5 little boys, 2 parents and 2 grandparents, in the HOT, HOT World! Update Day 6

Sheaboys

DIS Veteran
Hello and welcome to my first trip report! A little about me, I am a Mom to 5 amazing boys. I grew up loving disney. I have been to the world at the age of 9 months in 1972, a few times during the 70's, 80's and 90's. I introduced my husband to DisneyWorld on our honeymoon in 1995. We took our first born at the age of 6 months, in 1998. We went again in 1999, I took my 2 boys at the age of 2yr and age 5 months with my Mom in November of 2000. Again we went in May 2001, and I took them again in September 2001. After that, we had 3 kids we took to DisneyLand in December 2003 and hit the World in October 2005. Sadly a big hiatus, and did not go back until August 2012 with all 5 kiddos and then this trip. We are Massachusetts and my grandparents lived in Florida since 1971, so my Mom would get my brother and I on a bus and off we went, but then as times got better, we drove, then eventually flew. My parents moved down there in 1994, so I would take my kids often when Southwest had great $49-$69 one way flights, and we would go only for a night or two, when you could get an All Star Resort for $59 a night, who remembers those great days!!!
They lived on West Coast (just north of Tampa) so the commute was easy. We flew down alot, either as a family or just me and kids. Then we also have driven down and I have driven down with the kids myself. I have no problem just getting up and going if our schedules are clear. Sadly my mom passed away in 2007, I then moved my dad up here to be here near us, and he passed away in 2013. They were young, Mom at age 57 of cancer, and Dad age 64, well of missing mom and basically drinking himself to death, sad but true.

Anyhow..... I figured people would want to know how we managed to go so often, while it seemed often the trips with the little boys were short 1 or 2 nighters.

OK so now onto this trip report.

The who:
Me, 43, Mom to 5 boys
Dh, 43, Dad to 5 boys, person who keeps me in check.
Ds1, 16, a beginner driver and drives me everywhere.
Ds2, 14, Little one, and you will see why
Ds3,12, the loud one, the really, really, really, loud one
Ds4, 7, the birthday boy, turns 8 on our vacation, not a lover of rides
Ds5- 5, will ride anything he is tall enough for, has many faces
Grandpa- 65 ish
Grandma- 65 ish

How it became, I just decided in February we were going to DisneyWorld. Simple, I did lots of research, because I knew things changed from our 2012 trip. I checked prices, which shocked me, but did not deter me. I contacted the TA I used before, got a price, and booked it. WE were staying at Port Orleans Riverside (we stayed at Caribbean Beach in 2012). Two rooms obviously. At first it was August 17th-26th. Tickets were 9 day hopper passes. I booked all our own dining. But then when I went to book airfare through Southwest, it was cheaper to fly out on Saturday then Sunday and with an afternoon flight, so we were not up at 4am. So while yes, the room was more, the flight was less. I had points for all 7 of us, as we flew Southwest in 2012 and 2013 (we went to see my husbands sister in San Diego). I also use the Southwest Credit Card, so the points add up. I booked us, spent about $620 on 7 roundtrip tickets. Not bad at all.

Fast forward, a month, I was away at Show Choir competitions with Ds1, I get home to "Hey I talked to my parents and they want to go". Oh, ok. I was hesitant to be honest. They, much like my husband do not enjoy the heat, and they went a few years back with my husbands sister and her family for 3 days, and according to her, all they did was complain it was hot. This was in October, we were going end of August. So I asked again and again are you sure??? Yep, it was a go. So I contacted our TA, she changed the reservation to reflect adding them (this caused a mess up at check in, not huge just took forever). No big deal, on our end as we already had 2 rooms booked, everything showed up in MDE without me having to add them. However, I then had to rebook our dining, I did manage to get 9 instead of 7 in most places but had to cancel other places. No big deal though, because it worked out fine for us. I added their tickets. I went online and booked their flights, they had southwest points too, so I spent $280 on 2 round trip tickets. Not bad again!

So months pass, pretty fast as the 5 kids had school, show choir, baseball, tball, soccer, 6th grade graduation etc. I was the class treasurer for the 6th grade class and PTO Secretary and Treasurer for our Recreation Committee, so I had lots to wrap up. I also started at Planning Board Clerk for our town, so I have a small paying job. Then summer began. Our 2 oldest hit the road with our friends family for a trip to Arkansas to see their family, they were gone 3 weeks. During that time ds3 spent a week at the Cape with another family then a week in Maine with another family. The 2 youngest had 2 weeks of swim lessons. Upon getting home ds1 spent a week at Boy Scout camp as a leader. The 2 older boys also had 4 practices for show choir over the summer. Next we know it is the week we are leaving. The week before my inlaws decided they wanted to pay for the pre checkin thing Southwest has. Being a SW flier, I was not worried about not getting B and sitting together. They wanted to pay for 2 of the kids to do it with them, I am not in favor of "saving" seats, I was against this, but at this point I am like whatever. So they paid for themselves and 2 older boys. They all got A30 something, I checked in 24 hours and we all got B4, B5 then B20's. So I still think to pay $12.50 each way is a waste. But hey, that is just me.

All bags are packed, The older 2 had their own bags. I managed to get dh, myself, and 2 younger stuff in 1 big suitcase. But then to add shoes, and for some reason dh wanted to bring a life vest for Ds5, he insisted, even after I said he won't need it. I know this because I drove to Florida last year with the 5 kids, I did not take a life vest, he did great, but stayed with someone. And I knew there were probably life vests there and in 2012 at Caribbean he did not use it, but had to stay with someone. Dh is goes with caution more so than I do. So again, not a battle I will fight, so in goes the vest. Ds3, had room so I shifted some stuff added to his bag and we are ready. 7 people 5 bags.

Our flight is at 2:30pm on Saturday, August 16. I get the note and cash for our dog sitter, he will stay the night in the house with our great dane. All bags get tossed in the minivan and off we go. DH has ds1 call grandma and grandpa to see where they are. They live in the City, were as we live in the country. We were meeting at the Valet parking we pre-paid for ($62.50 for 10 days/nights). We managed to catch up with them on I91 South in CT. We at the Valet by noon, 30 minutes earlier than I put on the checkin. Dh hates to be late, and well...with 5 kids I am always late. Checked in the Valet no problem. We had a free cleaning from our 2012 visit when they got grease on the rug after an oil change. So handed that in as well.

WE were at the airport, checking our luggage in at 12:30pm. Dh and I were a bit worried about the big bag being over weight, but they never batted an eye or weighed any of our luggage. :yay:

The lines at Bradley for security were short, made it through no issues, I was chosen as the one to do the body scan for the family. Kids all had their own carry-ons with kindles and computers and homework. The grandparents have TSA approved security so they go right through faster than us. We are like herding cats through security, it is ridiculous, but for those with kids that out number parents you get it.

By now is 1ish and we are hungry, so McDonalds and some sandwich place near it is lunch. Grandma whips out these "gifts" from Auntie, it is their birthday gifts for this year (which for ds1, ds2, ds3 and ds5 had passed), so they all got some money and candy. Love Aunts... candy before a plane ride not so much.

Here is our first photo of the day:

The Bar near the gate, DH and his Dad aka Grandpa.

Then the seating arrangements:
Grandma, Ds3 and Ds4.

Grandpa, Ds4 and Ds5. Note the fake teeth that came in the Auntie gift pack on Ds4.

Dh, Me, and Ds1 (who had to do AP homework)

Grandma and Grandpa sat across from each other, and We were in front of Grandpa. I say Grandpa, got the short straw...the 2 youngest can be very high maintenance with the bathroom, changing things to do, etc. And Ds5, did stop talking the entire flight. When the flight started to decend, it was play by play about how the plane was going down. In fact, he would say something and people 3 rows in front of me, would repeat it because he sounded so cute. Anyway, Grandpa and kids did great.

We had Magical Express. Our flight left a little late, and arrived maybe 5 minutes late, I handed out our magic bands, which worked flawlessly. We had never used Magical Express (in 2012 we flew into tampa, rented a van and visited my Grandmother, then drove to Disney). It was a hike for sure. We decided to have them get out luggage, more on that later.

Magic Band happiness.

We were on the bus, and waited, and waited, probably about 20 minutes. Finally off, then we saw this:

Drop off Rotation was: SS, OKW (or maybe the other way around I can't remember) then POR (no stop at French Quarter). We arrived in the lobby about 7pm. An hour and half after landing.

Check in took a bit longer than I anticipated. I was able to get the kids in the grandparents room on our credit card for charging privileges. It took her longer to do this because when I added the inlaws to our reservation it changed the reservation in the system, this creating some type of problem. But after quite sometime all was well in Magic Band World. We were assigned connecting rooms 1714 and 1713, Alligator Bayou Section, which was a great location, an easy walk to the South Depot and Food Court, and right next to the quite pool and laundry. We loved our location.

This worked well for us. Ds4 slept in drop down, ds5 and ds1 shared a bed, in our room. In grandparents room, was ds3 who slept in drop down, and ds2 who slept in bed. At some point during the week, the kids moved around.

We stopped at the room, and I called bell services about our Garden Grocer Order. I swear this is the greatest thing ever. We like to relax by the pool with a few beers, so I bought, 2 packages of donuts, 6 cereals that you can add milk to for grandpa (who eats it every morning), 1/2 gallon of milk, 2 bottles of wine (for grandma and I), and 3 cases of beer (24 packs), 1 case of water, I think some other little stuff too, but can't remember. I had crackers, and some stuff in my bag from the plane ride. They arrived with our stuff, about 5 minutes after calling. In that time, the grandparents took the kids to get food. We met them there. By my memory we were all sitting and eating around 8:15 or so. We bought 7 mugs for our family and inlaws bought their own mugs. For my family of 7 with mugs and supper the total was $220ish I believe. Not sure on inlaws. We did length of stay mugs.

We were back in our rooms by 9:30, hoping to see our luggage....:sad2: Sadly not there. So we called bell services, and they said they were so busy, asked us for our information, told us one bag had been left at the airport. Our bags arrived at 10:30pm, then the lost bag at 11pm, when we were all tucked in.

What I would do differently.. if I had an earlier flight, definitely have luggage delivered, but after 4 or 5pm, then NO.. I thought 5.5 hours was bit much for luggage to arrive after your flight. While we did not get up at 4am for a flight we were still up by 7am. I was exhausted, as the night before our flight, Ds1 and his girlfriend were at Six Flags, dh and I went to pick them up and stopped for a coffee at 8pm. Big mistake, I had been up since 2am and never went back to sleep. I was done, done, done...

Next UP, First DAY!

Ok so I forgot to post pictures of our fur baby. Here she is:
Her name is Nala (yes Lion King reference, and she is a Great Dane)
Here is a photo of my family from our 2012 visit:

So onto the first day, Sunday, August 17, 2014. I gave the kids a choice, Animal Kingdom or Magic Kingdom. I was hoping they choose, Magic Kingdom as I made a fast pass reservation for Be Our Guest. I did this through the link on the disboards. I never did get an invite, so I was a bit leary. I also heard Magic Kingdom should have light crowds due to having a late EMH on Saturday. They choose Magic Kingdom, the decision was made the night before. So without an alarm (which we never needed once this trip), I was up at 6:45am, I woke up Ds1, and we grab mugs and headed to the food court, Grandpa beat us there. Filled mugs with coffee and other drinks for kids.
Once we arrived back at the room, the connecting door was open and everyone was stirring about. Not actually out of bed, but moving. DH had the tv on. Everyone eventually got up and showered, and we were at MK at 8:30am, made it for part of the Opening Show. Which in all the years we have been, not once have we ever seen it, it was nice. The train was just pulling in with characters on it. Park opened at 9am. Dh and Grandpa took kids through the gates, while Grandma and I went through bag check in. Once we were in the park the crowds were moving quickly.
Tourist Grandma. We laughed a bit at her attire.

We went left, as everyone else was heading to Fantasyland. Once we got into Frontierland, it was pretty much empty. We got on Big Thunder Mountain Railroad, with no wait.

Then Splash Mountain again no wait.

After that, we headed toward Haunted Mansion, since again no lines. Dh and I managed to talk Ds4 into going, he was not happy. He does like rides, as long as they are not dark, have drops, etc. He was fine once on the ride, but once was enough for him the entire trip. We know him well and knew he would be fine. But this was an ongoing theme with him, he go through his questions, does it go fast, does it have drop, is it dark etc.
Then onto Fantasyland, we got on Carousel, Dumbo, and Barnstormer all no waits.
We had a FastPass at 10:50 for Be Our Guest, so we headed there. Scanned our bands and headed in, phew, it worked. :cheer2: We then waited in the line to place our order. I ordered everyone's meals together and Grandpa was quick to jump in to scan his band to pay. This was an ongoing thing with him. He would often jump in to pay first. Now, we know they are on a fixed income as they are retired, and we paid for their park tickets and plane, as it was something we wanted to do, so we also really did not want them picking up the tab for all meals either. In the end, our total bills at check out came out to be almost the same, so they were happy with that.
Anyway, the process of ordering was fairly easy there was someone there to help. Once we walked into the room, there were some ladies there, who asked how many in our party, I told them 9 and one decided she would find us a seat. We were in the room to the right, with the Beast and Belle in the middle. Everyone got up and got their drinks, and meal came about 5 minutes later. The only one that completely happy with his meal was ds3, he got the Braised Pork, he did not like the sauce, but other ate some of it, he managed to get to what was at the bottom, which I think was mashed potato. Ds1 and I got the Tuna Nicoise Salad, very yummy, Grandparents shared a Roast Beef Sandwich and ds2 got that as well. DH got the Carved Turkey, little kids got, Seared Mahi Mahi and the Macroni, which neither really cared for. But ds1 being 16 and growing..he seemed to be the clean up crew with dh. Grandma got a cupcake and it was split into like 6 parts, to share.
After this, we hit Magic Carpets, no wait, Jungle Cruise which was about 15 minute wait, and Pirates, no wait. :cheer2:
After this we headed out, as it was 97 with a feels like 104, at least this is what the temps on dh's phone said, nearly everyday, by the way. We had an ADR at 50's Prime Time for 4:20, which was fairly early, but that was ok we ate lunch pretty early.
We were back at the resort and in the pool by 1:00ish.
Back at the pool there was much of this:

WE enjoyed alot of time by the pool.
We were showered, dressed and ready for Hollywood Studios.
We were at the park by 3:45 or so. We headed right for Toy Story as we had an ANY EXPERIENCE Fast pass. Everyone rode and everyone loved it.
We had an ADR at 50's Prime Time at 4:20. Grandpa declared this was his most favorite meal of the week. We had a great server, I can't remember his name, but he was from Moracco, he was awesome. He was interactive with us, other tables, and the other staff. We really enjoyed him and our meal. There were milkshakes for drinks, the sampler plates, just fried chicken, and I had salad. Dh got the dish of the day, which he enjoyed but like our server said it was small. But with him and ds1 as the clean up crew no worries, he was not leaving hungry. Grandpa and Grandma both got fed as they did not finish their veggies 100%. We laughed alot.
Grandpa enjoying himself.

Dh got to do "I'm a Little Tea Pot" with our Cousins from across the pond. DH is not the type of guy that would do this, so he dragged this guy with him.

After this we had fast passes for Star Wars and Tower Of Terror. I do know, me and the older 3 boys are the only ones that rode both rides, dh and ds5 rode Star Wars but not TOT, but that changed later in the week. I believe we used everyone elses fast passes to go on ToT a second time, not 100% sure, but I know we did do this a few times during the week. As I heard a CM tell another family it is allowable.
We wrapped our evening and were back at the resort by 8ish. We had early morning EMH at Animal Kingdom for Monday.

Great start!!! Wow nine of you to kept track of. We don't go in August it's to darn hot. My DS has the preapproved TSA, so he makes fun of us. Take your shoes off and anything else just to get thru TSA. We are going in a couple of months and I agree with you, if you get online early enough you can get A or B boarding. My DS wants them to do it, but I feel it is a waste of money. There are seven of us and I am not looking forward to getting everyone thru the airport with losing someone.

oH my goodness! 5 boys!! I am definitely in!!

I have two boys ( 6 and 2) and we have been wanting another child for the past year and we are hoping this is the year! :) As much as I want a little girl, I just know we will have all boys but as I am sure you know, little boys love their mamas!!! :)))

Great pool photos! We love Riverside so I am interested to see how you all liked it as well!

Wow! I have three boys (1,3,5), and I'm waiting to plan a trip for when the youngest is about 4. Can't wait to hear the rest of your report!

Great start - and great planning ... keeping track of everyone and changing things as the grandparents were added, etc.

Our trips overlapped a bit as we arrived on the 25th - it was hot, though I think your first week there was even hotter than what we had. Looked like a really fun dinner at 50's!

Great start!!! Wow nine of you to kept track of. We don't go in August it's to darn hot. My DS has the preapproved TSA, so he makes fun of us. Take your shoes off and anything else just to get thru TSA. We are going in a couple of months and I agree with you, if you get online early enough you can get A or B boarding. My DS wants them to do it, but I feel it is a waste of money. There are seven of us and I am not looking forward to getting everyone thru the airport with losing someone.

pixiedust: Welcome! Getting though the airport in CT was easy. Orlando, leaving was packed to hilt at the security gates. Lines, lines, lines. We really thought we were going to be late for our flight. They pulled our family of 7 out of line, as grandparents went through the TSA approved line already. We got to go through the TSA approved lines, dh and I were dusted (hands swabbed) and cleared to go. We were told we are all set next time. Not sure how that works or how true. Either way, we jumped the line by about 30 minutes.

oH my goodness! 5 boys!! I am definitely in!!

I have two boys ( 6 and 2) and we have been wanting another child for the past year and we are hoping this is the year! :) As much as I want a little girl, I just know we will have all boys but as I am sure you know, little boys love their mamas!!! :)))

Great pool photos! We love Riverside so I am interested to see how you all liked it as well!

We wanted that little girl too, but just was not meant to be. I will say we have as much drama in a house of boys as you would with girls.
We loved Riverside, we stayed back in 2005 when we were a family of 5, but this experience was so much better, I think it was our location it was perfect.

Great start - and great planning ... keeping track of everyone and changing things as the grandparents were added, etc.

Our trips overlapped a bit as we arrived on the 25th - it was hot, though I think your first week there was even hotter than what we had. Looked like a really fun dinner at 50's!

:wizard: Welcome!

My inlaws enjoyed it so much they tried to go when they were leaving the park one day, earlier than us, and could not get in.

This was EMH at Animal Kingdom, so at 6:45, I was up with ds1 and Grandpa and we went to fill our mugs.
We managed to get to the parks around 8:05am or so.
First photo:

We had no fast passes for this morning, so we just decided to do whatever we could do. We saw DeVine. Headed for Expedition Everest. We walked on.

It was just me, ds5 (who is 5), older 3 boys and Grandpa. I honestly can not remember what the heck we did after that. But I know we headed for the safari, waited stand by about 25 minutes. Walked around. Decided to eat an early lunch at Flametree, sat down by the river, it was nice and relaxing. Then headed to Dinosaur it had a 20 minute wait, so we walked, over, all 9 of us in line. Ds4, who is 8, is not a lover of any ride that is fast, dark, jerky etc. We got him all the way to the trucks, and him and I kept walking through. I took him to the Triceratops spin.
By the time we finished up, the others were done and a few of the kids joined us for another spin. We hit Primeval Whirl, well I did with older 3. Ds5 was not happy he was not tall enough. Had some Ice Cones and headed out. We were back at the resort by 12:30 or so.
Had a nice relaxing afternoon at the pool.
We had a fast pass for 4:30 at Maelstrom, which had a 50 minute wait. Dinner was at Rose and Crown, checked in at 5 for our 5:40 ADR. Yes early. Yes it was hot. So we got a pager and walked around. I took the little kids and ds3, to see Pooh and Tigger.

Around 5:35 our pager went off. Grandma and I got Sangria's which were very good. Everyone enjoyed their meals, most of us got the fish n chips, (which we agreed was salty in some areas) while Grandpa got the Corned Beef and what the said was a slaw, not cabbage. He liked it just different. Ds4, got plain noodles, sauce and meatball on the side. He is a macaroni and cheese kid, so dinner was becoming a reoccurring theme with him, not liking it. He could eat Mac n Cheese, everyday, all day. He would eat it everytime we ate in the food court at POR. He does eat other stuff, but more often than not he does not.
He ate fries, a few bites of fish, but none of his food. Whatever, we had the "clean up" crew with us, so it went to ds1.
We finished up, we all decided for the price of the fish n chips, it was just eh. Let's put it this way. I never, ever, finish a meal, they are usually just too much for me to eat. I ate this entire thing, which lead me to believe for the price we did not get alot.
We had a fast pass for Mission Space and Soarin. I was able to bump the Mission Space to earlier, because we finished eating earlier. This is when Grandma and Grandpa decided to head out, they got motion sickness on Soarin last time they came some 4yrs or so ago. No biggie, they took the 2 little guys with them.

DH and I headed to Mission Space with older 3, we did the Green. After eating even I was not up for Orange. We then walked about and headed for Club Cool.

The BEVERLY.
By now it was time for 8pm Soarin fast pass. The fastpass line was pretty darn long, the standby was about 70 minutes.
Well it felt long, for sure. We had a great ride.
We headed out at this point, we were not up for the crowds after Illuminations.
We arrived at the bus stop just as the bus pulled away. :worried:
One showed up about 15 minutes later, we hopped on, saw some fireworks while on the bus.
We were back in the room and in bed by 9:30 or so. Tomorrow, DHS in the AM.

I don't usually comment on trip reports, but love yours! I have 2 boys, 15 and 12. My 12 year old like yours is LOUD, dh calls him the loudest kid on the planet. Good to know he isn't alone.

Great start, can't wait to read more!

I don't usually comment on trip reports, but love yours! I have 2 boys, 15 and 12. My 12 year old like yours is LOUD, dh calls him the loudest kid on the planet. Good to know he isn't alone.

Great start, can't wait to read more!

pixiedust: WELCOME!

I don't know how you got everyone out the door that early, They tell me we are on vacation and want to sleep in. We take our puppy with us so I get up early to walk and feed her. By the time I get back to resort around 8:30am nobody is up.

I don't know how you got everyone out the door that early, They tell me we are on vacation and want to sleep in. We take our puppy with us so I get up early to walk and feed her. By the time I get back to resort around 8:30am nobody is up.

I am not sure how we managed it. I am guessing, that because I am naturally up at around 6-6:30 am everyday, and dh at 4:30am, and FIL is up fairly early too, normally it was not that hard. Mixed with the fact, they knew if we did not get there early, they would be waiting in lines, and nobody wanted that. :rotfl:

Day 3, was our day at DHS. It was my intention to get the two younger boys signed up for Jedi Training. Here is what really happened.
We managed to do just about the same in the past mornings, except ds1 was not getting up this morning, so off I went, and I am sure at some point I caught up with Grandpa, either at the door or food court or saw him sitting by the pool enjoying his coffee and cereal. I did see an armadillo this morning. With my eyes not fully focused, I really thought it was giant rat, until I saw his shell. :rotfl: What I did find everyday, is people love to run while on vacation. I saw many joggers every morning, while I shuffled about in my jammies getting coffee. :laughing:
Anyway, we managed to the gates around 8:45 for the 9am opening. The lines were huge. Did not seem to be moving at all. No idea why. We decided at this point DH would take ds4 and ds5 and the grandparents to Jedi Training sign ups. I gave him the details and location. I had a feeling this would be an epic fail. I then took the older 3 to Rockin Rollercoaster, where we would ride standby. It was a 10 minute wait when we got there, which turned out to be about a 20 minute wait.

We got off the ride and I got a call from DH, he was not happy, said he was still waiting, and was by the tree. I had no idea what that meant, asked if he was staying as it can't be that long. He said, fine and stayed, but I could tell he was not happy, we then hopped in line for ToT. We had a Fastpass. We were in line and I got another call. He was still outside by now it was about 45 minutes outside, in the 97 degree heat. I told him, just leave, which he did. Once we got off the ride we met up with the family and DH was livid. He could not believe I made him do that, he said never ever again. He had never made it inside the building. The grandparents said, they sat outside and watched. So many parents yelling at their kids and yelling at CM's. I let DH vent. Then we all switched Magic Bands, and did ToT again, meaning,the grandparents were not going to do it, nor was dh or ds4. So we took their magic bands and ds1, ds2, ds3, ds5, and myself went on the ride. When we got to the fast pass line, there was a women in front of us who had her fastpass denied. It was 10:40, the CM said, "Your fast pass was 9:20-10:20, it is now 10:40." She said, "so". He said, "You can not be late". She turns to her family and says "Um, guess you can't be late." I think she knew this, but decided to try anyway. This is what I don't understand, with paper fast passes it gave you a time frame to use your pass, that is when I used it. I never would have thought they would let you in early or late etc. I know they used to let you in late. But really, if they did not care when your return was, then they would not have a time on it. I know many debate this. :rolleyes1:
Anyway, after the ride, we had a fastpass for Toy Story. So we headed there. Everyone loved this ride, again. After this we did see:

We then moved about and headed to eat an early lunch. We ate at the Commissary as it was air conditioned. This week was super HOT, so to go inside and relax was perfect. Everyone enjoyed their meals. Our party of 9, had bacon burgers, salads with salmon and chicken, the kids power packs. It was around 11:15 and pretty empty, but when leaving it was getting busy. This felt great to recharge. We headed to our Star Tours Fast pass, I think only 7 of us went. Ds4 and grandma did not. They went to the dump shop to look around.
I believe we did Indiana Jones after this. Which in 2012 the show was cut short due to storms, but today we saw the whole thing. We enjoyed it, but I think it is a little long, to many pauses between the action. By now it must have been around 1, maybe later, we headed out. For some more swimming.
Tonight we had an ADR at Beaches n Cream, it was just for the 7 of us, as I could never get one for 9. It was for 7:30pm, and it was our intention to just get the Kitchen Sink. The process to get there from POR was take the bus to DHS, and walk to Beaches. We were going to take the boat but we saw the boat just left, and there was not another one in site. We walked fairly quick as for some reason we were late. It was along walk, took about 25 minutes. We got to Beaches n Cream about 7:35pm. This place was not easy to find if you don't know where you are going, which we did not, we got lost a few times. We got out pager, and had to wait outside, on the ground, as there were no tables. We waited about 35 minutes. I great underestimated this place. Dh was not happy about having to wait outside. The inside is super small, for some reason I was thinking it was a bit bigger. There are, I believe 3 or 4 booths, a counter with seats, and about 4 tables. We were put at 2 tables in the center together, these are round tables. We ordered, onion rings and the kitchen sink.

This was the only place our entire visit that the waitstaff spoke to me using my name, she knew my first name, and spoke to me using it a lot. She was great. The kids did a pretty good job polishing it off, especially ds5.
He just ate and ate and ate. Honestly I can't remember if he even at supper prior to this.
Now for the walk back. We were out of there around 8:55 or so. We saw the fireworks from DHS, hopped on the bus and caught a few fireworks form Epcot too.
Some great things to note, we were stroller free this trip. We went in thinking if we need to get a stroller we will. But ds5 and ds4 did fantastic. They kept up, and even helped us slow down and enjoy the walking and seeing everything. Even with the heat, they were great.
Next up Animal Kingdom EMH (yes, again!)
E]

wow 50 mins for Maelstrom! I know it is closing and all but that really is an indication of some high crowd levels.

And major bummer about the issues with signing up for Jedi Training ... was it just that crowded or were there other issues going on?

At least you got on a lot of the big attractions at DHS

Onion rings and ice cream works for me! And bonus getting to see some of 2 sets for fireworks :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter