6ft tall 500lb 5x shirts 60x30 slacks

Just an FYI we are here now and on our low walking day we walked over 16000 steps. Our high walking day was 23000. This is measured by my husband who is 6'7" with a 40 inch inseam (so long steps) so I probably walked a bit more with my shorter legs.

You all are reading too much into my question with all the scooter talk. And the gentleman who is concerned about the beds that was cruel and really hurt my feelings. My husband and I are taking our daughter, son in law and 8 year old grandson on a week long trip but my husband still has to telecommute from the villa during the day and will be joining us for dinner and a few rides a day. I asked a specific question that no one seems to know the answer to since none of the replies were from people of similar stature. (excluding the one very kind lady who sent us to her posts and she is still quite a bit smaller) I'm trying to select FastPass+ based on what will be comfortable and hence enjoyable for him.

You all are reading too much into my question with all the scooter talk. And the gentleman who is concerned about the beds that was cruel and really hurt my feelings. My husband and I are taking our daughter, son in law and 8 year old grandson on a week long trip but my husband still has to telecommute from the villa during the day and will be joining us for dinner and a few rides a day. I asked a specific question that no one seems to know the answer to since none of the replies were from people of similar stature. (excluding the one very kind lady who sent us to her posts and she is still quite a bit smaller) I'm trying to select FastPass+ based on what will be comfortable and hence enjoyable for him.

I feel terrible that people are judging your husband and suggesting things you aren't asking about.

If he is going to be spending the morning at the Villas I would get your fast passes for then for rides he probably wouldn't be able to go on so the rest of your party can enjoy them and then try for your 4th and so on fast passes for the things he is ore likely to be able to ride.

I tried doing research for you but everything I came up with and the personal experience I have is with a guest in the 300s so I'm afraid I can only say what is tight for that and might be issues at the larger scale.

The only thing I know 100% would not be feasible is seven dwarfs mine train, Sum of All Thrills at Epcot and the similar simulator at Disney quest. Besides those my party has never had issues. I tried finding out the seat belt extenders from attractions friends but all the friends I have work at attractions with lap bars to which they said as long as it locks you can ride but it is hard to give a firm yes or no due to body shape differences.

I am so sorry that no one here can give you the specific information that you are seeking. I truly hope that the posters with the concerns for the bed an chairs where not being rude, but just trying to bring up an issues that could possible cause injury to your husband and embarrassment. :hug:
I can not give you first hand experience but I do have a friend that goes often. She is not as tall as your husband, 5'8" but she is near 430 lbs. I asked her to think about some of the rides that she skipped or caused trouble and below is what she sent to me. I hope that it may help you some. Also she does not use a scooter or wheelchair when she goes, but she did say that by the end of her trip her knees and ankles suffer from the extended walking. I will post again when she gets me the rest of the information, she only gave me Magic Kingdom for now, but if you have a question about a specific ride please let me know and I will ask. She did ask me to tell you that most of her weight she carries on her belly and hips. Obviously depending on how your husband carries his weight he may have a different experience all together.

MK:
Haunted Mansion due to the bar I have to have my own ride car so I can sit in the middle
Peter Pan was a no go
Small world they did not fully load the boat with me
Did not do Splash, Big thunder or space mt
Jungle Cruise was a chore getting out. I will not do it again
at tea cups the wheel rubs my belly not a problem but if someone wants to spin they have to ride in a different cup than me
can not fit into astro orbiter
carousel of progress the seats are a bit tight, same with philharmagic and hall of presidents
Buzz lightyear i have to have my own car because i can not squish to the side to let another adult ride comfortably.
people mover is tight
can not fit in barnstormer
Dumbo and carpet belt are tight, but doable, again i have to have a seat to myself
the tree house was hard because the stairs where so narrow, there where people trying to push past me.
under the sea i had my own car again
seven dwarfs was not open during my last trip, but i assume it would be a very tight fit

... I truly hope that the posters with the concerns for the bed an chairs where not being rude, but just trying to bring up an issues that could possible cause injury to your husband and embarrassment. :hug: ...

I agree, I certainly hope those who have commented other than the original question were only bringing up concerns they thought you may not have considered yet, and you expressed concern about your husband being embarassed. Let's keep responses to the question asked -- which is specific to information about ride cars and seats at shows.

OP -- I don't have first-hand experience to share. I have heard of people asking for a seatbelt extender when appropriate; one ride I have heard the extenders are NOT allowed is Kali River Rapids at AK. One "bonus" of using an ECV is that it will be a guaranteed seat at shows. Sometimes shows have bench seating, which should be fine, but at those with more of a "theater" type seats with arms, the ECV could provide him a seat for those.

Enjoy your vacation!

I am so sorry to her the what I intended to be a genuine question has caused the OP offence that was not my intention. I hope your trip is trouble free and without incident.

I'm a big guy as well 6'5, 295 and 46 inch waste, 34 inseam and I just fit on everything most rides are tight but comfortable enough, I know I have more height than your Hubby so leg room is more of an issue for me, but I think he would do OK on the long bench rides without bars which are:

MK:
Pirates
Haunted Mansion (might be tight)
Small World
Jungle Cruise (Embark/Disembarking might be a problem worth a shot though)
People Mover (Small Entry Door on vehicle might be a problem)
Flying Carpets
Dumbo
Little Mermaid (might be tight)
Tiki Room (Benches)

EC:
Space Ship Earth
Living With the Land
Ellens Energy Adventure
Gran Fiesta Tour
Maelstrom
Nemo and Friends (Big Clam Shell No problem)
Journey into Imagination

DHS:
Great Movie Ride
Motor Car Stunt Show (benches)
Backlot Tour (But it's closing soon I think)
Indiana Jones (benches)
Beauty and The Beast (benches)
Fantasmic (Benches)

AK:
Kilaminjaro Safaris
Tough to be a Bug
Kali River Rapids (You'll probably need to use both seats but they have seat belt extenders)
Lion King (benches)

That's all I can think of off the top of my head. The other shows theaters I didn't mention because they have regular to small seats which might be a tight fit but you can always try.

Hope that helps

you were only looking for fast pass suggestions for him, nor did you say he would only be with you for a very short time in the evening.

We are basically trying to help. Hubby and I are Pooh size and we use scooters even for shorter stays in the park.

If you are going without a scooter then I would strongly suggest staying as close to the front of the park as possible when he is with you in the park; hence, less walking. Pick rides and restaurants that are close to the entrance.

I'm still concerned about the chairs used at most of the restaurants holding your husband's weight and the close proximity of the table seating areas to get through and pass other tables and such.

Ok now I'm just laughing. Suffice it to say we travel frequently and eat out frequently. I'm certainly not worried about beds or chairs. Although I admit we aren't fans of booths. I don't know what you are picturing in your mind but these have never been issues.

Seven dwarfs mine train vehicle is very small - I don't know why they made it so small, but two adults in one vehicle is a tight squeeze. One 500 lb person would not fit as it is a molded/shaped seat design. There's a bump in the middle of the backrest and the seat.

You need to consider renting a scooter. This will be tough though; because, I couldn't find scooters beyond 500 pound capacity to rent. He will be maximizing the weight capacity of a heavy duty scooter which means the battery charge will decline more rapidly; so, you will have to watch the charge diligently. You can do an emergency charge at the park, but that will take time, a lot of time to do. Prices seem to go $300 to $350/week for a deluxe model from an outside vendor. The Disney park scooters will not tolerate his weight. The average Disney guest goes 6 miles a day of walking at the parks. There are some that go double that amount. This isn't constant walking and includes getting in and out of shows and rides. The scooter arms lift up; so, you can manually make that adjustment. Scooters give you handicap access. He can sit in the scooters during shows. You need to remember to shut the scooter off during shows, parades, and fireworks to conserve the battery power. I would not add extra weight to the scooter's basket. Don't add a camera, or drinks or whatever; this will add to the weight capacity of the scooter.

Why a scooter? She didn't say he can't walk.

Because she's nice and was trying to help him. I have a family member who was morbidly obese (about 150 lbs less and 9 points lower on the BMI scale) and she tried to do WDW and ended up in a wheelchair. She could ride everything but her body could not handle the walking. Why make yourself miserable? People are just trying to make suggestions for the best trip possible.

The average trek through the park for the average guest is 6 miles per day. This includes getting in and out of the parks and rides and the park itself.

As described later in the posts, the op stated her hubby won't be in the parks until later in the day; so, it may or may not help him to have a scooter, but initially it sounded like he would be with his family all day. Anyway, even 3 miles of walking for the evening still could be difficult. Usually at home you just don't do that much walking and there is standing to contend with on the ride lines.

We have used scooters for as little as 4 hours in the park. My hubby couldn't do two hours without one.

The Disney scooters are rated for a maximum of 450 pounds and so a scooter rental here will require an outside vendor. I just feel they should be ready with an alternate plan in case it becomes necessary to have a scooter. I would hope hubby would rather use a scooter and enjoy his family then to sit in his room all the time.

If he can manage without a scooter than that's great. I would almost suggest going to a local zoo for the day and see how hubby handles that park before going to Disney World. That would be a good test for Disney World.

I don't know anyone here personally, but I have never seen someone in his weight category walking through the parks. I've been to Disney World over 45 times.

I have seen a bunch of threads on Pooh sized but my husband is more of Baymax. We are making our first trip to WDW this Halloween and staying at Kidani Village for a week and bringing our daughter, son-in-law and 8 year old grandson. What can my husband ride? I don't want him to suffer any embarrassment at the last minute. I am a 100 plus visit veteran of Disneyland and I seem to think rides like Soarin' won't work. What about shows do they have any seats without arms?

I am very pooh sized, near your husbands weight and 5' 10". I am sorry for some of the rudeness you have experienced here. I just wanted to say I have no trouble walking around WDW as long as I don't try to tour the parks commando style. We even have gone for 6 park days in a row, open to close. Not all supersize people have trouble walking. I enjoy taking my time and experiencing everything anyway. I have no trouble with any seatbelt rides, including Soarin', TOT, Test Track, and Star Tours. (Dinosaur belt was fine but no belly/knee room made it very uncomfortable with all the jerking). My tip is to grab the belt before sitting and pull it all the way out, then hold the belt in place while you fasten over your legs, and sit down. You can also ask for an empty seat next to you so you don't "overlap" someone else. Cast members are usually very accommodating. It works every time. The belts are really long. If all else fails, you can run the belt under your belly. There are some rides that are a bit difficult to get in and out of if he has any mobility issues at all, but it doesn't have anything to do with size. The only rides I have ever had trouble with are Kali River Rapids (I didn't know to ask for an extender), Astro Orbiter, that simulator ride in innoventions, and Haunted mansion with someone else(I was fine alone and in the middle). Fitting in all the rides is the reason I love WDW so much. You can also ask for armless chairs at the shows with tiny seats. The create a tee shop in downtown disney has shirts to 5x as well.

Feel free to msg me with any questions you have and I will be happy to help you out.

I am very pooh sized, near your husbands weight and 5' 10". I am sorry for some of the rudeness you have experienced here. I just wanted to say I have no trouble walking around WDW as long as I don't try to tour the parks commando style. We even have gone for 6 park days in a row, open to close. Not all supersize people have trouble walking. I enjoy taking my time and experiencing everything anyway. I have no trouble with any seatbelt rides, including Soarin', TOT, Test Track, and Star Tours. (Dinosaur belt was fine but no belly/knee room made it very uncomfortable with all the jerking). My tip is to grab the belt before sitting and pull it all the way out, then hold the belt in place while you fasten over your legs, and sit down. You can also ask for an empty seat next to you so you don't "overlap" someone else. Cast members are usually very accommodating. It works every time. The belts are really long. If all else fails, you can run the belt under your belly. There are some rides that are a bit difficult to get in and out of if he has any mobility issues at all, but it doesn't have anything to do with size. The only rides I have ever had trouble with are Kali River Rapids (I didn't know to ask for an extender), Astro Orbiter, that simulator ride in innoventions, and Haunted mansion with someone else(I was fine alone and in the middle). Fitting in all the rides is the reason I love WDW so much. You can also ask for armless chairs at the shows with tiny seats. The create a tee shop in downtown disney has shirts to 5x as well.

Feel free to msg me with any questions you have and I will be happy to help you out.

Im pretty sure the OP has been on her trip now, maybe they will come back and say how it went,
as for people being rude! i honestly think they was all concerned for the Op husband and was thinking about things that might cause concern, I know for sure that i would have had the same concerns for anyone that size,and that chairs in restaurents and table size would have been a huge worry for me, knowing how tiny the tables and chairs are so that they can accomadate so many guests at one time.
I can think of restaurents where even i thought it was tight and im 5ft and a size 6!!
so they was valid.I do hope the husband got some enjoyment out of the trip.

We had a amazing time. He had no problem walking all 7 days in the parks. New iPhone app showed he averaged over 10k steps per day. King beds at Kidani were comfy. Chairs at Merakesh, Teppan Edo, TRex, Be Our Guest, Sanaa, and O'hana all fine. Got some great advice about rides and attractions from BigFatPanda before heading there in October. Trip was such a success DH and I are going back 12/7-12/13 just the two of us because as DH put it, "Was the most fun I ever had walking."

Glad to hear I love Disney and can go on any ride unite Universal I don't fit in any of the newer rides

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter