A (2019) HalloXmas trip to Asia - Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo! - COMPLETED 5/1!!!

And not to be outdone, Cruella shows up with her “puppies”! In a slinky Jazz number

WMqSiQj.jpg
XHo6SdR.jpg
E7axTXY.jpg
6IGY7JY.jpg
mlaMZx4.jpg

Mother Gothel has a simpler act, but they do some audience participation, which is fun! And I loved that they picked someone with the Tokyo Hamm hat, since part of it is her trying to brush his hair!

OBgYE65.jpg
tVLslCK.jpg

And another favorite number – Gaston! Just so much energy and awesomeness!

o2TYRpx.jpg
9GYTWU0.jpg
Vthlfv8.jpg
wyif9CH.jpg
Kk15wjH.jpg
2WCTLCO.jpg
FKBukso.jpg
q2lSGQA.jpg
UvDbAko.jpg
zzQXors.jpg
8BKyJlF.jpg
yUzmUI0.jpg
GHMtWxs.jpg
gMklxJS.jpg
aACZlLn.jpg
rWdf64f.jpg
0VNA5aF.jpg
k4WSRWZ.jpg

And grand finale. With everyone spinning around and the noise and lights and fire! OMG this was something else!

gPqDehZ.jpg
VZU3eqr.jpg
v1otzc7.jpg
kdqJrjD.jpg
BpwRuQz.jpg
mFM6XKW.jpg
pmeG1TZ.jpg
8z8KLpL.jpg
ZFIRmwy.jpg
8hKyqkP.jpg
6rTI3rk.jpg

Honestly this show was one of the coolest things I’ve seen! Just so many unexpected elements and so much talent! I knew I’d be seeing it again!

Here is a video of the full show which I highly recommend you watch so you can hear the awesome music too!

Coming up - Moana and more Adventureland

Though it is always interesting seeing it in different countries as WDI tried to tailor each version based on the location. It also has Disney characters (which for the record, I love! WDW is the only version without characters).
I know they were a little controversial when first added to IASW in DL, but I really love how cute they are! They'd be a welcome addition to WDW's, in my opinion! I also would love for them to update/fancify the facade in WDW. In fact, when I was there in July, the open-air entrance was all boarded up with solid blue wood panels--it almost made it look like the ride was closed! So weird.

Oh, so pretty!!! I love that there are more pastels throughout, rather than mostly white.

I need sidewalks like these around my house :) It would make me so happy!

overall a cute show! I think most of the parks have a Mickey stage show of some sort, so it’s cool to see! I’d put this version on par with Mickey and the Magical Map (from Disneyland) but not as good as Mickey and the Magician (in Paris).
And yes, I loved the color blind casting!
Their stage productions are seriously next level!!!!! I'm very jealous, and hope Disney decides to bring some of this type of awesomeness to WDW some day!

WOW! I'm so impressed. I always thought the shows in Disney were great, but I think the Asian park outdo the US parks.

Omg this show is giving me AOV vibes but mixed with some Hocus Pocus vibes. I am OBSESSED. I would DIE to see this show. Also, that Gaston... SIR. Wow. Currently saving the full show video in my 'Watch Laters'. Wowowowow.

That show looked Fabulous! How fun to have a show for Villains!
I know! I think HK could work well for a Villains land!
I know they were a little controversial when first added to IASW in DL, but I really love how cute they are! They'd be a welcome addition to WDW's, in my opinion! I also would love for them to update/fancify the facade in WDW. In fact, when I was there in July, the open-air entrance was all boarded up with solid blue wood panels--it almost made it look like the ride was closed! So weird.
Yeah, I saw those photos and it looked weird! I think WDW's version needs some updating!
Their stage productions are seriously next level!!!!! I'm very jealous, and hope Disney decides to bring some of this type of awesomeness to WDW some day!
Yeah definitely! It does seem like all of the ones in WDW are just the same as always - they need some new blood!
WOW! I'm so impressed. I always thought the shows in Disney were great, but I think the Asian park outdo the US parks.
They definitely have great productions! Though Tokyo outshone all of these!
Wow that show looked amazing!!!
It was just great energy and atmosphere!
Fabulous looking show, really different!
Yeah, totally unlike anything else I've seen at the Disney parks!
Omg this show is giving me AOV vibes but mixed with some Hocus Pocus vibes. I am OBSESSED. I would DIE to see this show. Also, that Gaston... SIR. Wow. Currently saving the full show video in my 'Watch Laters'. Wowowowow.
I knew you'd love it! I even think when I left it, I thought, "that show was made for Timmy"! And AOV mixed with Hocus Pocus is a great way to describe it!
WOW!!! What a great show!!!! Wonder if it will every come to WDW or DL??? 🤔
I would love that! I think it could work well at DCA during Oogie Boogie's Bash.

Part 12 -Moana A Homecoming Celebration

After watching this show I decided to chill a bit with a snack in the Karibuni Marketplace (in Adventureland). HKDL had some fun Halloween options. Now, unfortunately I can’t find the online posts describing the offerings, but for drinks they had a syringe (that I think was lemonade) and a blood bag (that may have been berry). I know one had alcohol and one didn’t. And unfortunately the one I wanted (which I don’t remember) was already sold out for the season ☹

JVNRITv.jpg

I did end up getting this bubble waffle which looks like some sort of chocolate creme. And I remember it being delicious! (I forgot to take a photo before taking a little bite!)

ioVP07o.jpg

Of course while I was eating, these birdies came over and were just getting closer and closer… ladies – I’m not Snow White!

05qPHZj.jpg
RTgXLBs.jpg

I did watch this awesome vending machine spray a couple people!

pDbUTUO.jpg
ZDMAYLh.jpg

And another snack HKDL offers are these squid things. Basically its grilled, pressed squid that they roll up. People seem to love them, though they make that area smell like a wharf! Needless to say, I didn’t get one!

1xw66Qw.jpg

At one point I considered heading over to Tarzan’s Treehouse (I don’t know if it ever was Swiss Family Treehouse) on the island, but in the end I never went!

5GziS3J.jpg
VG5bclQ.jpg
CUQmmvB.jpg

SVXgDa6.jpg

You can see here part of the Jungle Cruise animals viewed from the boat dock!

2A3yjrZ.jpg

I headed up to catch the final performance of Moana: A Homecoming Celebration, which was one of the newer full-time entertainment options! (I did get there early and decided to go ahead and sit in the front row but got rousted out by the CM who said it was for kids… but I’m a kid at heart!)

Zlra9eU.jpg
j4Q3fnf.jpg

I had hoped that I would get to catch a certain Friend of Moana whose sister writes TRs and who had recently started a contract at HKDL. Unfortunately she didn’t start up in the show itself until a couple weeks later.

czfM6l6.jpg

The show is pretty cute – basically a retelling of Moana with a handful of actors and some puppet props. Moana spoke mostly English while her grandma/Te Ka spoke Chinese (again, I don’t know if Cantonese or Mandarin)

FrV645k.jpg
CX5PrfS.jpg
1TdyUK0.jpg
P40TI5N.jpg
4JqpfFE.jpg
AU87MxH.jpg

The story begins!

8Pkk1Wf.jpg
B2JY4Hq.jpg

The hei hei puppet was cute!

rzI8P6t.jpg
kJT6bOX.jpg

The coconut critters!

IFmaQeX.jpg

And of course Tamatoa!

84qCfR7.jpg

Final confrontation and reunification

A2ZzMXc.jpg
nikDWf4.jpg
c3LCjI4.jpg
LLvPZlr.jpg

NRtSxk4.jpg
0GopTbd.jpg
luUVXVL.jpg
6pXl4eL.jpg

Something I definitely recommend checking out when you are there!

Coming up - Twilight in Fantasyland

HKDL Halloween is giving me some big HHN throwback vibes. Back in the day, they used to have what they called 'blood bag girls' who would carry blood bags which were the alcohol mixtures that I can't remember if you took shots of them or what but apparently they were the best way to get drunk. I believe there were syringes too. This is wild how similar the events really are, right down to the special beverage offerings.

Oooo, Moana looks a lot like if they took the Fantasy Faire show and put Moana in. Never got to see much of that, but that's just a reminder of things I need to set aside a little time to do when I return to DLR.

Wow sounds like you had a busy day, love that you could do everything without masses of planning.

The Halloween Gardens sound fun. The candy wrappers are so cute!

Love the themeing of the Royal Banquet Hall!

Let’s Get Wicked looks like something I would love! So cool!

Late on board but following especially for pro tips, as I originally wanted to do the same trip this fall. Now I'm thinking about taking a longer hiatus of 2 or 3 months and doing an All-Disney Parks-trip in 1-1,5 years if I can persuade my boss...

HKDL Halloween is giving me some big HHN throwback vibes. Back in the day, they used to have what they called 'blood bag girls' who would carry blood bags which were the alcohol mixtures that I can't remember if you took shots of them or what but apparently they were the best way to get drunk. I believe there were syringes too. This is wild how similar the events really are, right down to the special beverage offerings.

Oooo, Moana looks a lot like if they took the Fantasy Faire show and put Moana in. Never got to see much of that, but that's just a reminder of things I need to set aside a little time to do when I return to DLR.
That is interesting about the similarities! And yeah, I could see that with Moana. I've never stopped to watch Fantasy Faire - seen it while walking by.
Wow sounds like you had a busy day, love that you could do everything without masses of planning.
Yeah, and considering how the park was only open for about 9 hrs, it was great!
The Halloween Gardens sound fun. The candy wrappers are so cute!

Love the themeing of the Royal Banquet Hall!

Let’s Get Wicked looks like something I would love! So cool!
I took home so many of those candies and snacked on them! Let's Get Wicked was just so awesome!
I love this lol!! For some reason I don't think they'd get away with something like this in the USA lol
Haha, probably not!
Late on board but following especially for pro tips, as I originally wanted to do the same trip this fall. Now I'm thinking about taking a longer hiatus of 2 or 3 months and doing an All-Disney Parks-trip in 1-1,5 years if I can persuade my boss...
Yeah, that would sound awesome! Rachelle and her husband did a 7-week trip hitting all the Asian parks (Universal and Disney), and they did a good trip report for that one.

I think in a few years (for a major birthday) I want to go back and do the ABD China trip. And maybe figure out how to add in Tokyo Disney and Universal Beijing, because the plans for that one look super cool!

Part 13 – Wandering Fantasyland in the twilight

By this time the sun had set and I decided to try checking out some areas at night! Of course I’m not exactly an expert photographer, so just know I tried my best!

First, Adventureland. I loved the reflection of the treehouse in the river!

wWH8xNn.jpg
RsYPXS0.jpg
DVwvYwq.jpg
wJOqSWB.jpg
eIN1OAI.jpg
9bXhmXx.jpg

Transition from Adventure to Fantasyland. Cool to see the mountains in the background!

2mLWDf1.jpg
ORJz8GX.jpg

I had hoped to walk through the Fairy Tale Forest, but it was already closed (I’ll be back tomorrow)

uxxekkB.jpg

Miscellaneous Fantasyland. Areas of it could feel pretty dark, especially because the castle wasn't lit up!

ccJMshy.jpg
s4G787k.jpg
zocrHS3.jpg

Over to the Halloween Time Festival Gardens. During the day Winnie the Pooh and friends meet in their costumes. At night various villains meet!

xSyCR7G.jpg
vb8yZAH.jpg
hGQ98dm.jpg
MYYxiY6.jpg
jJfte1F.jpg
hLWw9Dx.jpg
XEc1snJ.jpg
sNP0HTN.jpg
JLnSZ6w.jpg
6GVJaiQ.jpg
SNIITrF.jpg
5yQ0GYm.jpg
hLyCjCG.jpg

Trick or treating and Halloween crafts

HGpQAYd.jpg
PPFTOGl.jpg

I think Frollo from Hunchback of Notre Dame was meeting.

8GhYErK.jpg
ChwV6Yd.jpg

Since I was there and there was no wait, I decided to take a spin on the Tea Cups! The same covered as WDW but no Dormouse in the center, more similar to Paris where he's off to the side.

ZQj24yP.jpg
00KOszK.jpg
uM3WlBx.jpg
fpLITsV.jpg
Rwdkd8V.jpg
lVn2xXe.jpg
stbrwZJ.jpg

I did catch some of small world lights, which looked cool and I realized there was a whole light show, so I wanted to see that the next night! (I believe the park closed at 7:30 this night and it was already around 6:30)

x2qLJGT.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter