4 Generations….3 Families…2 First Trips…1 (Hopefully) Amazing Trip

LadyntheTramp

Mouseketeer
I have been tossing the idea of doing a pre-trip/trip report around for a few weeks. :rolleyes1 I think I finally decided to do it because this is a trip I want to make sure I document in the end. Also, even though I have a 7 page spread sheet laid out I think it will be nice to have my ADRs and Fastpass+ set-up in another location. Also, it will be nice to have some place to write about any exciting finds that I come across in the next few months.

Background: This trip had been moved and modified several times and I am so excited that it is finally happening (and honestly a little terrified). :scared::cool1: This will be my first trip with little kids! I am sure they will do great but it will be different. This trip will also be celebrating mine and my brother's birthdays that are at the beginning of December.

So without further ado…The Cast:

Myself: I am the planner and coordinator of this trip, but there is no way I could do this trip without my amazing travel agent from Wishing Well Travels given that we are going with two kids under 3 (one of which isn’t even born yet.) I have been going to Disney World since the 90’s and love everything about it. :earsgirl:

Favorites:
Movie: Lady and the Tramp (obviously)
Food: Nutella Waffle (I dream about these things and my husband even makes them for me through out the year.)

DH: My husbands first trip was in 2012 for the food and wine festival. He fell in love with Disney and can’t wait to take our kids. He helps with the planning but mostly leaves that up to me. He is simply amazing and does all the cooking so he looks forward to vacations where he doesn’t need to cook. He also loves the fireworks at Disney…He loved Wishes so I hope the new show is just as good.
Favorites:
Movie: The Lion King :simba:
Disney Food: Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake from 50’s PrimeTime.

DD: Our daughter will be just over 2 when we go. She is traveler already and has made 6 plane trips in her short little life. She is super easy going and a thrill seeker. We just love watching her learn and she always points out Mickey. We are also hoping to get her first haircut at the Barbershop. We are also hoping she makes the 35 inch mark for the Barnstormer because we think she will love it. I personally am most looking forward to her riding Dumbo! :dumbo:

Favorites:
Movie: Moana
Disney Food: Who knows..but she eats or at least tries everything except hard boiled eggs and she's not a big chicken fan…lol

DBaby: The second child will be arriving sometime in July/August, conveniently between ADRs and FastPass + dates…lol (I am planning on using maternity leave to plan the FastPass and days..lol.)

Grandma and Pap: My mom and dad will be coming on this trip as well. They love Disney and are so excited to take their grandkids to Disney. They don’t get to see the grandkid/kids as much as they would like since we live across the country from them, so this trip is a big deal! Not sure what they would pick as their favorites, since they just love Disney. They are both very excited to see Disney at Christmas! We as a family always went in May/June.

Uncle: My brother will be joining us as well. He is an avid Goodwill shopper and enjoys buying Disney gifts for DD. This trip was originally going to be for him as a graduation gift but obviously that got changed when we had DD. He is also her godfather and adores her to no end. He is a trivia buff and usually makes trivia games for our Disney trips. His favorite restaurant is 50s Prime Time.

Aunt: My sister may also be taking along but it totally depended if she finds a job.

Gigi: Finally, my grandmother, our DD great-grandmother will hopefully be coming on this trip. My grandma loves Disney and has gone on the last several trips. She is in her 80s but is definitely not slowing down. She has a social engagement almost every night and has visited us across the country several times! We will be renting a wheelchair for her as we have the last few trips. We also told her this time would be more laid back since we have the two littles, she always worries about holding us back.

So all in all..that will be 4 generations and 3 families if everything goes as planned. party:

Time: We are going the end of November and it will be everyone’s first time experience Christmas at Disney, which is exciting for everyone. We are also planning on staying in the All Star resorts and using the dining plan. The best news with this plan was we snagged free dining (Thanks to our amazing travel agent!) and save thousands on this trip!

I think that is enough for the first post. I will likely be posting again soon as our ADR date is quickly approaching and I will be sending the family a newsletter with all important information.

:earsgirl:Mickey Mail!! :earsboy:
Mickey mail should be arriving at my family's houses today! I love planning so I wrote a letter outlining our trip and added a few details.

The mail included a letter outlining the plans including FP, MagicBands, Dining, and Special Christmas Events!
Letter 1.jpeg Letter 2.jpeg

I also included lists of all the FP rides color coded for the parks and restaurants that accept the dining plan.
Restauants.jpeg FP.jpeg

Finally, I had a forum that they can fill out their FP and dining requests!
Forum.jpeg

I can't wait to talk to everyone this weekend! Only about two weeks until we can making dining reservations! :sulley:

With having so many extra hands to help, you definitely shouldn't have any problems with young children. The first time I took my daughter to a Disney park she was 18 months old and my son was 3 months old for his first visit to WDW. When my daughter was 3, she was frightened of most of the rides. (Even Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh.) My son basically slept the entire time and we just put him in the bjourn on most of the rides. One day I accidently forgot diapers and they didn't have his size in the baby center, so I had to go around and ask other mom's with babies if I could get a diaper or two from them.

Have fun planning!

With having so many extra hands to help, you definitely shouldn't have any problems with young children. The first time I took my daughter to a Disney park she was 18 months old and my son was 3 months old for his first visit to WDW. When my daughter was 3, she was frightened of most of the rides. (Even Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh.) My son basically slept the entire time and we just put him in the bjourn on most of the rides. One day I accidently forgot diapers and they didn't have his size in the baby center, so I had to go around and ask other mom's with babies if I could get a diaper or two from them.

Have fun planning!

Thanks! It nice to here about experiences with two kids that are about the same age. Also, I am glad we are going to have extra hands so many extra hands to help.

180 Days to go!
Yesterday was our ADR day and our wonderful travel agent was able to make all our reservations!

Day 1 -
Breakfast at BOG - I love this castle and I really wanted to get in the park early since this is the Saturday after Thanksgiving.

Day 2 -
50's PrimeTime Cafe - This is a family favorite. I made a reservation for later in the week but will likely cancel it.

Day 3 -
Garden Grill - We are hoping to convert this to a candlelight processional package when they are available. This one has also been on my wish list for awhile.

Day 4 -
50's Prime Time Cafe (maybe) - We are debating this day or earlier in the trip.

Day 5 -
Art Smith's Homecomin' - Art Smith is one of my favorite chefs so I am really excited about this one. Plus it will satisfy all the picky eaters in the group.

Day 6-
Tusker House Breakfast - This is DH's favorite breakfast! We also wanted to do another character meal. Right now our DD loves the characters from a distance but not so much up close..so we thought the character meals would be a nice balance for her.

Day 7 -
Spirit of Aloha - This was a special request from Grandma and Pap. I know this show gets iffy reviews on these boards but we enjoyed it the last time we went. I also think DD will like the show.

Day 8 -
Skipper Canteen - We are debating do lunch or dinner this day so as of right now I have a reservation for both.

They only changes we made were that we decided to hold off on the HEA dessert party. I really want to go but with 6 or 7 adults it gets pricey. I am also not sure how the DD and Dbaby will hold up to all day plans.

Finally, our travel agent was able to get a reservation at the barber shop for us. I want to get DD first haircut while she is at Disney. Her hair is long but I think we can hold out a few more months..lol.

I am so excited that we go everything we wanted! I think this is going to be a fabulous trip and I just hope everyone can make it (specifically aunt and Gigi)...lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter