4 Days, 4 Parks and 4 Years in a Row…Here We Go!! July 2012 Update 7.1.12

Sounds like y'all had a great last day! Even if the meal wasn't the best. I'm glad the rain didn't last into the night either.

I can't believe your trip is coming up so fast! You'll be back before you know it! :yay:

Okay, I have never done Its Tough To Be a Bug. Animal Kingdom wasn't there when I was little and we just didn't have time in Feb. I am TERRIFIED of spiders. You said "when the spiders dropped".....what does that mean? Should I skip this "show"?

Not sure how I got so far behind (again!) but I'm all caught up now. I remember the "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" from your original trip report. :sad2: We all have them once in a while. There have been a couple of times when I seriously (not!) considered ditching my whole family for a while!:rotfl:

Can't believe how close your trip is. I'm excited for you and I will live vicariously through your vacation until mine gets closer!

It's hard to see one of your kids go sooo far away I'm sure but what a great opportunity to visit Australia. I would totally try and pull that off!!:thumbsup2

I love how Madison is all super chill in that Dinosaur photo. I don't think I've tried that one yet. :lmao:

Sounds like y'all had a great last day! Even if the meal wasn't the best. I'm glad the rain didn't last into the night either.

I can't believe your trip is coming up so fast! You'll be back before you know it! :yay:

I was worried the rain would ruin the evening but it cleared completely by the time we had finished resting!! And actually I kind of enjoy the rainy days because the parks tend to empty!!

I can't believe how fast this trip is approaching either! Of course my life has been so chaotic lately!! Keith and I were discussing the trip this afternoon and I told him I really need to look over everything! Usually I am obsessed with the planning but work has me otherwise occupied. Anyone who knows me realizes how chaotic work is to keep me from Disney planning!! :rotfl:

Okay, I have never done Its Tough To Be a Bug. Animal Kingdom wasn't there when I was little and we just didn't have time in Feb. I am TERRIFIED of spiders. You said "when the spiders dropped".....what does that mean? Should I skip this "show"?

SPOILERS!!! ;)

We love this show and I DO NOT like spiders, roaches or anything creepy crawly!!! Tips I find useful (can't remember where/who to credit!): Sit in a slumped position. This is important at the end because things "poke" you in the lower back area and it can hurt! Air puffs around your feet as bugs "exit" also at the end of the show. And the spiders are huge furry things that drop from the ceiling but they do not touch you, breathe on you, spit on you or otherwise bother you. I actually did not notice them the first time I saw this show.

Then there are wonderful smells!!! :rolleyes1

Otherwise there are cute friendly bugs that make us laugh! It really is a fun show!

Not sure how I got so far behind (again!) but I'm all caught up now. I remember the "Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day" from your original trip report. :sad2: We all have them once in a while. There have been a couple of times when I seriously (not!) considered ditching my whole family for a while!:rotfl:

Can't believe how close your trip is. I'm excited for you and I will live vicariously through your vacation until mine gets closer!

It's hard to see one of your kids go sooo far away I'm sure but what a great opportunity to visit Australia. I would totally try and pull that off!!:thumbsup2

I was wondering if anyone would remember that post! :rolleyes1 I decided to not dwell too much on the bad but I suppose it had to be mentioned!! :guilty: I hope I am planning enough down time that we can miss major meltdowns this year! I also hope I learned some great lessons last year too though!

It feels very close! We have a lot going on between now and July 4th so I imagine the time will fly!!

Keith is taking it really hard and everything reminds him Evan is gone far away! But modern technology is grand and we have Skype and Facebook to make it feel like he is at college. It is a little easier since he lived away for college this past year and we can pretend he is just there! :) I really hope we can work something out!!

I love how Madison is all super chill in that Dinosaur photo. I don't think I've tried that one yet. :lmao:

When I look at this picture I think it looks like we are thinking "Eh, if you have seen one dinosaur you have seen them all! No big deal, we have them back in Mississippi!" (Well we have some dinosaurs but not that kind!! :lmao:

We love this show and I DO NOT like spiders, roaches or anything creepy crawly!!! Tips I find useful (can't remember where/who to credit!): Sit in a slumped position. This is important at the end because things "poke" you in the lower back area and it can hurt! Air puffs around your feet as bugs "exit" also at the end of the show. And the spiders are huge furry things that drop from the ceiling but they do not touch you, breathe on you, spit on you or otherwise bother you. I actually did not notice them the first time I saw this show.

Ummm....yeah, I might have to skip this one. I don't know....maybe I could find a nice strong drink before I go in :lmao: Okay, thanks for the *spoiler*. It is good to know :)

Ummm....yeah, I might have to skip this one. I don't know....maybe I could find a nice strong drink before I go in :lmao: Okay, thanks for the *spoiler*. It is good to know :)

You are very welcome!! I think there may be soem good choices for that drink in AK! :rotfl:

Sorry I have sort of neglected this report!! Life seems to be moving at warp speed lately thanks to very long, long work hours!! Which also leads me to say that I have definitely redirected my line of thinking on my "plans"! I will have my plans at my side ready to go and I definitely will be doing Rope Drops considering only 4 days and I know the huge benefits of RD BUT I have decided that this vacation is going to be about relaxation! I need the break and I plan to enjoy myself but missing out on attractions I had hoped to see/ride will not cause an anxiety attack!! I hope to have a peacefully paced vacation!!! Now we will see if I can actually accomplish that!!

So on to plans for Days 5 and 6!!!

Day 5- Wednesday, July 11

This day will begin bright and early since we are heading to Animal Kingdom for EMH!! Rope Drop is at 8am and I think this will be a great way to see this park since it can get so hot by midday!!

So what are my goals for the day? Well the things we have done before like...

IMG_2821.jpg

Where I can see my favorite animal!!

IMG_2836.jpg

IMG_2785.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

IMG_2766.jpg

Pangani...

IMG_2670.jpg

and

IMG_2800.jpg

Plus a few new things like Flights of Wonder and Nemo (which Keith will be given the choice of 1)taking a nap, 2) finding something else to do, or 3) sitting through the show with no negative comments!! ;))

The "plan" is to leave around 1pm and then head back to the resort to swim a bit.

Then for dinner we will ride the boat to DTD for supper at one of Keith's favorites!!

IMG_2533.jpg

IMG_2516.jpg

IMG_2542.jpg

Maybe we will do some shopping, walking around and then we will head back to POR to see Yee-Haw Bob!!

Day 6-Thursday, July 12

This day will begin with EMH 8am RD at Magic Kingdom!! This will really be my only chance at MK this trip and I will only have a few hours!! I plan on leaving Keith at the resort unless he chooses to join us.,,but one requirement: BE NICE!!!!! Evidently Keith REALLY REALLY doesn't like MK and so I want to enjoy my few hours there!! :snooty:

So what do I hope to do? Let's see...

IMG_1776.jpg

IMG_1780.jpg

IMG_1768.jpg

IMG_1746.jpg

IMG_1470.jpg

IMG_1407-1.jpg

Plus Big Thunder Mountain, It's a Small World and hopefully the Enchanted Tiki Birds as a new attraction! It all depends on time!

Then we will probably break at the resort a while before heading to

IMG_2276.jpg

Where we will literally do whatever strikes us or we feel we have missed. We have ADRs at

IMG_2158.jpg

Well...behind those guys at Les Chefs de France!! Then we may hang around to see Illuminations or else tour some more while everyone else watches the show!

And that will be our final day.....

Okay, okay we have Friday which I hope to drag out and may try to convince a slow drive back with maybe an overnight stay. :confused3 But I have made a breakfast ADR for Friday morning. That is still tentative but I am hoping to end the trip differently than past years...or maybe it is just because I won't be ready for the real world quite yet! :scared:

And THAT is our last day!! :goodvibes

...I have definitely redirected my line of thinking on my "plans"! I will have my plans at my side ready to go and I definitely will be doing Rope Drops considering only 4 days and I know the huge benefits of RD BUT I have decided that this vacation is going to be about relaxation! I need the break and I plan to enjoy myself but missing out on attractions I had hoped to see/ride will not cause an anxiety attack!! I hope to have a peacefully paced vacation!!! Now we will see if I can actually accomplish that!!

Why not try to do both? Make rope drop each morning and hit the park hard until just after lunch. Then go back to the hotel to relax, dip in the pool or get a massage. After your nap or whatever, then you can hit the parks again and go until closing. Sure, you won't get much sleep but you can sleep when you get back to Mississippi!! :thumbsup2

Sounds like good plans to finish up the trip! :thumbsup2 I hope you get some relaxing moments. I always say I'm going to slow down at Disney. Maybe it'll happen one of these years. :laughing:

Sounds like a great plan!

Maybe you guys can have a relaxing afternoon at the resort after AK? We always get it done in half a day.

I can't wait to hear how you like Les Chefs. I've wanted to try it for a while!

It's really hard for me to "relax" while at Disney World because I keep thinking of things that we could be doing. :upsidedow but I think you're going into the trip with a good way of thinking and knowing that you'll have to miss some things. I'm anxious to see how you like Les Chefs. We walked by it this past trip and said "why haven't we tried eating there before?".

Great plans and I think deciding ahead of time to just roll with it (you've already got great experience at that now from the Band Trip) at least some of the time is very freeing. I'm a planner too but some of the most fun we've had on our trips has been spontaneously deciding to do something unplanned. Riding a surrey bike around the lake at Boardwalk comes to mind. We laughed so hard we cried!!

I hope things slow down a little before you leave but whatever happens, I know you'll have a GREAT vacation at the World! pixiedust:

P.S. You will write a report, right???

Why not try to do both? Make rope drop each morning and hit the park hard until just after lunch. Then go back to the hotel to relax, dip in the pool or get a massage. After your nap or whatever, then you can hit the parks again and go until closing. Sure, you won't get much sleep but you can sleep when you get back to Mississippi!! :thumbsup2

I like your line of thinking!! :thumbsup2 I am really considering the massage part!!

Sounds like good plans to finish up the trip! :thumbsup2 I hope you get some relaxing moments. I always say I'm going to slow down at Disney. Maybe it'll happen one of these years. :laughing:

Thanks! I always say I want to slow down to but there is so much I don't want to miss! Once I get there I am raring to go, go, go!!!

Sounds like a great plan!

Maybe you guys can have a relaxing afternoon at the resort after AK? We always get it done in half a day.

I can't wait to hear how you like Les Chefs. I've wanted to try it for a while!

I am hoping for a relaxed afternoon after AK also! I had thought about adding another park since we will have Park Hoppers and we also finish it in half a day! But then I decided not to plan that and we will just see what happens! I am excited for Les Chefs also! It has been on my list to do for a while!

It's really hard for me to "relax" while at Disney World because I keep thinking of things that we could be doing. :upsidedow but I think you're going into the trip with a good way of thinking and knowing that you'll have to miss some things. I'm anxious to see how you like Les Chefs. We walked by it this past trip and said "why haven't we tried eating there before?".

It is so hard to "relax" at Disney! I sure hope I can try though! The closer it gets the more I am ready for it!! :goodvibes

Great plans and I think deciding ahead of time to just roll with it (you've already got great experience at that now from the Band Trip) at least some of the time is very freeing. I'm a planner too but some of the most fun we've had on our trips has been spontaneously deciding to do something unplanned. Riding a surrey bike around the lake at Boardwalk comes to mind. We laughed so hard we cried!!

I hope things slow down a little before you leave but whatever happens, I know you'll have a GREAT vacation at the World! pixiedust:

P.S. You will write a report, right???

I think the band trip is what has gotten me to thinking that this really could be a possibility! I do want a plan because it scares me to not have one to lean on!

I definitely plan on doing a TR! I hope to have the band trip one completed when I leave and can work on a new one! I think I have had something going endlessly for 3 years now (almost) so it is like an appendage!! :rotfl:

It would not be a vacation for this family if there weren't last minute changes!! As a matter of fact yesterday morning as I was on the phone with the WDW Reservation people, Chris made a comment that "Ya'll love to make changes at the last minute!" So just what changes were we making? Well, let me go back to Saturday night. I actually have been trying to figure out how to stretch this trip out to Saturday. I had been thinking of options and last Thursday night I made a comment while Keith and I were riding in the car...

Me: "I have been thinking that maybe we could take a scenic route home."

Keith: "But it is already a long trip home. What would be scenic anyway?"

Me: "Driving along Hwy 98 and the Gulf. And it wouldn't be a long ride. We could split it into two days and spend an afternoon at the beach."

Now I am not a huge beach person but this idea had really been taking shape. I had investigated lots of places along the coast and the state parks around St. George, Port St Joe and Mexico Beach looked unhurried and scenic. Then I found a good deal for a beachfront room at Panama City!

Friday Keith calls me and says he has been thinking and this idea seems pretty good. We could discuss it that night. Well we didn't really.

Now we are at Saturday night! Keith had spent the afternoon mowing the lawn and for some unknown reason this puts him in a GREAT mood! :confused3 I don't like yard work unless we are burning so I can't fathom where the good mood comes from! :scared: Anyhow, we are on our way out to eat dinner and I decide it is a good chance to go over the plans for Disney!

I want him to be aware of what we have planned and speak now on the things he doesn't like so I can cancel now! As I go day by day (very quickly!) he begins repeating it something like this:

"Saturday: we get up, drive to Orlando. Breakfast at McDonald's and stay at a hotel. Dinner at the beachy place...is there beer?" Sunday: Epcot where there is beer and then supper at.....the, uh..... (Me: Ohana)...oh yeah Ohana and then back to Epcot and the beer". Monday: sleep, swim, and relax then go to the singy dancy place where they had good food and beer. Tuesday: Indiana Jones, Toy Story, eat in the cars and Chris and I go see the cars explode while you go see the little girl mermaid. Then we go to Epcot where they have the German beer. Wednesday is Animal Kingdom and then supper at the dinosaur place. Thursday: you all leave me by myself while you go to the nightmare place and then we go to Epcot."

But that is where he stopped because he suddenly said::idea: "Why should we pack up and stop overnight? Let's just have another free day and leave Saturday!" Me: "Uhm, SURE!!!" :woohoo:

So Sunday morning I call and extend our stay one more night!!!!

Now this is the best part!!! :wizard:

Our new plans will be inter changeable between Wednesday and Friday. One day will be a relaxation day (right now Wednesday) with the evening at T-Rex. The other (right now Friday) will begin at Animal Kingdom. An early dinner at Rainforest Cafe (AK) and then we will head to Epcot to get beer :upsidedow, watch Illuminations and then ride Soarin' (if The Land is open late like it is right now) before heading back to the resort! What is the best part of this? THIS PLAN IS ALL KEITH'S IDEA!!!!! :goodvibes Yes, you read that correctly!!!!

So obviously, he has made his desires known: beer (that makes him sound like a drunk, alcoholic lush which he really isn't....he just likes to joke he has to be "drunk" to suffer through the trips to Disney!), he wants to eat at the dinosaur place (TRex), he wants as much time at Epcot as possible, he wants no part of Magic Kingdom and he wants to try Soarin again and also not miss ToT, Indiana Jones or TSMM. Oh and one rule for me: I am not to get mad at him over something stupid! :rolleyes1 Guys just can't let things go!! :cool2:

So there you have it! These changes are GOOD ones!!! :yay: And I now have 17 days until we leave (I never changed my ticker)!!! I am so excited!!!

So here is my Friday conundrum: I had made 9am ADRs at Boma. I have four options I am looking into:
1) Leave the Friday 9am ADR and head to AK after we eat with a late start
2) Try to see if I can get an earlier Friday ADR by checking back frequently. This would allow us to get to AK sooner.
3) Cancel the ADR entirely and forget eating here this trip (it was a last minute ADR made to try and drag out the trip but also a good excuse to get Keith to Animal Kingdom Lodge!)
4) Move the ADR to our day off at a little later time, eat and then head back to the resort to swim and whatever before going to DTD and T-Rex for supper.

So do you guys have any ideas on the matter or options I may have not thought of?

I am ready to begin soft packing any day now!! Because soft packing leads to the real packing!!

:woohoo: Extra Disney Time! :woohoo:

That is so exciting! And your trip will be here before you know it.

As for the ADR conundrum, I would probably do option 4 (moving it to a later time on the off day). If that's not a possibility, then I would maybe consider just canceling it. But, no matter what you decide, I'm sure y'all are going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

Yay! Wish I could get my hubby to ask for more Disney time :thumbsup2 I agree with Amanda....I vote for option 4. A later meal on an off day so you have time to explore AKL a little before or after then just head back and relax by the pool. Of course...after eating at Boma, you might need a bigger swimsuit :lmao:

yay for more Disney time! And Double Yay! for your DH suggesting it!!!!

I don't know what I'd do. I have a hard time "relaxing" at WDW. I'd probably keep the ADR just so that I could get everyone up and moving so that we could squeeze in the most stuff on our "down" day. :rotfl2:

:woohoo: Extra Disney Time! :woohoo:

That is so exciting! And your trip will be here before you know it.

As for the ADR conundrum, I would probably do option 4 (moving it to a later time on the off day). If that's not a possibility, then I would maybe consider just canceling it. But, no matter what you decide, I'm sure y'all are going to have a fantastic time! :goodvibes

I am always about extra disney time even if park days aren't included. That is why we think we want the last day (Friday) to be a park day rather than Wednesday!

My fear is the trip is goign to be OVER before I know it!! :eek:

I am definitely leaning towards option 4!

Yay! Wish I could get my hubby to ask for more Disney time :thumbsup2 I agree with Amanda....I vote for option 4. A later meal on an off day so you have time to explore AKL a little before or after then just head back and relax by the pool. Of course...after eating at Boma, you might need a bigger swimsuit :lmao:

Keith really surprised me on this one so I didn't hesitate!! I think option 4 is probably going to win out! I have eaten supper at Boma and it was very good! I do want to explore the resort some and it may work after the meal so I can fit into that swimsuit!! :rotfl:

yay for more Disney time! And Double Yay! for your DH suggesting it!!!!

I don't know what I'd do. I have a hard time "relaxing" at WDW. I'd probably keep the ADR just so that I could get everyone up and moving so that we could squeeze in the most stuff on our "down" day. :rotfl2:

I was so proud of him for the suggestion and for making a plan too! :yay: I find it hard to "relax" too since there is so much to see and do and I want to do and see it all!!

Well look at Mr. Keith actually making a suggestion to add more Disney time! I'm proud of him. What'd you do? Slip him a little something something in his drink? Hypnotize him? Seriously, I'm excited for you guys. It's always nice to add an extra day to any vacation especially a vacation to Disney.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter