3rd Birthday with a 3 month old! July 2012 PTR! Home

Our Disney Hollywood Studios Day! This park often is skipped or given bad reviews in trip reports I’ve read but I’m really excited for it! This IS Logan’s park! When he was 2 he was obsessed with Toy Story, he of course loves cars and is on a new Monster Inc. kick! He is going to LOVE this park!

We plan on an early morning and a quick breakfast on the go. We will hopefully be at DHS for rope drop. I’m sure we will make the same mad dash everyone else does for TSM fast passes. Other must do’s in the park are Voyage of the Little Mermaid, playhouse Disney (Logan LOVES all of these characters!) and the stunt show. The possible list includes beauty and the beast, and the honey I shrunk the kids play area if Logan needs to expend some energy! The parade is at 3pm so again another maybe, depending on the day/weather/kids. Of course we will also be in search of some favourites, Woody, Buzz, lightening, mater if we are really lucky Mike & Sully!

We have an early lunch reservation at 11am at Hollywood & Vine, I know some of the reviews of this place are only soso and some are bad however I want Logan to be able to meet characters he recognizes, and this is certainly the place for that! I also hope to get in a snack from starring roles! I’ve decided that each day I’m in Disney I will need to try a different cupcake!!

Either before or after the parade we will head back to AOA for rest and maybe a swim. Dinner is a CS somewhere, if we hadn’t made it to DTD earlier in the week perhaps this will be the night. Otherwise we will eat at the resort, or maybe for fun Les & I will venture to another resort, I really want to explore AKL a bit so perhaps The Mara? I’m open!

We would possibly like to see Fantasmic one night this week. I’m not sure which night, we don’t have a lot of evening plans in stone, it shows twice a night each night we are there so if the kids/weather/ILs are cooperating and the stars align perhaps we will sneak it in sometime! If not then there’s always next time!

Our trip is only 11 days away! I'm getting excited and slightly stressed! I plan on pulling out the suitcases this week and to start packing.

Logan is LOVING taking his Mickey heads down, I am most excited to see his reaction to everything!

I am taking a cake decorating class and he asked that I make a Mickey cake..
282641_10151858972745096_1979960780_n.jpg

We've also made these which were fun!
photo9.jpg

OF course life is wonderful and busy everyday. Miss Eliya is growing way too quickly and is a happy talkative girl. She is really starting to notice things around her which makes me so excited for her experiences on the trip as well!
She's been sleeping really well at night in her rock n play, I'm a little worried about how she will sleep without it, she may end up in the bed with us.

Here are a few receant pictures of my lovies

Having a tea party, one of Logan's favourite activities, do you notice who is on that tea pot, my boy picked that our himself, and his daddy was man enough to emrabce it! :love:
314102_10151820525385096_488553728_n.jpg

555551_10151887403595096_1677216690_n.jpg

562119_10151861314460096_1515154404_n.jpg

529654_10150902129057401_523405488_n.jpg

I've been busy (not) updating my own PTR. :rolleyes1

I had to reread because it's been so long. :flower3: Your plans look great; you seem to have factored in the "we'll see what the kids can handle" well.

Although it might be tough to see the 3:00 parade, I remember MK has another parade that rolls through multiple times a day. I looked it up on the calendar and didn't see it, but I know in December we went to see the castle lighting 6ish. A parade was just finishing...

Something else I thought of that I wanted to post...It's tough to be a bug might be scary for Logan. (My kids at 6-1/2 were all about TOT, Everest, etc. but ITTBAB freaked them out.)

Happy Countdown!

I love Hollywood Studios. It is my favorite park. Not only does it have some of my favorite rides there (ToT, TSMM and RnRC), but I love all of the shows and fun things to do there. Xander loves the animation academy, Playhouse Disney and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playgorund set (which we actually skipped last trip). I love watching Fantasmic there too, since it has dedicated seating unlike Disneyland. You will have a great time. Logan will too. We spent most of the day waiting in line for characters there. Next time, we will try to hit the character stops early in the morning.

Xander adored eating at H&V. He loves Handy Manny, so it was nice for him.

I love the cake and the mousekeeping envelopes. Your kids are beautiful. The teapot is adorable.

I've been busy (not) updating my own PTR. :rolleyes1

I had to reread because it's been so long. :flower3: Your plans look great; you seem to have factored in the "we'll see what the kids can handle" well.

Although it might be tough to see the 3:00 parade, I remember MK has another parade that rolls through multiple times a day. I looked it up on the calendar and didn't see it, but I know in December we went to see the castle lighting 6ish. A parade was just finishing...

Something else I thought of that I wanted to post...It's tough to be a bug might be scary for Logan. (My kids at 6-1/2 were all about TOT, Everest, etc. but ITTBAB freaked them out.)

Happy Countdown!
Thanks for the tip on Its TOugh to Be a bug, perhaps we will skip it.

I'm not going to stress about the parages, hopefully we catch one at some point, who knows how much he will even like them. If he loves it we will try harder to make the rest. Its going to be a lot of fun either way!

I love Hollywood Studios. It is my favorite park. Not only does it have some of my favorite rides there (ToT, TSMM and RnRC), but I love all of the shows and fun things to do there. Xander loves the animation academy, Playhouse Disney and the Honey I Shrunk the Kids playgorund set (which we actually skipped last trip). I love watching Fantasmic there too, since it has dedicated seating unlike Disneyland. You will have a great time. Logan will too. We spent most of the day waiting in line for characters there. Next time, we will try to hit the character stops early in the morning.

Xander adored eating at H&V. He loves Handy Manny, so it was nice for him.

I love the cake and the mousekeeping envelopes. Your kids are beautiful. The teapot is adorable.

I really hope we can fit in the RnRC I remember really enjoying it the one time I did it before.
Logan loves Handy Manny as well so I hope he really enjoyes H&V. He can be shy at times, I'm hoping that by day 5 he's warmed up and can really enjoy himself!

Our trip is next week! Its creeped right up on us! I'm working on finsihing up my plans and packing. I need to do one last shopping trip on Sunday. The next 4 days are so busy, but I'm SO excited. Logan has been talking about the trip non stop. I'm not even really sure how mcuh of this he understands but I can't wait to see his reaction to everything.

Day 6-Back to the Kingdom!
We are back to Magic Kingdom for our last full day of magic. It will be a bright an early morning, we have 8:05am reservations at Crystal Palace! Again I’m super excited! Logan has never been a big Winnie the Pooh fan but he knows the characters well enough so it should be fun. The main reason I made this ADR is for the empty-ish park photo ops! I hope they are as good as I anticipate (and it is NOT storming, the weather forecast is pretty yucky for next week!) This is our only planned breakfast of the trip and I’m excited for it because I LOVE breakfast food. I hope to try some of the puffed French toast and just about every other yummy thing I can find!

We will head over to Tomorrowland since we don’t plan on doing it on our previous day here. Logan is really into outer space and the likes at the moment so we will do the astro orbiter and Buzz at least once each and I will likely appease his request to do them more then once if he so wishes. Then we will head back over to Fantasy land and spend sometime doing anything we missed or want to do again. We may also stop for some character greets if anything along the way catches our eye! After some fun we will head back to the resort early hopefully by 11ish, we need some rest before we head back!

After naps and or a swim (and cool down likely based on the weather predictions) we will head back to MK for Logan & Les’ appointments at Pirates League! Logan insisted that his daddy go with him to become a pirate and warmed my heart when his daddy whole heartedly agreed-anything for his boy! We will do Pirates of the Caribbean once my pirates are done their transformation and plan a CS dinner, I’m think wither Columbia Harbour House, Cosmic Rays or Peco Bill’s depending on what we feel like. We will redo any of our favourite rides and hopefully meet a few more characters, I’m also hoping to catch the show in front of the Castle. Our plan is to stick around for the MSEP and Wishes, I really hope we can all hold out for it. This is our last night so I think we can do it, as long as the weather cooperates!

Sounds like an excellent day. I love that you have relaxed plans almsot everyday. It is better to anticipate less and do more than the other way around. :yay: Your trip is almost here. I cannot wait until Connor is old enough to do the Pirate's League. Xander hated it, so we need some family redemption. Hope Logan and Les love it.

I'm trying out the new iPhone app!! Like I didn't spend enough time on here before....
I'm sorry I didn't get day 7 plans up-it's pretty simple tho we have no plans! Our flight home is not until 6:30 pm so we will head out in the morning to whichever park Logan wants to revisit!
We leave in just a few hours we have everything packed and I'm beyond excited!!

I'm trying out the new iPhone app!! Like I didn't spend enough time on here before....
I'm sorry I didn't get day 7 plans up-it's pretty simple tho we have no plans! Our flight home is not until 6:30 pm so we will head out in the morning to whichever park Logan wants to revisit!
We leave in just a few hours we have everything packed and I'm beyond excited!!

I just downloaded that iPhone app a few days ago myself. It seems good so far. Have an awesome time on your trip. I am so excited for you and cannot wait to read all about it. Having a relaxed day without many plans sounds magical.

Hope you are having a BLAST!!!! Love the latest pictures, can't wait to hear all about the trip!

We are home! Our trip was wonderful, we didn't melt or get TOO wet! LOL

Logan's party went great too! I am just finishing up editing my PP+ photos and will be starting my TR soon. I will link it here when I do if anyone is interested in reading along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter