05-24222103.jpg

Joe thought it would be fun to stick a few Disney crossword and find a word puzzles in the little book so if we are waiting in line or for a show to start, we can doodle.
2012-05-24222112.jpg

2012-05-24222131.jpg

I made two extras of this so that my sister can have one in case she (or Katie) is wondering where we are, and one for Joe's dad, just in case some emergency happens and he can't get us via phones, he will know where we are generally speaking.

I went to the bank on the way home & got ones to stuff our mousekeeping thank you envelopes.
2012-05-24222344.jpg

We have been slowly packing clothes etc for our trip. Last weekend we brought up the summer clothes & put away a lot of the heavy winter clothing, so it was a great time to just tuck thing immediately in a suitcase instead of in the drawers or closet. I think we are mostly packed except for socks & undies -- those will have to probably wait till Thursday before to be all packed.

On Friday & Saturday of next week I have to work all day - till about 9 p.m. both days, so I will need to make sure that everything is absolutely ready to go Friday night before bed. Saturday Joe will drop me off at work & then he & Katie will wash the car (apparently you can't go on vacation in a dirty car) & pack it with our luggage plus hers for staying at my sister's house.
Saturday night Katie is going to a boy scout camp out with my sister & youngest nephew, and Joe & I will hit the road.:drive: I am hoping that a camp out will distract her a bit that night. we'll see how that goes :crazy2:

I just took a look at my Disney To DO list and am relieved to see that I really do have most of the stuff checked off....my to do's are in red. Do you all see anything I am missing??

o ADRS DONE
o Pay off trip by 4/19 DONE
o make Mousekeeping envelopes DONE
o put $ in Mousekeeping envelopes DONE
o gas and road $ envelope
o Triptik to Orlando DONE
o AAA FL guide book w/ hotels DONE
o fill m&m tube with quarters and pennies
o make a list of which we have – should I do this without Katie? SKIP
o pack stretched penny book SKIP
o print binder schedule DONE
o Pack last year’s autograph book DONE
o Purchase and pack autograph tee and fabric markers for Katie DONE
o Finish 2007 scrapbook! HAHA THIS WILL NEVER GET DONE!
o Pick up alien green mickey head paint samples SKIP
o Make and laminate lgmh’s for backpack SKIP (found last years)
o Tie dye shirts! DONE
o Order Disney Visa reward card 5/21 DONE
o Buy more food for Thor
o Pack clothing
o Hiking boots!
o Pull out clothing for trip
o Pack small suit case for road & last day, big suitcase for everything else
o Pay all bills due before 6/12 (this is actually my agenda for today on my lunch hour.
o Write out a doggy care list – vet, allergies, emergency call number, etc.
o Clean the house 6/1
o Vacuum up stairs
o Make up bed in guest room (has to wait till Friday or Thor will sleep on it and cover it in hair again.
o Pack post card stamps – send post cards to Katie from FL & on the road if possible.
o Any DIS meets for early June?
o Install SKYPE on my & Joe’s laptops for us & Katie? NOPE
o Schedule oil change for van DONE
o Clean van (Joe on Saturday)
o Bring up suit cases DONE
o Pack clothes for Katie @ Jean’s (this also has to wait til later in the week because Katie has favorites that she wears all the time so I will have to do laundry on Wednesday/ Thursday.

Hope to see ya'll around the boards.:wave2: I have been a horrible slacker!

WOW! It's that time already? In case I don't catch you before, have a safe and magical trip! I can't wait to hear all about it!!!! :goodvibes

I am packed except for undies too! :rotfl: I packed all my fav summer clothes so I literally have nothing to wear that I like this weekend! oh well!

I did not realize you were driving. Good luck with that! So - 9 days - when exactly will you arrive and leave? Inquiring minds want to know!

Great "to do" list!

I can't believe your trip is almost here!!! :yay::yay: I am SO excited fo ryou and just :love: Binder "Stuff!" Way to plan, it is going to be so helpful to keep you on track and just enjoy!

Those trip binders and all of your print-outs are amazing! Seriously. Was it a lot of work to do all of that? I don't have the patience for most of that stuff. My thing is speadsheets! :rotfl:

I had a Florida suitcase packed all winter! :lmao: Last fall, when we were putting away our summer clothes, I knew we were going in February, so I packed a suitcase full of our summer clothes to take and didn't put them away because of the April trip. So, yeah, I'm kind of ready to go to Disneyworld on a moment's notice! :rotfl:

I'm looking forward to hearing about the drive down. One of these trips, I would love to do it. I hate flying (OK, its gotten to the point where I don't mind it, especially with the dramamine) but I love a road trip! And there's a lot of the South I wouldn't mind checking out, not to mention I wouldn't mind seeing some of the rest of Florida.

Great to do list! I actually really like having a lot to do at the sort of last minute. It keeps me busy! :rotfl2:

I just wanted to say:

I hope you enjoyed a RELAXING Memorial Day weekend! I can't believe your trip is almost here! :yay:

I love the trip binders -- awesome job!

I can't believe your trip is almost here.

In case I miss you before you go, have a magical trip and a very Happy 20th Anniversary to you and Joe.

Oh my gosh how did I not respond to everyone's co.ments! :confused3I have beenreading them via email. This past week has been beyond crazy. Happily our drive went amazingly well and i am actually writing this from the Best Western in St. Augustine:cool1::cool1:. We arrived in florida way ahead of schedule....we were too excited to sleep!!! So this is great because i have never been to a Florida beach and now we will go into St. Augustine in the morning for an hour or so, andthen drive to Orlando. We plan on hitting the outlets first, then arriving at the Yacht Club around 11- 12. :wizard:If our room is ready we will unpack, and we will then check out Stormalong Bay and lunch at Hurricane Hannah's. We will bw headed to Epcot by four to make lur way leisurely to La Hacienda for a 6 adr.

I have not slept in a bed since waking Friday am at 6 so will someone PLEASE tell me why i am still awake? Oh thats right ...i wanted to check in wjth my Dis friends! :surfweb:

I will be posting facebook updates... find me there if you have not. My username is the first half of my hotmail account.

Please excuse ant crazy spelling. I am on my nook and sometimes its hard to fix typing errors.

Good night Dis pals!!

Yes! Kathy your advice helped! Oj, vitamin c, airborne and lots of water. Still have sore throat but its much better than i expected.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter