395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012

Some of the things I know we're going to be doing/getting:

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitoffer.aspx
Buying the Photo Pass CD before we leave for DW! Then we get all the photos taken by photopass photographers on CD that we can print for ourselves. :) And it's much cheaper (approx $99) than it is if you wait and purchase it after! (approx $149!) This is a great way for me to be IN the photos without having to hand off my camera to other guests. Plus the Disney Photo Pass photographers can be pretty creative! We plan on having our picture taken as often as possible and get our moneys worth on the cd!

The kids are planning to proudly display their First Visit Buttons! :) Some guests have said these were waiting for them at the front desk when they checked in...that would be cool but I know where in the park to get them for ourselves!

1stvisitbutton.jpg

Love how excited Ava is about her dresses :)

We were in the 70's last year at Pop and really liked it. Not too far away from everything, and very quiet. We were overlooking the foosball guys, which is always a fun thing to see when you open your door in the morning :laughing:

Love how excited Ava is about her dresses :)

She sure is! Closer to the trip she'll be big enough to try them on! Not sure she'll let me take them off though! lol
We were in the 70's last year at Pop and really liked it. Not too far away from everything, and very quiet. We were overlooking the foosball guys, which is always a fun thing to see when you open your door in the morning :laughing:
lol I bet! I'm hoping for a lake view but we don't plan to be in the room alot so it really doesn't matter. All I know is that I'd personally like to NOT have a pool view. That's an upgrade I don't want. hahaha I find it too noisy.

Thanks for joining my PTR! Just finished reading yours! I also LOVE the bags and the shirts! Adorable. We already have a request in for connecting room. I also heard a rumor that they are putting fridges in the value resorts! We are keeping our fingers crossed! Can't wait to hear more!

Thanks for joining my PTR! Just finished reading yours! I also LOVE the bags and the shirts! Adorable. We already have a request in for connecting room. I also heard a rumor that they are putting fridges in the value resorts! We are keeping our fingers crossed! Can't wait to hear more!

Oh how frustrating! I typed a reply to you and as I clicked "submit reply" the board went down for like 1.3 hrs!

Anyways. lol Yeah I also heard that rumour. Fridges and possibly coffee makers in the POP rooms. That would be awesome! :banana:

You're welcome! Thanks for joining in on mine too! :grouphug:

I guess I totally lucked out with the personalized bags from the Disney Store because they seem to have discontinued all of the personalized bags. They still have personalized stuff....but it seems to be more generic stuff that you could make your self at the kiosks at the walmart photo labs. Like mousepads and mugs.

The shirts I JUST bought so atleast you know if you like them you can go get some too! ALWAYS google "disney store promo code" before you shop! I always find something I can use. Only thing that sucks is the FREE SHIPPING doesn't apply unless you live in the US.

Hi! Jumping over here from the October thread.

I'm so excited too! All I think about is Disney, Disney, Disney! Not one day goes by where I don't mention our trip to someone. :rotfl:

Beautiful picture of you & your family. The picture of your parents with Mickey & Minnie is super cute too!

I've stayed in building 3 with a lake view. Super quiet on the lake side of the buildings. Love it!

Looking forward to reading more about your trip :)

I'm so excited too! All I think about is Disney, Disney, Disney! Not one day goes by where I don't mention our trip to someone. :rotfl:

lol Me too!! I am on disboards every single day! For more hours than I want to admit. I check the Disney website and other places. I read my passporters and am already making a "must pack" list. I add to it everyday from the TIPS board!

Beautiful picture of you & your family. The picture of your parents with Mickey & Minnie is super cute too!
Thank you! We just took family portraits last week so I can't wait for an updated picture of us! :) lol There is a picture of my mom blowing kisses with minnie to the camera for my daughter! I'll post it when I have time!

I've stayed in building 3 with a lake view. Super quiet on the lake side of the buildings. Love it!

That is kinda what building I'm leaning toward for my room request! I figure it never hurts to ask!
Looking forward to reading more about your trip :)
Thanks!!! :) :grouphug:

Dun Dun Dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn

The more I look at Art of Animation the more I am 75% sure in a few months time (once I have the pkg for POP almost paid up) I will be switching to AOA! I just love all the amenities (Microwave, Compact refrigerator, Coffeemaker, Hairdryer,Iron and ironing board) that come in the family rooms and having more space and the 2 bathrooms!!! lol

And I mean it looks really cool!

fsa405990LARGE.jpg

I'm not a fan of the AoA suites. I think they went a little over the top with the decor. Plus, I would just stay in a standard room and from what I've heard, those are Little Mermaid decor. I can't stand her for some reason! :laughing:

I'm not a fan of the AoA suites. I think they went a little over the top with the decor. Plus, I would just stay in a standard room and from what I've heard, those are Little Mermaid decor. I can't stand her for some reason! :laughing:

lol My kids think the rooms look awesome. I think my boys would hate staying in a Little Mermaid room. The Family Suites are atleast boy friendly themes. We all love Cars (but that carpet is gross and crazy), Nemo and Lion King!

Just saw the FedEx truck across the street and got all excited! *pout* He drove away without bringing me anything!

lol My kids think the rooms look awesome. I think my boys would hate staying in a Little Mermaid room. The Family Suites are atleast boy friendly themes. We all love Cars (but that carpet is gross and crazy), Nemo and Lion King!

The Cars suites were my least favorite!! Everything looks brown! Some of the Lion King and Nemo suites were ok but just too bright for me to handle for a week. :laughing: Clearly the rooms are geared toward kids!

The Cars suites were my least favorite!! Everything looks brown! Some of the Lion King and Nemo suites were ok but just too bright for me to handle for a week. :laughing: Clearly the rooms are geared toward kids!

Yeah only reason I'd stay at the AOA is because I'd be bringing my 3 young kids. If I had the budget I would be at one of the Animal Kingdom resorts I think! I love animals and it looks amazing.

I'm in!!! I'm on the Oct. '12 thread and saw you started a PTR!! I'm starting one soon, too!:) AoA looks too fun!! We are staying and POP as well, and we might switch over to AoA..or maybe just leave for next time! I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting to do everything I possibly can for our trip that's a year away as I can! lol:rotfl: I am in good company! Can't wait to read more!

I'm in!!! I'm on the Oct. '12 thread and saw you started a PTR!! I'm starting one soon, too!:) AoA looks too fun!! We are staying and POP as well, and we might switch over to AoA..or maybe just leave for next time! I'm so glad I'm not the only one wanting to do everything I possibly can for our trip that's a year away as I can! lol:rotfl: I am in good company! Can't wait to read more!

Welcome! :) And make sure you post your PTR once you start it so I can join yours! I'm just gonna wait a few months and see how the $ situation is. I might switch or I might not! lol I have no idea. I just know we have 8 day park hoppers and I have till April to decide on the ADRs that I want to make!

First day of school is today! Ava had her first day of Kindergarten, Braden was off to his first day in grade 3 and Cole (who had the biggest change) went to a brand new school to start HIGH SCHOOL! They all very quickly let me take a photo each this morning. lol It was really sunny so we went around to the back of the house to find some shade.

first_day_of_school.jpg

:cheer2:

Came home at 7pm to see a DISNEY STORE box...just sitting on my front step. Boy they are trusting that no one will steal it!

The kids shirts are awesome!!!! But mine came in and it was the wrong shirt! *pout* But anyways Theresa at the DisneyStore was awesome and within 10 minutes or so she was making sure the correct shirt would be sent out. She didn't say anything about what I do with the wrong shirt. Do I get to keep it? I'm fine with sending it back if they provide the shipping stuff. I guess I'll see when it comes in! But she never said anything other than "I'm so sorry ma'am. The new shirt will be on its way!" and something about sprinkling tinkerbell dust on my thursday. :lmao: She was really nice!

*the shirt that came in was the Golden MINNIE MOUSE tee instead of the Golden MICKEY MOUSE tee. I can see how they might get confused easily. Only reason I want the Mickey shirt is that it's a very pale golden colour and the shirt they sent (minnie) is a very dark grey. I'd rather not attract the sun!* :cheer2:

Came home at 7pm to see a DISNEY STORE box...just sitting on my front step. Boy they are trusting that no one will steal it!

The kids shirts are awesome!!!! But mine came in and it was the wrong shirt! *pout* But anyways Theresa at the DisneyStore was awesome and within 10 minutes or so she was making sure the correct shirt would be sent out. She didn't say anything about what I do with the wrong shirt. Do I get to keep it? I'm fine with sending it back if they provide the shipping stuff. I guess I'll see when it comes in! But she never said anything other than "I'm so sorry ma'am. The new shirt will be on its way!" and something about sprinkling tinkerbell dust on my thursday. :lmao: She was really nice!

*the shirt that came in was the Golden MINNIE MOUSE tee instead of the Golden MICKEY MOUSE tee. I can see how they might get confused easily. Only reason I want the Mickey shirt is that it's a very pale golden colour and the shirt they sent (minnie) is a very dark grey. I'd rather not attract the sun!* :cheer2:

Yay for Disney shirts! I'm trying to hold off on buying things for the trip, because I think if I started now, I wouldn't be able to control myself! hahaha:rotfl:

But I have decided to order a Disney sun dress this spring, becasue from what I learned here on the DIS, that's the only time they sell them, and they are SUPER cute! But I will definately be buying some other things as well! I LOVE your carry on bags! tooo cute! I might have to get some of those!

I LOVE your carry on bags! tooo cute! I might have to get some of those!

Well to keep the excitment alive (plus I buy usually only things on sale and I always search for promo code discounts) I am ordering from Disney Store once every month or 2.

And unfortunately you can't get the same bags cause they have all been discontinued by Disney! *sad face* I don't know why. :confused3 I can't see they weren't good selling products. But they don't have ANY personalized luggage/bags anymore on disneystore.com

A disney sun dress? Hmmmm I will have to watch for these! lol :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter