394 days until..Major Changes Afoot!!! Updated-04/30

What a fun trip for you and your DH...and renewing your vows :love: that idea!

Don't worry about the scale...I too have a love hate relationship with the scale. But I have learned to ask myself a few questions before I get on...

1. Did I overeat this week on any day or did I follow my plan?
2. Did I move and exercise regulary?
3. Do I feel lighter than I did last week?
4. Did I eat in secret out of anger, stress, boredom, frustration?
5. Do my clothes feel better?
6. Did I receive any praise?

Define your week by your obedience to your work out plan and your diet plan, not by a number on the scale.

What a fun trip for you and your DH...and renewing your vows :love: that idea!

Don't worry about the scale...I too have a love hate relationship with the scale. But I have learned to ask myself a few questions before I get on...

1. Did I overeat this week on any day or did I follow my plan?
2. Did I move and exercise regulary?
3. Do I feel lighter than I did last week?
4. Did I eat in secret out of anger, stress, boredom, frustration?
5. Do my clothes feel better?
6. Did I receive any praise?

Define your week by your obedience to your work out plan and your diet plan, not by a number on the scale.

Thanks so much for the positive feedback! Excellent thoughts, especially no.4 , I am definitely an emotional eater and it can sneak up on me if I am not fully aware of my behaviour.
Got right back up on the horse this morning, even though I had a REALLY rough night at work, and would have used that as an excuse in the past. Instead, I thought "I am going to take out all of this negative frustration out on that Damned elliptical!" And I did!:thumbsup2 Poor elliptical...:rolleyes2

Now as to why last night sucked so much, we got a call from the body shop about Ferb's car. I have no idea what car the officer was talking about when he called us and told us no damage beyond the steering column, because it certainly wasn't ours! Apparently, they lovely person who took it didn't want to leave it for us to claim, he wanted to trash it! All the fabric is slashed from the roof inside, to the back seats! Plus, they left the passenger window open (might have something to do with HOW they stole the car in the first place) and it was open all during the blizzard we had on Wed and got full of snow! So, the body shop guy said it's probably a write off. That leaves us back in the position of how to buy a car for Ferb.

We probably won't know more about the financial aspect from insurance until Mon at the earliest. Then, we will have to start looking to replace the car. We are thinking we will have to move the cruise we have in Oct to March 2015 and just do WDW in the fall. Our flights are already paid for and are nonrefundable, we can use our timeshare (already paid for) and beg for assistance from a family member that works at WDW to help us with access to the parks. Even if we end up having a more resort-centric week, at least we will still be there. Then, if we can pull the funds together in time we will cruise over March Break instead of WDW. If we can't get the money in time for the new paid in full date, then we will rethink everything.

In the mean time, I didn't get any decent napping in before work last night. It was my Monday (first night on for the week) and with no sleep I was out of it. On top of that, the stress of the car situation didn't make me the happiest of campers. But then, when I got to work, I found out someone had called in sick for day shift and one of the two of us that started at the same time needed to stay late until a replacement came. That's an hour extra, and when you work midnights it feels like double time! I had gone into the night hoping to get out early, head to the gym and then home to catch up on sleep...the other person just put her head down and pretended like she didn't even hear the supervisor ask us. :furious: So, being the responsible person that I am, I said that I really was hoping to go home early, but if no one else would do it, then I would. So, I went from an early out to over time. :headache: The worst part about it, I have kids at home alone while my and Ferb's shifts overlap in the morning (not a big deal just one more thing to take into consideration while working EXTRA time) but the other one, single...no kids...not wanting to work out before she goes home...just selfish.:sad2: Can you tell how angry I still am? The supervisors felt bad, they totally understand the situation I am in (and so does my co worker). I don't blame them, and I didn't want them to feel bad, they just were doing their jobs. But, like one said, "It always seems to be you that ends up with this kind of situation". I think it's just a lesson for me in selflessness, patience, and channeling frustration on the elliptical!:lmao: But, I must say that after about 10 minutes of pushing myself I felt GREAT! So, lesson learned!:thumbsup2

I will update here as soon as I know more about the car. I apologize about the above rant. I probably should delete it...but, it's a moment in time, it happened and it felt good to get it out!;)

Welcome, eh?
:welcome:

I know that they stopped doing them for awhile...but Westjet flies to Orlando from there. Not sure where else you can fly, though? And I agree that it's pretty sad that you have to leave the country for a decent flight. All those ridiculous taxes and fees.:sad2:

Whereabouts did you live and did you move far? I am originally from Buffalo and Ferb is from Wales,UK so neither of us are homegrown.

We lived outside of Brantford (if you're not familiar with it, it's not terribly far from Hamilton) and moved to the Galveston Texas area, so pretty much as far away as we could get without going to another country!

I might have to look into Westjet again to Hamilton though-might be worth it when factor in the drive to/from the boarder. Although we'd end up making a separate trip to see the Falls. Flying into Buffalo makes that an easy thing to do!

So sorry about dh car...I just don't understand human nature to take and destroy another person's property! I hope that it all works out for the best for you.

I am not sure how religious you are, but there is a great book for helping control your emotional eating habits. I am working my way through the book right now for a second time.

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

It is an easy read and it really gets to the heart of matters!

So sorry about dh car...I just don't understand human nature to take and destroy another person's property! I hope that it all works out for the best for you.

I am not sure how religious you are, but there is a great book for helping control your emotional eating habits. I am working my way through the book right now for a second time.

Made to Crave by Lysa TerKeurst

It is an easy read and it really gets to the heart of matters!

Thanks, we are pretty bummed about the car. At this point, my biggest problems are 1. someone came on our property and stole something from us (it's disconcerting to say the least) and 2. this will probably have a negative effect on our vacations in the coming year. (hoping for some luck there)

But, Sat night I got some really sad news about a co worker. Her husband died unexpectedly after routine surgery. He was only 56. The funeral is this morning, staying up to head there later. This all put so much into perspective for me. It's just a car, and they are just vacations. I have my husband, my two kids and friends and family. That's all that matters.

Thanks, we are pretty bummed about the car. At this point, my biggest problems are 1. someone came on our property and stole something from us (it's disconcerting to say the least) and 2. this will probably have a negative effect on our vacations in the coming year. (hoping for some luck there)

But, Sat night I got some really sad news about a co worker. Her husband died unexpectedly after routine surgery. He was only 56. The funeral is this morning, staying up to head there later. This all put so much into perspective for me. It's just a car, and they are just vacations. I have my husband, my two kids and friends and family. That's all that matters.

I am so sorry about your co-works husband, prayers for peace and comfort! Things like this do put life in perspective. Things can be replaced, not people!

Hey there!

Major car update today! :car:

Okay, I am going to put this as succinctly as possible because I don't want to bore you with all of the details. We found the perfect replacement for Ferb's car north of Toronto. Basically an almost 2 hour drive. We put a hold on the car with his credit card, and waited and waited and waited to hear from the insurance company. We didn't want to buy a car without his being for sure written off. The dealership was getting on our nerves calling us, hey, we gave you money to hold it...hold it! We even told them we were waiting. Mind you, this was over the course of LESS than 24 hrs. So, we finally got the call that it was in fact written off!:thumbsup2 Then we got the AMAZING news that we were getting twice what we thought we would get for it!:banana:

So, we call the dealership and find out that the car was going to cost us more than $600 more than we thought (admin fees and testing fees) and that they had lied to us about the car having been through the safety and emission tests that are required here in Ontario. We tried to get them to absorb some of the admin fee, but all we got was smarmy, sleazy, insulting used car salesman tactics. I told the guy he was being insulting and that we had specifically asked whether the car had gone through all these tests and he lied at the time by saying it had.

Back to the drawing board, and we found another less than stellar car, but it will be a much cheaper option in the end. About $1500 cheaper! So, we checked it out and we put a deposit down on that, and we pick it up Monday!!:yay: Also, it's only 45 min away..and it comes with a 3 month warranty! So, up yours sleazy car guy!:rotfl:

All of this leads me to the fantastic news that, pending the final purchase of this car, all of our vacations will remain as originally planned! :dance3::cheer2:party: Yeah, we're a happy bunch here.

I have to say, though, that I am very proud of my girls. Throughout this whole process we have gone back and forth on our vacation plans being cancelled, postponed, modified...but they have stayed positive and very supportive. Can I just say how much I love them? :love::grouphug:

I'm a little bummed out about that jerk in Toronto yanking us around...in the end Ferb wasted a day off of work, and I missed my Zumba class...not a huge deal, but I really would have felt great getting some of that stress out dancing and sweating. :dancer: ;)

Today is a yucky day, too...I have to go to my dentist and have some minor oral surgery.:sick: I have had a tooth that has given me nothing but grief since I had Merida..I think pregnancy messed up my teeth. Anyways, it's had so many procedures from fillings, to root canals, to multiple rebuilds. Finally, it had to come out. But now, there is bone left and he has to go in and dig it out. This wouldn't be so bad if the freezing had worked on ANY of these procedures. But, all I get is a frozen face and pain while he's working on it. :scared1: I am hoping that now that the tooth is gone, the freezing will work, they think it might have been from an infection that they didn't detect, I guess that can cause the freezing not to work?:sad2: So, that's in an hour.....and I have already rescheduled...:rolleyes1

But, that's all for now. If I am feeling up to it, maybe I'll be back on today to talk about our summer vacation. It's a different kind of vacation....

Well...that was fun...NOT!:scared: My face is frozen...but I still felt that last bone being dug out! He even used 3 doses of Novocaine to be sure. Oh well...it's gone now and not going to be any more trouble...famous last words....:duck:

So....on to more pleasant topics...and around here that means VACATION!!:beach:

This will be the third year that we have taken this particular trip. Growing up this is the only vacation we had. In upstate NY there is a region called The Adirondack Mts. It's protected from logging and such, although it has a very long history of logging. Starting from a very young age my summers would include a week camping in a tent here. My parents have always been tree huggers...no seriously, they LOVE nature and camping and the outdoors. This love passed onto my brother, me, not so much.:crazy2: I really love the IDEA of camping, the great outdoors, the quiet and the smell and it's so peaceful. But then the spiders come out to haunt me and it's all over!:scared1: And I'm not kidding, for some reason I always ended up having at least one of those creepy crawlers on me! Many nights have I spent cramped in the back seat of the car trying just to survive the night!:sad:

But, I love my family...here they all are in their outdoorsy glory...
29326f94-af2d-4469-a91d-0f11a01775a3.jpg

I am taking the pic, you see Ferb, Merida, and Stitch. Then there are from the left my Sister in law (love her) and my niece (just turned 2 that week) , my Mom, Dad and on the end my Brother. We all get along so well that a week goes by so fast! This was from last summer.

We rent a house (thank god no tents!) and have a wonderful week of swimming, campfires, cooking outside, a day trip here and there in the region and just hanging out and spending time together. Lots of trips to the store to replenish the beer...:rolleyes1

Here are some wonderful memories from the last two summers in the Adirondack's.

1ebf746c-4bc6-4f3e-9da3-ee4bb72f138e.jpg

44f68d48-e030-4dae-8ad0-a0a4a888b803.jpg

e8bdac52-d115-49a5-8f8c-698c6bddaca9.jpg

043956d3-b934-40ce-b65f-194c1f2001aa.jpg

This is one of my favorite:
3d4a3925-1d14-4cd3-b18e-936e65ac9f6f.jpg

My brother bought an old canoe and refurbished it..he brings that for him and the girls to explore!! We have had lake access the past two years:
42e5ccb7-cc5f-4634-9a74-f8264ebf9c29.jpg

07fc2b72-7623-4626-b8f7-6181db39d798.jpg

5bb3ba52-6d95-42bc-8311-bb5fdb771e39.jpg

Another fave of mine:
8ebbcc08-66eb-4ad1-b50b-47d8b63999be.jpg

220db8ff-21f7-4697-af55-f93587ab974a.jpg

We really do have lots of fun!
cbfff12e-9197-45b1-940f-ba2bbef81d48.jpg

Some like to partake in another type of fun....
01af0944-3205-40d5-94ae-0cd7f66b82bc.jpg

Love my family...
7d562d8d-c626-4d40-bd6f-ac53c6fa5847.jpg

8b1c5c56-a1e4-4d09-9c5d-abb0094daf23.jpg

e35f60ab-eab1-4b3c-a951-555df8f1064e.jpg

This year is a little different. We couldn't find a nice house on a lake within our budget. We got a late start on the search. So, this year we will be on a river! There is a swimming hole at the bottom of the property, and the river bed will be fun to explore! We are getting excited!!

So, there you have our second vacation of 2014!! It's definitely a more affordable vacation than the others. We split the cost of the house with my parents and bro. And we share the cost of food and supplies for the week. Everyone takes turns cooking and we are great at working together.

Family is such an important part of our lives. We love each other and take care of each other. I don't know what my life would be like without them. And I know that it's just a matter of time before we will lose my parents. We want to take advantage of every moment we have with them. It's important not just for me and my bro, but for our children to have these times with their grandparents.

YAY...for the car situation and not effecting your Disney trip!

I love the family vacation pictures...such a beautiful setting and such wonderful memories. Times like these you can't put a price tag on! Thank you for sharing those precious pictures. Yours girls will have fond memories when they are older.

We have a cabin in New Mexico rocky mountains...and love spending as much time as we can up there with lots of extended family. DH cousins and their kids all have cabins near us so it is like a huge family reunion every 4th of July.

YAY...for the car situation and not effecting your Disney trip!

I love the family vacation pictures...such a beautiful setting and such wonderful memories. Times like these you can't put a price tag on! Thank you for sharing those precious pictures. Yours girls will have fond memories when they are older.

We have a cabin in New Mexico rocky mountains...and love spending as much time as we can up there with lots of extended family. DH cousins and their kids all have cabins near us so it is like a huge family reunion every 4th of July.

Thanks! We are very relieved and are back in planning mode for the fall trip!

Thank you for the kind words about the pics. I just love looking at them. They can bring me out of a funk just scrolling through them and seeing, not only my DD's, but my whole family happy and having fun. It's hard for us all to get together, we all work and I am on a completely opposite schedule from the rest of them. Scheduling time is difficult sometimes, but it's so worth it.

I love the sound of your cabins all together! Sounds like a fantastic set up! That would be so much fun. I would love to start using our timeshare to travel west and check out more of the US. Although I am from the states, we kept all of our travel to the east coast so my parents could drive and camp. The longest trip we took was through the Blue Ridge Mountains and it was in a rented camper. It was a great way to see so many different areas of the region. But, having a timeshare will give us the opportunity to see so much more!!

I am here for my weekly update.:surfweb:

Not too much to report. We picked up Ferb's car on Monday. The transaction went smoothly, thankfully. When they performed the safety, they found a crack in the front windshield, so they replaced that. Other than that, though, the car is in great shape. We are very relieved that this whole process is finished! :faint:

I have done well so far with my workout regime. I made it to Zumba yesterday and have been keeping up with the schedule for after work workouts as well. In fact, I had to get new pants for work! Now, before you all get REALLY excited...:dance3:, the pants I had were too big from the start. I could pull them on without unbuttoning them. But, this week, I was walking and they started falling down...:eek:..new pants it is. Down one size, and I can still pull them on without unbuttoning. I know that sounds creepy, but these are the worst pants ever, and if I went down another size (and I probably could) they wouldn't look right. Something is definitely wrong with how they were designed. But, I am absolutely sure that my employer got a great deal on them. :rolleyes1

This week has been a little hectic. Both Merida and Stitch have been involved in a musical their school is putting on. It's Willie Wonka Jr. Stitch is working behind the scenes, and Merida is an Oompa Loompa. It's been all day rehearsals at a local church and tonight and tomorrow night are the performances. Unfortunately, Merida has gotten really sick. Well, both girls are sick, but Merida is pretty bad. She is home right now instead of at rehearsal. I am hoping that some rest today will get her up to performing tonight and tomorrow. I would feel bad for her if she worked so hard only to miss the actual performance. :(

I have four different countdowns on my ipad right now...this one is the shortest...

61301965-0db0-46e2-86d8-889768cb4397.jpg

Can't Wait!!!:hyper:

Just a quick update...

I got on the scale today...I don't know what I was thinking, but I guess I was prepared for the worst but wanted to know anyways?:confused3

But, the good news is, I am down 6 lbs!:cool1: Considering the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing, and I know I am putting on muscle with all the weights I have been lifting, I am very pleased with this progress!!::yes::

Also, the girls are both home sick today.:sick: Poor things. I took Merida in later yesterday so she could participate in the dress rehearsal and then they both did the first performance last night. I think it took a lot out of them. So, they are home resting. Hopefully they will both be up to the performance tonight. This is the one Ferb and I are planning on attending as well. Will have pics to add this weekend, I hope!

Hello! I am here! We are going to Disney again Feb/March 2015 as well. So I am here to countdown with you!! :cool1:
The family river vacation sounds like fun and I am looking forward to pictures from Vegas! We live in Kentucky and I have always wanted to go to Vegas!

Hello! I am here! We are going to Disney again Feb/March 2015 as well. So I am here to countdown with you!! :cool1:
The family river vacation sounds like fun and I am looking forward to pictures from Vegas! We live in Kentucky and I have always wanted to go to Vegas!

:welcome: To our report!!
The more the merrier!!
:jumping1:

It's so exciting having a vacation to look forward to..even if it IS 340 some odd days away...:hyper:

We are definitely excited for our upcoming trips in the interim...and we consider ourselves very lucky to be able to take them. I plan on taking lots of annoying pics in Vegas, so don't worry there. ;)

Do you guys have any tentative plans for your trip next year? Looks like it's a grad celebration! Awesome!!:thumbsup2

Not a whole lot to report this week...

The girls had a good time with the show last week. Although, they were both quite sick and even stayed home from school on Fri. They made it to that performance, but you could tell it was a lot for Merida. She even broke down into tears before and Stitch had to come grab me and bring me backstage to calm her down. Drama with some friends and all the excitement was just too much I think. All was well after and they had fun.
I unfortunately have zero pics and the only video Ferb took with his ipod and posted to FB so I can't even post it here. I know, I know...I suck!

I was very proud of Stitch afterwards, though. Not only did she prove to be great big sister looking out for Merida, but her teacher took me aside and told me about the extra responsibility she gave her with the mikes. I was a proud Mom, to say the least! I guess she was in charge of the mike changes throughout the shows...not bad.

So, I met up with some girls from work yesterday for coffee, and I got to see one who left us last year for another job. She is really sweet and it was great to see her...but selfishly, I was happy to hear her say that I looked great and she could tell I was working out. You know, when you see the same people day in and day out, they don't notice any changes, and I don't really notice too much esthetically either, until I put on something and it fits better..kwim? But when she said that, I thought...cool...it's working!:banana:
Unfortunately, Zumba was cancelled yesterday, but I got to hang with the girls longer because of it. Back in the saddle on Sat morning.
I have been looking into joining a club now that I am in a nice routine. The idea of working out at work for free has been a good one..although, I find myself taking an early leave to get my time in, and that's costing me more in the long run than a gym membership. I crunched the numbers the other day.
So, I think I will be joining one soon, or might wait because I saw a new one opening here that should have fantastic facilities. Must think on this...:faint:

Vacation-wise, our 180 day opened up on Mon and I booked one ADR for while we are staying in WDW this fall. We are only there 3 nights and we want to save money on dining so we will only have one or two ADR's. The first I booked is Beaches and Cream. Now that the girls are older, we want to attempt The Kitchen Sink. We figure we will share entrees for dinner and then tackle it! After, we can stroll the Boardwalk to work it off...we have never been here so it will be something new for us. Usually it's DTD and Raglan Rd for our arrival, but we will have a day at DTD on our last day as our flight leaves later. So, this will give us something new to try and hopefully a fun memory for the girls. I don't think we will get very far with that dessert...we'll see.
As for our second ADR, well....that's more of a pipe dream, really. Be Our Guest!:lmao::rotfl2::rotfl:...I know, I know....being offsiters makes it pretty impossible. And of course, I tried this morning and nothing. But, I plan on trying every day between now and Sept 30...you never know. And if we absolutely can't get one, then we will get in line for lunch at the latest time and just have Linner....you know, Linner...Lunch/Dinner...:scratchin

We have had lunch there twice and we know we like the food served then, we just wanted to try dinner once. If it's meant to be, then so be it.

That's really all for now...Ferb is in love with his new/old car, and I am off to work tonight. But first, a trip over the river to the US to shop. I ordered some bathing suits from Lane Bryant and they are in. I hope they fit! I ordered a size down...we shall see....

Hope all is well, and everyone is getting some decent weather...finally!!!

:welcome: To our report!!
The more the merrier!!
:jumping1:

It's so exciting having a vacation to look forward to..even if it IS 340 some odd days away...:hyper:

We are definitely excited for our upcoming trips in the interim...and we consider ourselves very lucky to be able to take them. I plan on taking lots of annoying pics in Vegas, so don't worry there. ;)

Do you guys have any tentative plans for your trip next year? Looks like it's a grad celebration! Awesome!!:thumbsup2

Glad to be here!! Yes I graduate college in May 2014 but have 2 summer online classes to take before I am officially done. My husband doesn't share the love of Disney like my son and I do so he is sitting this trip out since he went last year with us and my mom is going to go and possibly my niece. My DH is currently in the med board process with the military so we are waiting to see how that pans out if he gets to keep his IDs if so we will be at shades of green but if not we will be at POP....Is it sad that I have even started to think about dining plans?!:confused3

Great Job on the loss! Yay down a size!

Glad the girls are feeling better and they play was a success!

I think the Kitchen Sink sounds like such a fun idea...want to do that with my family someday! As for BOG, great attitude...but sending you pixie dust that it will work out. I used to think I wanted to eat dinner there, but I am perfectly happy with lunch!

Glad to be here!! Yes I graduate college in May 2014 but have 2 summer online classes to take before I am officially done. My husband doesn't share the love of Disney like my son and I do so he is sitting this trip out since he went last year with us and my mom is going to go and possibly my niece. My DH is currently in the med board process with the military so we are waiting to see how that pans out if he gets to keep his IDs if so we will be at shades of green but if not we will be at POP....Is it sad that I have even started to think about dining plans?!:confused3

Congrats on your graduation! What are you going to be when you grow up?;)

I don't know what I would do if my DH didn't love Disney as much as me...we may love it more than our DD's even.:love: We took a Disney cruise and spent two days at WDW without them back in 2011....they only found out about that last year, we managed to keep it a secret all that time.:rolleyes1

So, I have no idea what you mean by your DH being in the med board process? Does this mean that he will be leaving the military? Whatever it is, good luck to him and I hope he ends up wherever he wants to be.

I don't believe it is sad thinking of dining already...I have been thinking of it since we decided to take this trip! It's never ending planning here..:surfweb::hyper: I think that's why these PTR's are always so fun...we get to be uber planners together and not get on the nerves of the non-Disney lovers in our lives.

Great Job on the loss! Yay down a size!

Glad the girls are feeling better and they play was a success!

I think the Kitchen Sink sounds like such a fun idea...want to do that with my family someday! As for BOG, great attitude...but sending you pixie dust that it will work out. I used to think I wanted to eat dinner there, but I am perfectly happy with lunch!

Thanks! It really felt good to see the results on the scale, even though I have decided to not focus on that so much. My clothes are feeling great, it's wonderful not having to squeeze myself into anything. It's a long road ahead, but I am feeling really good about it.:thumbsup2

I don't think we will be able to tackle the whole kitchen sink, but I do believe we will have fun trying! It should make for some fun pics!!

Back here for my weekly update! Starting to sound like Saturday Night Live with that....:happytv:

Last Sunday, the 6th, was Ferb's Birthday...he is now the same age as me...:rotfl:..I know, not for long..but I enjoy it while I can. We had cake and saw Captain America for his day...great, great, great movie!! I am not going to lie, it might have been due to Capt America being pretty hot!:rolleyes1 No, really, great movie!
I am going to be replacing Ferb's bowling shoes for his birthday present. They were taken from his car when it was stolen and they must have ditched them somewhere as they were not in there when they found the car. :sad2:

Not really much to report trip wise....

We are 28 days out from Vegas Baby!!:love: I talked with my cousin and we are definitely going to be able to hang out with her and the fam that week, probably a bbq or some such thing. Other than that, nothing new there. I have been trying to find restaurants we want to try, rather than wasting time wandering around, maybe have a plan for each dinner or lunch and tour around that way? But then, it's just me and DH so no real plan needed. KWIM? So, I gave up on that...knowing us we will just grab a bite as we go. Just want something special for our Vow Renewal dinner, so I asked my cousin and her DH for input...waiting to hear back on that.

This time each year our employer usually announces a meeting for associates where they break down the fiscal year, tell us if we are getting a bonus and then tell us we are NOT getting a raise.....again. That's right, we haven't had a raise in 4 years. :mad: Even though our cost of living has gone up HUGE here due to new taxes and increases in gas prices, utility costs, extra fees added on to everything for paying off the utility company's debt and such...we are making the same we made 4 years ago. But, this year another place just like us was on strike and they bargained for a raise and bonus. Usually that means we will get the same, sort of like a "me too" clause without having a union since they don't want us to get one. (Old story, just generates lots of negative mojo at work) So, hopefully we will be hearing from them soon about this meeting and getting some much needed good news from them. BTW, we are a gov't owned facility, but we are not considered gov't employees. That is, until they don't want to give us a raise like the rest of the gov't. But, the head of the gov't division that governs us, he got an increase of about $100,000 last year. Thanks, for nothing. (Oh yeah, I'm bitter)

Moving on to happier topics......

I just got off the phone with my friend who gave me some amazing news!! Her girlfriend just proposed to her last night!!! I am so excited for them!!! They have been through some tough times over the past few years, not their relationship, but just life. They are so good together and for each other, I am so happy for them!!!!!:cloud9::love::yay::bride::bride:

My workout has been going well, but the zumba classes were cancelled. There were only 3 left, but the guy teaching just up and quit. I don't know why, but since he works at the same place as me, I heard through the grapevine that he sort of does this a lot. Starts, but doesn't finish. Bummer...
But, on a positive note, they are starting a new round of 8 weeks starting May 1. This time with a fee of $30, not bad at all. I didn't think they would let me in, we were told they would want a new batch to give everyone a chance, but I think they felt bad about the cancellation and let me in!! :yay: So glad, too...it's a fun way to get more cardio in, and it breaks up the monotony of gym visits.

I am going to try a new trend this week with Easter and try not to get a lot of candy or chocolate. Of course there will be some, but I think I am going to get the girls itunes cards instead to curb the intake of sugar. They will of course get some from my parents, but they don't need (and we don't need) lots of sugar here. The girls are out of school Fri through Mon this week, I know lots of schools in the states are off either this week or next, but here we just do a long weekend. We get two weeks off for Xmas, though. We won't be doing anything for Easter this week as my Brother and Sis in law will be doing Easter with her family due to scheduling conflicts. We are going to celebrate the following Sun with them at my parents. DH's family are all scattered across the area and over the pond in the UK, so we don't see them much except for Xmas and maybe once in the summer really. They aren't close anyways. So, it will be a quiet Easter weekend here...maybe if the weather holds we can get some work done outside, finally...it snowed here yesterday....it's still on the ground today, too.:scared1::mad::headache: Really done with all this! Can't wait for spring to finally arrive and stay!:flower3:

So, that's my weekly update...nowhere as funny as the SNL one is it? :rolleyes1

Until next week...
089ce327-6b8d-4d76-bfd8-96969bfd930f.jpg

Hi There :wave2: Subbing in.

So happy for you that you have found a routine to stick to with exercise. I am trying to do the same right now so I'll be reading along to what you are doing! I just started a new job and have been bringing my lunch everyday. At my last job we have a cafe and I would always buy and on most days buy french fries because they are just SO good! :headache:I also gave up soda and I'm trying to give up coffee but that is still a struggle. I've also been taking the dog out for walks too to try to get exercise for both of us so hopefully I will see a change soon!

Looking forward to all your vacation plans too. I am doing a VERY short weekend trip next weekend :yay::yay: but I am thinking about booking a REAL trip next year with my BF so I'll be reading along to try to get ideas for my trip! :surfweb:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter