7th Annual Christmas Thread

I thought that I was finished shopping, but I just found out that my cousins bought for DD. So, I guess now I need to go grab something for their kids. I think I'll wait until Friday (we are having Christmas with them on Saturday) and try to grab some of the holiday bath sets or something half off.

We bought a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride for my Dad. I need to go to the party store on Friday and buy a large round helium balloon. I'm going to buy a small basket to attach to it. Hopefully when he opens the box, the 'hot air balloon' will float out with the gift certificate in the basket.

Anyone else have this intense fear that you are forgetting something? With all my boxing and shipping done so early on, I keep wondering what I am forgetting to do. There has to be something hiding in the shadows ready to trip me up at the last minute! Especially since I am working every day through Christmas Eve (and the day after Christmas).

I thought that I was finished shopping, but I just found out that my cousins bought for DD. So, I guess now I need to go grab something for their kids. I think I'll wait until Friday (we are having Christmas with them on Saturday) and try to grab some of the holiday bath sets or something half off. We bought a gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride for my Dad. I need to go to the party store on Friday and buy a large round helium balloon. I'm going to buy a small basket to attach to it. Hopefully when he opens the box, the 'hot air balloon' will float out with the gift certificate in the basket.

What a cute idea! Love how your presenting his gift!

We do something called "pre-Christmas" with my 4 bonus kids and their mom. That was this weekend, and I have to say it was a huge hit!

I wrapped up DH's gifts and DBro's gifts (DBro will be here for Christmas, he flies in tonight!) and I got a little sad...I feel like I failed on Christmas this year for DH, I hope he likes his gifts :-\.

My favorite gift for DH I bought during the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, and they sent an update that they are trying to get stuff out by the holidays, but there is no guarantee...I got him an autographed headshot of LaVar Burton...but I don't know what to put in the frame if it doesn't get here in time...I want him to unwrap something saying it's on the way though...thoughts?

3 DAYS until Christmas... and I am sick. It is also my last day off between now and the holiday and I have stuff to do. I woke up to a sore throat, really bad chest congestion, cough, and just that feeling of "ugh" this morning. Hopefully the drugs will kick in fast so I can at least do the dishes, clean the stove top, and do laundry. I may rest the rest of the day though just to be sure I can get to work the next couple days and be ready for the Christmas insanity.

3 DAYS until Christmas... and I am sick. It is also my last day off between now and the holiday and I have stuff to do. I woke up to a sore throat, really bad chest congestion, cough, and just that feeling of "ugh" this morning. Hopefully the drugs will kick in fast so I can at least do the dishes, clean the stove top, and do laundry. I may rest the rest of the day though just to be sure I can get to work the next couple days and be ready for the Christmas insanity.

I hope you feel better! Being sick at Christmas is awful...after the necessities just curl up in bed with a Christmas movie and a cup of tea.

We do something called "pre-Christmas" with my 4 bonus kids and their mom. That was this weekend, and I have to say it was a huge hit!

I wrapped up DH's gifts and DBro's gifts (DBro will be here for Christmas, he flies in tonight!) and I got a little sad...I feel like I failed on Christmas this year for DH, I hope he likes his gifts :-\.

My favorite gift for DH I bought during the Reading Rainbow Kickstarter, and they sent an update that they are trying to get stuff out by the holidays, but there is no guarantee...I got him an autographed headshot of LaVar Burton...but I don't know what to put in the frame if it doesn't get here in time...I want him to unwrap something saying it's on the way though...thoughts?

Maybe just make a 'gift cert' on your computer and have him unwrap it..or add a picture of it from the website on the GC so he can see what it will look like...? Glad the event with pre-Christmas went so well!

Oh gosh!! Hope you get better really quick!! do what you HAVE to do and then try and lay around as much as possible!!!

As much as I hate focusing on presents (and not presence) during Christmas, I'm kind of bummed one of DFi's gifts won't be here on time. I ordered it in November, and emailed the company, but no response or update. It was part of a themed gift, and I feel guilty the parts of it that I DO have are going to seem lackluster by themselves. I know he's going to love it regardless, but he told me he thinks this might be the best round of christmas gifts he's ever given me. And he's an amazing gift-giver.

But nothing really matters, because after work Tuesday, we'll be home making Buckeyes, and Christmas Eve officially starts his new work schedule that gives us a "weekend" together every week! It's truly the best gift, to have time off together to enjoy our engagement before the wedding, which is 11 months from yesterday! :faint:

I hope you feel better! Being sick at Christmas is awful...after the necessities just curl up in bed with a Christmas movie and a cup of tea.

Nothing got done yesterday. I had to go to physical therapy (it was my last appointment) but luckily we did a very easy workout since it was mostly about getting me a list of things to do at home. Then I picked up a pizza and went home and did nothing.

Feeling better this morning. Still a on again, off again headache, chest congestion, and fatigue. I work tonight, work tomorrow (have to seat the 4pm show and then being allowed to leave so I can attend a family dinner for Christmas Eve), and work Friday. We do have Christmas Day off though and then the theatre will be dark for 1.5 weeks.

Now to survive the next few days...

Merry Christmas Eve. Some last minute cooking and cleaning this morning and a run to Krispy Kreme for our Christmas donuts and I think I'm ready. Going to an early dinner with my dad at Outback and then having about 5 families over, with about 16 kids ranging in age from 6 to 21, to watch Rudolph and enjoy some holiday cheer. Christmas Eve is my favorite night of the year. After company leaves, the elves will get to work while we watch A Christmas Story!

Merry Christmas Eve to everyone! My youngest woke up sick with a cold in the middle of the night. I'm exhausted from getting up with him. His sister has a cold too. He said I accidentally kissed her so I got her cold. The one thing I said was don't kiss your sister when she has a cold :rotfl:. So today if I can just clean the house I'm pretty happy. In laws coming over this afternoon to celebrate. That will last until about midnight (but I don't plan to stay up that late!). Hopefully everyone behaves tonight and nothing mean is said.

Hope everyone has a great Christmas!

I just put a King Arthur Flour Egg Nog Cake in the oven for Baby Jesus's birthday cake. We were going to go ice skating, but DH has never skated and is a real grump when he is bad at things, so I think we will go another time!

So DH's big gift hasn't arrive yet...I'm hoping for a Christmas miracle and it gets here today, but I'm also not holding my breath. So I made this to go into the frame:

Does it look ok? (Obviously the mis-spell lines won't be in the printed version).

The print out looks great.
I actually have nothing to do. DD8 is playing Barbies in her room, cats sleeping, presents wrapped, food ready, house clean (ish). Will be a bomb tomorrow so why go overboard today. Guess I could throw a load of laundry in? DD is in the kids choir for 5p Family Mass then she and I heading out to dinner. Just sort of waiting around. Wishing everyone the happiest and most blessed Christmas. :santa:

So I opened a couple of gifts tonight (the positives of being an adult) and one just about made me cry (good tears). My aunt sent me a stuffed Tramp from Lady and the Tramp. I checked every store at Disney when I was there in October. I could find Lady everywhere, but no Tramp! Well, my aunt must of remembered that (she was with me for some of the trip) and found me a Tramp! It meant so much to me.

Why did we wait so long for the Wii. Santa brought a refurbished wii console and Disney Universe and Wii sports. So fun. DD loves boxing! See everyone next year

I hope everyone had a very Merry Christmas and have a Super Blessed New Year in 2015!!
Thanks for being part of our thread again this year!! See you all in about 7/8 months!!!!!

Do we have an 8th Annual thread yet? I've started my list on my Santa's Bag app :). Always love the ideas I get from this thread!
I want one too! It helps me get ideas for hard to buy for people and keeps me on track. Especially since I have to start buying in the next month so I can split up the cost better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter