A Birthday Cake Question

cruising spud

DIS Veteran
Our family is going to Disney in early 2025. One of our daughter's is turning 50 around this time, and I thought I would make reservations for a birthday dinner. Silly me-I also thought it would be quick and easy to order a birthday cake. :rotfl: Looking at the Disney website, I see that I can order a "Mickey Dome Cake" (I would need at least two) or a special-order birthday cake for more than a $165. Triple :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:. I also see that I can go to Disney Springs and get a cake at a bakery. Not sure what these cakes would cost, but I really don't want to spend the time (we won't have a car) going to Disney Springs for a cake.

Now, I get it- we are going to Disney. After spending thousands of dollars on a Disney World trip, what's another $165? BUT, I was just wondering-has anyone ever done anything else (besides the above two options) to get a cake? Something relatively quick, easy, and less expensive? If not, fine. Just wanted to explore my options.

Thank you.

Or you could go to the Publix grocery store and get a cake. My Florida friends say their cakes are very good.

If you're flying in, you could take a towncar from the airport to the hotel and do a grocery stop on the way. Or Uber to the store and back from the hotel.

The cake chatter thread @Eastern mentioned gives lots of info on ordering a cake to be delivered to certain restaurants in the parks & resorts. It will entail time spent at home but it certainly won’t be less expensive. The Cake Bake Shop at the Boardwalk is supposed to open some time this year. If it does, you may be able to order a cake to pick up from there. There’s been no info on pricing or if special orders will be available. Maybe keep an eye on if that opens before your trip.

I ordered a birthday cake at Il Mulino two years ago. I don't remember what it cost, but I don't think it was even close to $165.

There are many outside vendors that will deliver cakes to the resorts if you are willing to have the cake in your resort room. If you happen to be on FB, take a look at the Ear for Each Other page - it is filled with former pastry CMs who lost their jobs over the pandemic and started their own businesses. They make gorgeous cakes. This is one that posts frequently - really beautiful work: https://www.oliviaskitchen.app/

Thank you, thank you. Maybe instead of a cake, I will get cookies delivered. They would keep better in the room. Or, get a cake delivered to the resort and make dining reservation at the resort. Wonderful ideas. I appreciate everyone's thoughts.

I ordered a cake for our 20th wedding anniversary. Had dinner at Narcoosse's & cake followed afterwards. It was $135 (this was 2 years ago) and it tasted awful. Didn't finish our slices at the restaurant and threw out the rest. We've had the dome cakes on DCL. They tasted much better. We have an upcoming trip for daughters high school graduation and birthday and want to do at least 1 cake (maybe 2). I will not order another cake. I can think of a lot better ways to spend $135 (probably more now). May order mickey dome for after one restaurant meal and leaning towards a cake (that she can pick out) from Amorette's. Can eat it there. I like the idea of their small cakes, no leftovers.

For my DS 16th bday, we got him a dozen Gideon’s cookies in a variety of flavors in lieu of a cake. They were definitely much easier to store and we were able to take any leftovers on the plane with us.

How many people does the cake need to feed?

From website-
Mickey Mouse Celebration Cakes
Order a fun and festive cake in the shape of Mickey Mouse!
• Flavors: Choice of dark chocolate, milk chocolate or white chocolate.
• Engraving Options: A special message of “Happy Birthday” or “Congratulations” is available on the chocolate ears—or choose to leave them blank—the cakes are adorable either way!
• Size: One cake feeds 4 to 6 Guests.
• Price: $39 per cake, plus tax and gratuities where applicable (pricing subject to change); the cake will be added to your restaurant bill and charged at the conclusion of the meal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter