3rd Time's the Charm!? A 2014 PTR *NEW 11/21!*

Your government doesn't sound any better than ours. I'm sorry that you had such rudeness to deal with. :(

Your plans sound great! I am so happy that you got an early ADR for Crystal Palace...such a wonderful thing walking on an empty Main Street. And you will love Boma...it's a favorite of ours.

We love Earl of Sandwich...you can't go wrong there.

That awful about the passport office. Its just terrible when dealing with people like that! I hope it goes alot more smooth on the next attempt!

Yay plans! looking good!:goodvibes

Geeze... the passport thing sounds like a huge PITA. Sorry.

The good news though is that the trip is coming up fast and the plans look great! I see several baby friendly meals in that list! :thumbsup2

It is a PITA! But now we wait and hope that they move quickly because November will be here before we know it. I hope that the meals are baby friendly, we didn't try and book Narcoossee's or anything so I think that we should be good lol

Your government doesn't sound any better than ours. I'm sorry that you had such rudeness to deal with. :(

Your plans sound great! I am so happy that you got an early ADR for Crystal Palace...such a wonderful thing walking on an empty Main Street. And you will love Boma...it's a favorite of ours.

We love Earl of Sandwich...you can't go wrong there.

Thanks Kathy. I hope it will be all straightened out soon. I am so excited to walk down an empty main street - I told DD that would be a wonderful time to take her first steps :rotfl2:

That awful about the passport office. Its just terrible when dealing with people like that! I hope it goes alot more smooth on the next attempt!

Yay plans! looking good!:goodvibes

It is awful, and it happens far too often, but hopefully next time will be much better and we have that passport soon.

Hello again!

I am an updating machine lately!!

I decided to take out all of E's clothes that I have for our trip to see how many outfits she has and if there is anything else she might need (clothing wise) before we go. Because she is a baby, I knew that we would want more than one outfit per day, plus we have special outfits to coordinate with certain meals :rotfl: So all in all, she has about 20 outfits, not including any of her regular pants and onesies that we will bring as extras :scared1: I would say that is plenty for a week long trip!

So here are some pictures, if you can handle the cuteness!

First up is E's suitcase. On sale at Target, and so adorable. We might not take this with us, but put it in the vehicle that is driving and I'll just keep a few outfits in my bag for any changes while traveling. But the details will still need to be worked out.

Next up is her bathing suit ($7! Woop!), an Ariel hat that she got a while ago as a gift, but should fit her great for the trip, a few of her hair bands, mouse ears, and a little sensory book that she will love.

This outfit is for the plane. We like traveling in these types of outfits because we go from cold Canadian weather to the nice Florida sun, so it is nice to be able to take pieces off easily.

And here is E's Cinderella dress that our TA picked up for us while she was in New York. It is pretty big on her, but this will mostly be just for fun because my little cousin really wants to match E. So we can take some pictures and have a little fun.

Here are a couple of pictures of some other clothes, most of them Disney themed (are you surprised?)

My mom used this next dress on the diaper cake that she made for my baby shower, and I got to thinking that it would be a great outfit for MVMCP!

So I will have to try all of these on her as the trip gets closer to make sure that they fit. She has been really slow with her weight gain but we think we have a good idea of her sizing now. A lot of these outfits still have tags on just in case lol

In other trip news, we got Mickey mail today!

The usual package with information about our trip, magic bands, important dates, etc. Nothing new, but exciting nonetheless.

I contacted our family friend who we are renting the points from, so I will have our room paid off in the next week or so, and that will definitely be nice. I have to admit though, that I am still a little afraid that this trip won't happen, after postponing it so many times. I have to go back to work in January, but I've started to do a bit of job searching already because conditions are so awful around here. I really don't want to go back to my old job, and I have my degree now, which may or may not help. I've had a couple of possible opportunities come onto my horizon lately, and if a really good job comes knocking, I can't turn it down because of how hard it is to get a job around here, and the fact that it will be more valuable to our family over the years, when we can always just rebook a trip. Most places are pretty understanding about already having a trip booked, but you never know, it is always a fear in the back of my mind.

And to finish this off, here is a 6 month picture of E for your viewing pleasure.

I want to resume ending my updates with my To-Do list, so here is that...

To Do
- Get DDs passport photo re-taken and send in forms
- Make a full packing list
- Make a list of photopass locations we plan on stopping at
- Work with my camera to get familiar some settings I will need for AKL and fireworks
- Figure out what all DD has for clothes that will fit her while we are there DONE
- Currency exchange for tips and souvenirs
- Finalize FP+ plans

Oh my goodness! She's such an adorable munchkin!! ::yes::::yes::::yes::

Now I really can't wait to see her in her outfits!! (You are doing a TR right? I always just assume if there is a PTR there will be a TR)

Your FP+ is coming up soon! Good luck with the planning and the plotting!!

The outfits are absolutely adorable...I can't pick a favorite because they are all so cute. I LOVE the party outfit.

I cannot believe E is 6 months already and she is just absolutely precious. princess:

She is adorable!! Mickey mail is always exciting no matter how big or small it is. Love all the outfits and nice deal on getting the luggage on sale.

Nothing wrong with taking way too many clothes for the baby. You'll probably need most of them by the time it's all said and done anyway. :lmao:

Good luck with the job search. I wouldn't worry too much about finding something good and they want you to start right away so you have to re-book. I'd think that most places are pretty understanding that you had something planned already and would work with you. And quite honestly, if they wouldn't want to work with you on something like that, it might not be someone you want to work for long term anyway. I know you can't always pick and choose, but something to consider. :confused3

Oh my goodness! She's such an adorable munchkin!! ::yes::::yes::::yes::

Now I really can't wait to see her in her outfits!! (You are doing a TR right? I always just assume if there is a PTR there will be a TR)

Your FP+ is coming up soon! Good luck with the planning and the plotting!!

Thank you :) I do plan on doing a TR, but we will see if that works out or not :rotfl:

The outfits are absolutely adorable...I can't pick a favorite because they are all so cute. I LOVE the party outfit.

I cannot believe E is 6 months already and she is just absolutely precious. princess:

Thank you Kathy :good vibes I can't believe she is that old already either, it has flown by. I bet you feel that way about your boys all of the time too!

She is adorable!! Mickey mail is always exciting no matter how big or small it is. Love all the outfits and nice deal on getting the luggage on sale.

Thank you! I agree, Mickey Mail is the best mail :)

Nothing wrong with taking way too many clothes for the baby. You'll probably need most of them by the time it's all said and done anyway. :lmao:

Good luck with the job search. I wouldn't worry too much about finding something good and they want you to start right away so you have to re-book. I'd think that most places are pretty understanding that you had something planned already and would work with you. And quite honestly, if they wouldn't want to work with you on something like that, it might not be someone you want to work for long term anyway. I know you can't always pick and choose, but something to consider. :confused3

Can never have too many clothes with a baby, and that is especially true for reflux babies haha

I like the way that you think! It is true that you might not want to work for a place that is inflexible like that. But this is my first time looking for "grown up" jobs so it is a little intimidating and I'm not completely sure what to expect.

Just wanted to post a quick little update about the progress I made today.

So after the whole passport ordeal, I went yesterday to try and get DD's photo retaken. The place was great about it, but the girl who was doing it just couldn't get a good shot. So I said not to worry, we would just try again another day. So I went back in today. It took some work, but we got one that was decent. I'm still not convinced that this picture is better than the original, I think that we got a nasty worker that day who turned the photos down for no good reason. But in the end, the new photo was accepted so E should have her passport in a couple of weeks.

And I also paid our family friend for the DVC points today, so our room is paid off! :cheer2: I've still got to pay for tickets and dining, but at least that is one major thing done.

So this update probably isn't the most fun to read, but I am really excited to have both of those things done!

Just wanted to post a quick little update about the progress I made today.

So after the whole passport ordeal, I went yesterday to try and get DD's photo retaken. The place was great about it, but the girl who was doing it just couldn't get a good shot. So I said not to worry, we would just try again another day. So I went back in today. It took some work, but we got one that was decent. I'm still not convinced that this picture is better than the original, I think that we got a nasty worker that day who turned the photos down for no good reason. But in the end, the new photo was accepted so E should have her passport in a couple of weeks.

And I also paid our family friend for the DVC points today, so our room is paid off! :cheer2: I've still got to pay for tickets and dining, but at least that is one major thing done.

So this update probably isn't the most fun to read, but I am really excited to have both of those things done!

I'm glad you got the passport settled.

And great news on paying off the hotel today. :goodvibes

Getting the passport done is a huge relief! Happy it went well! Also nice to have the room paid off! :cool1: Now you can concentrate on FP+!!!! :goodvibes

I'm glad you got the passport settled.

And great news on paying off the hotel today. :goodvibes

Me too! I was starting to get worried, our trip is only a couple of months away now!

Getting the passport done is a huge relief! Happy it went well! Also nice to have the room paid off! :cool1: Now you can concentrate on FP+!!!! :goodvibes

It really is a relief, and I'm sure I will feel even better when it arrives in the mail. I have been thinking about FP+ and DH even suggested looking online at all of the things we want to do (this is amazing because he is not a Disney fanatic like me). I still haven't nailed plans down yet, but I've got a better idea.

Yay for checking things off the list. It's always nice when things start to come together.

Hello again!

I feel like I don't have a whole lot to update even though the trip is getting closer and closer.

I've started working on a packing list. I have never been a light packer, so having a baby with me is going to be a real packing challenge :rotfl:

Normally by this time on my trip ticker, I would be almost all packed. Or at the very least, having my packing list printed, my suitcase out, and things that I won't be using until the trip thrown into it. I guess I'm still adjusting to having a baby around!

I have been still job hunting, and applied for a few things, but I don't think that I'll be getting a new job before this trip. So, at least I shouldn't have to worry about starting a new job and getting time off.

Related to that, we are also going to be bringing in some more money, which makes me feel so much better. DH is finally getting the raise that he was supposed to get months ago when he finished his certification. And I've found a way to bring in a little bit of income on my own right now. So there will be enough extra coming in that I will feel much better about going on a trip while I'm still on maternity leave.

We can pick our fast passes in a couple of days. I still haven't gone to buy our tickets :scared1: I'm not concerned with getting FP+s for things like the mountains or everest, or any of the real big headliners so I don't think it will be a big deal if we don't go buy our tickets in time for that FP window.

I think that's all for now! I'm sorry this report isn't more exciting. Maybe I need to learn how to GIF, or add in a game or something to get readers more interested. hmm... lol

Sometimes there are more important things to do than update a PTR. Especially when you're in this point of planning when there's virtually nothing to talk about.

I'm glad that the money situation is looking better so that you can relax a little and not worry as much. Good luck with your continued job search.

Agreed with afwdwfan, sometimes more important things then a PTR!

I can't imagine having to pack for a baby:scared1: I wish you all the luck with that lol! Packing list will be your best friend with that I'm sure!

Good luck on the job hunting! Its so hard to do, but I'm sure its hard knowing you'll be leaving on vacation as well!

A new baby to enjoy while on maternity leave is much more important than keeping us entertained on a PTR (you can save that for the actual TR!).

I leave a week from today and I've hardly gotten anything set aside for the trip, so don't feel bad.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter