50th Anniversary Merchandise

Does anyone know if annual pass or Disney VISA discounts can be applied to anniversary merchandise in the parks? They didn't work on that merchandise on shopdisney. Thanks

Does anyone know if annual pass or Disney VISA discounts can be applied to anniversary merchandise in the parks? They didn't work on that merchandise on shopdisney. Thanks
Yes I’ve been able to have my AP discount applied in the Emporium at MK. But it only works at the store and not online as you said. Each time I’ve purchased 50th merchandise they’ve asked about and applied my AP discount. Not sure about the other parks. Hope that helps!

I like spirit jersey so I got one (and a back up). Husband got a pin. I would of like to have gotten a key chain but I didn't like the one that is out. And would of liked the Christmas ornament which is sold out everywhere and a coffee mug (no coffee mugs to be found). We were at WDW second week of October.

We really wanted the 50th coffee mug, but alas there were none to be found by the time we arrived on October 7, 2021 nor throughout our trip which ended October 15, 2021. Nothing else appealed and, in fact, I felt most of it was cheap and/or unattractive. We actually bought nothing this trip which is unusual.

Yes I’ve been able to have my AP discount applied in the Emporium at MK. But it only works at the store and not online as you said. Each time I’ve purchased 50th merchandise they’ve asked about and applied my AP discount. Not sure about the other parks. Hope that helps!
Thank you! It does help

this thread is rubbing salt in a wound. i stupidly went to wdw on vacation this week, saving my 50th merch shopping for the parks. omg i'm idiot. nothing i wanted was in stock anymore. i was so disappointed and stupid for thinking everything would be there. i would like the mug, the soft blanket and a gold sweatshirt (they had but only small) and none of that was in stock. everything out of stock except stupid numios (?!) and pins galore. i got a minnie plush for my daughter to collects minnie plushes. and a pin. They didn't even have the 50th blue tshirts left...

this thread is rubbing salt in a wound. i stupidly went to wdw on vacation this week, saving my 50th merch shopping for the parks. omg i'm idiot. nothing i wanted was in stock anymore. i was so disappointed and stupid for thinking everything would be there. i would like the mug, the soft blanket and a gold sweatshirt (they had but only small) and none of that was in stock. everything out of stock except stupid numios (?!) and pins galore. i got a minnie plush for my daughter to collects minnie plushes. and a pin. They didn't even have the 50th blue tshirts left...

That is disappointing. I'm in the same boat as you, saved my Merch shopping to do it in person. I'm going in 2 weeks.

Hey guys!! I have a Shopping Thread over on the News/Rumors board if you’d like to follow along!! We keep the thread updated daily with new merch from the parks & online and have been keeping track of the restocked merch. Visit us HERE if interested!!! Good luck! 🙂

Agreed, that really is the question. We'll be there next month, hopefully find some of the stuff in stock.

How's that fleece blanket?

I wound up getting the blanket...I was at the Emporium and they had none...I asked a cast member and was rudely told that "whatever the dwarves send up from the mine is what's in stock" - well I was talking with a very nice cashier as my friend was checking out...I explained to her how that's all I came for (the blanket) - she asked me which one so I said the white soft one...she said give me a minute and came back with TWO of them for me. I sent compliments to Disney re: her...she went above an beyond. Apparently at the emporium they have merchandise in their "cave" but they can't put it all out at once...

The blanket is soft but leaves white fuzz everywhere. Are you familiar with Kohl's "the big one" blankets? it's the same blanket (big and soft)... :)

I wound up getting the blanket...I was at the Emporium and they had none...I asked a cast member and was rudely told that "whatever the dwarves send up from the mine is what's in stock" - well I was talking with a very nice cashier as my friend was checking out...I explained to her how that's all I came for (the blanket) - she asked me which one so I said the white soft one...she said give me a minute and came back with TWO of them for me. I sent compliments to Disney re: her...she went above an beyond. Apparently at the emporium they have merchandise in their "cave" but they can't put it all out at once...

The blanket is soft but leaves white fuzz everywhere. Are you familiar with Kohl's "the big one" blankets? it's the same blanket (big and soft)... :)

That's amazing. Good on that cast member for helping you out. Shows it always pays to ask!!!

I have a mighty need for the EARidiscent Minnie Ears and the baseball cap. I never find out about this stuff when it goes on sale :'(

if you see what you want, GRAB IT! - all my wife wanted was the champagne flutes. We decided to wait so we didnt have to carry around glass flutes all day ... never saw another one over the course of 4 days. There are gobs on ebay though! :mic:

Overall I have been disappointed with WDW merchandise for some time. I have been traveling to WDW regularly since the early 90's and it seems like the offerings back then were more interesting, varied and unique.

For example, the jewelry selection is nothing to write home about. I have some really nice pieces (24 karat, diamonds and even platinum), nothing available today is a comparable rival.

Spirit jerseys, t-shirts, plush will always sell but now I rarely buy those and prefer staple pieces that will last.

Some of the 50th merchandise was interesting but very little of it was available during our trip last week. While I like the use of the iridescent appliques I will probably steer clear of that since it doesn't look the same after washing. I hope to see more of the collection in January, good thing this celebration is lasting 18 months.

Has anyone seen the 50th Anniversary lithograph at the parks lately? I've posted several times but haven't gotten an answer. Any info would be appreciated!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter