$42 for waffle and sausage!

Unreal. $42 for a waffle and sausage at Topolinos. And no pics with the characters. Unreal.
View attachment 510711

I think we all agree with you that $42 for what you received is unreal. My question to you is, did you EXPECT something different? The menu with prices was available before you went, so why did you keep the ADR? I'm honestly NOT asking that in a snarky way; I'd like to know your thoughts.

I think we all agree with you that $42 for what you received is unreal. My question to you is, did you EXPECT something different? The menu with prices was available before you went, so why did you keep the ADR? I'm honestly NOT asking that in a snarky way; I'd like to know your thoughts.

It's a photo of a computer screen showing a youtube video. I don't think she's there.

Characters are still appearing there (while you may not get to hug them, there are opportunities for "social distanced selfies", character parades, and photos of the characters by themselves), which is going to account for the higher price. You aren't just paying for food, you're paying for the working character actors, costuming and costume cleaning, etc. Breakfast there also includes the pastry basket. Since so few character experiences are happening right now, this price is not shocking to me.

If you want to avoid a character fee, Chef Mickey is now doing family style with no characters for $25/adult and $15/child. Considering that on a "normal" day at CM the characters are out, the buffet is in full swing, and the price is closer to $60/adult(at peak time of year)...well, that makes Topolino in line with current character meal pricing. The Bon Voyage breakfast (which is currently not operating) at Trattoria al Forno is priced at approx $40/adult. Again, making Topolino in line with pricing.

Is the price high? Yeah. Disney prices are high for character table service.

Right, I am not there. This is a video from Micheal Kay. I am just surprised that Disney did not come off the price a bit since you are getting less, as in with no pics with the characters being possible, except with a social distance selfie I suppose.

🤣I ordered some Thai food as a treat ... we haven’t eaten out in months and take out rarely. For 3 meals and two side salads $93. For lunch. Everything is expensive everywhere. Atleast the food was delicious.
At Disney, there’s choices and no reason to expect the Unexpected when menus n prices, reviews are easily known.

I paid around $40 last year for a character breakfast at Garden Grill. Was it worth it, absolutely!!!! The food was a wonderful buffet, the characters were available for pics, but the main reason I booked it was for Soarin. Two rides on Soarin first thing in the morning with no wait. That too was unreal. That character meal was worth every penny to me. Topolinos is just so new I suppose that it is a reason it is well booked for breakfast?

I paid around $40 last year for a character breakfast at Garden Grill. Was it worth it, absolutely!!!! The food was a wonderful buffet, the characters were available for pics, but the main reason I booked it was for Soarin. Two rides on Soarin first thing in the morning with no wait. That too was unreal. That character meal was worth every penny to me. Topolinos is just so new I suppose that it is a reason it is well booked for breakfast?

Topolinos and Garden Grill are, currently, the only two character dining options available, which is why it is very well booked, and Disney has shared that they are modified experiences. The menu options have been dialed back somewhat, due to supply chain issues, but can be reviewed online. The pricing is the same as it was before the closure.

Topolinos and Garden Grill are, currently, the only two character dining options available, which is why it is very well booked, and Disney has shared that they are modified experiences. The menu options have been dialed back somewhat, due to supply chain issues, but can be reviewed online. The pricing is the same as it was before the closure.
Ok, that is a good reason then. I really don't know what is open and what is not, other than Chef Mickeys. The option of riding Soarin right at opening would still make GG worth it too me.

Right, I am not there. This is a video from Micheal Kay. I am just surprised that Disney did not come off the price a bit since you are getting less, as in with no pics with the characters being possible, except with a social distance selfie I suppose.

Chef Mickey's dropped the price of breakfast by a fair bit, I wonder why Topolino's didn't. Though CM's lunch and dinner are still the same price as before the pandemic.

Edit: I got it, Toppolino's still has characters, Chef Mickey's doesn't. I've already been quoted 4 times with the same answer. Thank you.

Last edited:
Chef Mickey's dropped the price of breakfast by a fair bit, I wonder why Topolino's didn't. Though CM's lunch and dinner are still the same price as before the pandemic.
Really? The same price for lunch and dinner an no characters? Holy cow!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter