394 days until..Major Changes Afoot!!! Updated-04/30

Hi There :wave2: Subbing in.

So happy for you that you have found a routine to stick to with exercise. I am trying to do the same right now so I'll be reading along to what you are doing! I just started a new job and have been bringing my lunch everyday. At my last job we have a cafe and I would always buy and on most days buy french fries because they are just SO good! :headache:I also gave up soda and I'm trying to give up coffee but that is still a struggle. I've also been taking the dog out for walks too to try to get exercise for both of us so hopefully I will see a change soon!

Looking forward to all your vacation plans too. I am doing a VERY short weekend trip next weekend :yay::yay: but I am thinking about booking a REAL trip next year with my BF so I'll be reading along to try to get ideas for my trip! :surfweb:

:welcome:

So glad to have you here!

It's been a long time coming for this new health routine, but I am still struggling. My biggest issue now is food. I am starting to make some serious changes there as well...I have a wonderful associate dining room at work, there a lots of healthy options that they have added lately as well. So that helps. I work midnights and that comes with it's own issues. When to eat, and what to eat at the right times? I have been eating a lot of salad lately at 2 in the morning and I just don't know if it's helping yet? I used to eat a lot of chicken fingers and wraps and such, you would think switching to salad would help? We shall see....

As we can all attest, this is a struggle and for some of us it will always be a struggle. But, I don't plan on giving up! So, glad you are here to fight along with me!:thumbsup2

Let me know how your quick trip came about and when you get back, report in!

Sounds like Vegas is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about the vow renewal...

So sorry about the job situation...

I hate Easter Candy...I end up eating too much of it and I don't even buy it...MIL does. The baskets the kids get from us has a chocolate cross/bunny, some gum, and a package of their favorite candy....along with a few gift cards and misc stuff. MIL on the other hand fills the thing with 100% candy. Ugh...

Hope you have a blessed Easter!

Happy Easter!!

Joining your Pre-TR. We aren't going back to WDW until May 2015, so I thought I would endure the long wait right along with you. We are going to Universal this June so at least we have a trip, just not the one I want. My boys are almost 11 and 12. They love the coasters at Universal. We still have time on our AP's, so Universal it is for this trip.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Going to the gym regularly is so hard. I find making myself go is the hardest part. Once I am there, it is ok. Maybe we can motivate each other to get going.

Excited to hear about your Vegas Vow Renewal. Sounds like fun.

Happily Following:)

:welcome: So glad to have you here....are you planning a trip as well?

Sounds like Vegas is going to be so much fun! I can't wait to hear all about the vow renewal...

So sorry about the job situation...

I hate Easter Candy...I end up eating too much of it and I don't even buy it...MIL does. The baskets the kids get from us has a chocolate cross/bunny, some gum, and a package of their favorite candy....along with a few gift cards and misc stuff. MIL on the other hand fills the thing with 100% candy. Ugh...

Hope you have a blessed Easter!

Thank you, Easter was a quiet affair, I had to work and so we hid eggs and presents for the girls to find Sunday morning, we had bfast and then I slept most of the day away. We will get to really celebrate this coming Sunday at my parents'.

We are still waiting to hear about the meeting, but we figure it's because they are finalizing the end of the fiscal year and trying to get everything situated...we'll see....

Happy Easter!!

Joining your Pre-TR. We aren't going back to WDW until May 2015, so I thought I would endure the long wait right along with you. We are going to Universal this June so at least we have a trip, just not the one I want. My boys are almost 11 and 12. They love the coasters at Universal. We still have time on our AP's, so Universal it is for this trip.

Congratulations on your weight loss. Going to the gym regularly is so hard. I find making myself go is the hardest part. Once I am there, it is ok. Maybe we can motivate each other to get going.

Excited to hear about your Vegas Vow Renewal. Sounds like fun.

:welcome: It's actually starting to get full in here...love it!!:grouphug:

We have never done Universal..I have been nervous about it because my youngest doesn't like roller coasters yet...well, nothing more daring than BTMRR. I figured it would be a waste of money if all we did was a few rides. Maybe in a few years?

Thanks for the positive vibes! :thumbsup2 The weight loss is definitely slow in coming...my clothes are all fitting really well, the other day my jeans were practically falling down by the end of the day. Usually that's when they finally start to fit well.:rolleyes1 (all that stretching out, kwim?) But, the scale is still not my best friend. So, I am avoiding it like the plague and just plugging away at my routine and trying to adjust my diet. Easter is difficult, though. All the best intentions trying to keep away from candy...:(

Going to the gym has been so liberating for me...once I got past my own pride, that is. It really helps that I am already at work and just have to change my clothes and walk down the hall of shame..But at least I don't have to get in the car and leave home..that's always harder. You can do it, when you are ready...that was the thing for me..I am ready. It's almost like an addiction, you have to be ready to make the changes. And not for anyone else but yourself. KWIM? :hug:

Well, I am sitting here at the computer :surfweb: listening to Disney Park Music on youtube...:cloud9:

But, I am really excited about our upcoming Vegas trip right now!!! Today marks a milestone in that countdown...we are in the teens!!:yay:

19 Days until I am on vacation!!!
:dancer:

It's 20 until we are actually in Las Vegas, but 19 until my vacation starts! I REALLY need a vacation. I am so looking forward to the Vegas bit, don't get me wrong...but at this point, I am thinking about sleeping through the night and not seeing the same faces over and over again at work. I haven't really talked about my actual job, but I see the same people night after night after night as customers...imagine being a nurse in an ER and you get the same patients every night even though they don't get a bed...it's a little creepy at first, and then it just becomes annoying...and it's the same jokes, the same crazy people with the same crazy behaviour (and yeah, they are kinda crazy). Sometimes it's a good thing, because you basically know what you're in for and when you are tired it can make it easier...but right now, I just need a vacation..kwim?

So...rant over...:rolleyes1

I have a few things to take care of before this trip. I need to call the chapel and confirm everything, Ferb needs a new dress shirt to wear to the renewal, I want to get some packable libations (since we have a full fridge, I figured the pouches of slushies that you freeze). Our travel toiletries need to be overhauled. We have luggage and most of our clothes for the warm weather...although, Ferb probably could use a few tshirts. I figure I will get all that done within the next week, then take a look at packing. I love to start that early...partly because it feels good to do something towards the vacation, but also it give me a chance to see what's missing and repack if I have gone overboard. (If...that's pretty funny, Definitely is more like it lol)

I hope everyone had a nice Easter. As I said, ours was going to be quiet, and it was. We will be celebrating at my Mom and Dad's this Sunday due to everyone's schedules. The girls were happy with their loot from the Easter Bunny. We got them itunes cards and the Easter Bunny got them some, not a lot, candy. But, they were happy, and I think they realize there will be plenty at Nane and Papa's house too. Easter has put a real dent in my progress...not that I weighed myself..but I know what went into my body over the past week and it ain't pretty. It's okay...back in the saddle this weekend. The next Zumba class isn't until May 1, in the mean time, I will be dancing it up with the wii.

Our paid in full date for the cruise is looming...some time in July...but, the exchange rate here is starting to have me a little worried. It's nowhere near where it was 15 years ago...back then Canadians had to pay $1.60 to buy one US dollar. It was down to par last year...but now it's steadily creeping back up. The other day I paid $1.13 and they (whoever "they" are) are predicting it going up some more. That's not a huge deal when all you need is a couple hundred...but when you need a few thousand, it's a bummer. Our vacations went up 13% in a few months time. So, we exchange a thousand at $1.12 last month and we need to do another $1,500 to pay off the cruise. I will see what it's at tonight at work, usually a couple cents down from the bank, surprisingly. Hopefully it's down a bit...pixiedust:

Listening to this music, I am reminded of one the things I love, love love:love:, about cruising with Disney...the music that's piped into the public areas...it's all Disney classic music. Just awesome!:cloud9:

If you like listening to Disney Parks music this is a great page on youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2DJR5HYnejHMwRThNHxahQ

I know a lot of folks like the internet radio stations like live365, and they are great, but this is cool because you get to pick and choose what soundtrack or song you want to listen to...right now the exit music from Soarin is playing...:cloud9:

I hope all is well with everyone...

Quick update, just to say there might be some major changes on the way for this trip and thereby this TR.

Can't say for sure if this will be happening, but we may be changing the dates....stay tuned for an update!

Quick update, just to say there might be some major changes on the way for this trip and thereby this TR. Can't say for sure if this will be happening, but we may be changing the dates....stay tuned for an update!
I hope the trip is sooner rather than later!

As hinted, there are major changes afoot! In some ways these are fantastic changes, and in one, not so fantastic....

We have decided to change the dates of our vacation from March 2015 to May 2015...so as you can see by the ticker below, we now have over a year to wait...again....:sad2:

But, with these changes comes some fantastic benefits...they are as stated:

1. The crowd calendars for the March week showed all 9's:scared:
The crowd calendars for the May week are all 5's and one 7 :thumbsup2

2. Flights will be cheaper and easier to find.

3. We will have more time to save.

4. Vacation time at work will be easy to get for this week.

5. Less timeshare points needed for the week in May. And availability will be better as well.

6. May weather tends to be more predictable, both here and in Fl. No snowstorms to ruin flights, and more pool time while we are down there.

Other than the wait being looooonnnnggg again, we will also have to pull the girls from school for a total of 3 days. That kinda sucks, but it's a lot less than what we have done in the past.

The week we picked is over our May holiday weekend. It's the week before Memorial day, it's Victoria Day here in Canada. The girls will be off the Fri and Monday so we will fly in after school on Tue and home on the following Tue (hopefully a late afternoon flight there as well). This way they will miss Wed, Thur and Tue only. This we can work with catching them up and hopefully have work sent home to do on the plane to help.

So, as I said...Major Changes! As sad as it is to move the vacation date further away, there are so many positives with this change that it was worth it.

We are only 2 weeks away from our Vegas trip!! Who's excited? Me and Ferb!!! :cheer2::cool1:

I got some things done on my list of last minute preparations...one thing I totally forgot...
I was thinking how easy it will be to pack for just me and Ferb. Then, duh...I remembered I had to pack for the girls too since they are going to stay with family. :upsidedow That's easy packing, though. They will probably want to do it so they can control what clothes goes with them. Mom always picks the worst stuff.:rolleyes1:confused3

I have a busy weekend here (well, my weekend today and tomorrow). Today I get to go to the movies with some girlfriends this afternoon. We are seeing the one with Cameron Diaz, Other Woman. It should be funny. And then tomorrow I have to take my car in for service. I love my Honda Civic, but boy do they gouge you on the service. It's due for a biggie too...$320! And that's barring them finding anything wrong with it. I really hope everything checks out okay...with my luck my breaks will need to be replaced or something insane like that. But, with that kind of service schedule, Civics have awesome resale value and Ferb is driving a '99 civic and it runs like a top! So, I really can't complain....

Along with these, comes the mundane, cooking and cleaning...:laundy:, but I do need to look into what we are packing for the trip. That gives me time to do any last minute stuff next weekend. I work right up til the day before we leave and that can cut right into the last minute running around. KWIM?

On a sad note, I have been seeing so much destruction in the midwest with all these storms. I really hope everyone is safe and sound. Take care and be safe!!!!:grouphug:

It stinks you have to move the trip back 2 months but so glad you aren't having to totally cancel. And having more time to save is always a good thing. We usually go in May/June and the weather is great. There will be pop up thunderstorms but they usually don't last too long. Plus the rain usually clears out the park. Just keep ponchos handy and enjoy the lower crowds during the rain.
Very exciting that you have only 2 weeks until Vegas. We have been twice and have had so much fun.

It stinks you have to move the trip back 2 months but so glad you aren't having to totally cancel. And having more time to save is always a good thing. We usually go in May/June and the weather is great. There will be pop up thunderstorms but they usually don't last too long. Plus the rain usually clears out the park. Just keep ponchos handy and enjoy the lower crowds during the rain.
Very exciting that you have only 2 weeks until Vegas. We have been twice and have had so much fun.

This will be the second time we have been in May, although this time it will be a bit later in the month. I know that this will bring us into the rainy season for Florida, and I have seen some years where there is so much rain there are practically lakes in MK! :scared: But, it's okay, we will bring our ponchos and water shoes and keep truckin' on...the good news about rain in Disney, most folks stay away and the lines are really short!:thumbsup2

One week from now, we will be in Sin City...:woohoo: Can NOT WAIT!!

Change can be a good thing...I think you pointed out some really good reasons why!

Can't wait to hear about Vegas...hope it all does not stay there!

Oh my goodness....talk about being MIA!!! Sorry, but between getting ready for Vegas and then getting back into real life after, things have been busy here. I will post a mini TR about our jaunt soon...for now, I hope everyone is well...if there are any of you left, that is...:worried:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter