4 WDW Resorts to allow dogs

Classic, so now you will have people requesting to be in Alligator bayou building 26, 1st floor corner room, facing the west and away from dogs.

I was able to get some more info on the dog situation.
  • Guests can travel with dogs on magical express but dog must be in a pet carrier

The number of times pets are supposed to be in crate in an airplane and they are not staying there.... Or at the airport...

I am pretty alergic to dogs. When I board a plane, I'm taking so much medecine that I am almost a zombie. I can not afford to do that for the whole trip.

My issues is not with the rules.. If people were following the rules, things would be fine.

We are staying at the Beach club with shares facilities with the Yatch club... I am nervous.

I don't have a problem with this, however I think Disney will need to monitor closely to ensure people aren't just leaving their dogs in a hotel room for 12+ hours while off in the parks.

I LOVE my dog and would love to travel with him, but I have no plans to ever bring him to Disney World because that's not fair for him, nor is it fair to my pocketbook because I don't want to spend an extra $50-$75/day plus the cost of him being at Best Friends doggy day care each day because I'm not cruel.

I never met a dog I didn't like. I've loved all of the dogs that have been a part of my family. I would describe myself as a dog person.

But I really don't think dogs have any place on a typical Disney vacation. The typical Disney vacation often demands you spend most of your waking hours away from the room. Being locked alone indoors for that many hours per day is no vacation for a dog. Taking a long round-trip during the day to take care of the dog is no vacation for the family.

Ugh, that's not good. I was thinking about how that would work with WDW's very high occupancy rates.

Which if you think about it, it's exactly why it's written this way. Basically they will try to keep dogs in an area, but if push comes to shove, they will take the extra $50-$75 a night and inconvenience those who pay less (man I'm so cynical right now).

I don't have a problem with this, however I think Disney will need to monitor closely to ensure people aren't just leaving their dogs in a hotel room for 12+ hours while off in the parks.

I LOVE my dog and would love to travel with him, but I have no plans to ever bring him to Disney World because that's not fair for him, nor is it fair to my pocketbook because I don't want to spend an extra $50-$75/day plus the cost of him being at Best Friends doggy day care each day because I'm not cruel.

Here's the thing...what is disney selling?

A predetermined ride reservation system that fills in advanced...with rationing.

So you can't get soarin/testrack...or midway mania/rockinrollercoaster...

So what's the best way to get around that? Rope drop.

But there's more..."fabulous" Halloween and Christmas parties...starting and going at night

But more...early mornings magic and after hours magic...more "exclusive" fun...

And what better way to "experience" old fireworks displays and shows but prelimium cocktails and cupcakes?

It's all fringe add ons these days...add ons extend the days.

It's not the right place for dogs...it's just not. Just another Pandora's box to backstop other bad business segments.

Which if you think about it, it's exactly why it's written this way. Basically they will try to keep dogs in an area, but if push comes to shove, they will take the extra $50-$75 a night and inconvenience those who pay less (man I'm so cynical right now).

But it's not good enough...

Jeez, it's like nobody else around here spent years of their life balancing room inventories, dealing with complaints, and handing out compensation at hotels owned and operated by the Walt Disn...

...oh, nevermind :sad2:

Last edited:
No...that will come from the damage caused by fracking...

It's a worthy wdw policy debate, in all seriousness.

Much more useful than the "how magical is POR?" Nonsense going on over at the travel boards

Maybe. I'm more of a "wait and see" person so all the dire predictions of lawsuits are a bit much.

Maybe. I'm more of a "wait and see" person so all the dire predictions of lawsuits are a bit much.

Oh I agree on lawsuits...

But this looks like a bad decisions knowing wdw clientele the way I do...and the list of "precautions"
Posted looks poorly thought out.

When's the start date again? I missed that...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter