70 to Freezing in 7 hours. A Nov/Dec 2011 trip report. Updated 4/28

Subbing and back to read. Just skimmed through your pictures and they are lovely!

Welcome :flower3:
And thank you :) I like pictures. I took over 3000 on this trip :littleangel: :goodvibes

Wow, your momma just isn't having a very good morning. :lmao: I'm glad that a CM was there to step up and try to make things better though.

Sorry that you didn't get to see Lilly.

That AK Christmas tree is so pretty, I see why you wanted to go at this time! We're taking our first Winter Disney trip in just 3 days :yay: we are so excited and seeing all these beautiful photos makes us even more excited to go!

Disney is certainly lovely during the holidays. I seen it twice, I’d like to do it again (but in early December next time).

We haven’t been to tusker house since it was made a character experience, but we always enjoyed the breakfast available here. When my son was younger, we’d head over to Harambe and get passes for the Safari and then go eat breakfast. I always found the atmosphere at Tusker to be very relaxing.

The Pangani trail is a lot of fun as well… most of the time… ummmmm….
Your mom was having a fairly difficult morning now wasn’t she?
May that nonsense not continue any farther (and may it not include any chance encounters with unsocial tigers).

Looking forward to the next installment!

Wow, what a morning. Bird poop and all. When I was a kid, we walked out of church once and bird flew by and pooped on my moms head. We had to rush home and she was NOT happy at all. I think my sister and I cried about it. :laughing:

Wow, your momma just isn't having a very good morning. :lmao: I'm glad that a CM was there to step up and try to make things better though.

Sorry that you didn't get to see Lilly.

Yeah Momma was very upset that her new white top was destroyed. But she got lucky and got to go backstage in Disney even it was was only to use the bathroom :goodvibes

That AK Christmas tree is so pretty, I see why you wanted to go at this time! We're taking our first Winter Disney trip in just 3 days :yay: we are so excited and seeing all these beautiful photos makes us even more excited to go!
It really is amazing there at Xmas. The decorations alone are fantastic! When we came home the decorations in our home town and capital city were such a let down compared to disney. No dancing lights or anything over here :rotfl:

Disney is certainly lovely during the holidays. I seen it twice, I’d like to do it again (but in early December next time).

We haven’t been to tusker house since it was made a character experience, but we always enjoyed the breakfast available here. When my son was younger, we’d head over to Harambe and get passes for the Safari and then go eat breakfast. I always found the atmosphere at Tusker to be very relaxing.

The Pangani trail is a lot of fun as well… most of the time… ummmmm….
Your mom was having a fairly difficult morning now wasn’t she?
May that nonsense not continue any farther (and may it not include any chance encounters with unsocial tigers).

Looking forward to the next installment!

I would definately go back in holiday time prob same time of year but I'd really like to go back for last week in october and first week in november to get the halloween and xmas decorations in :)

I'm trying to remember what comes next I think it gets better for her. :goodvibes
Tusker house was fun but I think we went to late.

Wow, what a morning. Bird poop and all. When I was a kid, we walked out of church once and bird flew by and pooped on my moms head. We had to rush home and she was NOT happy at all. I think my sister and I cried about it. :laughing:
I felt kinda bad for Mam she was very upset over her white top and it was fairly unpleasant for her. I think it came out when she got home and washed it but she was afraid it wouldn't.

Day 2, part 4:

After getting photopass pics and what not we headed to the ruins of an ancient temple in the form of the Maharajah Jungle Trek!
We had to be very careful though because there were Tigers about:
DSCF2080.jpg

First we had a game of odd duck out:
DSCF2081.jpg

Then we round the corner and sure enough there was a Tiger lurching:
DSCF2085.jpg

I think he was feeling a little anti-social that day however because he would not pose for pictures. At least Lilly's daddy posed instead!
Then I had a little bit of a slow moment because I took this picture thinking oooh pretty:
DSCF2086.jpg

and didn't spot this guy and girls until the CM said he's a bit of a player with the three ladies:
DSCF2087.jpg

Someone else was apparently feeling (and looking) a bit grumpy that day as well:
DSCF2088.jpg

But there was some very pretty bird houses on this trek and I kinda want one for my garden:
DSCF2093.jpg

After that scary encounter with the anti-social Tiger it was time for a snack in the form of:
DSCF2097.jpg

hmmmm Mickey Ice-cream sandwich bar! :lovestruc
After filling up on Mickey's ice-cream we headed on over to Dinoland USA to check out the area and it was even decorated for Christmas:
DSCF2100.jpg

DSCF2101.jpg

DSCF2104.jpg

DSCF2105.jpg

DSCF2106.jpg

DSCF2107.jpg

I wandered the shop there as well for a bit while I was waiting for a certain doggy to take a snack break and spotted this guy:
DSCF2111.jpg

Who knew Dinosaurs wore santa hats?!!
Some super cool disney food:
DSCF2113.jpg

This dude would not wait for a picture which made me sad:
DSCF2115.jpg

But this guy came back out for a picture and I think I was third in line so no huge wait:
DSCF2120.jpg

When I went back to Momma (she won't do character pics) some strange man had come over to her and given her a Disney button (those where her words) and I was like aws I want one where is the strange man. She gave me hers instead:
DSCF9063.jpg

After that we said goodbye to Dinoland USA:
DSCF2121.jpg

and headed off to find a spot to watch the parade.

Next up Jingly fun in the Jungle.

Day 2, part 5:

On our way out of Dinoland we tried to see the Winnie the Pooh characters but CM sent us away because they had gone for snacks so I went and got pics with these guys instead:
DSCF2124.jpg

DSCF2124a.jpg

We then wandered up to the gates of Africa and sat on a bench outside the first-aid/childcare place and I wandered another one of the shops while we waited for the parade since it was fairly quiet in that area. It was a great place to sit for the parade because it never really got busy there that day and parade came straight down out of Africa. But that's a side note for now while I was waiting I took pics in the shop to pass the time.
Duffy for 2011
DSCF2127.jpg

and he got a new hoodie for 2012:
DSCF2126.jpg

Cute Christmas tree:
DSCF2129.jpg

I thought these were cute:
DSCF2133.jpg

There was a Mickey mouse one with Pluto pj's and slippers on.
I also like how they made the girl bug (name?) a Disney princess :
DSCF2136.jpg

While I was doing all that Momma was sat on a bench outside making a little friend for herself. She sat beside a mother who had a handicapped child with her. The little girl had got a Peter Pan playset in the shop and was sharing all the pieces with Momma. They moved on once her sister and daddy came back from wherever they had been and then it time for the Jingle Jungle Parade:
DSCF2139.jpg

DSCF2142.jpg

I like how they even decorated the big animal floats:
DSCF2147.jpg

DSCF2152.jpg

Poor Donald's on the naughty and nice list. Santa just couldn't make up his mind:rotfl:
DSCF2153.jpg

DSCF2160.jpg

DSCF2164.jpg

After the parade we went to sit down and decide where to next and a lady told us we dropped our autograph book behind the bench. It wasn't ours but we figured it was prob belonging to the little friend Momma had made because at one point when they were beside us the stroller toppled over so it prob fell off it then. Anyway we took it with us hoping we'd meet them along the way and if not we would hand it into lost and found.

Next up land of the 555 Christmas Trees

All caught up again!! Loving the pics, although I do hope you post one of you...:rolleyes1. Thanks for being such a support to us and hoping 2021 is wonderful to you!

I love all your photos and the parade. You got some fun trek photos as well. I never seem to be able to go through there leisurely with the family, and I didn't even walk through it in Aug, since our time was limited for the most part.

I love all your photos and the parade. You got some fun trek photos as well. I never seem to be able to go through there leisurely with the family, and I didn't even walk through it in Aug, since our time was limited for the most part.

We don't really do the big rides ever so we do shows and the trails in Animal Kingdom instead. They're nice except I wanted to see how big Lilly was and never got time to go back!

All caught up again!! Loving the pics, although I do hope you post one of you...:rolleyes1. Thanks for being such a support to us and hoping 2012 is wonderful to you!

Thank you. There might be a pic of me eventually.
Hope you have a great 2012 as well :)

Bumping back up the question about 12 inch Duffy and does anyone know where one might get clothes for 12 inch Duffy. The outlet store was selling them naked and DN10 is looking for clothes for him because the build a bear clothes are to big!

Also does anyone else have cd of Magic in the streets? I got one when I was there in December and it the music plays fine on my dvd player but it won't read on my computer. I wondered if this was just due to copyright but I wanted to put it on my ipod :(

Bumping back up the question about 12 inch Duffy and does anyone know where one might get clothes for 12 inch Duffy. The outlet store was selling them naked and DN10 is looking for clothes for him because the build a bear clothes are to big!
(

I meant to answer this yesterday. Lisa has 12 inch Duffy...she just uses the BAB clothes...yes, they are a bit big, but they do work! Of course, Lisa also puts her BAB clothes on her AG doll..she isn't picky, as long as they have clothes... and she knows that is all we can afford, so she makes do...Maybe someone has a pattern and your niece could have some made??? That would be GREAT!

3000 pictures!!!!! You go!

Really enjoying all your AK pictures. Its my favorite park and you got some great and unique shots. I was just there a few weeks ago and now I can't wait to go edit my trek pictures after seeing your. I loved the mahalarjah trek and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy it in the cooler weather.

Keep those pictures coming!!!!!

Didn't you just love the Christmas parade?

Great pictures. I loved the details of the Jungle Trek. DW said she wants one of those bird houses.

I didn't even notice the dinosaur with the santa hat when we were there. I must not have been paying enough attention when we were in Dinoland.

I'm glad you are doing a TR, you have a great way of "telling" about your trip!:thumbsup2

I really need to get back to the Tiger trek, it always seemed to get skipped, along with the bird show.

Love the parade pics, it looks so festive!

I meant to answer this yesterday. Lisa has 12 inch Duffy...she just uses the BAB clothes...yes, they are a bit big, but they do work! Of course, Lisa also puts her BAB clothes on her AG doll..she isn't picky, as long as they have clothes... and she knows that is all we can afford, so she makes do...Maybe someone has a pattern and your niece could have some made??? That would be GREAT!

I think DN10 prob just wants Disney Duffy clothes... May have to explain she'll have to make do and get the bigger Duffy for her birthday.

If anyone reading can make Duffy clothes let me know though.

3000 pictures!!!!! You go!

Really enjoying all your AK pictures. Its my favorite park and you got some great and unique shots. I was just there a few weeks ago and now I can't wait to go edit my trek pictures after seeing your. I loved the mahalarjah trek and it was wonderful to be able to enjoy it in the cooler weather.

Keep those pictures coming!!!!!

Didn't you just love the Christmas parade?

I like taking pictures of things I like.. Lots of pictures! :goodvibes I also took six video tapes of footage in past years that has been only been three so looking forward to getting stuck into them and making holiday dvds but waiting for photopass to arrive to start that. Will prob rip a few more pics off the video footage as well :)

Animal Kingdom is one of our take it easy parks hence starting with it.

Great pictures. I loved the details of the Jungle Trek. DW said she wants one of those bird houses.

I didn't even notice the dinosaur with the santa hat when we were there. I must not have been paying enough attention when we were in Dinoland.

Thank you. I loved the bird houses they were cool looking.

The dinosaur with Santa hat was inside the shop in Dinoland not sure what it was called. I was killing time because CM sent me away from Pluto line. He wasn't going to let people form a wait line when Pluto was going in for a snack!

I'm glad you are doing a TR, you have a great way of "telling" about your trip!:thumbsup2

I really need to get back to the Tiger trek, it always seemed to get skipped, along with the bird show.

Love the parade pics, it looks so festive!

Thanks. Trip report lets me hold onto Disney for a bit longer while I try figure out finances and times for when I can go again :rotfl:

We totally missed the Tiger Trek the passed three times we went so I made it my main mission to visit that this year!

The parade was so cute with all the Xmassy stuff. That of course was timid though compared to the rest of the Xmas stuff in the other parks wow factor :goodvibes

Day 2, part 6:

This trip report is going to be alot longer than I thought! Part 6 of first park day and i'm not finished yet. Firing these up this week though for two reasons first the day 2 pics are all sitting in photobucket waiting for their story to be told and secondly I'm going back to college next week so won't have as much time to update as often and another 14 days to get through so lots of Xmassy Disney fun for a while :goodvibes

Anyways back to trip report
After parade we headed down to Camp Minnie Mickey to meet a few friends and Camp Minnie Mickey was of course decorated for Xmas.
DSCF2166.jpg

There was loads of Christmas trees there hence the land of 555 Christmas trees title for this update (although there may not have technically been 555 Christmas trees but there was alot for one area of the park :) ) There was basically a Christmas tree for many Disney characters:
Chip and Dale:
DSCF2168.jpg

Meeko:
DSCF2169.jpg

Pocahontas:
DSCF2170.jpg

Pluto:
DSCF2171.jpg

I guess Country bears?
DSCF2175.jpg

DSCF2176.jpg

Nemo:
DSCF2178.jpg

The Lion King:
DSCF2179.jpg

No idea but hey it's another Xmas tree:
DSCF2181.jpg

Lilo:
DSCF2205.jpg

and finally ( for now) Stitch:
DSCF2208.jpg

Next up Visiting old friends and the white bus!

This trip report is going to be alot longer than I thought!
I know what you mean. I started writing up more of my TR in Word today and ended up with about 3 pages for not quite all of day 1. I'm going to have to do some edit work so that I don't bore everyone.:lmao::rotfl2:

Next up Visiting old friends and the white bus!
uh oh... not the blue bus???

Thanks for posting the pictures of the trees. We didn't get to spend a lot of time in Camp Minnie Mickey. That was something I was really looking forward to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter