5 Epcot Rumors (A Disney Rumors video is on pg. 6)

Call me strange, but that's putting some icky images into my head right now. Bugs...human body...*resisting the urge to scratch*.

That's funny, I was thinking the same thing when I heard it. Hopefully there's no bed bugs in the theater.

I'd love to hear what those who have commented on this previously regarding the Frozen ride in Norway think now that it's officially been announced and Maelstrom has closed...

Being from Australia and having only been to WDW once (hadn't really even heard of Frozen until I watched it on the plane from Sydney to LA, and also heard about the 300 minute wait for Anna and Elsa at Norway on the DIS around the same time) I don't have that much sentimental attachment to the WS and how people think it shouldn't have characters, however, when I was there, we spent about 3-4 hours in EPCOT total (stayed at YC, Hubby hated FW and the lack of rides and all the "learning stuff". Rain closed Test track and Soarin had a very long wait) and I was disappointed with the lack of characters in WS (it was also the first Disney park we went to) and our first character interaction was with what we called "Mexican Donald" and it was amazing!!
So anyway, my point, I'd love to see characters and some well tied in rides to each (or some) of the countries for my future visits. As its been mentioned, Mulan = China, Ratatouille = France etc.
However, I think Frozen deserves a dedicated area/ride with Character meet and greets attached, not just tucked away in the back of Norway (we hated Maelstrom!)

And it would be even more awesome if they had an Australian Pavillion! We were shocked by the lack of Australian presence in IASM aside from one little Aboriginal in a loincloth with a boomerang and a dingo right towards the end, like he'd just been stuck there as an afterthought.

What if....

1) Alice in UK is not going to be a ride, but actually the Mad T party from DL? Epcot is already considered the most adult park, and a lot of drinking goes on there already. Meanwhile the old PI fans are still crying out for more late night entertainment (drinking and dancing) for adults. Seems to fit to me.

2) The new rides are coming to WS, along with the earlier opening time. This allows Disney to close off a big section of FW without affecting attendance badly for major refurb/new rides in years to come (probably after DHS updates).

Just thoughts... but maybe.

I'd love to hear what those who have commented on this previously regarding the Frozen ride in Norway think now that it's officially been announced and Maelstrom has closed...

Being from Australia and having only been to WDW once (hadn't really even heard of Frozen until I watched it on the plane from Sydney to LA, and also heard about the 300 minute wait for Anna and Elsa at Norway on the DIS around the same time) I don't have that much sentimental attachment to the WS and how people think it shouldn't have characters, however, when I was there, we spent about 3-4 hours in EPCOT total (stayed at YC, Hubby hated FW and the lack of rides and all the "learning stuff". Rain closed Test track and Soarin had a very long wait) and I was disappointed with the lack of characters in WS (it was also the first Disney park we went to) and our first character interaction was with what we called "Mexican Donald" and it was amazing!!
So anyway, my point, I'd love to see characters and some well tied in rides to each (or some) of the countries for my future visits. As its been mentioned, Mulan = China, Ratatouille = France etc.
However, I think Frozen deserves a dedicated area/ride with Character meet and greets attached, not just tucked away in the back of Norway (we hated Maelstrom!)

And it would be even more awesome if they had an Australian Pavillion! We were shocked by the lack of Australian presence in IASM aside from one little Aboriginal in a loincloth with a boomerang and a dingo right towards the end, like he'd just been stuck there as an afterthought.

I'm not sure there's much more that can be stated that hasn't already been hashed out once or twice.

Bottom line there's two camps: one opposed (I'm one of them) and one in favor. I guess you can say there's a third camp that is indifferent to the change.

I certainly don't want to speak for everyone, but those opposed will have to accept the change and those in favor I'm sure are looking forward to the update. Based on your post it sounds like you in the 'in favor' camp. If so, I'm sure you'll enjoy the new direction Epcot is heading.

Princess Jes said:

I would be SOOOOOOO excited if there was ever an Australian Pavillion! With a restaurant. I wouldn't even care if it were signature prices and no dining plan if I could get kangaroo roast! Oh, to be able to get vegimite without having to have a friends father ship it to us! And Beer!!! Real Australian beer instead of Fosters!

Darn it. Now I want to go back to Australia.

I need to win the lottery.

Hello again everybody, lately I’ve been hearing some interesting rumors about Epcot. It may get new attractions in both the World Showcase and Future World. Of course you have to take the rumors with a grain of salt because it may not ever happen. These are just ideas (for the moment) that have been talked about behind closed doors. 1. World Showcase may change their opening time to 9 am 2. Imagination building maybe taken over by “The Muppets” (3d movie & a ride) 3. “Ratatouille” ride put in France 4. “Alice in Wonderland” ride put in the U.K. 5. “Inside Out” attraction and “A Bugs life” educational movie maybe put in the Wonders of Life building

Epcot is probably my favorite park, and I am happy about these rumors.

1. The world showcase opening at 9AM would be wonderful. It would help the park feel less crowded in the mornings by allowing everyone into the world showcase, I think it would help with wait times. This also means I could get my breakfast at Kringla.

2. I love the muppets and I do feel that they are good mascots for the imagination. It's clear that the pavilion is due for some renovations, and there appear to be areas that are not being put to use. However they need to keep Figment in the attraction somewhere.

3. I would love another ride in Epcot. I have heard some people say that rides in Epcot are not supposed for feature characters, but it looks like they have already broken that rule in Mexico and are about to make a frozen ride in Norway. Clearly they don't care about that rule anymore.

4. I don't know about an Alice ride, I feel like that belongs in fantasyland. You know what I would love an Alice restaurant, or snack area. Having a place in England where you could have high tea would be amazing. Or even an area where you could buy tea and snacks and enjoy them in an English garden would be perfect.

5. Bugs life needs to stay in Animal Kingdom. Frankly I can't see them moving it, it wasn't exactly their biggest hit movie. I think another educational attraction would be wonderful. I miss The Wonders of Life pavilion, and having something that educates on health would be great. Heck a new themed playground encouraging kids to play and learn about the importance of physical fitness would be amazing. The kids could run wild and the parents could take a break.

We just got back from Food and Wine. Spent some time in the festival center doing wine/culinary seminars. Found it very sad to sit there thinking about Body Wars and Cranium Command. I honestly miss those two more than just about anything else they've taken out of EPCOT. (I don't remember Horizons and World of Motion well enough to be upset about those.)

Epcot used to be our favorite park. And that includes my DD and DS when they were kids as well. Always the park we hit first... they didn't need the characters or rides at World Showcase. Can't any kids appreciate anything more educational these days?

We do not want World Showcase being replaced with Animation Showcase. :(

Only change indicated that would be ok with us is the ride at the France Pavilion.

Add another country or two! That would be awesome

Epcot used to be our favorite park. And that includes my DD and DS when they were kids as well. Always the park we hit first... they didn't need the characters or rides at World Showcase. Can't any kids appreciate anything more educational these days?

We do not want World Showcase being replaced with Animation Showcase. :(

Only change indicated that would be ok with us is the ride at the France Pavilion.

Add another country or two! That would be awesome
That's our sentiments exactly! World Showcase and most of Future World are supposed to be educational as well as slightly entertaining. Rides and other high-tech features as well as character interactions don't need to be nor should they be added to the countries! The only character that was in Epcot at the beginning was Figment and it hasn't been the same since he moved on! Epcot certainly doesn't need princesses and movie tie-ins to be a great park!:coffee:

Educational exhibits aren't bringing people into the theme parks. Disney has to do what Universal has been doing. They need to put not just rides, but whole new sections with rides into their parks.

I skimmed this last page of the topic and saw one mention of "Inside Out", the new Pixar flick next month. Not sure what rumors there may be about it, and I haven't had any advance screening of it. That being said, some of the early reviews have been extremely positive about it and have alluded to characters traveling in different "lands" within the brain -- including an Imaginationland and Train of Thought. If the movie is as good as the early reviews are letting on and if Disney is looking at expanding IP in EPCOT, this sounds like something begging to be a contender for updating/replacing Journey Into Imagination.

They all sound reasonable. Epcot has lost (is losing) it's "edutainment" theme and they want more exciting attractions to draw people there (and away from the MK). Mission Space, Test Drive, Finding Nemo .. they are moving away from that attraction by attraction. People aren't going to Orlando Florida to be educated. (Don't get me wrong .. I enjoyed the old Epcot . .but I was an elementary school age student then and it was exciting and new ... for adults (or people who already have gone0.. not so much).

With the announcement of Frozen taking over Norway ... it would only make sense that they would continue to ditch the "educational" aspect of the World Showcase and add more "Disney-fied" attractions to the showcase. It will seem out of place if it is the only "Disney" themed WS pavilion.
It would draw people with little kids to Epcot (lessening the strain on the MK)

So .. having a French Rataouille or UK Alice in Wonderland would make sense (and frankly I wouldn't mind it .. after the first time through .. I always found the World Showcase boring simply due to lack of attractions (let's admit it .. how many of us routinely skipp the pavilions without an attraction?). Let's face it .. the reason most adults like the World Showcase is the drinking and food (which could still be retained with Disney rides).

Muppets going to World of Imagination? They will want to KEEP and boost their Muppets presence with the last two movies and rumored new show .. and it is pretty obvious they are closing down the back half of Hollywood Studios (Backlot tour gone, Frozen theater change) .. Muppets and the two nearby restaurants are the next victims to prep for a Star Wars land expansion.

Really .. if the resort could handle the crowds, they should just shut down Epcot for a year to update it all at once. Imagine that grand re-opening rather than the slow death we are seeing in Epcot and DHS.

They all sound reasonable. Epcot has lost (is losing) it's "edutainment" theme and they want more exciting attractions to draw people there (and away from the MK). Mission Space, Test Drive, Finding Nemo .. they are moving away from that attraction by attraction. People aren't going to Orlando Florida to be educated. (Don't get me wrong .. I enjoyed the old Epcot . .but I was an elementary school age student then and it was exciting and new ... for adults (or people who already have gone0.. not so much).

With the announcement of Frozen taking over Norway ... it would only make sense that they would continue to ditch the "educational" aspect of the World Showcase and add more "Disney-fied" attractions to the showcase. It will seem out of place if it is the only "Disney" themed WS pavilion.
It would draw people with little kids to Epcot (lessening the strain on the MK)

So .. having a French Rataouille or UK Alice in Wonderland would make sense (and frankly I wouldn't mind it .. after the first time through .. I always found the World Showcase boring simply due to lack of attractions (let's admit it .. how many of us routinely skipp the pavilions without an attraction?). Let's face it .. the reason most adults like the World Showcase is the drinking and food (which could still be retained with Disney rides).

Muppets going to World of Imagination? They will want to KEEP and boost their Muppets presence with the last two movies and rumored new show .. and it is pretty obvious they are closing down the back half of Hollywood Studios (Backlot tour gone, Frozen theater change) .. Muppets and the two nearby restaurants are the next victims to prep for a Star Wars land expansion.

Really .. if the resort could handle the crowds, they should just shut down Epcot for a year to update it all at once. Imagine that grand re-opening rather than the slow death we are seeing in Epcot and DHS.

And lose all their booze money!!!?? ABSURD!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter