7DMR - Line jumping

The whole bathroom emergency doesn't bother me because we've all been there AND you watch the person walk out through the line on their way to potty (unless you come on after of course--but you wouldn't be very far into the line.) When they return you remember them leaving. I try not to let line cutters bother me but they do. It's just plain rude.

I've seen people in Splash jump into the FP line to cut the standby line.

A couple of times I've had to get out of line with a kid to go potty. When that happens, assuming the space allows it, my DH waits where he is in line and lets others pass him up until we can catch up after the potty break. He doesn't keep moving up the line.

A couple of times I've had to get out of line with a kid to go potty. When that happens, assuming the space allows it, my DH waits where he is in line and lets others pass him up until we can catch up after the potty break. He doesn't keep moving up the line.

This is exactly why I disagreed with what Guest Services directed me to do. They wanted my companion to proceed with the flow of the line and for me to catch up. In fact they actually told me to "just push to the front of the line". Just trying to figure out where to go after having to leave the line, is a huge problem. It was a terrible idea and one that caused me great distress.

I understand that every GS CM will give people a different answer but the first answer I got was just plain terrible.

Great input here. I just thought it odd it was the only ride I saw happen last week. I agree with one poster here to blow it off, as we only get to the MK once every 2 years, don't let it ruin your day. Unfortunately after the 3rd time my mouth had it's own agenda!

We've been hitting the local six flags all summer since we returned from wdw in June. They have signs posted at every big ride as indicated below. I don't find it obtrusive at all. It reaffirms how we know we're all supposed to go through line and it makes those who are thinking about cutting think twice. I didn't see a single person cut in line in five separate visits this summer. Regrettably, over the years I've had several run-in's with cutters at WDW simply because it was so blatant and the CM's do nothing.

"Line jumping is strictly prohibited. Guests are not permitted to save places in line or exit the line and return for any reason. Violators will be ejected without a refund."

Another year has gone by, and we were fortunate enough to go to Disney last week. The first day we were there, there were 2 episodes of line jumping (Speedway and Barnstormer). I ask the ride attendant at each ride about this, and they both indicated they didn't care. So I decided that neither do I, and just let it happen. It worked! Over the course of the week we had 2 more incidences, and I let the people by with a smile on my face!

I have heard various versions of the grandma's up there. My response is not to let them by and tell them call gramma and tell her your in the back of the line where you belong. Sadly it has been documented that people with money have hired older people to go stand in lines for them to do this. A good source of income if your on a limited budget but not something I am going to help with. People have yelled at me and called me names but Marine Vet hat I wear usually keeps it to just that.

Thank you for your service! I hear you, and the first 2 incidences I was reluctant, but I go to Disney to lose my stress, not get more. In real life this is more of an issue, but I'm waiting in line to let my kid drive me in a car, or ride in a teacup, I have learned my lesson!

Say what? This is one of the crazier things I’ve heard. Is this for real?
Yes if you have enough money you find someone and buy them a ticket and pay them for the day and have them stand in long lines for you, a variation of this used to be hire a grandmother type park her in a wheelchair and then head to the front of the line.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter