395 days of planning all lead up to this! Sept/Oct 2012

Day One:

My plan was to wake up at 8am and then get on the road to Minneapolis. But my father had other ideas and was banging on my house front door at 7am (ugh) and ringing the phone at the same time. Such a pain in the ***. He literally made me follow him the entire way there. My right eye started to water and was so sore and red by the time we got to the hotel 8hrs later. We went to the mall of America and walked around a bit. We had dinner at Tony Romas. It was ok. Nothing too exciting. I let the kids choose a ride and then after we went back to the hotel to sleep.

Not much sleep was had that night as my 9 year old kept yelling in his sleep! Funny but annoying. So we didn't sleep past 3:30am. We got up and got dressed, went down to the lobby and ate and then we got on the shuttle. Our flight was for 7:30am.

We made it to Orlando 25 minutes ahead of schedule. :) Unfortunately we ended up in a HUGE line for Magical Express. It took about 45 minutes until we got on a bus....but we got lucky and were the FRONT of the line which meant we got on the front of the bus. We had a great view of the Disney World sign! :)

We checked in rather quickly (online checkin) and I was happy to find out that we did indeed receive the 2nd floor corner room in Oak Manor and that my parents were beside us in an adjoining room as we were told would happen. What I wasn't expecting was the upgrade from garden view to river view!!!! :dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

Ava was totally surprised and impressed with the Royal Room. The boys liked it as much as 2 boys would like it. But atleast agreed it was like a castle room not a princess room. It's a comfortable room. :)

We then went to the boat for Downtown Disney. We decided to eat at Rainforest cafe. lol All my kids hated it! They kept covering their ears and telling the animals to shut up. lol The storm would happen and they would be like "not again!".

We went to the Disney Store (huge!!!) and decided we were hot and tired so we got back on the boat to the resort. We called it an early night since we were exhausted!

I then realized I wanted to get my Photopass+ card AND my Villains Bash ticket before I went to walmart with Kim! Getting the card and ticket was fast BUT I didn't realize DTD gets to packed! I stood in line for over 45 minutes for the boat!

Sadly it took me so long that I MISSED meeting up with Kim to go to Walmart! :sad2: So I went back to the room for a while. Around 10:30pm I made my way to DHS. Got in with my ticket and then went to check out the race. I was following Jody and Melissa's times on their facbeook pages. Since I had time I decided to go on Toy Story Mania. Since it was a hard ticket party and a LOT of the people were running I was able to WALK ON to TST! I swear it was 2 minutes. We just walked right in and into the ride vehicle. So awesome! :yay:

By the time I met up with Jody it was after midnight and I was exhausted. We quickly met up with Melissa and then I decided to go back to my room. I got there around 1am.

*fhew* It was quite a LONG first day!

:upsidedow

Day One:

My plan was to wake up at 8am and then get on the road to Minneapolis. But my father had other ideas and was banging on my house front door at 7am (ugh) and ringing the phone at the same time. Such a pain in the ***. He literally made me follow him the entire way there. My right eye started to water and was so sore and red by the time we got to the hotel 8hrs later. We went to the mall of America and walked around a bit. We had dinner at Tony Romas. It was ok. Nothing too exciting. I let the kids choose a ride and then after we went back to the hotel to sleep.

Not much sleep was had that night as my 9 year old kept yelling in his sleep! Funny but annoying. So we didn't sleep past 3:30am. We got up and got dressed, went down to the lobby and ate and then we got on the shuttle. Our flight was for 7:30am.

We made it to Orlando 25 minutes ahead of schedule. :) Unfortunately we ended up in a HUGE line for Magical Express. It took about 45 minutes until we got on a bus....but we got lucky and were the FRONT of the line which meant we got on the front of the bus. We had a great view of the Disney World sign! :)

We checked in rather quickly (online checkin) and I was happy to find out that we did indeed receive the 2nd floor corner room in Oak Manor and that my parents were beside us in an adjoining room as we were told would happen. What I wasn't expecting was the upgrade from garden view to river view!!!! :dance3::woohoo::cheer2:

Ava was totally surprised and impressed with the Royal Room. The boys liked it as much as 2 boys would like it. But atleast agreed it was like a castle room not a princess room. It's a comfortable room. :)

We then went to the boat for Downtown Disney. We decided to eat at Rainforest cafe. lol All my kids hated it! They kept covering their ears and telling the animals to shut up. lol The storm would happen and they would be like "not again!".

We went to the Disney Store (huge!!!) and decided we were hot and tired so we got back on the boat to the resort. We called it an early night since we were exhausted!

I then realized I wanted to get my Photopass+ card AND my Villains Bash ticket before I went to walmart with Kim! Getting the card and ticket was fast BUT I didn't realize DTD gets to packed! I stood in line for over 45 minutes for the boat!

Sadly it took me so long that I MISSED meeting up with Kim to go to Walmart! :sad2: So I went back to the room for a while. Around 10:30pm I made my way to DHS. Got in with my ticket and then went to check out the race. I was following Jody and Melissa's times on their facbeook pages. Since I had time I decided to go on Toy Story Mania. Since it was a hard ticket party and a LOT of the people were running I was able to WALK ON to TST! I swear it was 2 minutes. We just walked right in and into the ride vehicle. So awesome! :yay:

By the time I met up with Jody it was after midnight and I was exhausted. We quickly met up with Melissa and then I decided to go back to my room. I got there around 1am.

*fhew* It was quite a LONG first day!

:upsidedow

Next stop you should head to the POR thread and let them know the CMs hooked you up after all. Glad to hear my friends over at POR helped you out after all! Upload some pics when you can. Share them with everyone because a lot of people started subscribing to see them lol.

The lines for ME were LONG!!!! But at least we managed to get on first so we got the front row.

On board the Magical Express!

1214.jpg

1311.jpg

YAY!!! (sorry for the bug guts I did not so subtly hint to the driver to clean the window but he either didn't hear me or chose to ignore me)

1115.jpg

Signs :)

108.jpg

No "welcome home" sign just "welcome". I kinda felt gypped! ;)

95.jpg

Surprising them with the room (ps my new camera SUCKED!)

715.jpg

Some pictures of our amazing 2nd floor CORNER room (2 windows) in Oak Manor! I paid for "garden view" but ended up with a mix of water (amazing fountain) AND...... RIVER VIEW!!! You could see the Sassagoula river from both of our windows and the fountain from the side window. The yard to the right of the fountain was where the nightly movie was played! It was a great spot. And it wasn't far at ALL to the bridge that took you right to the main building!

613.jpg

9247 :)

227.jpg

The window that you can see facing us on the 2nd floor is our 2nd window that faced the River! :)

416.jpg

The fountain we could see from our first window (by the door).

59.jpg

Ava standing in front of the railing right outside our door! See the river behind her? :)

149.jpg

The bridge in front of Parterre Place that we used daily! It was in a great location from our room.

Awesome pictures!! I'm so glad your vacation went so well! Love the room location!! :goodvibes

Looking forward to reading the rest of your TR and living vicariously through you! ::yes::

Cont'd Day One:

We went down to the dock and waited for a boat to DTD!

264.jpg

It's so beautiful at POR! I would never take the bus! The boat ride is so nice and much more pleasant than the buses are!

252.jpg

My oldest must not have realized he was in the picture. lol

248.jpg

My little monkey!

We got really hungry during our travels so we decided to go right into Rainforest Cafe. They seated us (without an ADR on a Saturday night) within 10 minutes. :)

236.jpg

My parents seemed to like the place enough. I thought it was ok. Kinda loud.

196.jpg

But, my kids HATED it. lol Everytime the animals "came alive" they all sat there wishing it would stop!

This is the face I got:

228.jpg

And....

208.jpg

lol

So we ate rather quickly and decided to go check out the HUGE World of Disney store. Braden found many things he liked, especially all the cool hats.

1813.jpg

DTD had a few of these really nice Fall/Halloween displays.

1711.jpg

After this we went back to the resort. I got the kids settled in. I had a few (just over 2) hours until I was supposed to meet my friend KIM at the lobby so I decided to run back to DTD alone with my Photopass+ voucher to redeem my card. Also to grab my ticket at Guest Services (will call) for the Villains Bash at DHS happening that night.

It took me about 25 minutes just to get on a boat to DTD. I remembered where the Guest Services was from seeing it earlier so I headed right there. Stood in line for about 15 minutes and then got my Photopass+ card. The lady was great and made sure I knew to ask about the Magic Shots and other things. Also telling me to take a picture of the card.

I then had to get into the Guest Services line. This one took about 15 minutes as well.

Unfortunately this is where things start to suck. I wasn't feeling good (still) so I opted to head for the boat instead of the bus line. Huge mistake. I waited in line for the boat to POR for 45 minutes!!!! :( I was supposed to meet Kim at the lobby at 9:00pm and I didn't even make it back to POR until 10pm. It was a huge bummer.

So I pouted for a bit before I went to the lobby to get on a "10 mile tower of terror" bus over to DHS since the park was closed already. I was following JODY and MELISSA's times in the run so I had an idea when they would get to the finish line. When I got there I still had about 45 minutes so I went over to Toy Story Mania. Now THIS is something to experience. Because it was a marathon and most people were either running or watching ....I was able to WALK ON (holy moly) to TSM! It took like 45 seconds from start to getting into a car. I should have rode it a bunch of times. lol

I eventually met up with Jody!

1152.jpg

And she looks amazing for someone who just ran a 10 mile marathon!

Not long after that we met up with Melissa. Of course by that time it was after midnight and I needed to get to bed so I went off to the bus to go to POR and sleep! We'd be getting up early the next day!

Day Two:

We were up bright and early but not quite as early as I had hoped. We didn't get to MK as early as I wanted since when we got there I think the crowd was already over 100 people deep. So no family of the day for us. But we got a great spot right at where the 'rope drops' to let you into MK for the day.

We all looked super cute with our matching shirts on!

1410.jpg

We headed right for Frontierland. Our hope was to ride SPLASH MOUNTAIN first! Unfortunately when we got there it was having problems so it wasn't opened yet! So we grabbed FP's for it for later and went on to ride Big Thunder Mountain!

Unfortunately right after BTM I started to feel really sick to my stomach. But we decided to walk a bit. We barely made it past Splash Mountain before we realised it was running. We excitedly got in line and had our very first ride!

Yay you started your TR!

I can't believe your kids hated T-Rex! I love it there LOL. Can't wait to read more!

Sorry got to page 8 and skipped to the TR, I'm sure you were bummed like I was when learning New Fantasyland wasn't going to be open till afterwards, and even more bummed that they soft opened it right after leaving. Enjoying the TR so far

Sorry got to page 8 and skipped to the TR, I'm sure you were bummed like I was when learning New Fantasyland wasn't going to be open till afterwards, and even more bummed that they soft opened it right after leaving. Enjoying the TR so far

So much! I kept saying it looked ready and should be open during our trip. BUt they said December 6th. So I was like...ok we aren't gonna see it. BUT THEN IT OPENS 2 DAYS AFTER WE LEAVE!!!!!! :crazy2: I was disappointed, jealous and kinda mad. Like seriously? Come'on Disney!!!! :furious: lol I'm better now but I still get jealous when I see the posts and pictures and videos....maybe I should stop looking.

HeatherLassell said:
So much! I kept saying it looked ready and should be open during our trip. BUt they said December 6th. So I was like...ok we aren't gonna see it. BUT THEN IT OPENS 2 DAYS AFTER WE LEAVE!!!!!! :crazy2: I was disappointed, jealous and kinda mad. Like seriously? Come'on Disney!!!! :furious: lol I'm better now but I still get jealous when I see the posts and pictures and videos....maybe I should stop looking.

That's exactly how I felt, I've been avoiding looking at pics and videos so hopefully when DD and I get there it'll be really really new, where this past trip I did so much research, even though a lot was new , it would of been nice to be more surprised. So my advice stop looking lol, also nice to meet a fellow hockey/ Disney fan , if the realignment ever happens our teams will be division rivals ( Nashville )

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter