3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR! Home

I am SO close to having my day one plans done and up! Soon my readers (if any of you are still around! I'm SO sorry!)

I've been MIA from the Dis for the last 6ish weeks, in that time I've had a baby, finished and gotten an A in advanced statistics and helped plan and stand as the maid of honour in my sister's wedding-no big deal! LOL

But now I'm back, I've caught up on the threads I follow and in the process came across some very exiciting info! The CARS family suites at the new Art of Animation are opening early on June 18th (instead of the projected end of July that they told me when I originally booked!) Logan LOVES cars. We only debated momentarily because the CARS buildings are slightly further from the main building and main pool. But since this trip is all about Logan we decided to go for it. I called today and made the changes!

I also added Ellie to the reservation and booked the Magical -I'm pretty excited about that service, I think its going to be really convenient!

Our trip is 71 days away and I'm getting so excited! Its time to really get planning! I hope to be updating much more often now that I'm doen school and hoem with my kiddies.

Eliya has grown a lot already! Here are a few receant photos of the kids to hold everyone over until my next trip plan post is up!
matching Pjs
Eliaeaster135.jpg

me and my babies at my sister's wedding this past weekend
564960_10151596737010096_506155095_24551934_1680202366_n.jpg

he's a great big brother always close by!
april1212083.jpg

in their Easter best!
Eliaeaster265.jpg

my princess is one month old!
Eliya1month004.jpg

Up Next Day One:Travel and our first park!

Wonderful news. Yay to staying in the new Cars room. That will be awesome for Logan. Eliya is already a month old and even more beautiful than before. Cannot wait to read more.

Logan looks like he is a great big brother.
whew, you have been busy, but I'm still here reading along.

Your pictures are adorable. Love the one month picture. I am sure the Cars buildings will be great! Can't wait to hear about them!

What a sweet family you have - congrats on the new little one. She's beautiful!

Wonderful news. Yay to staying in the new Cars room. That will be awesome for Logan. Eliya is already a month old and even more beautiful than before. Cannot wait to read more.

I'm super excited that they are opening early "for us!" LOL! Thanks, Eliya is a lot of fun! But boy is 2 a lot of work some days!

Logan looks like he is a great big brother.
whew, you have been busy, but I'm still here reading along.

I'm glad your still reading! I am hopeful that now that life has settled (as much as it can!) I can post more! I'm eager to get on with the planning!

Your pictures are adorable. Love the one month picture. I am sure the Cars buildings will be great! Can't wait to hear about them!

Thanks! I love dressing Ellie up, but I'm surprised at the limited Disney abby cltohes! Looks like I'll have to do some etsy shopping for Ellie! LOL We are so excited about the new resort!

What a sweet family you have - congrats on the new little one. She's beautiful!

THank you & Welcome!

We debated between driving and flying. I actually LOVE roadtrips and wasn’t too terrified by the thought of a 20 some hour drive with two under three, however the thought of four adults and two littles in one vehicle TERRIFIED me! LOL! I went online and watched some prices and was THRILLED when I was able to book a flight for all of us roundtrip including luggage for $1000! Two and some hours in a plane sounds much more enjoyable, plus Logan is obsessed with airplanes and is very excited about this part of the trip.

We will have a VERY early morning, our flight is at 8:55 am, and with needing time to park, cross an international border etc on the way we will be likely leaving our house by 5ish am! That will take some organization on my part! Its 4 adults to 2 kiddies, so hopefully that works in our favour! We hope to make it with 2 suitcases (one for us one for the kids) although if I need to pay for a 3rd that’s fine too. Our plan for the airport is to have Logan in a small umbrella stroller and for one of us, likely me, to wear Ellie. If she needs to sit in the stroller at some point that would work since it has a nearly full recline. I’m REALLY hoping that the 3 (4 counting Ellie) of us will be seated together. I think Logan is as excited for his first plane ride as he is for Disney!

We arrive in MCO at 11:20 am, we will be taking the ME to the new AoA resort.Its silly how excited I am for the ME, but it just sounds so convenient and again Logan is in love with transportation of any type I expect him to be pretty excited about this as well!

wdw_magical_express.jpg

I figure it will be at least 1pm before we get to the resort so perhaps we will grab a quick snack at the airport to hold us over, or perhaps as soon as we get to the resort. I have requested CARS building one as it is closest to the main building and Nemo pool.

Hopefully our suite is ready and we can freshen up a bit before heading out for the evening. Of course I will have our park bag with us and ready just in case that doesn’t work out!

Perhaps to some people’s surprise our first park will NOT be MK. We will be heading to Epcot and focusing on the Future World Section. I mostly plan for this to be a laid back and relaxing afternoon & evening without a whole lot of to do’s. We will be returning to the park later in the week so I think this is manageable. We have 2 must do’s for this day and they are the seas with Nemo & Friends ride and Turtle Talk with Crush. Logan isn’t too into Nemo just yet but I’m hoping we can watch it a few times before the trip and he will be a bit more excited. He loves sharks and fish right now so he should like it either way!

crush2.jpg

The other things to do if we have time and L seems interested are Journey into Imagination with Figament, Imageworks, Club Cool, and perhaps the Character spot if timing works out! If we are hot or Ellie wants to nurse we may take advantage of Spaceship Earth as well!

In between of whatever attractions catch our attention we will be having dinner at the Garden Grill! This will be Logan’s first birthday meal! I have marked each meal this week as a celebration, I’m hoping he doesn’t get sick of it-or too confused! I’m really excited for this meal and for Logan’s reaction to the characters!

GARGRILL_1_998.jpg

If everyone is up to it and the kids are in good moods we may stick around for Illuminations. If we are too tired or the kids have reached their limit we will head back to the hotel and leave that for another night in the week! I’m hopeful we can hold out and watch the show tho, it will free up some evening space later in the week. After Illuminations I am sure we will all be ready for bed, we will head back to our resort and get some rest in anticipation of an early morning!

2544080443_e5f6231cb8.jpg

Up Next:Day Two Animal Kingdom

Great first day plans, sounds a little laid back and flexible. Wonderful way to tour the parks.
I do hope you get to stay for Illuminations though.

I prefer flying to driving for long trips as well. On top of the fact that the total trip is shorter, the kids have more freedom to move around a little. They cannot get up at all in the car. We are driving when we go to Disneyland. I am more worried about that than I was flying alone with Connor. It will be Connor's first time being confined to his carseat for that long, and my first long trip with both kids.

I think the Cars building is early for you.

I am not one of those people who feel trips need to start at MK, so I see nothing wrong with starting at Epcot. The best park to start at is the one that fits into your plans properly. The reason you're starting there is yours and always valid. Turtle Talk with Crush is an awesome show. We did the Garden Grill with Xander on a previous trip, and he slept through the whole thing. One day, we need to do it again.

Great first day plans, sounds a little laid back and flexible. Wonderful way to tour the parks.
I do hope you get to stay for Illuminations though.

its not natural for me to be laid back but I think with 2 littles and my in laws in tow its the best route to go to make the trip as enjoyable as possible! Thankfully this isn't a once in a lifetime trip for us, we will be back and I can just add whatever we don't get to to my plans for the next trip!

I prefer flying to driving for long trips as well. On top of the fact that the total trip is shorter, the kids have more freedom to move around a little. They cannot get up at all in the car. We are driving when we go to Disneyland. I am more worried about that than I was flying alone with Connor. It will be Connor's first time being confined to his carseat for that long, and my first long trip with both kids.

I hope the trip goes well for you! I agree flying is a bit easier with little ones!

I think the Cars building is early for you.

I think so too! It was meant to be!

I am not one of those people who feel trips need to start at MK, so I see nothing wrong with starting at Epcot. The best park to start at is the one that fits into your plans properly. The reason you're starting there is yours and always valid. Turtle Talk with Crush is an awesome show. We did the Garden Grill with Xander on a previous trip, and he slept through the whole thing. One day, we need to do it again.

Our second day of the trip will be at Animal Kingdom. We primarily picked our park days based on crowd predictions and some touring plan sites, I made our ADRs mostly around these recommendations. I spent some time at this park over 13 years ago and it’s a first time park for everyone else in the group. Lolo is especially excited for this park and I expect it will be a hit with Logan as well.

We hope to be up early and have a light breakfast in the room/on the go. We aim to be at the park for the 9am opening. Probably along with everyone else we will head over to Kilimanjaro Safari first and grab fast passes, with those in hand we will check out a few other attractions before getting on the safari a little later in the morning.

KSAF_1_998.jpg

With two little ones and the need to fit in nursing breaks along the way we are going to keep it somewhat relaxed. I know it will be hot and busy, so I’m hoping that going first thing in the AM will work well for us. I hope to hit most of the attractions in the morning before it gets too hot.

We have a lunch ADR at Tusker House at noon. I am excited for this. Donald is arguably Logan’s favourtie character so I know he will be excited to see him. I have been reading several TRs with photos from restaurants and character meets to help prepare Logan, he says he’s going to hug the characters, I’m curious to see if he will. I’m hoping we can cool down and relax a bit while filling our tummies!

donald.jpg

After lunch I debated between heading back to the hotel for a swim/nap break, and we may decide to do that if necessary. However, I really think that all of us, especially Logan of course would enjoy Mickey’s Jammin’ Jungle Parade. It’s at 3:45 pm and if we all hold up I would like that to be our last attraction, we will head back to the resort after the parade.

MJJ_1_998.JPG

In between lunch and the parade we will fill our time with either or both Finding Nemo the Musical and/or Festival of the Lion King. I figure these will be cool relaxing activities for the afternoon heat. Sometime in the day we may also check out the Character Greets as well and if Logan gets antsy we will let him burn off some energy at the boneyard.

large_NEMO3.jpg

Tusker House should (hopfully) keep us full until dinnertime however we will have some easy snacks for Logan on hand as well as bottled water. Of course we will likely use a snack credit for an ice cream or another yummy snack of Logan’s choice.

After the parade we will head back to the resort. We have no real “plans” for our evening, we will relax, likely swim and then head somewhere for dinner. We have hoppers so we could really go to any counter service location, although we will likely either stay at the resort and try to relax or head to Down Town Disney and possibly check out WPE.

We will aim to settle in relatively early in anticipation of an early and exciting morning!

A quick summary of our goals for our only Animal Kingdom Day:
Must Do
Kilimanjaro Safari
The Boneyard
Tricertop Spin

Like to Do
Its tough to be a bug
Festival of the Lion King
Finding Nemo-The Musical (we really hope to see at least one of these shows!)
Pangani Forest Exploration Trail
Maharajah Jungle Trek

Maybe Do
Kali River Rapids
Flights of Wonder

Up Next:Day Three Magic Kingdom!

Hello! It's nice to have you back now that you've created life, rang in a new one and (sorry can't come up with a life connection to stats!)

We enjoy Magical Express! I highly recommend getting a snack at the airport before boarding if anyone is hungry. It's hard to say when the bus will pull out. One trip, we sat and sat. Another trip, we barely hopped on and pulled away.

Garden Grill is one of my family's favorite restaurants. We've enjoyed Tusker too!

Does Logan nap? Your Animal Kingdom day is pretty full! I like that you have the must dos / high priority/ low priority.

It's very exciting that you were able to change to the Cars rooms!

Hello! It's nice to have you back now that you've created life, rang in a new one and (sorry can't come up with a life connection to stats!)

We enjoy Magical Express! I highly recommend getting a snack at the airport before boarding if anyone is hungry. It's hard to say when the bus will pull out. One trip, we sat and sat. Another trip, we barely hopped on and pulled away.

Garden Grill is one of my family's favorite restaurants. We've enjoyed Tusker too!

Does Logan nap? Your Animal Kingdom day is pretty full! I like that you have the must dos / high priority/ low priority.

It's very exciting that you were able to change to the Cars rooms!

Yes it is full and if we have to cut out the parade and abandon plans I won't be heart broken!

I was going to (and may still!) write a post about how flexible Logan is! He likes his sleep but will and always has slept anywhere! He tells us he's tired and closes his eyes! LOL!

He often takes late naps as well, like 3-5 or 4-6 pm, we are slightly unconventional with bedtime especially during summer months! We are busy and often on the go and like the flexibility it gives us. We are both also nurses and therefore shift workers so it makes it hard for us to have a solid schedule. For these reasons I'm not too concerned about late nights and disrupted naps! He is very likely to fall asleep while we are there or on the way back to the resot! Hopefully Miss Eliya takes after her brother in these matters!

Looks like an awesome day. Frequent breaks for nursing are a good idea, since this is mostly an outdoor park and you are going in July. Sounds like an awesome day. I just looked it up and see that Tusker House does have Donald at lunchtime now. That's good. I hope Logan does hug Donald, and you get excellent pictures of it.

Joining in!! Your little ones are SO CUTE! I'd love to see more pics!! My baby girl is about 3.5 months old - about the age your little Ellie will be. I'm absolutely loving her age right now! You're going to have a blast. Have you started shopping for cute outfits for her and Logan?

Glad to hear Logan is a great napper - that would be my only concern about my Aria. So far she's a great napper while out and about, so I just hope it continues for our trip, and hope Ellie takes after Logan!

Anyway looking forward to reading more!

The Animal Kingdom is great but if you want to do the parade, I'd say leave at around 11 for a nap/swim/lunch and come back at 2 or 3 - there is something about the animal kingdom - It is HOT! Hotter than any of the other parks for some reason, maybe it's all the plant life making it more humid? I don't know but the last two times I've been there we have had to leave early because of overheating. Even just walking to the shows to get into the air conditioning was difficult. We've done Disney with a 6 week old in March and my only worry on that trip was making sure he stayed hydrated...
Looking forward to hearing more!
:)

546136_10151732577960096_506155095_24797367_1106714559_n.jpg

I just HAD to share this photo it makes me smile. Ellie ALWAYS sleeps like this with her little hands together like a princess! She's ready for Disney!

I'm working on day 3 plans and should have them up very soon!

Thanks everyone for the input! I appreciate it and will add it to my daily sheet of notes/tips for the parks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter