5 Girls and a Boys Not So Scary Halloween PTR ~ 10/10 TR link

Tinkermom76

Gawrsh
Hello everyone and welcome aboard my PTR. This is the 2nd PTR I have written and I am hoping that it doesn’t have as many changes as the last one did. If you followed along last time you will know that I changed resorts 3times, dates twice and had many different ADR’s.

This year I am hoping the plans I am making now will stay the same!

Now let me introduce you to the characters that will be on this trip

First is my littlest princess Ariel (known to everyone else as Emma and to me as Em) She is 6 right now but will be 7 on September 2 (3 weeks before our trip) Now this trip is not for Emma’s birthday even though we are going in the same month. I will note it on reservations but we take a family trip to Disney every year and this one just happens to fall in Em’s birth month. She will be going to MNSSHP as Ariel but we will get her dress in the World.

This is Em from our Dec/10 trip with her favorite princess

day7431.jpg

Next up is Cinderella (known to everyone else as Eryka) Eryka is currently 8 and turning 9 this month. On our last trip Eryka met her Prince Charming twice. 1st time at 1900 Park Fare and 2nd time a young man named Ethan, who she now talks to almost weekly on Skype (since they live 8 hours apart) Eryka will be going to MNSSHP as Cinderella and she has her dress already

Here is Eryka dancing with the Prince Charming you will all recognize

day6067.jpg

And last but not least is me, Tinkermom (known to everyone else as Natalie) I am 34 turning 35 next month. I am a Disneyholic, but I don’t think I need help with my addiction ;) I love planning our trips as much as I love taking them. I also tend to theme our trips for some reason even though it doesn’t start that way.

Here is picture of me and the Big Cheese

DSCF9268.jpg

Here is a picture of all 3 of us from our Dec/09 trip and my favorite pic of us

Image0059.jpg

Now you have met us, so let’s talk a little trip history.

This will be my 6th Disney trip and the girls 4th. This update will be very wordy so I apologize in advance.

My first trip was in 1989. I was 13 years old and I went with my mom. We stayed in a hotel in Kissimee near Old Town, which I am told is still there. For some reason I don’t remember a lot from this trip. I remember hanging out in Old Town every night and getting mad that my mom wouldn’t take me to a water park. I also remember that my brother was very mad that he didn’t get invited on this trip (something he mentions every time I plan a Disney trip)

My second trip was in 1999 and I wanted to go on this one because I had a 5year old son and I wanted to go on a cool trip for him. We stayed at the Caribbean Beach resort in building 51. (I only remember that because it was our house # at home) We hit all 4 parks, DTD and the Kennedy Space Centre. (Got food poisoning there :s) It was me, my son Tyler, my mom and my brother on this trip. I remember eating at Hollywood & Vine with Minnie and Pluto and no reservation!!!!

Trip #3 was in 2008. In 2007 Eryka was 5, the same age as Tyler on his Disney trip so I started thinking about going back. The radio station that I listened too did a trip to Disney and stayed at the Nick Hotel. It sounded like a great place so I checked into it. I found out we could get free nights on the kid’s birthdays so we decided to go the week of Eryka and Tyler’s birthdays in Feb. I booked this trip through a travel agent at the travel company in a Wal-Mart. She never mentioned needing dining reservations or anything. She booked the hotel and our airfare which was $2400 return for 6 people from Toronto. We had a good trip and did a lot at the hotel, which we thought was pretty cool! I think we bought Park hoppers that we used once. The shuttle from the hotel to Disney didn’t run very often and I think it kinda sucked. The cast for this trip was me, Tyler, Eryka, Emma(3), my mom and my brother.

After our 2008 trip I was hooked. It was then that I knew I loved Disney and right away I started thinking about going back. Then I found the Disney website and the mom’s panel, where I started asking a lot of questions and getting some great information. From there I found the DIS and my life has been forever changed. I started planning our Dec/08 trip. This time it was just going to be me and the girls. Tyler has decided that he has outgrown Disney SHOCKED and my brother and mom decided they didn’t really want to go this time. I did a lot of planning and booked everything I could. This trip was all about Characters. We did a bunch of character meals and the pirate cruise. We managed to fill an autograph book in 2 days! We stayed at the Contemporary for the week following Thanksgiving. We had a great mommy daughter trip.

As soon as I got back from that trip I got a pin and booked a trip for Dec/10. This time my mom decided she wanted to go with me and the girls, so it was still an all girls trip. Well the hotel got changed and the dates got changed and the ADR’s got changed. We ended up going Dec 9-17 staying at Pop Century. Since we had seen so many characters last trip they were not a big focus for this trip, instead we focused on rides. We tried to hit all the rides we could and since mom was with us she had no problem watching Emma while Eryka and I went on Coasters. (Em is a big ride chicken) We had a fantastic time even thought it was freezing cold.

Here is the link for my TR Did we even leave Canada? I swear it’s snowingNext up, this trip…….

*****EDIT******

Since my trip has completely changed I have deleted my original plans and will use this post for links

UPDATES:
Changes
Welcome Tracy
Natalie & Tracy DIS meet Part 1
Natalie and Tracy DIS meet Part 2
Preliminary Plans
Ariana's Collage
Tracy's shopping trip
Natalie's packing list
Disney on Ice Preview
DoI Natalie's report part 1
DoI Natalie's report part 2
DoI Natalie's report part 3
DoI Tracy's report part 1
DoI Tracy's report part 2
DoI Tracy's report part 3
DoI Tracy's report part 4
ADR's
Tracy's countdown chain
Imagination Movers Fun!
TO-DO LIST - FOURTEEN WEEKS TO GO!
Help me choose!
Update-a-palooza! Lots to tell you!
Shirts made!
Disney Store stop-over
It's all in the DETAILS!!
Picture Itinerary & How's the weather?

Day to Day Plans:
Day 1 Plans - Sept 23rd
Day 2 Plans - Sept 24th
Day 3 Plans - Sept 25th
Day 4 Plans - Sept 26th
Day 5 Plans - Sept 27th
Day 6 Plans - Sept 28th
Day 7 Plans - Sept 29th
Day 8 Plans - Sept 30th
Day 9 Plans - Oct 1st
Day 10 Plans - Oct 2nd
Day 11 Plans - Oct 3rd
MNSSHP Plans - Party 1 - Sept 27th
MNSSHP Plans - Party 2 - Oct 2nd

Movie Nights:
Mulan
Vacation Planning DVD
Jungle Book
Sword in the Stone
Hop
Haunted Mansion
Cinderella - Natalie
Hercules
Bolt
Snow White
Dumbo
Cars
Santa Paws
Monsters, Inc.
Little Mermaid - Natalie
Lady and the Tramp
Princess and the Frog - Natalie
The Aristocats
The Incredibles
Lilo and Stitch
Princess and the Frog - Tracy
Peter Pan
The Little Mermaid - Tracy
Aladdin
Sleeping Beauty
Beauty and the Beast
Mulan - Tracy
Wall-E
Toy Story
Lion King
Winnie the Pooh
Tangled
Up
Cinderella - Tracy
Mickey's House of Mouse Villans - Halloween Party!

:woohoo: I'm first.

Try the Kona Cafe. I liked it alot. I would comment on the Luau, but ours got cancelled due to cold weather, which is why we ate at the Kona Cafe.

:woohoo: I'm first.

Try the Kona Cafe. I liked it alot. I would comment on the Luau, but ours got cancelled due to cold weather, which is why we ate at the Kona Cafe.

lol... I hope I don't have to worry about mine being cancelled due to cold in September :eek:

We will be eating at Kona but not for Dinner... keep reading

Oh and thanks for the title!!!:thumbsup2

lol... I hope I don't have to worry about mine being cancelled due to cold in September :eek:

We will be eating at Kona but not for Dinner... keep reading

Oh and thanks for the title!!!:thumbsup2

You are welcome. I don't know what I will use if/when we go to MNSSHP.

The Pre-Trip report title is easy, good luck trying to use MNSSHP for your Trip Report aftewards.

Woo hoo I'm here! :wave: :yay:

I can't wait to hear how you like Wilderness Lodge. I've not been to either Roaring Fork or the Spirit of Aloha show but I'd say both are definately worth at least trying.

Going Deluxe eh? Smart doing that whilst the kiddos are under 9yrs. :thumbsup2

:yay: you started your PTR - am looking forward to reading more!

Will you be eating at Artist Point - have read good reviews about it and we are hoping to get an ADR on our trip. Another restaurant we are looking forward to eating at is Sanaa.

I'm here too!

can't wait to hear the new plans.

we actually liked all the food at Roaring Forks- you should have some good quick choices there when you need it. the flatbreads were good!

Definitely don't hesitate to ask anywhere you go about kids food- most places can easily whip something up for you and hey, it's disney, so they are usually happy to oblige.

can't wait to see your meal choices so i can comment there. i started my Oct PTR, but haven't paid much attention to it until i finish my TR!:rotfl::lmao:

Joining in! I can't wait to read about your plans and then read your TR after this trip. Since I have a trip booked at WL, and have never been, it will be neat to read all about your adventure there.

Hi, I'm in! Loved your TR and our trips are actually going to overlap by a couple of days (I'll be arriving on 9/30!) so it will be fun to plan along with you!

I stayed in WL in November 09 and we loved Roaring Fork, especially for breakfast! It is a little on the smaller side, but there are tables outside by the pool to sit at too. We went at busy times of the day a few times and still found tables to sit at, so it's not that bad! You're going to love WL! :cool1:

As soon as I got back from that trip I got a pin and booked a trip for Dec/09. This time my mom decided she wanted to go with me and the girls, so it was still an all girls trip. Well the hotel got changed and the dates got changed and the ADR’s got changed. We ended up going Dec 9-17 staying at Pop Century. Since we had seen so many characters last trip they were not a big focus for this trip, instead we focused on rides. We tried to hit all the rides we could and since mom was with us she had no problem watching Emma while Eryka and I went on Coasters. (Em is a big ride chicken) We had a fantastic time even thought it was freezing cold.

Here is the link for my TR Did we even leave Canada? I swear it’s snowingNext up, this trip…….

Wasn't that trip in 2010?

Have you tried Whispering Canyon. We really liked it whem went a few years ago.

Subbing! We will be there same time-ish (a bit shorter trip). I can't wait till the annouce MNSSHP dates! I will start my PTR after my TR is finished, but now I have to come up with a new title!:rotfl:

Subbing! :) I think a Food trip is a great idea. We haven't tried either of your day 1 options so I'm no help. I look forward to reading about your other meal choices!

You are welcome. I don't know what I will use if/when we go to MNSSHP.

It will be a while so you can use this one... remember you have to go to Italy first :)

The Pre-Trip report title is easy, good luck trying to use MNSSHP for your Trip Report aftewards.

I will be thinking for the next 6 months :eek:

Woo hoo I'm here! :wave: :yay:

I can't wait to hear how you like Wilderness Lodge. I've not been to either Roaring Fork or the Spirit of Aloha show but I'd say both are definately worth at least trying.

Going Deluxe eh? Smart doing that whilst the kiddos are under 9yrs. :thumbsup2

I figured now was a good time to go deluxe, then we get to try a lot of stuff. Me and the girls are excited to try Wilderness Lodge and the girls are excited to have bunk beds!

I wish you were coming this year (since you have an AP and all)

:yay: you started your PTR - am looking forward to reading more!

Will you be eating at Artist Point - have read good reviews about it and we are hoping to get an ADR on our trip. Another restaurant we are looking forward to eating at is Sanaa.

I stuck to mostly the dinner shows rather than signitures only because Emma is still kinda young and I know I would be annoyed if there were kids arguing while I was trying to have a really nice dinner so I try to keep them out of the really nice places too much (all day in a park meltdowns are not pretty) Plus that will leave us some places to explore when they get a bit older and we can have new experiences

I'm here too!

can't wait to hear the new plans.

we actually liked all the food at Roaring Forks- you should have some good quick choices there when you need it. the flatbreads were good!

Definitely don't hesitate to ask anywhere you go about kids food- most places can easily whip something up for you and hey, it's disney, so they are usually happy to oblige.

can't wait to see your meal choices so i can comment there. i started my Oct PTR, but haven't paid much attention to it until i finish my TR!:rotfl::lmao:

I have to go check out yours! I am so excited about all this food (even if I gain weight)

Joining in! I can't wait to read about your plans and then read your TR after this trip. Since I have a trip booked at WL, and have never been, it will be neat to read all about your adventure there.

The WL is so beautiful and I can't wait to sit in a hot tub. The girls are very excited about the pool

Hi, I'm in! Loved your TR and our trips are actually going to overlap by a couple of days (I'll be arriving on 9/30!) so it will be fun to plan along with you!

I stayed in WL in November 09 and we loved Roaring Fork, especially for breakfast! It is a little on the smaller side, but there are tables outside by the pool to sit at too. We went at busy times of the day a few times and still found tables to sit at, so it's not that bad! You're going to love WL! :cool1:

Thanks I enjoyes writing my TR, wish my PP pics would get here so I can add them :rolleyes1

Oh I would love to sit outside by the pool to eat the kids would love that too!!!

Hi Natalie.....I'm joining the fun as well!!! Maybe a Dismeet is in our futures!!!! :goodvibes

I am so glad you came over! I'm up for a DIS meet! I had a great one last year and met a couple of great people that I still talk to all the time (and Eryka met her prince charming!)

Wasn't that trip in 2010?

Wow good catch I have to go back and change it... I keep forgetting it is 2011 already

Have you tried Whispering Canyon. We really liked it whem went a few years ago.

We tried it in 2009 and Eryka was very upset we didn't go this trip cause she had so much fun there. I believe we will be having a breakfast and dinner there this trip!

Subbing! We will be there same time-ish (a bit shorter trip). I can't wait till the annouce MNSSHP dates! I will start my PTR after my TR is finished, but now I have to come up with a new title!:rotfl:

I am waiting on MNSSHP and Fantasmic dates to complete my plans but I have guessed on dates for both of them. If I am wrong I will cry :sad1:

Subbing! :) I think a Food trip is a great idea. We haven't tried either of your day 1 options so I'm no help. I look forward to reading about your other meal choices!

I'm sure you will be great help sometime in this report which is what is so great about the DIS. I am very excited about a food trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter