8 Months...That will go by fast right??---A January 2014 First Trip to WDW PTR!

Hi All! I'm in!
We're going the first week of February and I've been contemplating as to whether or not to start a pre-trip report yet as I have like a billion more days to go.Glad to see someone else has started one. Now I need to get it together and start mine.

As of now our intention is to stay at POFQ. Never stayed there before and I'm looking forward to it.

As for the dining plan.....I prefer it. I'd rather have it taken care of and I don't have to worry about it at all. (Dining may be included in an offer so keep your eyes open).

I recommend O'hana for dinner. FANTASTIC and the bread pudding is to die for.

Welcome!!! And thank you for all your suggestions! I have been thinking about Ohana but now I am pretty sure it is a must on our list of places to eat. :)

POFQ seems like a very nice resort. For me it sort of makes up for the lack of New Orleans Square (one of my favorite areas of DLR) so that's probably why I had that in mind. :thumbsup2

I agree with you about the dining plan. I have seen some of the prices of the food while reading dining reviews and I just feel like it would take away from the fun as my DH and I are pretty frugal even during vacations. So it's either that or a loaded gift card that we know has more than enough on it so we don't really have to worry about the price there either. That way we don't have to worry about how many CS or TS credits and stuff. I'm not sure, that I will figure out once we get closer to the date! popcorn::

In just TWO weeks I will be down under 200 days! :cool1:

Thought I would join in. We are planning on going the last week of January as well. We've got a team of 5 going this year - small group for us so I'm very excited! Happy planning!

Thought I would join in. We are planning on going the last week of January as well. We've got a team of 5 going this year - small group for us so I'm very excited! Happy planning!

Welcome Aboard! :goodvibes Have you been in January before? It is getting closer, no longer 8 months away. I need to step up my game on the planning process now. :scared:

I am having a lot more fun planning this trip now that the actual days are up on the website now! I've probably priced it out over 50 times in the last month. :rotfl: I am hoping to book the trip by September 15th (our anniversary) and give the paper work to my husband for the so called "paper" anniversary. I thought that seemed fitting! Not sure how he is going to top that. ;)

I've posted this somewhere else, but if anyone has any suggestions for a romantic dinner, let me know! Preferably something where you can watch one of the shows while you eat. I am still trying to find as many TR's as I can to get some good ideas, but I think I need to start taking notes! :lmao:

So I've decided to give another update now that our trip is almost 5 months away! I thought I had our hotel narrowed down to staying at the POR, but I read some info about the CSR and it kinda swayed me a little. Specifically info I read about the bus system, and a few have said it is the "deluxe" moderate. HMMM.... :confused3

But for sure, it is between those two. We don't want to stay at any of the economy resorts and DH and I would rather spend the extra money it would cost for a deluxe on extra experiences!

I can't narrow down plans for specific days. DH and I would like to just see where it goes and be able to say "hmm.. I feel like going to see this today" instead of having specific parks for days and all that. So this lead me to the decision to not purchase the dining plan. We will make ADR's for a few restaurants but otherwise we'll eat whatever's available where we're at for the day.

That being said, I know I can't go to WDW with no plans... so I've decided to start making a "bucket list" of things for us to do. So far, this is what I've got on the list.

-Eat at Via Napoli in Epcot Park
-Eat at Ohana for our anniversary dinner at Polynesian Resort
-Try to visit all 4 parks in one day
-See Fantasmic!
-Rent jet skis
-Take a boat to DTD and eat at Earl of Sandwich and go to the shops
-Bring home a shot glass for my collection
-Wishes dessert package

I will be adding to this as the planning continues, and I would love suggestions from any of you seasoned WDW goers! :thumbsup2 I think I will also post this list on the first post and add to it there. It will be fun once the list gets to be long, and to see if once we've returned if we have crossed all the ideas off the list!

Thanks for reading! :cool1:

Sorry. :sad:

Cancelled until further notice because planning is too difficult with this new FP+ mess. I just don't have the time and patience to plan which rides DH and I are going to ride each day. :confused3 It seems so ridiculous to me! We wanted a trip where we could wake up in the AM and decide which park to go to that day. If that's what we want then we have to deal with standby lines which are no fun.

So..... we're going to Hawaii instead! :thumbsup2 (And squeezing in a trip to DLR too, much more laid back environment)

Still disappointed though, I wish we would have gone sooner before they decided to ruin a good thing.

end of rant!

I am sorry about your WDW trip, I fully understand about the mess with FP+. But a trip to Hawaii, I think I would be very happy. :yay: Thanks for the update.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter