Do you think they will start the 50th celebration early?

• Total voters

Angela Siener Williams

Earning My Ears
My husband is retired military and so we are able to get the salute tickets and room discounts typically, but as of now they are only through September 26, 2021. We really want to be there for the 50th-anniversary festivities but are unsure that they will release more dates. I was just wondering if anyone had any idea if any of the 50th merch or activities will be available then, or will it not start until the day? Basically, we are trying to weigh if the price difference is worth potentially missing out on the 50th. Does anyone have ideas on if they will extend the salute offers through the end of the year in 2021 or if the 50th is starting before Oct 1?

Discounts are starting to be released. Not tickets beyond 9/21/21 but Military Salute for the resort part of the offer, rooms can now be booked through 12/17/21

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-hotel-rates-2021/
I'd guess they'd probably release merch when the festivities start (don't they do it that way for Halloween and Christmas?) but just speculation.
We booked yesterday and have a couple different trips planned. We were surprised when our quoted prices for the same number of days and same weekday/weekend number same were more expensive for early Sept. as opposed to middle of Aug.

We do this trip every year and I don't think we've ever had a year where Sept. was more expensive than Aug. The CM said that prices would get higher the closer you got to the 50th...generally I don't take much stake in what a CM says, but it did seem odd that early Sept. would be more than mid Aug.

I don't think they will start celebrating early. That said, I do think they will have a new ticket offer for the 50th. They just extended the current salute ticket offer, two weeks before the current one was going to expire. The extension is good until Feb 2021. I think they will have a new offer for the 50th that will cost more and will be released in January right before the extension expires.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter