50's Prime Time

Very much worth it. Food isn't top-of-line great, but it's good.

Try the "Sampling of Mom's Favorite Recipes" for a taste of all the best foods. And the Peanut Butter and Jelly Milkshake.

We eat there every trip, for the nostalgia I guess and the atmosphere. Foods ok, not great by any means but not awful either. I always get the fried chicken. My kids always get a big kick out of it. A lot of the fun depends on your server, we had one last trip who barely spoke English and was very bland, and it wasn’t nearly as much fun as it usually is.

Still couldn't tell if the breast meat is served. Am I missing something?
Oh you want to know if they serve breast specifically.? Couldn't tell ya sorry. (maybe someone else has been there and has ordered specifically that can answer.)

I've read that the fried cheese is one of Disneys best appetizers on property. Anyone know?

This is my daughter’s absolute favourite restaurant. She has her favourite waiters that really play up the antics. I usually get the fried cheese and onion rings .. not a huge fan of the entrees but everyone else likes them. Milkshakes are also delicious !

Generally, how long is a meal here?
Basically the same as any Disney restaurant. If you order apps and desserts and take your time, it's going to last longer than if you get an entree and then ask for the check.

We like it and probably eat there every other trip.

Of course, the decor looks like the kitchens I grew up with.

Love the fried chicken and meatloaf.

I will add that this is typically one of the faster sit-down meals, especially if you get one of the top 4 entrees - chicken, meatloaf, pot roast or the sampler. I feel like they constantly have a fresh supply of those foods ready to send out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter