40 is a FANTASY! Chunkeymonkey & Chubbyhubby STAR WARS cruise and POLY Feb 2016 TR Link Added!!

Looks like you guys had a great time! That room looks amazing, and that bathroom! I'd love to soak in that bathtub :love:

I'm really excited to see the movie now, but unsure of when we'll actually get to go...

Can't wait to hear about your FP selections!

Wow, that sounds like an amazing 40th birthday for your DH! What a fantastic, memorable day in NYC! I have yet to see the new movie, but DH has seen it twice and Izzy saw it with him the second time. I'm sure I'll come along one of these times. :rotfl: Your hotel suite looks amazing! :faint: We have a Fogo de Chao here too, but haven't been there yet - it's on the "someday" list, though! Yum! Anyway, glad you had a great day!

What an amazing birthday celebration!! I love that hotel suite...so cool!!! And the movie and dinner...I can't think of a better way to celebrate. We have a brazillian steakhouse like that in Toronto and it's so good...but I'm always so full I swear I will never eat again.

Ok all caught up, that suite is amazing!!! I would lock myself in it and refuse to check out ;-)

Happy birthday to your hubby, so glad he had an awesome night!! I'm not a Star Wars fan so I haven't seen the movie (dh and our oldest daughter went a couple days after Christmas) but I'm glad you had such a great reaction to it! Liked your pie chart lol

Yeah the moving truck came on the 20th! o_O :scared:I may have had zero productivity this week in an attempt to recover. :rotfl:

Hope your move was good!

Looks like you guys had a great time! That room looks amazing, and that bathroom! I'd love to soak in that bathtub :love:

It was amazing! I did take a soak in the tub :)

I'm really excited to see the movie now, but unsure of when we'll actually get to go...

you have to see it! It's sooo good. I just saw it for the 3rd time in theaters! Yes. I am one of those people LOL. But my excuse was that I had to take chunkysis to the movie and she didn't want to go alone. :cutie:

Can't wait to hear about your FP selections!

FP+ post coming soon!

Wow, that sounds like an amazing 40th birthday for your DH! What a fantastic, memorable day in NYC! I have yet to see the new movie, but DH has seen it twice and Izzy saw it with him the second time. I'm sure I'll come along one of these times. :rotfl: Your hotel suite looks amazing! :faint: We have a Fogo de Chao here too, but haven't been there yet - it's on the "someday" list, though! Yum! Anyway, glad you had a great day!

The movie is sooo good! wow Izzy saw the movie too? Was she scared? My friend took her kids (8 and 4 yrs old) - and they were scared!
Our suite was amazing!! It was definitely a treat. Fogo de Chao is really good! Thanks!!

What an amazing birthday celebration!! I love that hotel suite...so cool!!! And the movie and dinner...I can't think of a better way to celebrate. We have a brazillian steakhouse like that in Toronto and it's so good...but I'm always so full I swear I will never eat again.

Thank you!!
LOL I know what you mean. All this AYCE is waaaay too much food but we keep coming back for more. It's certainly the case at WDW too!

Ok all caught up, that suite is amazing!!! I would lock myself in it and refuse to check out ;-)

Totally contemplated this. Had to drag me out kicking and screaming:rotfl2:

Happy birthday to your hubby, so glad he had an awesome night!! I'm not a Star Wars fan so I haven't seen the movie (dh and our oldest daughter went a couple days after Christmas) but I'm glad you had such a great reaction to it! Liked your pie chart lol

Thank you!! I found the pie chart on FB. I didn't actually create it but it was perfect!
You should see the movie! Even non-Star Wars people liked it. One of my sisters has barely watched any of the previous movies and still really enjoyed the film as it's well-made and the visuals are great!

PTR Update 1/6/2016: Park Plans including FP+!!

45 days until Disney Cruise on the Fantasy!
52 days until WDW Vacation at the Poly!

Took a cue from @Elevationist to put a countdown on my updates as that makes it seem more REAL that I'm going on an epic birthday trip in less than 2 months!

Happy New Year! Hope you all had a great time celebrating. I just spent time with my family at my sister (Chunkytwin2)'s house. I must be getting old because it was only 9pm and I was getting tired and wondering when it was going to hit midnight already! Luckily I managed to stay up and watch the ball drop in Times Square on TV and have some champagne too! On New Year's day, DH and I took Chunkysis to see The Force Awakens! (Yes it was our 3rd time, but it was all for the sake of educating my sister. And yes it was still as good as the first time - I still love the darn movie and cannot wait to see it again on the cruise). Chunkysis really loved it too. She's finally caught up on all of Episode IV to VII now so she'll actually know who most of the characters are during our Star Wars Day at Sea on the Disney Fantasy! (during our last trip she didn't really know who anyone was during Star Wars Weekends except for Vader but you know she cannot miss a character picture so she took pictures with them anyways).

Sooo a few weeks ago I managed to make my FP+ on the 60 day mark! I did it all through my phone on the MDE app since I was at work. I managed to get everything I wanted but I also realize my FP+ are almost always the same every year for each park. Also, now that Soarin' is closed, I hope that touring Epcot will be a little less crazy in the morning.

Here's our plans so far:

Day 1 - Sat Feb 27th: (my actual birthday!) :cake:
morning:
Debark from the Disney Fantasy and head to WDW!
Check in to the Polynesian Village Resort
afternoon:
Go to Disney Springs
Lunch ADR at noon for Morimoto Asia!
Shop around Disney Springs
evening:
Return to resort for swim/relax/drink at Trader Sams
6:50pm ADR: Dinner at 'Ohana!
MK is open until midnight so DH and I will head there. Hopefully we won't be overly full from 'Ohana but that is wishful thinking. How am I ever not rolling out of 'Ohana?!?
FP+:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Wishes nighttime spectacular 9:35 PM - 9:55 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 10:15 PM - 11:15 PM

Day 2 - Sun Feb 28th:
morning:
We'll have a QS breakfast at the Poly then we'll hop on the monorail to MK!
FP+:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM
Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 12:40 PM - 1:40 PM
afternoon:
No lunch plans but we have an early dinner, so we will probably just snack around the park. I may get some corn dog nuggets at Casey's and maybe a cream cheese pretzel. And definitely a Lefou's brew!
We may go back to the resort at around 3pm for a quick rest.
evening:
5:35pm dinner ADR at Be Our Guest!
After that, we'll head to Epcot!
Not sure what FP+ I will be able to get for tonight at Epcot but we'll try to get TT!
We'll finish tonight walking around WS and watch Illuminations!

Day 3 - Monday Feb 29th: (It's a leap year!)
morning:
QS breakfast at the Poly then it's DHS all day!
FP+:
Toy Story Midway Mania! 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Indiana Jones™ Epic Stunt Spectacular! 11:30 AM - 11:50 AM
Star Tours® – The Adventures Continue 12:40 PM - 1:40 PM
I'm definitely going to devote as much time to the Star Wars Launch Bay as I can. I want to get both Light Side and Dark Side meet n greets as well as the Chase Visa meet n greet. :darth:
afternoon:
For lunch and probably dinner as well, I want to try all the galactic food offerings! I really enjoyed most of the food at Rebel Hangar last year and I'm excited to see them again this year (albeit no characters or table service).
evening:
I learned a lesson last year when we booked Hollywood and Vine for a heavy meal right before our dessert party so I won't be doing that again this year. We'll probably continue to snack our way through DHS and hopefully I can try most of the new Star Wars items today!
7pm: Season of the Force Dessert Party!
9pm: Symphony in the Stars Fireworks!

Day 4 - March 1st:
morning:
Breakfast ADR at 'Ohana at 8:30am
Then it's off to AK!
FP+:
Kilimanjaro Safaris® 11:15 AM - 12:15 PM
Meet Favorite Disney Pals at Adventurers Outpost 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM
Festival of the Lion King 2:30 PM - 2:50 PM
late afternoon:
We'll be heading back to the Poly for a rest/swim before getting spiffed up for our dinner!
evening:
6:30pm dinner ADR at Victoria and Albert's Queen Victoria Room. The dinner is supposed to last 3 hours but in my experience with all tasting menus, it doesn't usually last the allocated time. If it doesn't then we may head back to the Poly and change out of our finery to catch some EMH at Epcot which is open until 11pm!

Day 5 - March 2nd (first day of Epcot Flower and Garden!)
morning:
Head to Epcot! We'll try and go to TT first thing and then grab QS breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.
FP+:
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot 9:30 AM - 10:30 AM
Spaceship Earth 10:50 AM - 11:50 AM
Test Track® 12:20 PM - 1:20 PM
afternoon:
Hopefully we'll complete all of Future World in the morning. We'll be there for the first day of F&G so we'll be hitting up the food kiosks in WS for lunch as well as all the F&G exhibits for DH who has a green thumb. We'll walk around WS until we decide what to do.
I think I'll leave the late afternoon time open to see whether we want to stay in Epcot or head back to the resort or another park that we want to finish touring.
evening:
I don't have a dinner ADR planned. I was thinking of 1900 Park Fare then heading to MK for EMH - we'll ride all the rides we missed out on our first day. Another option would be to head to MK and put our name down for Skipper Canteen for dinner. This may be a feasible option. Not sure what the crowds will be like.

Day 6 - March 3rd
morning:
Head to MK!
Breakfast ADR 8:15am (pre-rope drop) at Be Our Guest
I'm gonna pre-order our food so we can eat quickly and be able to get on line for 7DMT standby! My first time riding standby!
FP+:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 11:10 AM - 12:10 PM
Peter Pan's Flight® 12:25 PM - 1:25 PM
Meet Anna and Elsa at Princess Fairytale Hall 1:30 PM - 2:30 PM
afternoon:
If we don't eat at Skipper Canteen the night before, we'll try and get a late lunch here.
Then we'll head to DHS!
evening:
DHS! I'm hoping to soak up more of Star Wars Launch Bay. Hopefully I'll be able to get all the Meet n Greets. I definitely must get Chewie! :chewy:
I seem to have more pics of Vader than any other Star Wars character at WDW so I may skip the Dark Side and just line up for the Light. In any case, I'll be doing the Disney Visa Meet n Greet and I think I hear it's always Vader anyways?
We'll snack around DHS, maybe some of the Star Wars meals again. I'm sad Toy Story Pizza Planet is under reno! I really like their pizza!
We'll catch the 7pm showing of Fantasmic! hopefully. The park closes at this time anyways so there will be nothing else to do at DHS except for maybe watching the Symphony in the Stars Fireworks again!
late evening:
Catch a bus to Disney Springs! We were thinking of a late dinner/drinks at Jock Lindsey's or maybe even Morimoto again if we really liked it. Their menu seems vast enough for us to try new things.

Day 7 - March 4th (last day - boo)
morning:
Head to Epcot!
Breakfast ADR 8:15am Garden Grill - pre rope drop! Sooo looking forward to this breakfast.
We'll probably head to Sum of all Thrills after this so we can get it done with no wait. Although going upside down after a big breakfast is probably not a good idea. Never has stopped me though, LOL.
FP+:
Test Track 9:35 AM - 10:35 AM
Spaceship Earth 10:45 AM - 11:45 AM
Meet Disney Pals at the Epcot Character Spot 11:50 AM - 12:50 PM
afternoon:
We'll continue touring Epcot and we'll probably be full from breakfast so we'll have lunch at the food kiosks again.
evening:
We'll take the ferry boat to the Yacht club for our 6:30 Dinner ADR at Yachtsman's Steakhouse then we will decide whether we want to catch Illuminations, Symphony in the Stars, or Wishes again so based on that we'll head to whichever park we need to. Then it's back to the Poly to pack up for our early early flight the next day.

Day 8 - March 5th (Departure Day)
nothing planned for today as we have an early early flight (6:30am) back home, boo!

So those are our plans so far! I've left our schedule pretty open, I don't have a touring plan other than our FP+ as a guideline for times. I find that this works for us the best as we can gauge where the crowds are headed and we'll go in the opposite direction. I've also built in time in the afternoons for pool and resting. We found we took more breaks on our trip last year than ever before. Power Disney is not for us old folk! ;)

Most likely our plans will change at some point as well as we get closer to the dates. I still feel I can add another ADR (or two!) but not sure what I want just yet.

Hi! Joining in. I'm looking forward to reading about your planning and eventually your trip (if you do a TR). We're staying at the Poly in August so I hope to pick up some tips. :thumbsup2

Your photos of the food and sites in Hawaii are breathtaking! I really enjoyed reading about all you guys did and ate on your trip.

Your trip sounds amazing. Your ADR list is so great, can't wait to hear about all of it especially V&A!

45 days until Disney Cruise on the Fantasy!
52 days until WDW Vacation at the Poly!
So exciting!!!!
I can't wait to hear about the Poly! We recently switched our resort to there!

How am I ever not rolling out of 'Ohana?!?
I think the real question is is how are people not just rolling around everywhere at WDW... :laughing:

Breakfast ADR at 'Ohana at 8:30am
I'm considering trying this breakfast again this year - I know we weren't huge fans of it last year, but now that we're staying at the Poly...

I don't have a dinner ADR planned. I was thinking of 1900 Park Fare then heading to MK for EMH - we'll ride all the rides we missed out on our first day. Another option would be to head to MK and put our name down for Skipper Canteen for dinner. This may be a feasible option. Not sure what the crowds will be like.
I would do 1900 PF, but I'm also biased because I absolutely loved that dinner. Also because you have a time to visit Skippers another day... and strawberry soup :lovestruc

Took a cue from @Elevationist to put a countdown on my updates
It's nice being able to watch those numbers get smaller and smaller every time you do an update! :cutie:

I must be getting old because it was only 9pm and I was getting tired and wondering when it was going to hit midnight already!
I only made it to 10:30pm before I gave up and went to bed. :rotfl:

Lunch ADR at noon for Morimoto Asia!
Jealous! Looking forward to hearing what you think of this one!

6:50pm ADR: Dinner at 'Ohana!
Favorite! Om nom nom! :goodvibes

FP+:
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 8:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Wishes nighttime spectacular 9:35 PM - 9:55 PM
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 10:15 PM - 11:15 PM
I love these choices!

FP+:
Big Thunder Mountain Railroad 9:45 AM - 10:45 AM
Meet Cinderella and Rapunzel at Princess Fairytale Hall 11:30 AM - 12:30 PM
Seven Dwarfs Mine Train 12:40 PM - 1:40 PM
Man, you really like BTMMR and 7DMT, don't you? :laughing:

5:35pm dinner ADR at Be Our Guest!
Out of three visits, I've yet to have a bad meal here!!

I'm definitely going to devote as much time to the Star Wars Launch Bay as I can. I want to get both Light Side and Dark Side meet n greets as well as the Chase Visa meet n greet. :darth:
I loved the Star Wars Launch Bay! I only had enough time to do the meet-n-greets but didn't get to look around much at all the stuff. I'm going to take more time for it in October!

9pm: Symphony in the Stars Fireworks!
Do you know if they've said how long this will run for? I really want to see them!

We'll take the ferry boat to the Yacht club for our 6:30 Dinner ADR at Yachtsman's Steakhouse
Yaaaay, very much looking forward to your review here! This is the ADR I'm most excited for myself!

You plans all look amazing. Can't wait to hear about all the food (shocking I know). Especially Skippers, V&A, and Morimoto as we've never done any of those. And looking forward to seeing all the Star Wars happenings so I can bone up before our April trip. Question though before you are even there? Where is the Visa meet and greet in MGM????

Dare I call this another EPIC WDW trip!? Yeah I think epic describes it very well. It will be here as soon as you know it. I'm right there with you, if I were going to DHS I would spend as much time in the lunch bay as possible. I can not wait for the to break ground in DLR and WDW. That is going to be amazing. The yachtsman's should be delicious. The is on my dream list of Disney restaurants as well as Ohana. I can't wait for you to go and return so I can read all about it.

Hi! Joining in. I'm looking forward to reading about your planning and eventually your trip (if you do a TR). We're staying at the Poly in August so I hope to pick up some tips. :thumbsup2

I'm definitely going to do the TR...even if it takes me a long time! I feel like a 40th birthday trip should be documented...epic or not!

Your photos of the food and sites in Hawaii are breathtaking! I really enjoyed reading about all you guys did and ate on your trip.

Thank you! We had a great time and Hawaii is one of our favorite destinations outside of Disney!

Your trip sounds amazing. Your ADR list is so great, can't wait to hear about all of it especially V&A!

Thanks! I can't wait to dine there and then write all about it! :)

So exciting!!!!
I can't wait to hear about the Poly! We recently switched our resort to there!

That's awesome! I just love the Poly. Can't beat the convenience and anything with a tiki bar...sign me up!

I think the real question is is how are people not just rolling around everywhere at WDW... :laughing:

That is very true...

I'm considering trying this breakfast again this year - I know we weren't huge fans of it last year, but now that we're staying at the Poly...

Yeah definitely if you're staying at the Poly - can't beat the convenience of a character meal in your lobby! Hopefully you'll have a better experience this time!

I would do 1900 PF, but I'm also biased because I absolutely loved that dinner. Also because you have a time to visit Skippers another day... and strawberry soup :lovestruc

I know...strawberry soup is calling my name!

It's nice being able to watch those numbers get smaller and smaller every time you do an update! :cutie:

I know! It's awesome! Great idea!

Man, you really like BTMMR and 7DMT, don't you? :laughing:

Haha, yeah I do, and because I think it's a good use of FP+ in any case!

Out of three visits, I've yet to have a bad meal here!!

Me neither! It's nice for every meal! I'm definitely going to pre-order the breakfast food so that we can get out early enough to get in line for 7DMT just as the park is opening!

I loved the Star Wars Launch Bay! I only had enough time to do the meet-n-greets but didn't get to look around much at all the stuff. I'm going to take more time for it in October!
Can't wait to see it for myself in person! I can't wait to read it on your TR either! I'm sooo happy that I have so much Star Wars to look forward to. I feel like I'm a kid again!

Do you know if they've said how long this will run for? I really want to see them!
Hmm I don't think there is an end date for this just yet. I think they are gauging to see how popular it will be.

Yaaaay, very much looking forward to your review here! This is the ADR I'm most excited for myself!

Had a great meal there our first time last year. Looking forward to more equally excellent meals there!

You plans all look amazing. Can't wait to hear about all the food (shocking I know). Especially Skippers, V&A, and Morimoto as we've never done any of those. And looking forward to seeing all the Star Wars happenings so I can bone up before our April trip. Question though before you are even there? Where is the Visa meet and greet in MGM????

Thanks! So excited! The visa M and G is in Star Wars Launch Bay. From what I hear it is always Darth Vader (it has been him so far).

Dare I call this another EPIC WDW trip!? Yeah I think epic describes it very well. It will be here as soon as you know it. I'm right there with you, if I were going to DHS I would spend as much time in the lunch bay as possible. I can not wait for the to break ground in DLR and WDW. That is going to be amazing. The yachtsman's should be delicious. The is on my dream list of Disney restaurants as well as Ohana. I can't wait for you to go and return so I can read all about it.

LOL! My trip will be here before I know it and then I'll have to live vicariously through the DISBoards as I write my TR! I definitely want to soak all of Launch Bay up, I'm soooo excited to visit. It's definitely the decade of Star Wars again and I cannot be more thrilled!

PTR Update 1/13: The Force Awakens...At Sea!!

38 days until Cruise
45 days until WDW

So I had my head wrapped around our WDW plans...ADRs and FPs and the like...that I haven't really given much thought to our cruise, until today. You see, today is the first ever Star Wars Day at Sea, for those folks on the January 9th cruise on the Disney Fantasy. So of course I trolled twitter and instagram for information and updates on the festivities because like most others, we don't really have much to go off of other than the old press release last year. Today however, they have finally released some more information. Read the new press release and updated videos on Disney Cruise Line Blog here: http://disneycruiselineblog.com/2016/01/star-wars-day-at-sea-debut-with-day-long-celebrations/

I was so beyond excited to find lots of people live-tweeting and instagramming from the cruise! Denise from mousesteps has been really great with documenting the day's activities. Search for the hastag #StarWarsDayatSea. So far we know this information:

- Character meet n greets starting at 9am going to 8pm - these are the characters roaming freely around the ship and include jawas, Darth Vader, Chewie, stormtroopers, sandpeople, among others.

- Scheduled meet n greets: You're given a form to fill out ranking the following scenarios: Tatooine, Dark Side and Bespin (Cloud City). You rank them 1, 2, and 3. Most people have been reporting that they have gotten both their first and second choice which is really great if it continues this way! The characters you meet in each scenario look to be: Tatooine - alternating between Darth Maul, C3PO and R2D2. Dark Side - alternating between Darth Vader and Captain Phasma. Bespin - alternating between Chewbacca and Boba Fett. I would probably rank the following: Tatooine - 1, Dark Side - 2, and Bespin - 3. This is only because I really want to meet Darth Maul, C3PO, R2D2 and Captain Phasma as I don't have pictures with any of them. I do have pics of Darth Vader, Chewie, and Boba Fett already from Star Wars Weekends last year but in any case I will be happy with ANY of these character meet n greets!:darth: :chewy:

- Movies playing throughout the day. Episodes 1-6 will be shown all day with Episode 7: The Force Awakens having it's premier with several showings at night and then continued showings throughout the rest of the cruise.

- Jedi Training and Padawan Mind Challenge activities for the kids! Also the kids clubs will be offering Star Wars-themed crafts and stuff of that nature :)

- Star Wars 101 sessions for those who are not in tune with the galaxy far far away...I will probably send Chunkysis to this.

- Star Wars re-enactments and costume contests for guests....I may or may not be partaking in these activities.:rolleyes1

- At noon, the ship's horn will play the Imperial March - which it has never done before. OMG I just about died when I heard this! They are really going all out with this cruise! You can hear the horn here:

- Star Wars-themed dinner at the main dining rooms. It seems like everyone gets the same menu in all 3 main dining rooms. All new menus with things like "Sand People Salad", "Bantha Steak Empanadas", and "Calrissian Velvet Cake", and "Han Solo's Frozen Carbonite Sundae" - These sound awesome! Is it in bad taste to order everything off the menu??!? :rotfl:

- Summon the Force deck party and fireworks - this is the deck party with DJ, dancing and culminating in fireworks at sea set to the Star Wars soundtrack! I'm sure they probably leveraged a bit of Season of the Force/Symphony in the Stars. :cutie:

- Star Wars nighttime buffet - I think this is like the midnight pirate buffet but Star Wars themed. I am still waiting on confirmation that this is happening tonight but it'll be so awesome if it is true.

- The adult section of the Fantasy (i.e. the bars) will be transformed to a "Mos Eisley's Cantina" type watering hole with Star Wars themed drinks and a trivia contest for the hardcore fans! I know that the drinks of the day are: Galaxy in a Glass and Planetoid Punch. They sound STELLAR. :lmao:

Needless to say, I am BEYOND excited for this cruise especially since we have tangible stuff to look forward to! Now...to find something to wear...

Last edited:
I am soooooo super jealous. Missed this by one week. They are doing one the week before and the week after DS Spring Break. So no go:( I would say that I hope you have a blast, but I know you will have a blast;)

Did you do dinner or lunch when you ate at Marrakesh? You got one of the feasts, right? Which one? How big was it? Was it really for 1 or 2 people? I am trying to decide how to feed us and DS without ordering enough food for an army, especially since none of us can usually eat a ton of food at one meal. We have a dinner scheduled for our Epcot day. It looks really cool. I am excited. Only 60 days now!

I am soooooo super jealous. Missed this by one week. They are doing one the week before and the week after DS Spring Break. So no go:( I would say that I hope you have a blast, but I know you will have a blast;)

Thanks!! This cruise sounds perfect for you! Hopefully they will continue these cruises for many years to come. I don't see Star Wars hype dying down any time soon!

Did you do dinner or lunch when you ate at Marrakesh? You got one of the feasts, right? Which one? How big was it? Was it really for 1 or 2 people? I am trying to decide how to feed us and DS without ordering enough food for an army, especially since none of us can usually eat a ton of food at one meal. We have a dinner scheduled for our Epcot day. It looks really cool. I am excited. Only 60 days now!

We ate dinner there. I got one of the feasts. Here's the one I got:

Taste of Morocco - Marrakesh Feast - Harira Soup: A hearty soup with Tomatoes, Eggs, Lentils, and Beef • Beef Brewat Roll: Layers of thin Pastry stuffed with seasoned minced Beef, fried and sprinkled with Cinnamon • Marrakesh Mix Grill: Tenderloin of Beef Shish Kebab, Lamb Merguez Sausage, Marinated Chicken Kebab, served with fresh Herb-roasted Potatoes • Assorted Moroccan Pastries

It is technically designed for one person with a big appetite (i.e. ME) but I think it would definitely be enough for 2, so perfect for you and DS.

Here are some pictures of my meal from when we went in 2014:

Bread service
gNZuiRvCZbvllvvfoUzt81lioFhgeq3AjauZpCJkGadBeEsGgeK5WcvUZ9p_WtTTMXg2x2rPSQAIbSszPBsKYHKrCyi3NHgDms082mNDnd3QFSCq4NKvwp0B4FV4zQ3fd8-KdzybkRIJyPE6y5K4O6gzVhYxi_COK_JRW3MS20A_wxtzOH5yPu09PRYZ1Q8b1Sor14r9qQ2yAlmCh4R3r-Qtl9XBuM1T1_1PrhmLYHAHw5R3gt4K4JxkBl9Iug1K1dNXb2wiQAo56jJXj6h38j7bu6WEdN8JFKqoykJaGxwE5doifAmU47OCLRlMl_K44np3Wf3wEldtJqhnOF8QUpuG-7sfcMnSkhHZIxucDe7GMYk241NLT8o2a_VEdnqp2-OlShdPMcIDCey7mvNLqKGqK0-i2YgwdwVJFue5PEGr7B9Ox-5uYZ81AdNPdAjLI1cGER3lAFT09SelvOwif7Uvyi40qufBKS-8LU0SdEvIgeJPfYclEv7vFoRI3C5dILfQYJUne25gaepaQ4knZuqFjedGPn5o-iSHXRd_hAxy=w683-h456-no

Harira Soup with the Beef Bravat on the side:
fTCosuXSzqeJi8zMbeV-8yyquua1vVVhAqh8iEZstwzai39WqPf955Yrulkvij-QyA3KprKE8dluPVwHqvL6FFlfp4PvpFBdQFVav3KdHsaFx-7wMEJAGxTngQY5_oOzY6cqo70RtVEVh3J1bw3brCHd1aMx7vKYafCmoiOSWbLh4bdHrnJ2S9Q6mhkWDiWC364BWDOo_2zp51RN5LoRUoCjlRXn72hTzSeDDLTdqo-m8vQVlaP8X_tnxt2axJRwugwIFW_icg6Bi9EubasFQ16Wi8kwBQ9Cg4tyibe8-SW0cAM5nSWWjOdpKgfbAwbsUa42e9YiTtrwe1RPzGf8O3AJuMePb2v4pKrZNW2JgbbzDIyXE20BfTPYAtV8fRRdnmVSaIvMUkDEMDUtmZGBiDZGTGBdL4aoC8n2VrIq5wMxmqAxUC6qoQ4A6LES2uO9aMD4Sx7hlIXsfixrkm7HHyqXJEsuoWtR6-rjfuHgFMh-t3PPK8tyvrGnzLSJMFQtVB-M45PwCz7UdToWsdr_a_fv2hUBNAGe1FiTuiQqaSvx-UDFP3tplxQJOz8EZ8eiyhpmiw=w683-h456-no

Beef Bravat:
17PHaICM5GZKMQU3Qu11roJNtOQW_PCb6M8K9AVbInZyagzsF9A6YgGQZrF_3LJRUp7baphbnaVCnl6mbENspVWKsc7D9UZQWP_45yKVG_4jkpSiMLV2Vj7Ab0_tvh-EX8sC8Mz9XfUnYcGz7V9izD7frCnrDZqdFmGonlJNsmitwoWNiy-R1qoRnVqyZGSTB9YcO7IiXdBmCrSUwREwcxfbIqCWxcXVE2LOil8KEgYFskiAncTs9d1I1Bgt6vZNzy9pG4CCJlz1s8Jg58zugwJOus3elsIdpTyYFxkkCIEzYiVC-R5Oypyz_bhsS_eQLiiV0QeyHlu3W4-exLB40-NMKUm9aXcU421c61TGHWbECat-3rzi8M42PDFcdXjNw5FNbI8isExZsMDiUyVNXkv1kVA8OJ0nVZMYstaapLY8BLYP0ImqZRdvxocnXQZpWWM-7zeWo_NkC0YBt2DTGP9MHhSPZBjm6yvrO8NHkcUfpWPp1wSTWzjEVNor9v_B2Orz--d_GoDt6RuKp_jkTgMWFbd9liGYkiMsedVzCNo5=w683-h456-no

Marrakesh Mix Grill (excuse my sister's hungry face!):
LSD4SlxO-GUQnSgJ7-PDed4uoxhUevnAfcDboHWGYfZ3gUagIPYOyDTlZ_ehz31ogBOskvQKvBPnRYA_VDnHc_Hy43WI0n2kur61J3QcQgcQR5hUoe9kq8czAtmaMEHc-4NloQz7Lc7rSv6NNwYaEu6fug9_K9LUH4qLQwchi27258c0O211m_NUo7UQSOCbmxgP81_evGoJyMBcUOMQy6TMWvTRjxI24AX6eqDolbxRcpLOKE3G1B93gOLpRk0UNrsKM8hgXy-hZP4CcVH4eouLWfOR4iGG-ayVlmUXRsSUt-zt6I2ytIfx1rKY3W74zMCvrRxtWwI-WeGfRc2qgUj-CaivtHDcbzWjpWlr81iXL5mpXl1yiMmotB1i_mKAmh-h_hyL8MOVf6JWOHYjMhBOYNY7Trisp1YpVA23L-5yH7Z1v8nIyGGKHki77_v2P1kchCijrTI3dE5VoRwtLBJcCdtGh9SAHoyXFdaD5GXmi1ZU-AsIs7HeCJUCPwWqYvZPiBMaQAxXyQbfxjV12S8_MKmJPGN72ErP5HIYw7Ioy81JgzTbHTzkLvR174CWQEujaA=w412-h616-no

My sister didn't get the feast, but she had a bit of my appetizer and she got an order of the mussels. She really liked them.
E-KjAxST6bIi1vIyGhsQDxH0k-Ut4CwHzzbCa13i-WWcMAoBxSTBdmJfc2SLO1md55VRYrP78Ed4uW_rl1tUnMVfA1y_GGkGRTclISn4rPUGJxaxUTxxYdb3oxPtSOuQHpdzW1kqm4UCls391J7z8BvPA4maDUspY8lusTeACygaYMzg90WxCerkaEuWLrrqODsvCBCOZSlscMsK133st09KHfB3mJU-nDbabVtgpJ9hIAf2aAUUUIRIgLN_4EqR2YVw5euvpDfrCVkFE8OYfD5yujletF-GtspLa8eDT7gD5Dy7iBImnStb1Gm0AkuxUtMb_Dbu2X7rnFqYieTWsQ_6sHI4zaeO9Ccvg9IjmxpY0GRkI2YpKCeiHiaa4BAXdeeZViuLkqPmdYhR2epC75lcg_c94dE5FpX7rV3rC3sXBxo5PaNuAUM2Bs_iVYnLkJsnbFIJ5b5pvo7VhBoTYY1kwVAtdhq-P8wfuhYVT2YuyYhy1MM0rpype47eaQRAdNpEMB8RkeJlQMk-ZoFElgvHjImDHciTxbSEQgDOvyFG=w761-h508-no

And for my dessert, it was a baklava-type pastry but more pistachio flavored. It was yummy!
EWHD8XsxerH-8qgFeBoCFC-sDsGwKW_7728tWoa4DtWX4YtQfsP8CG99EWh54THNsMGQkRib0ONHtOeIUmRlxE46epsHnRxsH2tu3e1aXP937EPVXpvdabgdUmzRCw8u3FjlWHtzqzblh_Wh7j8gQwJAUk2GgSN_v53Ccr4R9MGywg3_8gK0VUbIPe1pIQonqkjRgfL9o8damib6cROl6eFc52xSahgELakwF63pq79luV8TncCY1se0oAuHV89aiuD5p3Nv4l1PeT8OTNoKX-jZ3FeaEgwKYUIBvSQCEBQ9Oyt8GIh0bkaxjyqZGrHBzdTYq8uDpgqgjJC7CqatIWLqPkK_CLyVx4351ERGusbki6w7ySutMhcUBSPBrW2G_QR3xdoNkePtIJwm7PGltms7KWRUkuw9xypxqJQzqvB7wSivvldU__wz6obedmjhlwotwEKO04gdWbtGMAqieWHEgJ1To6R-2Dx3P830kOdoqgj6dMxBIpghXODdmyE5HDkFM8lgCmSzz01ygVAH0j3nTOZQsF18F7-TogUU-4hVtmQGLrgJuLIDMih_3fhgI0dlng=w340-h508-no

Had a really great meal here and think it is one of the most underrated restaurants at WDW. Makes me sad I'm not returning on this trip. If it weren't Flower and Garden I'd most likely come here for a meal. ENJOY!!!

Hooray for lots of updates I just caught up on - It won't be long now, Su-Lynn! Trip to NYC looked so fun. Happy belated birthday to your hubs! Your trip reports are so entertaining - keep the updates coming as often as you can stand it!

Thank you @Disneygirl55!! I will definitely try to update more as the cruise gets closer...I feel like I have so much to do. The biggest task is to figure out which Star Wars t-shirts to bring, LOL. I have so many!
BTW, I was wondering if you have eaten at Remy for both brunch and dinner? Do you think the experiences are very similar? We have booked them on Day 2 and Day 3 respectively because I decided that I am OK with missing the pirate night menu on the Fantasy and I don't want to switch our brunch to another day.

Wow, they've really got a lot of activities planned for these Star Wars cruises!! You're getting your monies worth :thumbsup2

BTW, I was wondering if you have eaten at Remy for both brunch and dinner? Do you think the experiences are very similar? We have booked them on Day 2 and Day 3 respectively because I decided that I am OK with missing the pirate night menu on the Fantasy and I don't want to switch our brunch to another day.

In my opinion, I think they are very different experiences. The brunch is a set menu, so no choices like the dinner menu. Very elegant, just like dinner, and several small plates are served. You won't feel stuffed like you do after a Palo meal. It's all about tastes (oh, my!) and textures. In that way, it's similar to the dinner service. You begin the brunch with the entire reservation group at the restaurant, so you can chat with fellow cruisers for a bit, and then the chef joins you, says a few words, does a champagne toast, and a waiter passes around some thinly sliced meat (Jamon Iberico) - which is kind of like prosciutto. You get to hear about the special (and very expensive) machine they use to cut the meat so thin. Then you are escorted to your table and have about 4 more small courses, plus dessert and bread. The champagne pairings that are offered are fantastic, and a lot of fun - and I recommend at least one of you getting the champagne pairings. It's pretty cool to taste the differences between the champagnes and learn what they're best paired with. The whole service seems more laid-back, probably because of the set menu and everyone is pretty much getting the same thing. Dressy casual attire, with no jacket required for men, but other than that, the same type of dress as brunch or dinner at Palo. Generally, they don't serve the same foods as they do at dinner, which is another reason to check it out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter