Dining Plan Review

Cast Members

Kim- still holding at 35
Steve- DH-45
Bryan- DN-14
Jay – DS- 15

We are on the Dining Plan-
Total cost dining plan-$ 1050
Total cost- $ 1474- would be more with the snacks and some of the counter service amounts are guesses

Check in 4-15

Did buy Mugs for all- Brought Bottled Water and breakfast stuff from home

Snack- Starring Rolls Bakery- One water and on soda- ours were still hot- total 4.98=2 snack credits

Lunch- Sassagoula Food Court
I had the Taco Salad- used mug for drink – got a bottled water for later
DH- Muffaletta- some kind of sandwich with chips- also used mug- water for later
DN- Grilled chic sand with fries- also used mug- water for later
DS- Personal pepperoni pizza- used mug- lemonade for later

Deserts- 2 pudding with worm- 2 fruit bowls- all good

Total 47.00 and change- did not have pen to write down total- 4 CS credits

Dinner- Boatwrights Dining Hall- Riverside
Me-shrimp cocktail, top sirloin steak, potatoes,green beans and cheescake- soda
Dh- French onion soup, jambalya, cheesecake- milk shake and coffee
They did not charge us for the coffee- it is listed on our bill-zero charge
DS-shrimp cocktail- prime rib, baked potato, choc cake- milkshake
DN-shrimp cocktail- herb roasted chic-potatoes- milkshake and choc cake

Did not allow refills on the milkshake- but did allow DH to order coffee and milkshake
Total including tip $197.22- 4 TS credits

Lunch Whispering Canyon Café-
Me and DH- Canyon Skillet- no appetizer with this-both milkshakes- happiest celebration dessert and choc cake
DN app- nachos- entrée chic sandwich- milkshakes- happy dessert
DS app- chili-pulled pork sandwich-milkshake- choc cake

Milkshakes were bottom less- had the deserts to go

Total including tip $ 127.82- 4 TS

Dinner- Columbia Harbor House

For 3 -Ds stayed to swim- had dessert for dinner

Me- fish and chips coke- choc cake
DH- Anchor Tuna Sand- chips choc milk and choc cake
DN- chicken strips and fries- sprite – choc cake

Total for all 36.00- 3 CS

Lunch Tangierine Café and Liberty Inn

Me- Saffon Chic and rice- lemonade
DH Chic and lamb combo- bottle water

Total- 42.00-2 CS

DN and DS- 2 Chic strips combo 2 smore, 2 sprite

Total $ 26.78- 2 CS

Dinner- Coral Reef

Me- shrimp cocktail, 12 0z New York Strip- sprite- chocolate wave
DH- Lobster soup, Pan seared flounder- rootbeer- butterscoth brulee
DS- shrimp cocktail- 12 oz new york strip- sprite- chocolate wave
DN- shrimp cocktail , grilled chic breast-chocolate wave

Total $236.15- 4 TS

Dinner- Le Cellier
Me and DH-Cheese Soup-Mushroom Filet-Cappuccino Shake-Desert Trio-
DS-Shrimp Cocktail-Jumbo shrimp with pasta-choc shake-
DN-beef and barley soup-free range chic-choc shake-
We ordered 2 dessert trios-

Total $207.74- TS

Lunch- Backlot Express

We ordered 3 chic strip basket and one double cheesburger basket- also had choc cake- 4 sodas 4-CS total 52.91

Dinner- 50’s Primetime Café

Me – fried cheese appetizer- pot roast and choc shake- no dessert here we were all to full

DH- Trout Dip- Pot Roast- root beer float-
DN- and DS both had the fried chic with milkshake- one had chic noodle soup app and the other shrimp cocktail-
4-TS $120.99

Lunch- Flame Tree BBQ

Dh did not eat here- nothing- looked good to him

Ds and I each had the 1/2 chic and DN had the ribs- the let us order the frozen lemonade as the dessert
3-CS total 42.00

Dinner- Ohana

Of courser we all had the same thing- this was out first time- so I cannot compare to old menu

Everyone loved the peel and eat shrimp- we ate 2 bowls- loved the potatoes- also 2 bowls- no one touched the vegetables- so can only say they looked good- but we are on vacation and not doing a lot of veggie eating- As for the wontons- boys loved them with the peanut sauce DH used the sauce for some of the meat and I did not have any- was saving room for good stuff- Pork-everyone loved it- Steak- bigger piece chewy small pieces best- sausage- good for all- Turkey loved by all---The best part was the dessert and yes we polished off 2- yes 2 of them with the 4 of us-it was one of the best things so far and I would go back just for the dessert – but we like other things so will go again

Total 4 TS- 129.43

Pepper Market- Lunch

DH- had the Chic Quasdella(sp)- liked it with black beans and rice- would do again
Me- Had the Bourbon Chic- with rice- chic and veggies good- rice need another couple of minutes to cook- but we did go soon after 11 am
Both boys had the Calzone- they loved it but could have split it as they could not finish

Great place for lunch- cool décor and great food

Cookies for dessert to go
Total 4 CS total 48.00
Dinner- Concourse steakhouse
Little patchy on this one lost my receipt

Apptizers- 2 wing-2 lobster bisgue
Entrée-2 chipotle ribeyes-2 ribs
Dessert- 4 triple choc cake

Total about $160.00-4 ts

Last day-breakfast- food court
Did not keep receipt- but we used 4 CS credits

After 7 days on the dining plan- for the first time- I could kick myself for not doing it before- we loved pre-paying for all the meals- saying yes to the kids when they wanted to order something expensive- that sometimes they did not finish- and the ease of the plan was awesome

Several of the TS asked us at checkin if we were on the plan- never felt service was lacking because of the tip included- loved the whole thing- would do it everytime

Hope you like the review – please feel free to ask any questions

That is my favorite part of the dining plan is nat having to worry about paying for meals and watching what the kids order and eat! Makes things soo much easier and less stress~full;)
Sound slike you had fun!!

We did the dining plan in Dec. for the first time and loved it! We are going back in Sept. for free dining! (I am such a sucker) My husband says we need to shopping for stretch pants before we go this time. We have an ADR for Coral Reef this time around... Sounds like you had a good meal there...I was a little iffy about it, but now I will keep the ressie. :)
Thanks for the info!!

Hi Kim,

Thanks for the reviews and all the details. :thumbsup2 I have a question - at 50's Primetime were you able to order shakes in place of soda, they weren't considered dessert were they?

:cool1: Great reviews! My boys are 10 & 12 and I was worried abot what they would eat, but they seem to have similar tastes to your guys. makes me feel a lot better, especially when I totalled it all up to over $1400.

43 days and counting!

OMGoodness, that's a LOT o' food with Milkshakes to boot! lol :rotfl: Dining plan is just the bomb! Can't wait to experience it again in August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter