• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

9 year old turning 10

Yep, DGD turns 10 on Sunday, we check in tomorrow. It's her last trip as a Disney kid, since our trip begins before her official birthday. And the main reason we are letting her play hookey for 2 days (shhhh)

Just like, if you begin your trip 1 day before you turn 3 you are free the entire trip, even if the trip lasts 14 days.

It's all about what age you are on the day the trip starts, never what age you turn during the trip. One of the few times Disney does something in the guests favor

haha we are letting my youngest play hooky for SIX school days for our trip!! It's the only time I ever let that happen, and turns out all of the kids have had the same teacher during Grade 3 so she's used to it after 3 kids having had their time in the sun... which reminds me, I better send her a note about our trip asap! lol

Along the same lines, but for dinning. I'm looking to book desert parties and character meals during a trip where my child turns 10 after arrival, but before the meals/desert parties. Will he be charged as an adult or child for the meals desert parties after he turns 10? Paying out of pocket not on the dinning plan.

We had to pay for our dessert party ahead of time. My son actually turned 10 right BEFORE our trip, but since I booked the dessert party when MDE showed him as 9...I paid child price for him. So anything paid ahead of time should not be a problem.

As for character meals, he should still be charged as a child...just let them know he was 9 when the trip started.

A little off topic, but I had a "no one grows up" moment at Disney about 7 years ago. I went with my family and my Mom still had a non-expiry ticket from when I was 7. It was a child's ticket, so we all figured I'd just have to pay the difference.

We get to the turnstiles and I give the ticket to the cast member. I explain it's from years ago and I'd be happy to pay the difference. She looks at me and says "absolutely not! No one grows up at Disney!" and she let me on through.

And that's how I got into the Magic Kingdom for free. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter