6..5..4..3..1..Blast off (May 2010)--updated itinerary

You sound like me. My husband just shakes his head when new things come in the door for vacation. :sad2: We've agreed to buy a new stroller too. I hate to because my youngest is 4 but her old one is shot and she will most likely need it while were are in the parks. If you don't mind that I ask, which brand did you buy?

I have a couple pairs of Merrell's. One pair of sandals and one pair of mary janes. Once I broke them in they were great. I have gigantic feet so I have to break the shoes in before I wear them anywhere like WDW. Hope you like your new goodies.:goodvibes

You sound like me. My husband just shakes his head when new things come in the door for vacation. :sad2: We've agreed to buy a new stroller too. I hate to because my youngest is 4 but her old one is shot and she will most likely need it while were are in the parks. If you don't mind that I ask, which brand did you buy?

I have a couple pairs of Merrell's. One pair of sandals and one pair of mary janes. Once I broke them in they were great. I have gigantic feet so I have to break the shoes in before I wear them anywhere like WDW. Hope you like your new goodies.:goodvibes

Glad to hear you like your Merrells. I got Mary Janes and tennis shoes. I'm going to try to break them in, but with freezing weather around here, I'm not sure I'll have a chance with the MJs.

We bought a Joovy Caboose Tandem Stroller. We needed to accomodate our 1yr old and let my 3yr and 5yr olds jump in and out quickly and take turns riding. The Joovy model we bought is like a sit and stand stroller. It's really sturdy. It was a bit expensive at $119 plus I bought a parent organizer to attach so about $150 total. ( I see the price has gone down now. :mad:) But it was still quite a deal compared to what it nomally costs and it should put up with a lot of travel for the next few years.

I've been working like crazy over our park touring plans! DH is even getting in on it already. We've changed our general itinerary again, including some of our ADRs. We get 4 Disney magazines--Celebrations, D23, Orlando Attractions, and our free Disney Files (DVC magazine.) Whenever DH reads about something he tries to change some aspect of our plans. Here's what we've got now...

Wed May 5:
Arrive at Beachclub Villas
DHS
Fantasmic Dinner Package at Brown Derby

Thu May 6:
Breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery using snack credits/ or picked up at Epcot night before
Pooltime at StormAlong Bay
Lunch at Beaches 'n Cream
Epcot
Dinner at Teppan Edo

Fri May 7:
Breakfast at Cape May Cafe
Epcot
Lunch at Rose & Crown
Taxi to Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando
Pooltime unless there's enough time to make it worth going to IOA
Meet IL's for dinner on Citywalk/ Margaritaville?

Sat May 8:
Islands of Adventure
pool break
Dinner/ Bubba Gump's?
More IOA

Sun May 9: (Mother's Day)
Universal Studios
Lunch at Lombards?
US until 6pm
Taxi to Bay Lake Towers (at the Contemporary Resort)

Mon May 10:

Pooltime
Dinner at 'Ohana--5pm
MK for a few attractions & Spectromagic

Tue May 11:
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Yak & Yeti (CS)
Jammin' Jungle Parade
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
Watch Wishes from Top of the World Lounge

Wed May 12:
Magic Kingdom
Princess lunch at CRT
break
Pinnochio's or Cosmic Ray's Dinner
More MK

Thu May 13:
DHS
lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
More DHS

Fri May 14:
Magic Kingdom
Parade around 3pm
Fly home 7:55pm

Quite a few changes since the last time I checked in.
I tried to give us a few more breaks and rearranged some of our dining.

I've also been picking out designs to make t-shirts for the kids. I don't think I'll do any/many adult ones this time. Soon I'll have to ask SIL if she wants any shirts made for her kids. I hope she does because it's so cute when they all match. I have to say though, that I don't think I'll do many for my baby either. Between her fairy outfit, a princess dress, and a cute onsie and skirt combo I bought on DCL for her along with other really cute summer outfits I bought her (on sale a year ago!), the t-shirts aren't as cute. We'll see.

Lots of changes, but your plans look great!! I am the same way about shirts for my baby girl. I will probably end up just doing them for my DS.

I don't know anything about US, but I wanted to say your plans look great! It looks like we may end up crossing paths on our trips. I love all of your shirts, can't wait to see what you come up with for this trip!

Lots of changes, but your plans look great!! I am the same way about shirts for my baby girl. I will probably end up just doing them for my DS.

Thank you! I'll have to find some super cute designs for the baby! I don't want to leave her out completely! Maybe a few outfit changes so we can do t-shirts and princess outfits? ;)

I don't know anything about US, but I wanted to say your plans look great! It looks like we may end up crossing paths on our trips. I love all of your shirts, can't wait to see what you come up with for this trip!

Thank you! See you there! You won't be able to miss our big group! :eek:

Completely changed our plans again! :scared1:
Here they are:

Wed May 5:
Arrive at Beachclub Villas
Beaches & Cream
Pooltime at StormAlong Bay

Thu May 6:
Breakfast at Boardwalk Bakery using snack credits
Epcot-FutureWorld
Lunch at Rose & Crown Pub
Break
Dinner at Yachtsman Steakhouse
Epcot--World Showcase
IllumiNations

Fri May 7:
Breakfast at Cape May Cafe
DHS
Lunch Sci-Fi Drive-In
Taxi to Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal Orlando
IOA or Pooltime

Sat May 8:
Islands of Adventure
pool break
Dinner at Margaritaville
More IOA

Sun May 9: (Mother's Day)
Universal Studios
Lunch at Lombards
US until 6pm
Taxi to Bay Lake Towers (at the Contemporary Resort)

Mon May 10:
Pooltime at BLT
Dinner at 'Ohana--5pm
MK for a few attractions & Spectromagic

Tue May 11:
Animal Kingdom
Lunch at Yak & Yeti (CS)
Jammin' Jungle Parade
Dinner at Whispering Canyon
Watch Wishes from Top of the World Lounge

Wed May 12:
Magic Kingdom
Lunch at Pinnochio's or Cosmic Ray's
break
Early dinner at CRT
More MK

Thu May 13:
DHS
lunch at 50's Prime Time Cafe
More DHS

Fri May 14:
Magic Kingdom
Parade around 3pm
Fly home 7:55pm

Hello...just found your PTR.

Your latest plans look great!

Your Kids are adorable!

We'll also be traveling with our SIL and her family on our upcoming vacation... I'm SUPER EXCITED!

Love all your creative Shirts and LOVED your autograph book.

Don't have any suggestions on where to eat at Universal. We usually go to Hard Rock, but I was just looking at the website and "Pastamore" looks really good, we might try that place this time.

Look foward to reading more.

Your plans look great! We are also going the first week of May. I LOVE your t-shirts! I checked out the Creative DISigns board and I am finding it a bit overwhelming - (I have never done a t-shirt before). Do you have a few designers you usually use? I know they are all great but I need a starting point. Thanks for any tips!

Hi! I love all your plans! We are also going for a few days in the first week of May. I can't wait.

I love Citywalk/Royal Pacific. You will enjoy the pooltime there! Make sure you sign up for Lowes rewards and you will get free cookies or chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival to your hotel :)

We have had good meals at Pat Obrien's, Hard Rock, and Margaritaville. Can't say enough good things about Emeril's in the hotel (Choup Tchoup or however you spell it!) but I do realize you have the kids with you.

Hello...just found your PTR.

Your latest plans look great!

Your Kids are adorable!

We'll also be traveling with our SIL and her family on our upcoming vacation... I'm SUPER EXCITED!

Love all your creative Shirts and LOVED your autograph book.

Don't have any suggestions on where to eat at Universal. We usually go to Hard Rock, but I was just looking at the website and "Pastamore" looks really good, we might try that place this time.

Look foward to reading more.

Thanks! When is your trip? It's a lot of fun traveling with extended family. Our kids love their cousins and we all have a wonderful time!

Your plans look great! We are also going the first week of May. I LOVE your t-shirts! I checked out the Creative DISigns board and I am finding it a bit overwhelming - (I have never done a t-shirt before). Do you have a few designers you usually use? I know they are all great but I need a starting point. Thanks for any tips!

I spend hours looking through the photobuckets/4shared files of the designers! There are so many great designers and I can't remember the names of all that have helped me. I mostly save designs directly from their files or see a really cool design and then request them to customize it for us. I usually just start looking through files and saving any and all designs that I like and then narrow them down just before we make the shirts. It is so addicting but so much fun to make and wear the shirts. My kids love looking through the designs with me and choosing which ones hey wear.

Hi! I love all your plans! We are also going for a few days in the first week of May. I can't wait.

I love Citywalk/Royal Pacific. You will enjoy the pooltime there! Make sure you sign up for Lowes rewards and you will get free cookies or chocolate covered strawberries upon arrival to your hotel :)

We have had good meals at Pat Obrien's, Hard Rock, and Margaritaville. Can't say enough good things about Emeril's in the hotel (Choup Tchoup or however you spell it!) but I do realize you have the kids with you.

Great tip about the rewards card! I think we do have one, but I'm not sure we told them about it. I'll make sure we do!

May sure is coming quickly now! Have a great trip!

Just for the fun of it today I made a spreadsheet comparing the cost of the Deluxe Dining Plan with the cost of paying cash and with using the TIW card. :surfweb: I think I was mostly motivated by getting to look through the menues and fantasize over what I will order. Yum! I have been so excited about getting the DxDDP for the first time! I thought it would really be worth it for the first part of our stay because we love TS dining and we'd be spreading 6 TS credits per person over three days (with our two night stay.) It must be a good value right? :thumbsup2

Well, here's what I found out. I calculated the cost based on what we would order with the DxDDP meaning appetizers, drinks, and a dessert for each person at each of the TS places we made ADRs at. The cash price adds up to $393.27 plus 20% for tips comes to 471.92. The DxDDP price is $372 plus the same tips calculated from he cash price comes to $450.65. So some may be pleased that overall we'd pay $21 less by purchasing the DxDDP plus get the extra added value of 16 snack credits and 4 refillable mugs. Not bad! Or is it?

We intend to buy a TIW card because we have a trip planned in December where we are using up a timeshare week (other than our beloved DVC) so we are staying off property and won't be eligible to get the DDP. We figure since it will be good for a year we'll buy it at the start of this May trip and be able to get a discount on alcohol or special kids drinks. Not that we get a lot, but we may as well get the card since we'll need it later anyway.

I calculated the cost of the above with TIW card: $385.40 including tips. So $65 less than buying the DxDDP. Again, this doesn't count the extra benefit of the 16 snacks and 4 mugs. At an average value of $3 per snack, the 16 snacks is $48 and the mugs I think are $13 each, but really only my DH would use his. So not much value to us.

While I was going all my figuring--I kept track of what we would order if we weren't using the DDP. Still splurging but not ordering a drink and dessert for each of us (we usually drink water and split a dessert.) The cost with ordering the way we usually do and using the TIW card is $333.34 including tips! Now we're talking savings!!!

I'm kind of sad because I was so excited about the DxDDP. But I realize I should be happy to have figured this out to save money! Even if we kept the exact same plan, we'd spend less with the TIW card instead of the DxDDP. I just know without the parameters of the plan we won't splurge as much. I know I'll change the Yachtsman Steakhouse ADR to something less expensive. We were only doing the Yachtsman to use up 2TS credits. I'll probably cancel the Cape May breakfast too. Overall this change of plan will be healthier for us and save us quite a bit of money. Does this justify more souvenirs??? :lmao:

Stay tuned to see more itinery changes... Sorry! Do I get the record for the most overanalyzing?

After my TIW epiphany, I analyzed the regular DDP that we have planned for the second part of our trip. I'll try to make it a simpler summary. :goodvibes Here's what I came up with for the 5 CS meals and 4 TS (5 TS credits) meals that we have planned:

-The cost for 2 Adults and 2 children-

If we were to pay cash: $582 incl.tips

Using TIW card: $500 incl. tips

Cost of DDP: $565 incl. tips BUT also includes 20 snack credits and we would actually order about $50 more in drinks (bottled water for me for later) and desserts at the restaurants so a little more added value for this cost.

If it were just my family going I would skip the DDP and just use the TIW card. (Remember we were going to get it anyway for our December trip so no added expense in purchasing the card.) But since the IL's are staying with us in a Grand Villa it will be easier to keep track of things if we all do the DDP. So we'll stick with that plan.

Now I'm going to do a little more calculating on that first leg of the trip to see if we would benefit from using just the regular DDP (I'm guessing not) and probably do some changes in dining itinerary.

I forgot to add in tax in my dining calculations! :headache: It hits me two days later! :laughing:

I'll let you know if it makes any difference in my plans.

UPDATED CALCULATIONS:
DxDDP for 2 nights (used over 3 days) for 2 adults and 2 children
$445 Cost of DxDDP incl. tips

$422 Cost of same meals incl. tax and tip with TIW discount
(Not incl. 16 snack credits and 4 refillable mugs that would be incl. on DxDDP)

$359 Cost of meals at same restaurants but sharing appetizer and dessert incl. tax tip and TIW discount
(Not incl. 16 snack crdits and 4 refillable mugs that would be incl. on DxDDP) But we would not normally use mugs or quite so many snack credits. But it would be fun! ;)

$328 Cost of meals, tax, and tips BUT dropping Yachtsman Steakhouse for Teppan Edo and of course not incl. snack credits and mugs.

And in case you just have to know, here's the updated calculations on the DDP for the second half of our trip:
DDP for 5 nights for 2 adults and 2 children
$564 Cost of DDP incl. tips where appropriate

$561 Cost of same meals incl. tax and tip with TIW discount
(Not incl. 20 snack credits that would be incl. in DDP)

$509 Cost of meals at same restaurants but sharing dessert incl. tax tip and TIW discount
(Not incl. 20 snack credits that would be incl. in DDP)

We had already decided to use DDP for this even before the comparison came out this close. It's just easier with our group of 11 for this part of our trip!

Now off to debate the pros and cons of DxDDP with my DH! :) What would you do?

Sorry for not being around. You did a lot of work on those calculations. It made me tired just reading them. Your trip should be coming up very soon. I hope you have a safe, fun, magical trip! :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter