$40/day and DDP

fakereadhed

The Tag Fairy has me on "ignore"!
There is a lot of discussion about value of DDP. I was watching Rachel Ray $40 a Day the other night and thinking that's about what the DDP costs/day. Not bad! Especially considering it's a themepark. :teeth: What do you think?

Not sure what you are asking? :confused3

DDP includes only two meals a day. I'm not familiar with Rachel Ray $40 a Day; maybe its eating 3 meals a day for $40 or less??

I did see in the book description that 5-star meals are also included (probably not every day) in Rachel Ray's plan. The high quality restaurants at WDW require 2 TS credits with the DDP.

The DDP is a good value for certain eating habits/plans; we eat for less than $38 per day when visiting WDW.

fakereadhed said:
There is a lot of discussion about value of DDP. I was watching Rachel Ray $40 a Day the other night and thinking that's about what the DDP costs/day. Not bad! Especially considering it's a themepark. :teeth: What do you think?

Ha - I thought the same thing when I was watching her show the other day! Since we are doing about one character meal a day, the DDP more than pays for itself just in that one meal - especially when it's FREE!!! :banana:

(In case you're wondering, Rachel goes to a city and spends $40 a day for all of her meals, including desserts, snacks and sometimes "adult" drinks.)

I know what you mean!! I love that show and I'd love for Rachael to try and spend $40 a day at Disney!! :rotfl:

Just had to share this photo of my girls with Rachael:
girls1.JPG

I thought the same thing! I actually said, "HA! Rachel! I can get lunch, snack and dinner at DISNEY for $38 a day! Neener!" :-)

I love that show, but never thought of the connection to the DDP - very observant. I personally think will we get more bang for our buck than she can on some shows - and considering it is WDW - that is great - it would be neat if she did a show there - better yet, one from each park!

Have you ever noticed how little she tips her servers? Barely 10% sometimes. I do enjoy the show and seeing the differnt places.

Have you ever noticed how little she tips her servers? Barely 10% sometimes. I do enjoy the show and seeing the differnt places

Yes, she doesn't tip well. She also cheats a little - like going into the kitchen and getting her own food and then not tipping. I love the show (and all her other shows), and I have thought about $40/day at WDW. Other than with the DP, it would be pretty hard to do. I guess if you did a buffet for one meal and a CS with just a glass of water for another you could do it. I bet we don't ever see her at WDW though. Now if they had an $80/day show...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter